Cyberpunk 2077: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to name it Roach.

K.I.T.T. would like a word.

gal_umbau663.jpg

I would not expect Cyberpunk 2077 to be released until 2020. It will be a day one preorder for me though.

I'm frankly glad that the trailer does not look exactly like Gibsons' view of the future, or Dicks for that matter.

It's not pre-rendered, it's all in-engine. But yeah, gameplay would be nice.

Yeah but it is still pre-rendered. Or at least most of the trailer was. Pre-rendered in engine. To be honest graphically it didn't look that great anyways. I really want to know how the combat will feel. 100+ means there must be a lot of depth to it, but honestly I'd just like the mechanics to be like a good FPS without spending an hour to get a 3% reload speed increase or similar. FPS combat, 3rd person in cutscenes like Deus Ex.

It will be interesting to see if the car is a companion, or just something you jack when you need transportation. And it will be Ciri's great-great-something granddaughter or something...

Yeah but it is still pre-rendered. Or at least most of the trailer was. Pre-rendered in engine. To be honest graphically it didn't look that great anyways. I really want to know how the combat will feel. 100+ means there must be a lot of depth to it, but honestly I'd just like the mechanics to be like a good FPS without spending an hour to get a 3% reload speed increase or similar. FPS combat, 3rd person in cutscenes like Deus Ex.

It definitely does look THAT great. CDPR doesn't fuck around with bullshitting their fans. Obviously it'll look a tiny bit different when they're not showing perspectives that you wouldn't see under normal gameplay, slowmo sequences, etc. but I don't see anything that couldn't be pulled off in a decent engine with modern hardware. It's definitely stylized, and if you don't like its style, that's fine. It's subjective. But somewhat more objectively, the engine looks very nice, and very capable. Their lighting and effects look great. The city looks populated and alive, and for a world with the scope that they're developing, that's a pretty big deal.

I'm aware that you're always very picky, whichever, fine with me, I just absolutely disagree here. Assuming a similar level of visuals in actual game play, there is absolutely nothing to complain about here.

Hypemeter is 11 after reading about the hour of gameplay the press got to see. First person shooter confirmed - thank god. I enjoy third person in Witcher 3 and GTA5 but it's enough already. Full RPG with deep character creation. All your choices matter and shape the narrative. Sounds awesome. If the graphics are decent then everything else sounds like it's shaping up to be the RPG of all time. If this was anyone but CDPR I'd swear we were being scammed.

Beast of a burden for CDPR to have expectations so high I reckon, but if they pull it off, holy shit.

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2018/06/12/impressions-and-details-from-50-minutes-of-gameplay

Last edited:
Hypemeter is 11 after reading about the hour of gameplay the press got to see. First person shooter confirmed - thank god. I enjoy third person in Witcher 3 and GTA5 but it's enough already. Full RPG with deep character creation. All your choices matter and shape the narrative. Sounds awesome. If the graphics are decent then everything else sounds like it's shaping up to be the RPG of all time. If this was anyone but CDPR I'd swear we were being scammed.

Beast of a burden for CDPR to have expectations so high I reckon, but if they pull it off, holy shit.

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2018/06/12/impressions-and-details-from-50-minutes-of-gameplay

I was very happy to read it's first person, then I woke up this morning to find out there's an apparent backlash over it not being third person. Ugh. Nobody has played the game, let alone seen the goddamn thing (outside of a select group of journalists.) Can't we just let the developer make their vision and trust in them? It's CDPR FFS.

I was very happy to read it's first person, then I woke up this morning to find out there's an apparent backlash over it not being third person. Ugh. Nobody has played the game, let alone seen the goddamn thing (outside of a select group of journalists.) Can't we just let the developer make their vision and trust in them? It's CDPR FFS.

Problem is: People had this idea in their minds it was going to be a Witcher 3 clone set in the future. CDPR never promised that or intimated that.

Past this...It's the Internet. You can't win no matter what. ;)

I kinda like the immersion of first person for a game like this. I loved the Witcher, but I get more of a "you're really there" feeling from Skyrim and Far Cry. If that's what they're going for (it sounds like it), I think it's the right decision.

I've got a couple friends that just cannot handle first person and VR is comically bad for them (just incredible schadenfreude) and I really didn't full believe it was a thing until seeing it for myself. I'm sure a lot of that is the disappointment that some people have that they won't be able to enjoy this game that they've been crazy interested in for years already.

