Cyberpunk 2077: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So checking back in on this thread 6 years later. Did we get a launch date?

Bah screw it, as soon as I see a CE version for sale they're gonna get my money. Everything I've seen and read about this is just making me more and more impatient.

Plus the studio earned so much rep with how good TW3 was and all the extra content, they deserve it I think.

So much for "no more preorders". :)

The game seems to be pretty far along. I hope they surprise everyone and get it out this year. They also gave an explanation about the first person view. The first is immersion, but IMO the second is more important - veriticality. You can't look up very well in 3rd person mode. Not something really needed IMO.

The game seems to be pretty far along. I hope they surprise everyone and get it out this year. They also gave an explanation about the first person view. The first is immersion, but IMO the second is more important - veriticality. You can't look up very well in 3rd person mode. Not something really needed IMO.

For me the first person view was unexpected but it makes a lot of sense since this city seems it is going to have so much detail to it that can only be appreciated in first person. Also with gun play first person is the only way to go.

It'd be a surprise if the game comes out next year. I mean, not knocking CDPR, it's been 5+ years and the big reveal is an "In engine" trailer, which I loved and found it completely worth the wait. If it would have been a publicly shown live game demo then I could see a 2018 release as plausible but they still feel it necessary to hold their cards close to the chest.

What's the chance of us seeing that behind closed doors demo?

For me the first person view was unexpected but it makes a lot of sense since this city seems it is going to have so much detail to it that can only be appreciated in first person. Also with gun play first person is the only way to go.

It'd be a surprise if the game comes out next year. I mean, not knocking CDPR, it's been 5+ years and the big reveal is an "In engine" trailer, which I loved and found it completely worth the wait. If it would have been a publicly shown live game demo then I could see a 2018 release as plausible but they still feel it necessary to hold their cards close to the chest.

What's the chance of us seeing that behind closed doors demo?

Nobody managed to get a hold of the private Doom footage from QuakeCon so who knows. This was probably very controlled.

What! Its been 6 years? "Looks up at thread start date"Oct 19, 2012. Jesus! Where does the time go?! :eek:

No release date that I've heard or seen. What do you think, spring of 2019?

I'm going to go with Q4 2019 or Q1 2020. I think next year at E3 we'll get a release date or at least release window.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Has anyone heard if there is going to be any melee combat in this game? No melee would be a big disappointment for me, but I'm excited for the game either way

I believe they have said yes to that, but unsure how it would work. they have not really shown any examples.

Edit: I guess I was wrong about that. If you recall the very first trailer, the woman getting shot at, had blade things extending from her arms. So... that is one form of melee....

Didn't the last Deus Ex game have blade arms, yet no melee combat? I'm still butthurt about that, which is why I asked about this game

I would hope they have some of the typical weapons of the genre. Extend-O-Claws, mono-filament wires, etc. I also hope they have some of the usual firearms too like the Flechette.

Seems to be growing consensus that this is "likely" going to release in time for Holidays 2019.

That would be very nice! I can't say I wouldn't mind if they surprised everyone, and released a bit sooner though. :D This is one of those games that I just have to ATTEMPT to push out of my mind, and be pleasantly almost-but-not-quite surprised about when it finally hits. :D

I get online after 2.5 days of being away, looking for some E3 news on various games, but my feeds are so stuffed with "OMG CYBERPUNK 2077!!!" that everything else has been choked out. I don't preorder anything anymore, but I'm owning this the day they make it available. Publishers should sit up and take notice of why their games don't illicit that response.

Has anyone heard if there is going to be any melee combat in this game? No melee would be a big disappointment for me, but I'm excited for the game either way

If you watch the commentary from the developers, this question has been asked multiple times on different sources and the short answer is yes, there will be a full melee system. You can choose to be a full melee class type character if you'd like. There apparently will be a fully built out system, multiple weapons and yes, the mantis like claws which do in fact allow the player character to do more than just attack, such as scale walls or climb upside down on ceilings.

The question I have that they haven't answered yet is if there is a full blown stealth system or series of stealth mechanics.

The question I have that they haven't answered yet is if there is a full blown stealth system or series of stealth mechanics.

