Cyberpunk 2077 Official Gameplay Trailer Released

I don't have an issue with this kind of thing when it's before street date.
Don't worry, they aren't allowed to show bugs and glitches even after release.

EDIT: After reviews embargo lifts, I shoud say, I don't know if it's tied to game's release date.

Last edited:
Lolwut?

This.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/1335999301382639618

Screenshot_20201208-071701~01.jpg

Don't worry, they aren't allowed to show bugs and glitches even after release.

EDIT: After reviews embargo lifts, I shoud say, I don't know if it's tied to game's release date.
Embargo's aren't a conspiracy, nor should their utility be so difficult to understand. In the age of click-incentivized FUD, its reasonable for them to take a hard line. A massive open-world RPG is going to have launch bugs no matter what, they don't need a thousand youtubers adding to the noise making clickbaity eyeroll/facepalm videos based on pre-release code.

i.e. if a pre-release bug is featured in a video but gets fixed before launch, those dipshits aren't going to retract their videos, nor can the bad impression left on viewers be undone.

Last edited:
Embargo's aren't a conspiracy, nor should their utility be so difficult to understand. In the age of click-incentivized FUD, its reasonable for them to take a hard line. A massive open-world RPG is going to have launch bugs no matter what, they don't need a thousand youtubers adding to the noise making clickbaity eyeroll/facepalm videos based on pre-release code.

i.e. if a pre-release bug is featured in a video but gets fixed before launch, those dipshits aren't going to retract their videos, nor can the bad impression left on viewers be undone.
It's not reviewers responsibility to hide flaws on the basis of promises from the developer. The key word in your last sentence is "IF". What if those buga don't get patched? Should Fallout 76 reviews have been censored because the glaring problems could have been fixed day 1?

Should gamers get a sanatized, corporate approved view of the game on a pinky swear it will all be a-ok when the game goes public? Maybe, and I know this is a radical concept, just maybe the game is actually finished before it's released and it gets reviewed and reported as is? Remember those silly days?

It's not reviewers responsibility to hide flaws on the basis of promises from the developer. The key word in your last sentence is "IF". What if those buga don't get patched? Should Fallout 76 reviews have been censored because the glaring problems could have been fixed day 1?

Should gamers get a sanatized, corporate approved view of the game on a pinky swear it will all be a-ok when the game goes public? Maybe, and I know this is a radical concept, just maybe the game is actually finished before it's released and it gets reviewed and reported as is? Remember those silly days?

Here's the bottom line: Most reviewers have made "bugs" the focal point of their reviews. Yet none of them were running on the 43GB day-one patch. So no, gamers shouldn't get a "sanitized" review, but the game also shouldn't be judged unfairly just because every gaming site and youtuber is desperate to be first.

If you're that worried, wait 6-12 months.

Last edited:
Good lord. Here's the bottom line:

Most of the "reviewers" so far have made "bugs" the focal point of their reviews. Yet...... None of them were running on the 43GB day one patch.

If you're that worried, wait 6-12 months. Off ya go.

Some (most?) were given a 50GB patch. Sounds like it is basically the Day 1 patch, aside from maybe a few additional fixes. I wouldn’t expect it to be all THAT much less buggy on release. Maybe a few less minor ones and a couple less major ones, at most. Unless they were really able to get a lot done in the few days to a week since the patch was sent out.

Good lord. Here's the bottom line:

Most of the "reviewers" so far have made "bugs" the focal point of their reviews. Yet...... None of them were running on the 43GB day one patch. So no, gamers shouldn't get a "sanitized" review, but the game also shouldn't be judged unfairly just because every gaming site and youtuber is desperate to be first.

If you're that worried, wait 6-12 months. Off ya go.
Gamers like you are the reason we have 43 GB day 1 patches and all the other beautiful practices in todays gaming, like season passes, microtransactions, censoring, no private servers, etc.

And you know most purchases are done day one based on initial reviews, if any at all.

I am not pre-ordering... gonna wait to see how the FPS is. Bugs... whatever. I am a developer, it happens. Given how ambitious the project is, I'm just happy it is being released. I do plan on getting it, either in a week, or like DPI said, 6-12 months. In the end, thank you CD Projekt Red.

PC Gamer: "I like Cyberpunk 2077 a lot, but there's no getting away from the fact that it's currently a bugfest".
ajNYCn628a9swKkP6YCtCj-970-80.jpg

Alright, who hired the Bethesda devs?!

wKX7vLbJxfKfMszbMTvruk-970-80.jpg

lol, no thanks. I'll wait.

