Cyberpunk 2077: Official Thread

sirmonkey1985

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010
Would HAVE

Sorry to be a grammar nazi but I've been seeing this almost every day in various places lately and it's starting to drive me insane
i would have but would of had a would have but i would of not given a crap.. just sayin, kthx ;)

grambo

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm actually happy about the delay for three reasons:

1) More time to polish is good. I don't care about the comical speculation/trolling, crunch issues etc. The studio has a strong track record for delivering on launch, not being forced to stick to stupid deadlines by publisher (EA tactic) and I will trust them with that.

2) More time for me to finish backlog of games.

3) Potential for RTX 3080 launch in advance of game so I can upgrade and hopefully have decent ray tracing performance in 2077.

IdiotInCharge

[H]ardForum Junkie
Starting to make the game sound like Mass Effect: Andromeda...

...which I completed on the release version.

If CDPR has passed the stage that ME:A was at upon release, I'm good.

jiminator

Capt Obvious
the only reason ME:A "sucked" was because of the first two games. If it had been a new IP people would have loved it and overlooked the stupid animations and so on.
But they botched the franchise with ME3 and people are still annoyed about that.

Reaperkk

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm actually happy about the delay for three reasons:

1) More time to polish is good. I don't care about the comical speculation/trolling, crunch issues etc. The studio has a strong track record for delivering on launch, not being forced to stick to stupid deadlines by publisher (EA tactic) and I will trust them with that.

2) More time for me to finish backlog of games.

3) Potential for RTX 3080 launch in advance of game so I can upgrade and hopefully have decent ray tracing performance in 2077.
Damnit, I wonder if I'm going to have to upgrade my 2080

Flogger23m

[H]ardForum Junkie
the only reason ME:A "sucked" was because of the first two games. If it had been a new IP people would have loved it and overlooked the stupid animations and so on.
But they botched the franchise with ME3 and people are still annoyed about that.
It lacked because it took what made the originals great and sidelined it for a duller, longer experience. CDPR seem to be wanting to keep Cyberpunk shorter than W3, but apparently the post game story will be longer. Although at that point, if there is still lots of story content, is it actually "post game"? I am hoping they learned and made the story more concise and on track this go around. Witcher 3 dragged on forever on little tangents, even if some parts were interesting. The whole story was just underwhelming with little reason to actually care about what was going on.

grambo

[H]ard|Gawd

It lacked because it took what made the originals great and sidelined it for a duller, longer experience. CDPR seem to be wanting to keep Cyberpunk shorter than W3, but apparently the post game story will be longer. Although at that point, if there is still lots of story content, is it actually "post game"? I am hoping they learned and made the story more concise and on track this go around. Witcher 3 dragged on forever on little tangents, even if some parts were interesting. The whole story was just underwhelming with little reason to actually care about what was going on.
I played through ME:A in the last year and quite enjoyed it. Definitely not up to the standard of the first 3 games (and for the record I liked 3 besides the ending shenanigans). I did find the open world style fetch crap tedious so I didn't bother with any questions in the "Tasks" category, although that aspect was slightly improved from the misery of DA:I catching the stupid crystals.

Witcher 3 the quality of everything was so good that I was happy to take 6+ months to work through 200h of gameplay, I do agree the main quest was plodding at times though. I'll take the same approach with 2077 I think.

Damnit, I wonder if I'm going to have to upgrade my 2080
Probably not, and I am sure my 1080 Ti would be fine, but if the game delivers on the quality I am hoping for then I want to experience it at the highest settings/smoothest FPS possible at 1440p and I'd be willing to upgrade to a 3080 or used 2080 Ti, especially if ray tracing improves immersion.

jiminator

Capt Obvious
They didn't have time to optimize for a console gen that's basically been out since the development started. It's understandable.
In any endeavor, resources are finite, and will always be spent where they get the most results. Making new APIs work on old legacy systems is always going to consume an inordinate amount of resources. But hey, keep pretending you know something about development.

Meeho

[H]ardness Supreme
In any endeavor, resources are finite, and will always be spent where they get the most results. Making new APIs work on old legacy systems is always going to consume an inordinate amount of resources. But hey, keep pretending you know something about development.
If you develop for enough years, everything becomes old legacy.