Cyberpunk 2077: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news everyone!
Professor_Farnsworth.png

thefpsreview quoting a CD PROJECT RED financial call said:
The COVID-19 pandemic has created a lot of unknowns for the gaming industry, but apparently, Cyberpunk 2077’s release plans will not be affected. According to CD PROJEKT RED’s latest financial call, the heavily anticipated RPG is essentially complete and will have no problem making its September 17 date – all that’s left to be done is bug squashing, polishing, and certification before final manufacturing, some of which has already begun. If worse comes to worst, there are already contingency plans in place, such as a digital launch.
https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/0...-and-will-have-dlc-on-par-with-the-witcher-3/

EDIT: Added quote for people who don't want to click the link.

Last edited:
Hard to say that. ME:A took several key traits of Witcher 3 like mediocre story writing, reptitive side quest design, and too long of a length with large portions loosing any sense of purpose towards the actual story.

I would like to hear what you think is a far better game than the Witcher 3?
Please enlighten me?

Kingdom Come Deliverance

In a lot of ways, I agree. Witcher 3 is certainly a much more polished game than KCD. In fact, I'd say KCD in general is pretty rough around the edges. In spite of that, it's one of the best games I've ever played. Something about it just resonates with me. I've put more hours into KCD than I have TW3, and am currently working through my second playthough (something I'm not likely to do with TW3 for a while, maybe ever).

Please enlighten me?
Technically every game I finished I considered better than the Witcher3, as I could not finish that game. There were some annoying gameplay and game design choices, not to mention character writing choices that made me quit playing after a few hours.
But this is too off topic, to discuss here, please don't start a "you don't like the witcher 3 - Blasphemy!" argument.

I'm not convinced that Cyberpunk will not be delayed...September is still a ways away but as it gets closer I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a delay...Last of Us 2 got delayed so anything is possible

Technically every game I finished I considered better than the Witcher3, as I could not finish that game. There were some annoying gameplay and game design choices, not to mention character writing choices that made me quit playing after a few hours.
But this is too off topic, to discuss here, please don't start a "you don't like the witcher 3 - Blasphemy!" argument.

So you didn't name any...and if you only ot a few hours in in...you have no clue about the game...just saying
(First part is very much "on rails", not until you leave White Orchard does the game slowly start to reveal it self)

Please enlighten me?
This isn't a particularly useful question. Although an argument can be made objectively for things like: tightness of controls, game systems, graphic fidelity, etc. After that the discussion becomes purely subjective when discussing things like story, character development, and how much you like or dislike systems inside the game or gameplay loops.
If you hate the Witcher 3 as an example, then you'd say every RPG is better than it. And if it's your GOAT then nothing is better than it. Either way you're just discussing an opinion.
An argument can be made that it should be in the top 10 of all modern RPG's, but even a list taking the same 10 games would net a very different order person to person. (Numerically that would be 55 different numbering possibilities, and with a large enough sized sample it becomes more and more likely that all 55 orders would happen).

they're not lying...I'm sure they want to release it on time but there are too many unknows at the current time...
And those unknowns would be? A game is either finished (enough for release) or it isn't.
If you clicked my link to the FPS review article, then you'd see they've stated it's already mostly complete (just doing bug fixing/polishing) and even if physical release is impossible they're already putting into place other means of distribution (likely digital) in order to ensure its September launch date.

Last edited:
This is the current state:

And those unknowns would be? A game is either finished (enough for release) or it isn't.
If you clicked my link to the FPS review article, then you'd see they've stated it's already mostly complete (just doing bug fixing/polishing) and even if physical release is impossible they're already putting into place other means of distribution (likely digital).

it's not about development...Last of Us 2 is pretty much done but they delayed it due to 'logistics'...meaning physical disc production plus physical sales during this outbreak is not something to take lightly...take a look at the press release Naughty Dog put out there after announcing the delay...the game is pretty much done from a development side

it's not about development...Last of Us 2 is pretty much done but they delayed it due to 'logistics'...meaning physical disc production plus physical sales during this outbreak is not something to take lightly...take a look at the press release Naughty Dog put out there after announcing the delay...the game is pretty much done from a development side
Did you not read what you just quoted? They have other means of distribution in place.

I'll give you a direct quote but if you couldn't read the one sentence you've quoted from me, it's unlikely you'll read it:
"...all that’s left to be done is bug squashing, polishing, and certification before final manufacturing, some of which has already begun. If worse comes to worst, there are already contingency plans in place, such as a digital launch."
https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/0...-and-will-have-dlc-on-par-with-the-witcher-3/

CDPR != Naughty Dog
And how buys a physcial game in 2020? *eyes his steam library*

You can lie in a press release thou. They can say its finished if they don't have to release it. The fact is that not many AA games were actually finished at their release recently.