I've got a couple friends that just cannot handle first person and VR is comically bad for them (just incredible schadenfreude) and I really didn't full believe it was a thing until seeing it for myself. I'm sure a lot of that is the disappointment that some people have that they won't be able to enjoy this game that they've been crazy interested in for years already.

FOV sliders, adjustments, and the like don't help? :(

FOV sliders, adjustments, and the like don't help? :(

I don't know, I didn't get into it with them. Both are seasoned gamers though; if that would have helped I'm sure they'd have been playing the FPS games with our group. It was a long topic of conversation when we set up our first VR rigs and started messing around after football games where we generally get together every season. Watching them get nauseous led to the discussions. Both of them have given up on FPS games quite a while ago and the rest of our group generally gave them shit over it. While hilarious watching the VR experience with them, we've kinda stopped that now that it's completely obvious they aren't just being melodramatic about it.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Geoff Keighleys interview with the Devs was short, but had a few interesting tidbits. Some builds will be able to double jump and wall run. We can drive cars and motorcycles, but they do not want players to have to be driving every where, they want us to explore all the detail and life they've hidden away in the game. There will be substantially more versatility in the game, with some buildings being like small towns (getting some of this from other interviews). Classes start off stereotypical, but can be modified with skills from other classes if Players want hybreds.

I don't mind it being a FPS, though I usually prefer 3rd person for RPG games especially the fantasy sword and sorcery type. Overall it really depends on the type of game for me. FP is better for gun related games and 3rd person is better for sword type melee battling. The one thing I kind of dislike though is the weird awkwardness of FPS where S is not shooter but Swordplay like Shadow warrior.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Oh, one other thing, Digital Founder did an analysis of the Trailer and are convinced it was running on an Xbox.

Let that soak in for a minute. If it looked & ran that good on Console, can you imagine what the PC version will be like (keeping CDPR's track record in mind). 4k @ 60 FPS on decent hardware? Yes please.

Oh, one other thing, Digital Founder did an analysis of the Trailer and are convinced it was running on an Xbox.

Let that soak in for a minute. If it looked & ran that good on Console, can you imagine what the PC version will be like (keeping CDPR's track record in mind). 4k @ 60 FPS on decent hardware? Yes please.

If true...

Y88sPTY.gif

Although, the XB1X is a pretty beefy machine, so I'd believe it. Sadly, it just has shit games right now. :p

I'm glad it's not a choice to disable it. I love it when whiny people don't get their way.

Hehehe. I was actually thinking it would be nice to get a good group of people together, and go deliver a single slap to the cheek of everyone who's whined about this being first person. Nothing terrible or injury inducing mind you, just a humiliating, "poor you" smack. :D

Based on the paragraph below alone, if Death comes for my soul he's going to have to fucking wait until after I've played this game.

Here’s the short version: Cyberpunk 2077 is a lot like Deus Ex, with what looks like less stealth but better shooting. There’s lots of violence. There are branching quests with multiple choices, like The Witcher 3, and there’s a driving system that seems a whole lot like Grand Theft Auto. The demo was impressive, hinting at typically dystopian themes, lots of player choice, and many, many different guns.

From here for those who want to read the full thing:
https://kotaku.com/cyberpunk-2077-is-a-violent-impressive-blend-of-deus-e-1826807140

The early descriptions and hype have me almost thinking of violating my "no preorders" rule. Gonna be tough to resist.

Based on the paragraph below alone, if Death comes for my soul he's going to have to fucking wait until after I've played this game.

Here’s the short version: Cyberpunk 2077 is a lot like Deus Ex, with what looks like less stealth but better shooting. There’s lots of violence. There are branching quests with multiple choices, like The Witcher 3, and there’s a driving system that seems a whole lot like Grand Theft Auto. The demo was impressive, hinting at typically dystopian themes, lots of player choice, and many, many different guns.

From here for those who want to read the full thing:
https://kotaku.com/cyberpunk-2077-is-a-violent-impressive-blend-of-deus-e-1826807140

The early descriptions and hype have me almost thinking of violating my "no preorders" rule. Gonna be tough to resist.

I am also part of the #nopreorders crowd, but DAMN is this looking like an amazing experience....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back