Cyberpunk 2077: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet 2020 as well. Gives me time to save money to upgrade for it. Seriously, though its the only game I'm waiting on till I upgrade next.

I was absolutely chomping for it, but I've been wound up in my little indie gaming world for a while now, so I'm feeling a bit more patient at this point. 2020 would be perfect for me for the same reason. I wanted to hold off until the next RTX generation instead of jumping on the 20 series for example. Still chomping for it, just a bit more patiently. :D The only other big games I'm looking forward to are RAGE 2, Doom Eternal, and Atomic Heart for the moment.

Very excited for this game. Doing whatever I can to have a system powerful enough to run it on release day.

Supposedly it's coming out on current-gen consoles, so I'm not too worried.

True. There is that. Of course, I'm going to want it as detailed as it will allow I think. Then again I still get pulled into System Shock just fine. :D

I'm still looking forward this. Yes it'd be nice if they just release it but I'm also really happy CDPR is putting the effort into a quality release. I'm sure they know that their company has gained fans which in this day and age is a bit unusual. Most of the time people are fans of a franchise and worry about how a company will change and consequently screw up the future iterations. Here we have a company that's established itself as committed to their creations and the fans know it. That doesn't mean I'm expecting some kind of perfect launch. The ecosystem for PC gaming is far too complex these days for that. From 4k, raytracing, DLSS, HDR, Atmos, vulkan, dx12, true mutli-thread scaling, to probably about a half dozen or more things I can't think of there's a lot for dev's to think of besides just game play. Just means I expect something good or even great at launch that will continue to evolve over years with committed support from them.

I think regardless Cyberpunk 2077 will be a great game, I'm sure anything we saw already was polished enough for them to keep it in the game, I think what they are referring to is new changes that add to the game. This is already going to be a cross-gen title so I expect that they are not building it for Xb1 and PS4 but targeting PS5 and Xbox (whatever), they will probably release low resolution with low graphical features to current gen base consoles. I'm already past wanting more information on it and just want to wait for release. I want to see the other AAA project CDPR has been working on.

Last edited:
I think regardless Cyberpunk 2077 will be a great game, I'm sure anything we saw already was polished enough for them to keep it in the game, I think what they are referring to is new changes that add to the game. This is already going to be a cross-gen title so I expect that they are not building it for Xb1 and PS4 but targeting PS5 and Xbox (whatever), they will probably release low resolution with low graphical features to current gen base consoles. I'm already past wanting more information on it and just want to wait for release. I want to see the other project AAA CDPR has been working on.

I agree. My expectations are soaring in the clouds after how amazing Witcher 3 was that regardless of what I hear about 2077 at this point I know it'll be a day one buy for me. I didn't know there was any other CDPR project in the works. What's the story or info on that?

I agree. My expectations are soaring in the clouds after how amazing Witcher 3 was that regardless of what I hear about 2077 at this point I know it'll be a day one buy for me. I didn't know there was any other CDPR project in the works. What's the story or info on that?

Speculation is it is another game related to the Witcher series in some way. Probably not a Geralt game though. CDPR said in an investor conference in the last year that they will release 2 AAA games by 2021, one being Cyberpunk 2077, the other is unknown at this point.

Speculation is it is another game related to the Witcher series in some way. Probably not a Geralt game though. CDPR said in an investor conference in the last year that they will release 2 AAA games by 2021, one being Cyberpunk 2077, the other is unknown at this point.

I would love that. The Geralt story is definitely over, but it would be cool to take control of another Witcher.

I would love that. The Geralt story is definitely over, but it would be cool to take control of another Witcher.

I'd like to see Geralt take Vesemir's place as the elder or head of the other Witchers at Kear Morhen. Still be in the game as an NPC or possibly the way Ciri was playable in W3. Or possibly even a Ciri story after the events of The Witcher 3. I believe there is a lot of stroyline / arches that can still be told.

I'd like to see Geralt take Vesemir's place as the elder or head of the other Witchers at Kear Morhen. Still be in the game as an NPC or possibly the way Ciri was playable in W3. Or possibly even a Ciri story after the events of The Witcher 3. I believe there is a lot of stroyline / arches that can still be told.

Totally agree... Geralt being the elder who trains the next generation of Witchers... I am currently on a Witcher book binge and I am over halfway through the second book and I can't get enough. Once I am done with the 5 books I am going to replay Witcher 3. It'll be cool to have all this new context when replaying the game.

Can't wait for the rage when people find out it will be gog exclusive for a few months. Their last game was, for a month, and it did not do well, but that is probably because of gwent, and it was never anticipated like this game.

