Cyberpunk 2077: Official Thread

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Krenum, Oct 19, 2012.

1. spaceman

spaceman [H]ardForum Junkie

2. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

Slick. Eager to see some actual gameplay.

AceGoober likes this.
  3. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

I have no doubt this game will be awesome.

But, I was hoping for a darker tone / palette along the lines of say, the original Blade Runner....

Manny Calavera and AceGoober like this.
  4. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

I bet there's plenty of that in the actual game and at least in parts of it. That has all the looks of covering the gambit.

Manny Calavera, Frraksurred and J3RK like this.
  5. Aireoth

Aireoth 2[H]4U

Less electric sheep more neuromancer. Probably for the best, would be harder than hell to write an open world Philip K Dick game.

J3RK likes this.
  6. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

No gameplay footage...no release date... this is taking a fairly long time that's for sure unless I missed a date or an ETA timeframe somewhere?

7. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

Definitely a GTA5/Rockstar-esque style of trailer isn't it. Not that the similarity is a bad thing, or that Rockstar invented that style - countless movie trailers and TV shows stretching back to the 80s have introduced themselves exactly the same way.

But its only a trailer, and I am confident that the gameplay will be all CDPR and all original.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Q-BZ likes this.
  8. MrWrong

MrWrong [H]ard|Gawd

I wasn't sure what to think about this when it was announced but after seeing the trailer I'm pretty hyped now. I have not doubt that CDPR will deliver an outstanding game. Now we just have to wait for them to announce a release date.

Manny Calavera, DrezKill and Q-BZ like this.
  9. Reader67

Reader67 n00b

At the end of the trailer there's a few frames that glitch out that when put together form a letter from CDPR.

Attached Files:

10. diableri

diableri Gawd

These guys remain a class act. Looking forward to this.

11. Mojo3k70

Mojo3k70 [H]ard|Gawd

Many doubts from trailer put to rest here. I'm glad someone found this.

-"Action-oriented" gameplay. I want a slow burn if I choose (a good RPG gives you this choice) and I want to explore every corner of this seedy city. Looks like we'll get this.
    - Free DLC, paid EXPANSIONS (a proper size).
    - No microtransactions (though this was unlikely, Im glad it's confirmed.

Manny Calavera, AceGoober and Q-BZ like this.
  12. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

The reference to icebreakers in the first bit when the conference was "hacked"...I really hope they do jacking into cyberspace right.

So hyped for this, looks awesome.

Manny Calavera likes this.
  13. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ard as it Gets

I'm sure the game will be great but the E3 trailer looked strange...didn't look like a CDPR title if that makes any sense...it didn't wow me...it's like they're trying to develop a more mainstream title and are combining elements from several genres...the first teaser trailer looked amazing but this looks more generic

ncjoe and MrC4 like this.
  14. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ard as it Gets

this was posted a few posts up (post #169)...

15. Brackle

Brackle Old Timer

Day 1 purchase for me. CDPR always release top notch games.

16. jiminator

jiminator Capt Obvious

day 1 preorder for me. I am just waiting for a method to send them money

Manny Calavera and Frraksurred like this.
  17. Flogger23m

Flogger23m [H]ardForum Junkie

Trailer looks good. On one had a city that actually feels like... well a city would be awesome to explore. Most games are just empty with pretty looking buildings that serve maybe 15-30 minutes of gameplay then are forgotten about. How is the combat supposed to be? Didn't care for Witcher 2 combat or movement at all.

Is it really going to be first person? That would add so much more to the combat.

18. vegeta535

vegeta535 2[H]4U

Fuck yeah. This is the game people should be excited for. Not that garbage ES6.

19. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U

Great atmosphere, oozes a sci-fi dystopian vibe I was hoping. Now I just need to see some actual gameplay to convince me to buy it at release.

Closer to Ghost in the Shell, IMO.

Manny Calavera and MavericK like this.
  20. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U

Love the comment regarding microtransactions.

21. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Yeah that looks pretty original The Fifth Element and throw in whatever Sci-Fi movie you can think of. Just think of how good the Quests will be lots of variations to the theme full shock jock value. I think the biggest game that had some sc-fi going on was the Deus EX series basically that environment really sunk you in and it felt futuristic.

22. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Waits for the 100 videos that try to analyze this video two words for them you can't
    Obama : You didn't build that someone else did and helped you along the way.

23. silk186

silk186 [H]ard|Gawd

This looks like the kind of game I've been waiting for. The last games I really loved were Sleeping Dogs, GTAV and Saints Row 2&3.

24. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

So this game is going to be on this gen consoles or next gen you would think they would have to wait untill next gen.

25. lostin3d

lostin3d [H]ard|Gawd

Been doing the same since Witcher2. Still use the uber sampling as a bench test for 1440p/4k/or 3d. It can still punish either 1080SLI or 1080TI under those same resolutions and still a great game to re-play.

26. zamardii12

zamardii12 2[H]4U

Somebody capped the message hidden in the trailer. Check it out. Hey st4rk... THIS is why CDPR gets a pass for development time. They care about QUALITY and taking care of their fans.

"It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGi trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine, we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)impatiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't like anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real too :).

But, to the point. Today is the day, if you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, as alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for the previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

1. When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of an independent studio and your own publisher.
    2. How big? Seriously big, but... to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.
    3. Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with the Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM free on PC.
    4. Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?
    Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team"

unknown.png

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  27. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

How many years will it take to come out?
    Closer to 2077 or 2018?

28. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

I continue to respect CDPR for their honesty, candid, and refreshing lack of PR and BS. That goes a LONG ways with me.

29. LurkerLito

LurkerLito 2[H]4U

Points 3 and 4 pretty much cement the fact that I'll preorder it the moment it's up on GoG just like I did with the Witcher 3. CDPR earned a lot of trust from me for the entire witcher series. :)

Unfortunately I am thinking Q4 2019 or Q1 2020 at the earliest.

30. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Bloody marvelous! That's all I have to say. Now I'm going to go back to sleep until it's released. ;)

Manny Calavera and Q-BZ like this.
  31. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

I need to eat more Salads so I'm alive to play this game...

32. jiminator

jiminator Capt Obvious

yeah, if you recall witcher 3 had a release date, then they pushed it 1/2 a year out. So... I think we are a good 2 years away.

33. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

Yeah...I am thinking (hoping) it's going to be a Neuromancer-type world. Classic cyberpunk.

Manny Calavera and J3RK like this.
  34. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

It looks like it so far. Which is precisely the sort of setting I'd prefer as well. I hope they integrate some of the different flavors and factions too, like the voodoo jockeys (like Beauvoir etc.) from Count Zero.

I'm hoping we're not 2 years out, but I'll happily wait for CDPR level quality for this.

35. Reader67

Reader67 n00b

Based on that trailer, William Gibson doesn't see it as cyberpunk.

36. diableri

diableri Gawd

Hah, still so salty. I love the guy's work but he's been insufferable on the genre iterations over the years.

Manny Calavera, J3RK and AceGoober like this.
  37. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Looks like a cross between Blade Runner & Judge Dredd to me.

38. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

There does seem to be a speck of the old Judge in there doesn't there?

39. bpizzle1

bpizzle1 [H]ardness Supreme

Rofl I was thinking the same thing last night. It's sad now that I'm older, these thoughts actually cross my mind (n)

lostin3d likes this.
  40. braamer

braamer [H]ard|Gawd

I'll be buying this one day 1.

lostin3d and Manny Calavera like this.