This is what happens to a product when you let shareholders & investors make the time table. Which is sad CDPR makes some amazing media & I love them for it, Witcher 3 remains one of the best games ever made & their GOG platform is better in almost every way than Steam.

Ah well. Hopefully its fixed soon.

PC Gamer: "I like Cyberpunk 2077 a lot, but there's no getting away from the fact that it's currently a bugfest".
View attachment 307344

Alright, who hired the Bethesda devs?!

View attachment 307345

lol, no thanks. I'll wait.

This is what happens to a product when you let shareholders & investors make the time table. Which is sad CDPR makes some amazing media & I love them for it, Witcher 3 remains one of the best games ever made & their GOG platform is better in almost every way than Steam.

Ah well. Hopefully its fixed soon.

There have been two updates since then. I don't expect everything to be fixed but I'd wait for the final product before making conclusions.

In any case, probably best to wait a few weeks. I'm sure by then the game will be mostly fixed.

Welp, so much for my "downloading it will be faster than unlocking it".

Peak download speed of 1.5MB/S >_>
ETA of 12 hours. lol.

Are you SURE you want to buy this game?

View attachment 307359

#ItsATrap #TheInternetIsAStrangePlace
If people only took their own day-to-day life that seriously.
Young people thinking that are the first to point out conspiracies, but as you get older you only have energy to focus on yourself and family.

I leave the tinfoil hats to the people that have nothing else productive to do.

Well hot dog - CD Projekt Red pulled it off. After getting past the first hand-held hours, the game is really shining. It's living up to the hype.
(((they))), huh? It's nice when anti-Semites self-identify.
It's clearly a joke, but it's nice when party-poopers self-identify. I'm sure you get a big rise of out pointing out when jokes are in poor taste.
I'll be honest, for the reputation it quickly developed for being so buggy - I haven't experienced many, if any noticeable bugs, within the first couple hours of play. Having said that, I'm not surprised people are able to find bugs and make a compilation. I doubt it's representative of the average experience with the game. But makes a great article.

Last edited:
There have been two updates since then. I don't expect everything to be fixed but I'd wait for the final product before making conclusions.

In any case, probably best to wait a few weeks. I'm sure by then the game will be mostly fixed.
Sorry but they released the game. It should already BE a "final product". Games are continually updated for years, when is the "final product"?

I want to cut developers some slack, but they need to do better than what is currently "accepted" (forced?).

That said, this is a game I want to try ... one day.

Sorry but they released the game. It should already BE a "final product". Games are continually updated for years, when is the "final product"?

I want to cut developers some slack, but they need to do better than what is currently "accepted" (forced?).

That said, this is a game I want to try ... one day.
Welcome to PC Gaming in the last 20 years. Anyways - these games are larger-than-life projects. If you truly want something to change, everyone should simply stop supporting AAA games. You can't support every AAA game that comes out and then act surprised, "omg the game is unfinished at launch!". It's not some developers purposefully trying to troll you. It's the ecosystem you're supporting, which is setting them for the result that we see time and time again.

Well hot dog - CD Projekt Red pulled it off. After getting past the first hand-held hours, the game is really shining. It's living up to the hype.

It's clearly a joke, but it's nice when party-poopers self-identify. I'm sure you get a big rise of out pointing out when jokes are in poor taste.

I'll be honest, for the reputation it quickly developed for being so buggy - I haven't experienced many, if any noticeable bugs, within the first couple hours of play. Having said that, I'm not surprised people are able to find bugs and make a compilation. I doubt it's representative of the average experience with the game. But makes a great article.
There's this weird phenomenon where people go looking for bugs - looking for reasons to complain and be angry - rather than just enjoying the game. The more high profile the release, the worse this seems to be.

Clickbait articles, outrage youtubers, people on forums and reddit that don't even have the game -- the loudest voices screaming that everyone should uninstall the game because someone made a meme gif of a car floating in the sky somewhere.

There's this weird phenomenon where people go looking for bugs - looking for reasons to complain and be angry - rather than just enjoying the game. The more high profile the release, the worse this seems to be.
That was my thought too. I got it on the PC, which supposedly has the least bugs. So far, I've only encountered three.

• During character creation, you rotate the character with "Q" or "E". This key is also bound to "go to the previous/next slider".
  • An eyelash was out of place on one side of the character's face during creation. Going back then forward fixed it.
  • The only serious bug I've encountered. I tried playing a stealthy pacifist. During the very first mission, I distracted the guards, snuck up behind them, and knocked them out. That made the mission un-winnable, because the guards have to follow a set path so your colleague can knock one out. If he doesn't knock one out, the doors don't unlock, and you're stuck. Revert to save.