Can't wait for the rage when people find out it will be gog exclusive for a few months. Their last game was, for a month, and it did not do well, but that is probably because of gwent, and it was never anticipated like this game.
Not sure why people would "rage", even if CDPR was that short sighted to make it GOG exclusive. It's their own firstparty title after all.

Last edited:
Not sure why people would "rage", even if CDPR was that short sighted to make it GOG exclusive. It's their own firstparty title after all.

its the internet, ragebait about everything for views. the angrier they sound the more views they get. just look at all the stupid shit they complain about.

Nobody is going to rage unless GoG suddenly exhibits a complete disregard for security, ignores GDPR/privacy, adds more bloated and shit DRM, and/or bends over and spreads their asshole for Tencent.
One seems more unlikely than the next so I think we're ok :)

its the internet, ragebait about everything for views. the angrier they sound the more views they get. just look at all the stupid shit they complain about.

Fanboism dictates what to hate and what not to hate though. Long storm short, fantasy RPGs are what the average gamer likes. This makes CDPR the "good guy" even if they do something wrong. Cyberpunk isn't a fantasy RPG but CDPR achieved their status by making a game that has an easy appeal. They have some leeway when it comes to doing negative actions that other developers won't.

If Cyberpunk came before Witcher there wouldn't be nearly as many CDPR fans.

is geralt gonna be in cyberpunk or something?
There are rumors Ciri might make an appearance due to references she made in W3 when talking to Geralt about her dimensional travels.

edit: If I remember correctly it's at the end of the Isle of Mists section.

I agree there's so much story to be told. As cool as it would be to see Geralt take Vesemir's place I'd much rather see Vesemir when he was young and play his character. That little side mission in W3 where Geralt meets a woman who had a fling with Vesemir when she was young was hilarious. Just imagine Vesemir dealing with the elven clan wars, the immediate post effects of the great conjunction(or whatever they called it), seeing the other schools of Witcher rise and fall, and so many other things we've heard bits about throughout games. They could easily do a couple of games that end with the introduction of a young Geralt and Yennifer.

There are rumors Ciri might make an appearance due to references she made in W3 when talking to Geralt about her dimensional travels.

edit: If I remember correctly it's at the end of the Isle of Mists section.

It has to happen. ;)

I'm buying it on GOG anyways, so doesn't matter to me. It's the least intrusive platform. But I doubt they make it exclusive.

If you're alluding to people disliking the way Epic has been handling things, this would be night and day, and nothing like what Epic has been doing. Giving a small head start on your own service is not the same thing as buying exclusives out from under the competition artificially.

If you're alluding to people disliking the way Epic has been handling things, this would be night and day, and nothing like what Epic has been doing. Giving a small head start on your own service is not the same thing as buying exclusives out from under the competition artificially.

Hardly. It is the same thing and the results are the same. The "1st party vs 3rd party" is just a nonsensical point to strength ones argument that held no water. If you're withholding the game from selling it on Steam, that is a bad thing. The end result is the game is delayed on most player's platform of choice. That is all that matters. It is the same reason Origin got flack even though Battlefield was a first party title. Remember when there was talk of a Square Enix client and WB Games client where they would sell their own 1st party games? That didn't go over smoothly. The big problem for gamers is they don't want to install another client, and a challenger to Steam rocks the boat. When the dust settles though, if a game is good enough, people will go to whatever client is asked of them.

Selling on GOG only for a short period is exactly the same thing. Maximizing profit at the expense of gamers. That being said I certainly can see thing from the developers point of view, in this case CDPR, to maximize profits. As I mentioned in the previous post they have some goodwill to burn through before they reach the tipping point and I expect them to exploit that.

Meh, neither cdpr nor gog has burned me yet. I’m fine with it, especially given that this is likely as close to a first party installer as this title is likely to get. Unlike epic who has absolutely fucked me over, I simply won’t give them money until I believe something has changed; which honestly would need to be pretty impressive.

For me, it’s my experience with them rather than the aggressive money strategy on exclusives (although that does suck). I just don’t know how to make it clear I don’t like them in any other way than to not give them any business.

Have no illusion that I’ll personally matter but just nothing else for me to do but not use a bad company.

Meh, neither cdpr nor gog has burned me yet. I’m fine with it, especially given that this is likely as close to a first party installer as this title is likely to get. Unlike epic who has absolutely fucked me over, I simply won’t give them money until I believe something has changed; which honestly would need to be pretty impressive.

For me, it’s my experience with them rather than the aggressive money strategy on exclusives (although that does suck). I just don’t know how to make it clear I don’t like them in any other way than to not give them any business.

Have no illusion that I’ll personally matter but just nothing else for me to do but not use a bad company.