Did you not read what you just quoted? They have other means of distribution in place.

I'll give you a direct quote but if you couldn't read the one sentence you've quoted from me, it's unlikely you'll read it:
"...all that’s left to be done is bug squashing, polishing, and certification before final manufacturing, some of which has already begun. If worse comes to worst, there are already contingency plans in place, such as a digital launch."

did you not read what I posted??...that's pretty much the exact same thing Naughty Dog stated..."we're nearly done with development...we are in the midst of fixing our final bugs"

again...this has nothing to do with development of the game...“We want to make sure everyone gets to play The Last of Us Part II around the same time, ensuring that we’re doing everything possible to preserve the best experience for everyone. This meant delaying the game until such a time where we can solve these logistic issues.”

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1245773177944281089/photo/1

did you not read what I posted??...that's pretty much the exact same thing Naughty Dog stated..."we're nearly done with development...we are in the midst of fixing our final bugs"

again...this has nothing to do with development of the game...“We want to make sure everyone gets to play The Last of Us Part II around the same time, ensuring that we’re doing everything possible to preserve the best experience for everyone. This meant delaying the game until such a time where we can solve these logistic issues.”
1.) You can't read. Like I predicted.
If worse comes to worst, there are already contingency plans in place, such as a digital launch.
If worse comes to worst, there are already contingency plans in place, such as a digital launch.

2.) Comparing what one company does to another company is dumb. That's like saying 2 people are the same. They aren't doing the same things. Period.
Are you going to compare CDPR to Acitivsion next? That would be just as valid.

CDPR != Naughty Dog
And how buys a physcial game in 2020? *eyes his steam library*

Physical is still the lion's share of console sales. However, given the general sales breakdown of W3 (aka, most sales are on PC) that's probably not a big issue in this case. Though the collector's edition stuff could present some kind of issue, they could get around that by simply giving everyone that ordered that version (or any physical version, if they really wanted to) a free digital copy.

Physical is still the lion's share of console sales. However, given the general sales breakdown of W3 (aka, most sales are on PC) that's probably not a big issue in this case. Though the collector's edition stuff could present some kind of issue, they could get around that by simply giving everyone that ordered that version (or any physical version, if they really wanted to) a free digital copy.
The company also mentioned that pre-orders for the RPG are actually lower on consoles – evidently, most gamers are aware that the PC version will provide the ideal experience.

I don't think they're worried. I also imagine that as production is in place already (as has been mentioned) this for the special edition have likely been getting manufactured already. Or more accurately were finished before Covid-19 hit. My assumption is that they finished everything for the Special Editions except for the discs, which would have been added last minute after getting printed out in order to meet their original March launch date.

DLC on par with Witcher 3? That's going to be a might mountain to conquer, Blood & Wine was simply amazing.

I would consider more of an expansion than DLC but I guess that word isn't used anymore, the last real expansion I can think of is Shivering Isles. B&W edges out Bloodmoon as my favorite expansion of all time and I don't usually pick favorites of anything but both are exceptional and B&W is clearly the better of the two IMO.

It's hard for me to be more than cautiously optimistic for any game these days but I really am looking forward to seeing how this one turns out, if they can even come close to the quality of W3 I'll be more than happy. For every thing I see about this game that concerns there's several other things that make me think it should be good.

DLC on par with Witcher 3? That's going to be a might mountain to conquer, Blood & Wine was simply amazing.
I would consider more of an expansion than DLC

B&W was IMO an expansion pack (completely new map, new legendary Witcher gear, completely new area to explorer, etc.) HoS was more of a DLC (runewords, same map but just slightly expanded, shorter play through compared to B&W, much smaller amount of new chars, etc).

I agree though, a B&W-like expansion is a massive undertaking, if it's going to live up to that level of scrutiny. I had a 150 hour or so, 90+% completion of W3 + expansion packs on my last playthrough (I'm not sailing around Skelige for all those darn smugglers treasures, did A LOT of them then moved on doing every quest) and that last 40 hours or so at least had to be B&W alone. Truly felt like it's own game. HoS might have been around 10-15 hours, it has a much much more linear story line.

I would consider more of an expansion than DLC but I guess that word isn't used anymore, the last real expansion I can think of is Shivering Isles. B&W edges out Bloodmoon as my favorite expansion of all time and I don't usually pick favorites of anything but both are exceptional and B&W is clearly the better of the two IMO.

It's hard for me to be more than cautiously optimistic for any game these days but I really am looking forward to seeing how this one turns out, if they can even come close to the quality of W3 I'll be more than happy. For every thing I see about this game that concerns there's several other things that make me think it should be good.

Fine.....Expansion pack. You mean what I know.

I don't know if this is worth putting up in the deals section (and I'm on the fence about preordering), but Amazon has $50 preorders up for all platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back