Cyberpunk 2077: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the witcher is average at best, the gameplay is meh, and the story / characters weren't good enough to keep me interested in the game. Quite the opposite in fact, I was often repulsed by Geralt, and this is not because I want to be an edgelord and hate on "what's heralded as the greatest" I already hated Geralt in the Witcher2.

May God have mercy on your soul.

To me the witcher is average at best, the gameplay is meh, and the story / characters weren't good enough to keep me interested in the game. Quite the opposite in fact, I was often repulsed by Geralt, and this is not because I want to be an edgelord and hate on "what's heralded as the greatest" I already hated Geralt in the Witcher2. There are other games with bad or unlikable characters like GTA IV-V, but GTA can offset it with the gameplay. Witcher had neither. Average (or worse for the witcher 2) gameplay and an unlikable unrelatable main character.

So when I say I want it to not share DNA with Witcher, I mean the clunky combat (which seems guaranteed given that this is an FPS). And the totally repulsive main guy (which I Hope since we don't get an established character now)

tbh I agree with this. I think there is some good writing and quests in that series, but I never cared for the combat, magic, or potion systems. I blame that on the source material rather than cdpr and hope that this time they'll be making a game that's much more to my tastes.

Gothic, Risen, and ELEX are more my kind of Eurojank combat

tbh I agree with this. I think there is some good writing and quests in that series, but I never cared for the combat, magic, or potion systems. I blame that on the source material rather than cdpr and hope that this time they'll be making a game that's much more to my tastes.

Elex was surprisingly good.

Combat was never the Witcher series strong suit; that's a valid argument against the series. Also to be fair, Geralt isn't *supposed* to be likeable.

But the writing, especially in the third game, was superb.

I just clicked it for the Thumbnail. I learned some stuff about the game. I think it's going to bring everyone's PC to its knees like RDR.

LOL like it's going to improve anything unless its bug squashing. Now I have to live for 9 more months.

Last edited:
What shit show? If game is not ready then it is not ready. It is nothing compared to the shit show of SC. If you want buggy pile of shit at launch go buy a Bethesda or EA game then.
Because it was obvious for at least a year the game was nowhere near ready for the stated launch. CDPR has been bullshitting people and they don't deserve to be praised nor their BS ignored. They are not some god given holy developer that can do no wrong and any shit they sell eaten as some "high standards and care" BS excuse.

Because it was obvious for at least a year the game was nowhere near ready for the stated launch. CDPR has been bullshitting people and they don't deserve to be praised nor their BS ignored. They are not some god given holy developer that can do no wrong and any shit they sell eaten as some "high standards and care" BS excuse.
I just don't get the anger. Did CDPR touch you some where inappropriate?

That is fine by me. I would rather have them take their time and making the game complete instead of getting a half ass game that is buggy and has issues (Fallout 76 anyone).

Take your time IMO. I want a complete game, and not some alpha bullshit copy we all have to wait for fixes.

I completely fail to see how this game, its production and CDPR have been a shit show in any form.

Yes, they do have a higher standard of care in comparison with 90% of the industry.

Yeah, right on the star citizen backer spot.
CDPR and their fans sure are hitting all the same talking points. Delays, constant rebuilds, no clear direction, hectic development are sold as quality assurance and unprecedented scale and grandeur.

Last edited:
I still trust CDPR, if they say they need to delay it, then delay away.
Exactly. all that needs to be said really. Anyway i can't believe people were naive enough to believe the first release date from CDPR. I believe i called a delay months ago on here or wccftech. A guy in my office ask me last month if it was gonna come out in april. I told him nope. now look at here lol. Ahh I love it hehe. :D
#don'tdoubtme

Last edited:
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/CD-PROJEKT-RED-Reviews-E644250_P2.htm

"Many teams are lead and/or directed by incompetent people who focus more on advancing their own career than shipping a good product. Developers are being fired if they speak up about their leads' incompetency. HR processes fail to solve any mismanagement issues, often leading to developers quitting their jobs. The upper management is rotten to the core and full of people skilled only in sucking up to the directors. Complete mess in terms of production leading to crunch all the time. Many leads and directors lie constantly, both to their teams and their leads. People exposing those lies are often forced to leave or are straight out fired. Many developers have been asked to put up positive reviews here to hide how things really are. Low salaries, even compared to what other gamedev companies in Warsaw pay. Your career can be frozen by your lead based on lies he spreads about you and there will be no one to help you."

"Management and production lying to people in terms of deadlines and methods of production; Pointless crunch as a result of production team, which has no clue what they actually shoud do; Terrible mess in every department; Terrible communication between departments; Very low salaries; It's a great place for people good in corporation games and tricks."

And other similar stories from (former) employees. Change a couple of words and it could have been taken straight out of a CIG review.

And each new CDPR announcement proves those stories true.

Get it right, then release. Makes sense to me. Not sure why this is hard for anyone to understand.

Oh... Right... We need something to get worked up over.

"(former) employees."

