Cyberpunk 2077: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! I have no use personally, but rather like to follow the args to see how far down the rabbit hole they went.

Complete side note, were there any big reasons to preorder? I'm willing to break my rule for this team...

the big reasons are to support CDPR... for being CDPR if you believe in them. get it from GOG if you do as it kicks an extra 18 bucks their way.

Complete side note, were there any big reasons to preorder? I'm willing to break my rule for this team...

This is a unique situation where the developer happens to also own the store, and so to me, buying the game now gives the developer money now and puts more wind at their back to finish the game.

Last edited:
Despite rumours to the contrary circulating earlier this year, it seems that pop star Lady Gaga will not feature as an NPC in Cyberpunk 2077. In an interview with wccftech, UI co-ordinator Alvin Liu dismissed reports of the star’s involvement.

When asked about the rumours, Liu said that the Grammy and Oscar-winning artist is “pretty cyberpunk, so she could fit in.” Sadly, however, he went on to say “but um, yeah, no Lady Gaga.

Lady Gaga confirmed.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-lady-gaga

If I pre-order the digital PC version from GOG or Steam, how and when do you get the physical bonus items (stickers, postcard, etc.) included in the pre-order?

to not be in it.
"When asked about the rumours, Liu said that the Grammy and Oscar-winning artist is “pretty cyberpunk, so she could fit in.” Sadly, however, he went on to say “but um, yeah, no Lady Gaga.”
I was being facetious. Because if they're smart then the thing to do would be deny it until their final PR push.

Looks pretty good. I'm wondering how much vehicles will be present. Hate driving with keyboards and for a game this long I'd probably get tired of alternating between mouse/keyboard and controller. Liking the music to.

....I want to believe and all that... but I feel like it is going to be a bunch of BS like #2 and #3

Keanu's career is kind of on a high right now, I'm surprised he's taking chances like this. I thought CP2077 was an excellent move in general (deversify), and he has been in a lot of varied supporting roles over the years, so it is not unlike him to explore, but he has always kept it 'safe' -ish. Hopefully it's more than a cash grab, but I doubt it. If Bill & Ted falls flat, then a Matrix failure, things could turn on him. John Wick has already started to get a bit stupid, they cannot make his character any more god-like. I just hope he keeps his head on his shoulders and paces himself with all this.

Anyway, CP2077 is still looking as hype inducing as always. This game cannot come fast enough, but I'm glad they are taking the time to make it polished.

Last edited:
....I want to believe and all that... but I feel like it is going to be a bunch of BS like #2 and #3

I doubt many people care anymore, the original was brilliant but the sequels were utter trash. Gives credence to the conspiracy theory that the Wachowskis misappropriated the plot and themes from someone elses script.

I doubt many people care anymore, the original was brilliant but the sequels were utter trash. Gives credence to the conspiracy theory that the Wachowskis misappropriated the plot and themes from someone elses script.

Possible. There was so much area the 2nd could have explored. All that power would have been addictive, especially compared to the reality they lived in. I could see Neo wanting to spend all his time in the Matrix playing god, and Trinity trying to keep him grounded in reality & humanity, and him having to make real decisions in the end. All that being affected by the surprises the Machines threw at them. Obviously satisfying endings that maintain a degree of mystery are hard to come by, particularly original ones. So, I cannot say how that storyline would all play out. Like the Mass Effect trilogy, it is easy to create intrigue than to pay off on it.

speaking of Keanu...OT: earlier today they announced him, Carrie Ann Moss and one of the Wachowski siblings would be returning for a 4th Matrix movie...woot!

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matrix-4-keanu-reeves-carrie-anne-moss-lana-wachowski-1203307955/
Not sure how all that would work considering both characters died in the real world at the end of the 3rd movie. It will be pretty crappy to try and "bring them back" after how very pointed their deaths were.

Not sure how all that would work considering both characters died in the real world at the end of the 3rd movie. It will be pretty crappy to try and "bring them back" after how very pointed their deaths were.

Trinity definitely died but I never saw Neo as 100% dead...he defeated Smith in the Matrix and allowed himself to be killed...in the real world the machines carried away his body...even the Oracle tells the little girl in the final scene that they will see Neo again...

They will take advantage of that lame plot twist of there having been multiple iterations of the matrix with Zion and Neo having emerged and been destroyed on five previous occasions....so they can just explain Neo's and Trinity's deaths away as having occurred in a previous cycle.

Next week we’re going to host a Livestream during which we’ll unveil a 15-minute edit of what we’ve been showing to journalists and gamers here at Gamescom, and then interview devs from the studio for additional information on what you just saw...expect a lot of insight into the thought process behind creative decisions, information about Pacifica—one of the districts of Night City—and TONS of stuff on playstyles you’ll be able to adopt when you launch Cyberpunk 2077 next year...

Watch the stream August 30th, 8PM CEST (11AM PT) on the official CD PROJEKT RED Twitch and Mixer channels

You have the power to not read any bitching.

not talking about this. they now have gender scale options, and so people are crying about wanting to play "as a man" and are accusing CDPR of pandering.
CDPR wants to make everyone happy, they are trying to protect their baby, I mean they fired a community manager for stupid shit reasons.
There are just going to be trolls on either side no matter what they do.

not talking about this. they now have gender scale options, and so people are crying about wanting to play "as a man" and are accusing CDPR of pandering.
CDPR wants to make everyone happy, they are trying to protect their baby, I mean they fired a community manager for stupid shit reasons.
There are just going to be trolls on either side no matter what they do.

To make matters worse, the change makes no change to gameplay at all, so the uproar is over nothing.

The only difference now is, instead of solely choosing your sex, you have a second option to choose male or female voice. I don't really give a rip about "gender neutrality", most of it is just the latest means of getting attention. But they split up a single option so those who do care about it, can feel like they have a choice. If I want to play as a "male", then all I have to do is choose the male body, and then choose the male voice. It has ZERO impact on gameplay. People are losing their crap over nothing.

Borrowed the laser whip from Johnny Mnemonic.

Yes and no. The laser whip was in the original pen and paper game. Cyberpunk 2020 was released in 1988, several years prior to the movie. However, Cyberpunk 2020 borrowed the laser whip from the short story that the movie was based on, Johnny Mnemonic by William Gibson. Though the movie was basically an "in name only" adaption of the book. Additionally, there clearly seems to be some references to Johnny Mnemonic (the movie, not the book) in how they've framed some of the scenes showing the whip, especially the attacking animations.

It has ZERO impact on gameplay.
Are you sure about that tho? I mean I prefer NPCs to acknowledge my character's gender, and not act completely neutral to it. If they replace male / female with a slider, how will NPCs react, or will gender be completely removed from existence?
And no, this does not protect their baby, this alienates supporters as we can all see. And the people who think binary gender options are oppressive were never going to play the game, and cannot be appeased anyway. The best thing they can do to protect their baby is completely ignore them.
Haven't anyone learned anything? If you do as they ask, they'll find another thing to be mad about, so pandering to them is a loose-loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back