This.

It sounds like the "Netrunner" class has stealth attributes, but they haven't revealed enough to truly judge. They have emphatically said multiple times they want players to be able to play however they want, so let's hope. Still, if it is then level design would need to take into consideration for it to be enjoyable. Don't want to jump to conclusions this early, but I'd like to see a Dev answer this question.

The only thing I've seen mentioned so far is a comment saying there's less stealth than Deus Ex.... but just what there is... no clue either.

Camouflage would be pretty cool though in a game like this if implemented well.

One of the interviews I saw mentioned the Netrunner could scan enemies and hack certain components to do things like disable their weapon, or turn off one of their augs. Nothing like crouching through ductwork, or sneaking up for the knife takedown, but I'm guessing stealth in this game isn't going to look traditional.

One of the interviews I saw mentioned the Netrunner could scan enemies and hack certain components to do things like disable their weapon, or turn off one of their augs. Nothing like crouching through ductwork, or sneaking up for the knife takedown, but I'm guessing stealth in this game isn't going to look traditional.

I don't necessarily want something that will operate like DX:HR or MGS (like having a cover system and being able to stick to walls etc). But at least having the minimum of sound and sight lines mattering would be nice. And the possibility to stealth kill, that would also be appreciated.

Favorite quote so far: "Omg, has Bethesda seen this demo? I mean, goodbye Bethesda; goodbye BioWare". This game is that impressive."

Especially when Bethesda and especially Bioware have essentially said goodbye to themselves or, in Bioware's case, had EA say goodbye for them.

I expect this game will be potentially great but the hype meter is as off the charts as I've seen for something in who knows how long. We all better be careful here. Nothing will be able to live up to this level of hype at the rate this is going. ;)

Last edited:
After hearing the descriptions of what people had seen of the actual gameplay demo makes me really want the game they saw, but I am trying to keep my expectations lower because I am more worried on how they might have to gimp the game in order to get a rating to sell it in various regions of the world.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cybe...ild-confirmed-to-be-present-at-gamescom-2018/

“The demo, it’s not a demo-demo in terms that it’s an artificial piece of content created for the purposes of the show. That’s actually a build of the game… actually, surprising it is a real build so we didn’t fake anything here and actually we had a lot of… we didn’t start these conversations but we had a lot of feedback like that in the previews by people actually noticing that certain things did not look pre-rendered or fake. And this makes us very happy and very proud because we’ve actually made it to pull off a build.”

Yes, an actual build of the game, not a bullshit fake vertical slice created by duplicitous publishers to drive fake hype for selling pre-orders.

Especially when Bethesda and especially Bioware have essentially said goodbye to themselves or, in Bioware's case, had EA say goodbye for them.

I expect this game will be potentially great but the hype meter is as off the charts as I've seen for something in who knows how long. We all better be careful here. Nothing will be able to live up to this level of hype at the rate this is going. ;)

Agreed. I respect CDPR, and they have proven themselves, so its easy to let the hype run free, but they are still just people and it is still just a game. And lets face it, this game is probably still 18 month away, at least. We're just going to torture ourselves salivating over it.

As far as Bethesda and BioWare goes, I love both Devs. I have no ill will for either of them, but they need this game too. Quality always suffers when there is no competition, the challenge brought by Witcher 3 and this demo has & will only serve to improve all other open world games. Not to mention Publishers need the reminder that Single Player is not dead in the slightest. If you make a good game, people will buy it, no matter the genre.

This game is going to define RPG's for the next 10 years or atleast until CDPR comes out with another.

Yongyea and others(Allanah) that saw the private 50 minute showing, confirmed fast,violent melee,as V used her "mantis blades" to climb walls,and with great detail,decapitate at least one enemy. Dying to play this!

I'm not saying the Witcher 3 turned out to be a bad game or that this will but I think some people are forgetting that the Witcher 3 did have a graphical down grade controversy compared to E3 and etc. demos even though those were in game as well.

Especially if the demo machine truly required a 8700k there may need to be some eventual compromises to get the game running on the current consoles as that aspect tends to not scale as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back