On another note - games I've bought from them worked out of the box. Sure they might have been patched for this or that as time progressed but otherwise no issues. Not a lot of game companies can say that nowadays.

"(former) employees."

On another note - games I've bought from them worked out of the box. Sure they might have been patched for this or that as time progressed but otherwise no issues. Not a lot of game companies can say that nowadays.
WC4 was also a good game. Not saying Cyberpunk will necessarily be bad, but its development is and the end result could go either way at this point.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/CD-PROJEKT-RED-Reviews-E644250_P2.htm

"Many teams are lead and/or directed by incompetent people who focus more on advancing their own career than shipping a good product. Developers are being fired if they speak up about their leads' incompetency. HR processes fail to solve any mismanagement issues, often leading to developers quitting their jobs. The upper management is rotten to the core and full of people skilled only in sucking up to the directors. Complete mess in terms of production leading to crunch all the time. Many leads and directors lie constantly, both to their teams and their leads. People exposing those lies are often forced to leave or are straight out fired. Many developers have been asked to put up positive reviews here to hide how things really are. Low salaries, even compared to what other gamedev companies in Warsaw pay. Your career can be frozen by your lead based on lies he spreads about you and there will be no one to help you."

"Management and production lying to people in terms of deadlines and methods of production; Pointless crunch as a result of production team, which has no clue what they actually shoud do; Terrible mess in every department; Terrible communication between departments; Very low salaries; It's a great place for people good in corporation games and tricks."

And other similar stories from (former) employees. Change a couple of words and it could have been taken straight out of a CIG review.

And each new CDPR announcement proves those stories true.

So former employees are disgruntle, what else is new?

your first review, someone is mad because they got fired and can't find work because his lead didn't like him, probably deserved it. Every product shipped from CDPR has been at least good quality, if not stellar in relation to the game size and in relation to the quality that the rest of the gaming industry tends to launch with.

You have nothing but a chip on your shoulder and something about SC which is a run away train wreck in comparison to Anthem, let alone the rest of the industry.

Are you talking about Wing Commander? Man, I loved that series. It was one of the first games I got to play after upgrading to VGA from CGA or EGA or something ... can't remember.

The thing to keep in mind (and from internet scuttlebutt) was that Chris Roberts had Origin Systems (or whoever) keeping him on schedule. With Star Citizen he's only being controlled by his own whims. He doesn't lack the creative talent, he just lacks the management skills ...

your first review, someone is mad because they got fired and can't find work because his lead didn't like him, probably deserved it.
This is the same dismissal thrown since the first such GlassDoor reviews came out, later confirmed in independent articles, by CD Project Red, and the Cyberpunk's development and news.

This is the same dismissal thrown since the first such GlassDoor reviews came out, later confirmed in independent articles, by CD Project Red, and the Cyberpunk's development and news.
Game urinalists also have a chip on their shoulder. Their weird crusade these days seems to be to get the industry to unionize, because diversity or some other bullshit.

your first review, someone is mad because they got fired and can't find work because his lead didn't like him, probably deserved it. Every product shipped from CDPR has been at least good quality, if not stellar in relation to the game size and in relation to the quality that the rest of the gaming industry tends to launch with.

You have nothing but a chip on your shoulder and something about SC which is a run away train wreck in comparison to Anthem, let alone the rest of the industry.
maybe he IS that disgruntled former employee...

So present your evidence, because I have seen nothing that you are claiming and your the one making the accusations.

So present your evidence, because I have seen nothing that you are claiming and your the one making the accusations.
Ummm, employee reviews, CDPR admissions and Cyberpunk related public statements don't count?

What does a disgruntled employee have to do with this discussion at all? CDPR created 3 really well liked games in The Witcher and they have a GOOD track record. You aren't adding anything to this conversation when you bring up SC because WC4 was out more than 20 years ago. Stop being a troll and go back the the Star Citizen thread and rage to your fanboy friends.

What does a disgruntled employee have to do with this discussion at all? CDPR created 3 really well liked games in The Witcher and they have a GOOD track record. You aren't adding anything to this conversation when you bring up SC because WC4 was out more than 20 years ago. Stop being a troll and go back the the Star Citizen thread and rage to your fanboy friends.
Don't be scared by me pointing out issues. I'm sure Cyberpunk will be great. It's been polished for 7 years, going on 8.

Ummm, employee reviews, CDPR admissions and Cyberpunk related public statements don't count?

post the links, for now it’s just your mouth.

Don't be scared by me pointing out issues. I'm sure Cyberpunk will be great. It's been polished for 7 years, going on 8.

game announcing in 2013, development started in 2015. You really seem to want to make some kind of weird SC defence, give up, that pile isn’t going anywhere outside of someone’s nose.

game announcing in 2013, development started in 2015. You really seem to want to make some kind of weird SC defence, give up, that pile isn’t going anywhere outside of someone’s nose.
Development started in 2012, was troubled, resources diverted to Witcher 3, pace picked up in 2015. You can be delusional about my position on SC, but no need to disregard public sources on Cyberpunk timeline. Even Wikipedia gets it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back