Cyberpunk 2077: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would HAVE

Sorry to be a grammar nazi but I've been seeing this almost every day in various places lately and it's starting to drive me insane

i would have but would of had a would have but i would of not given a crap.. just sayin, kthx ;)

I'm actually happy about the delay for three reasons:

1) More time to polish is good. I don't care about the comical speculation/trolling, crunch issues etc. The studio has a strong track record for delivering on launch, not being forced to stick to stupid deadlines by publisher (EA tactic) and I will trust them with that.

2) More time for me to finish backlog of games.

3) Potential for RTX 3080 launch in advance of game so I can upgrade and hopefully have decent ray tracing performance in 2077.

Starting to make the game sound like Mass Effect: Andromeda...

...which I completed on the release version.

If CDPR has passed the stage that ME:A was at upon release, I'm good.

the only reason ME:A "sucked" was because of the first two games. If it had been a new IP people would have loved it and overlooked the stupid animations and so on.
But they botched the franchise with ME3 and people are still annoyed about that.

I'm actually happy about the delay for three reasons:

1) More time to polish is good. I don't care about the comical speculation/trolling, crunch issues etc. The studio has a strong track record for delivering on launch, not being forced to stick to stupid deadlines by publisher (EA tactic) and I will trust them with that.

2) More time for me to finish backlog of games.

3) Potential for RTX 3080 launch in advance of game so I can upgrade and hopefully have decent ray tracing performance in 2077.

Damnit, I wonder if I'm going to have to upgrade my 2080

the only reason ME:A "sucked" was because of the first two games. If it had been a new IP people would have loved it and overlooked the stupid animations and so on.
But they botched the franchise with ME3 and people are still annoyed about that.

It lacked because it took what made the originals great and sidelined it for a duller, longer experience. CDPR seem to be wanting to keep Cyberpunk shorter than W3, but apparently the post game story will be longer. Although at that point, if there is still lots of story content, is it actually "post game"? I am hoping they learned and made the story more concise and on track this go around. Witcher 3 dragged on forever on little tangents, even if some parts were interesting. The whole story was just underwhelming with little reason to actually care about what was going on.

It lacked because it took what made the originals great and sidelined it for a duller, longer experience. CDPR seem to be wanting to keep Cyberpunk shorter than W3, but apparently the post game story will be longer. Although at that point, if there is still lots of story content, is it actually "post game"? I am hoping they learned and made the story more concise and on track this go around. Witcher 3 dragged on forever on little tangents, even if some parts were interesting. The whole story was just underwhelming with little reason to actually care about what was going on.

I played through ME:A in the last year and quite enjoyed it. Definitely not up to the standard of the first 3 games (and for the record I liked 3 besides the ending shenanigans). I did find the open world style fetch crap tedious so I didn't bother with any questions in the "Tasks" category, although that aspect was slightly improved from the misery of DA:I catching the stupid crystals.

Witcher 3 the quality of everything was so good that I was happy to take 6+ months to work through 200h of gameplay, I do agree the main quest was plodding at times though. I'll take the same approach with 2077 I think.

Damnit, I wonder if I'm going to have to upgrade my 2080

Probably not, and I am sure my 1080 Ti would be fine, but if the game delivers on the quality I am hoping for then I want to experience it at the highest settings/smoothest FPS possible at 1440p and I'd be willing to upgrade to a 3080 or used 2080 Ti, especially if ray tracing improves immersion.

They didn't have time to optimize for a console gen that's basically been out since the development started. It's understandable.
In any endeavor, resources are finite, and will always be spent where they get the most results. Making new APIs work on old legacy systems is always going to consume an inordinate amount of resources. But hey, keep pretending you know something about development.

In any endeavor, resources are finite, and will always be spent where they get the most results. Making new APIs work on old legacy systems is always going to consume an inordinate amount of resources. But hey, keep pretending you know something about development.
If you develop for enough years, everything becomes old legacy.

If I use a female character for this game, I want her to look like Molly from Neuromancer.

Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man? :p

its more a punk aesthetic then dyke, but you do you.

All indications, including press releases, is that its in first person.

Agree. She does look a bit more punk-militant-merc style to me.

I love sexy ladies as much as the next non-lettered guy :D but the character in CP should be a badass. They can plaster the streets and bars with eye candy.

its more a punk aesthetic then dyke, but you do you.

All indications, including press releases, is that its in first person.
No the character is very masculine looking, the punk look is expected. They received criticism about some of the in game advertisements being too sexualized and this seems to be an (over)reaction to that.

Edit: BTW in case it wasn't clear I wasn't using dyke as a slur but a description, she doesn't look like a man but does look like she's trying maximize the masculinity that she has.

No the character is very masculine looking, the punk look is expected. They received criticism about some of the in game advertisements being too sexualized and this seems to be an (over)reaction to that.

Edit: BTW in case it wasn't clear I wasn't using dyke as a slur but a description, she doesn't look like a man but does look like she's trying maximize the masculinity that she has.

Meh, she looks fine for a cyberpunk game, I really don't understand your gripe and dyke is a slur (not that I care, but words have power and meaning regardless of intention particularly when written).

Also its default appearance, which means and in line with prior information, you will have the ability to make whatever you want, as it should be in a cyber punk world. Out of all the fictional worlds/realities, cyberpunk is the single one that blends the best with anything LGBT++.

got one thanks but yours might be slipping.