How have they fucked you over? I'd say UE4 alone has been more of a benefit to gaming as a whole than anything CDPR has done. For me GOG was one of the worst experiences for downloading a game. Uplay used to be worse but is certainly better the last few times I tried it. Still inferior to Steam and Origin though. I won't complain much because I got the Witcher 2 free on GOG and for free it was about what I expected, both GOG and the game itself. Ended up just downloading from a torrent which was quicker and more practical. I'd certainly consider GOG again but I'm in no rush to purchase anything from them when there are typically better alternatives. Everything I have on there has been freebies and I don't see that changing.

If Cyberpunk ends up being a GOG exclusive I'll torrent it as well if I ever get around to playing it. I'm cautiously optimistic about it. I like to give CDPR the benefit of the doubt, but I thought Witcher 2 was subpar and Witcher 3 was just serviceable. The gameplay videos I've see so far for Cyberpunk looked generic. Although I think the initial trailer looked pretty amazing.

How have they fucked you over? I'd say UE4 alone has been more of a benefit to gaming as a whole than anything CDPR has done. For me GOG was one of the worst experiences for downloading a game. Uplay used to be worse but is certainly better the last few times I tried it. Still inferior to Steam and Origin though. I won't complain much because I got the Witcher 2 free on GOG and for free it was about what I expected, both GOG and the game itself. Ended up just downloading from a torrent which was quicker and more practical. I'd certainly consider GOG again but I'm in no rush to purchase anything from them when there are typically better alternatives. Everything I have on there has been freebies and I don't see that changing.

If Cyberpunk ends up being a GOG exclusive I'll torrent it as well if I ever get around to playing it. I'm cautiously optimistic about it. I like to give CDPR the benefit of the doubt, but I thought Witcher 2 was subpar and Witcher 3 was just serviceable. The gameplay videos I've see so far for Cyberpunk looked generic. Although I think the initial trailer looked pretty amazing.

We had a terrible customer service experience with with them, and I do mean terrible. Not interested in typing the whole thing out but it was an account recovery issue for my nephew and they were basically like, pound sand; start a new account; you're not banned. I've had one issue ever with a game company and it was them, that's actually saying something as well since I've been gaming since about 85' and maintain three rigs all with their own accounts (two nephews and my own). They wasted hours of my time and never had any intention of restoring his account even after making us jump through hoops that I am pretty sure were being made up after we verified the financial information for all his piddly mtx crap. Just an awful experience. And I get it, they have millions of customers, they don't care enough to waste time on one when they're probably paying someone to sort it out, but it mattered to a kid that time and they just didn't even pretend to care. The goal was solely to waste enough of my time until it wasn't worth it for me to keep trying. Would have actually respected them more if they'd just sent me a message that flat out said, "we don't do this, we don't want to waste your time or ours". After a little googling, it was clear it was a shared experience, told the kids sorry, nothing else from these guys. I don't have enough free time to fight some company for the right to give them money; so I won't do it again. /shrug

Probably a day 1 purchase for me. Haven't done that in a long time.

LOL@ The pre-emptive strawmanning in this topic from none other than the epic shills.

Hardly. It is the same thing and the results are the same. The "1st party vs 3rd party" is just a nonsensical point to strength ones argument that held no water. If you're withholding the game from selling it on Steam, that is a bad thing. The end result is the game is delayed on most player's platform of choice. That is all that matters. It is the same reason Origin got flack even though Battlefield was a first party title. Remember when there was talk of a Square Enix client and WB Games client where they would sell their own 1st party games? That didn't go over smoothly. The big problem for gamers is they don't want to install another client, and a challenger to Steam rocks the boat. When the dust settles though, if a game is good enough, people will go to whatever client is asked of them.

Selling on GOG only for a short period is exactly the same thing. Maximizing profit at the expense of gamers. That being said I certainly can see thing from the developers point of view, in this case CDPR, to maximize profits. As I mentioned in the previous post they have some goodwill to burn through before they reach the tipping point and I expect them to exploit that.

Steam has a 30% fee. $20 fee on a $60 Game.

However, being that GOG is DRM free (and so people can just share the installer via torrent if they don’t want to buy it on GOG) delaying its release on Steam, which does have solid licensing/DRM, might mean your game gets pirated enough that that you actually lose more than the 30% fee Steam chargess? Tough call.

if anyone is shit enough to pirate a game, then they probably were going to pirate it anyway, and regardless games get cracked within days of release, often day-0 cracks, so this is not much of an argument.
People that have the means and enjoy CDPR content will pay for it. For me, I don't see any reason CDPR should hand out 30% of their income for a project they have been working on 7 years.
I'd rather see my money go to CDPR so they make better games vs making gaben richer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back