You have a problem as you think that word have meaning is equal to reee'ing, calm down man.

Words have pre-established meaning, both in diction and lexicon, using words particularly in writing conveys that meaning directly as vocal tone is absent.

Edit: Care to explain why words have meaning = violence???

Last edited:
You have a problem as you think that word have meaning is equal to reee'ing, calm down man.

Words have pre-established meaning, both in diction and lexicon, using words particularly in writing conveys that meaning directly as vocal tone is absent.

Edit: Care to explain why words have meaning = violence???
no, no problem. "words have meaning" is usually followed by "words are violence" but thats a topic for another thread. the ;) designated that i was joking but feel free to feel bent out of shape for no reason.

The character model looks ok. It could be better. As mentioned, it's the "default". Default implies other customization or selection is possible. Now what do you two maniacs want to do first?

Meh, she looks fine for a cyberpunk game, I really don't understand your gripe and dyke is a slur (not that I care, but words have power and meaning regardless of intention particularly when written).

Also its default appearance, which means and in line with prior information, you will have the ability to make whatever you want, as it should be in a cyber punk world. Out of all the fictional worlds/realities, cyberpunk is the single one that blends the best with anything LGBT++.
No, you're choosing to reinterpret what I said, intention and context do matter. I've known several self-professed dykes and they have zero issue with the term being used in a descriptive sense.

I also have no issue with a character like that being included I just hope that there are options that are substantially different from that. I also think they went that direction as a reaction to the controversy which I think is wrong and I hope this isn't a sign that they've altered the game to appease the PC crowd. Discrimination is wrong but so is overreacting to every perceived slight which is what it's turned into, personally I think the PC movement jumped the shark when the concept of microaggressions was invented.

Hmmm.... ***Clicks Unwatch Thread...***

Edit: Apparently I couldn't stay away. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Never understood why in so many games/movies/TV series they assume people in the future will shave half their head and color it in the most awkward of ways. In Cyberpunk I can understand it, as it has the term punk in the name and is a particular sub-theme of science fiction that draws influence from punk music. And it is based on an IP from a few decades ago. So I'll give Cyberpunk a pass. But for some reason, practically every other sci fi and post apocalyptic piece of media thinks people in these settings have to look so awkward. Especially doesn't make sense in post apocalyptic settings. Scavenging for food, clothes and bare essentials but somehow have the and ability and time to dye your hair apparently. I'm not even sure what the thought process is. "I'm hungry, so I'm going to spend time making myself look weird!" Just a tried and cliche design. Obviously they're all knocking off Mad Max 2, but at this point it has become so tiresome and old.

But you get full character customization, so have at it in Cyberpunk. Last I checked there was no 3rd person so there isn't much of a point anyways, unless the cut scenes take you into 3rd person. If I recall, they were reworking the game so the majority of cut scenes and whatnot were from the first person. I prefer the Deus Ex method, first person in gameplay, 3rd person in cut scenes.

Never understood why in so many games/movies/TV series they assume people in the future will shave half their head and color it in the most awkward of ways. In Cyberpunk I can understand it, as it has the term punk in the name and is a particular sub-theme of science fiction that draws influence from punk music. And it is based on an IP from a few decades ago. So I'll give Cyberpunk a pass. But for some reason, practically every other sci fi and post apocalyptic piece of media thinks people in these settings have to look so awkward. Especially doesn't make sense in post apocalyptic settings. Scavenging for food, clothes and bare essentials but somehow have the and ability and time to dye your hair apparently. I'm not even sure what the thought process is. "I'm hungry, so I'm going to spend time making myself look weird!" Just a tried and cliche design. Obviously they're all knocking off Mad Max 2, but at this point it has become so tiresome and old.

But you get full character customization, so have at it in Cyberpunk. Last I checked there was no 3rd person so there isn't much of a point anyways, unless the cut scenes take you into 3rd person. If I recall, they were reworking the game so the majority of cut scenes and whatnot were from the first person. I prefer the Deus Ex method, first person in gameplay, 3rd person in cut scenes.
the partly shaved head gets me every time i see it.
"you just have brain surgery?"
"no, why?"
"my aunt did and looks just like that!"

edit: to the nit-pickers, i mean irl. the game character has had some type of surgery, hence the scar.

To celebrate International Women’s Day on March 8, CD Projekt Red has treated us to a first look at the new default female appearance for Cyberpunk 2077's protagonist, V...

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1236607862983602179?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1236607862983602179&ref_url=https://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-red-unveils-a-new-look-for-cyberpunk-2077s-female-protagonist/

Looks... like a woman.

The hell is wrong with you people.

This is an RPG which allows full customization. Really, the default matters: not at all. If they allow for face codes, expect there to be entire sites dedicated to custom faces.
Regardless of if you like the default before or after or at all, the reaction is just kinda absurd to me.

The way things are going, Taco expects society to continue degrading in exponential scale. That means appearance will be taking a downhill tumble as well. 2077 will be a very different place to live in, unless some virus(or russia) wipes most of us out and only wealthy men in suits will survive somewhere in the fortified bunker.

Why vehicles in cyberpunk still have wheels is beyond taco. Confusion.

Scavenging for food, but having resources to dye hair being bizarre is a proper argument. Taco agrees.

Well, I guess the alternative would be baldness, mange, dreadlocks. I'll stick with the punk look. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back