Could it use some polish? Absolutely. But it's definitely "good enough" to be published in my mind. I'm having a blast with it... Although good lord do I ever hate the music in the car and on the radio.

Patches are coming out fast and furious. 1.0.3 dropped today.
I did purchase the game, but I'm going to wait until my monitor is repaired to start playing it... although there is basically zero chance that I'll be able to play it in DCI-4k with my "paltry" Radeon VII. Would love a 6900XT donation if, you know, people are donating $1000 video cards to people.

So to me there's two things, the lazy and stupid shit, and the bugs and glitches.

The lazy crap - the first two are bad, the rest less so.

1) the cops and the warrants. You pick up a warrant and the cops teleport in instantly behind you and then telelport in more to flank you.
2) driving cars is SHIT. It so shit you WILL hit a pedestrian and wind up with a warrant and thus see #1.
3) Randomly not giving a shit about the vending machine textures. So you will have high res, nice looking buttons to press, and the big ad on the machine will be blurry ass dog shit to the point you can't tell what it is selling.

The bugs/glitches:

-DLSS with RTX is kind of screwed. On reloads you wind up in ultra crap mode regardless of settings, and have to switch modes to fix it which is annoying. Initial boot is fine.
-Jackie periodically disappearing in missions. They seem to complete, but you are suddenly without help in some areas.
-NPCs someitmes fading out like an LOD fade when you bump into them.
-Both NPCs and story arc characters randomly not having facial animations while speaking.
-Occasionally I have entered places and ALL the female head models are just insanely messed up where they look like they somebody mashed a bunch of payday bars into a head sized blob. SUper shitty look that goes away with a reload.
-Massive NPC cowering outside of shooting ranges.
-NPCs dodging your drunk driver simulation by jumping in front of or into your car.
-cars parked on an incline half floating in air perpendicular to gravity. (not common).
-occasional clipping into a character.

The ones that are neither:
-becuase it is kind of an RPG, it makes shooting things suck because of your skill level at the start like masseffect or fallout3. If you have shitty frame rates, you also get input lag. In my experience if you hit 30fps you will have a very shitty time of it at the start. I'm at level 6 with settings that get me 55-75 and the combat is going much smoother now.
-The shitty NPC fear reactions. When they cower, they seem to stay that way until the map area they are in unloads. When you have to follow a main character into a room to proceed with the quest, and one of those fuckers is cowering in the doorway and you can't fit past... well goodbye progress.
-DLSS out in the open spaces shows the usual tiling artifacts in the distance. It's pretty frikin good in quality mode in the city.

I have not seen massive clipping issues. I have not seen weird physics other than the seemingly universal restless rag doll corpses every game seems to have. (at least these ones are slow so you just think they aren't fully dead, rather than the massive spazzing of many games).

That being said, I'm running a 3700x, 3080FE, 32 gigs of ram, and a pcie 4.0 NVME pushing a 1440p monitor. I've got really good looking RTX/DLSS settings that are running at 55-75 FPS (my monitor is a crappy freesync with max 75hz refresh, what do you want I spent my money building my quarantine PC). I have a distinct suspicion that physics calculations may be getting punted with low frame rate or other things making the engine wait. Watching reviewers do the initial tests the night before, they seemed to not have issues... until they started cranking everything up and getting like 24-35 FPS.

As a tip, whatever your settings, try disabling chromatic aberration, it's just a blurry mess of a filter.

This aged well, lol.

Cyberpunk 2077 is not the most anticipated video game ever. Not by a long shot.
I read somewhere there were 8 million preorders. Not sure if that's a record, but it's gotta be pretty damn high on the chart.

How so, specifically
You make a valid point, buts it's extremely evident since the release that CDPR was nowhere near close to fixing this on, especially on last gen consoles. It's a nightmare for them. They absolutely had an agenda in hiding that information from the public in this case.

I read somewhere there were 8 million preorders. Not sure if that's a record, but it's gotta be pretty damn high on the chart.
Yeah, it broke the record set by Shadowlands.

Still, I'm old enough to remember Super Mario 3. It was on the news & in the front page of many newspapers, heck they even made a movie to promote it. It was MASSIVE.

Then....there was Mortal Kombat 1 on the console.

Still, I'm old enough to remember Super Mario 3. It was on the news & in the front page of many newspapers, heck they even made a movie to promote it. It was MASSIVE.

I love that movie.

Then....there was Mortal Kombat 1 on the console.

And you'd be wrong bud.

"The game sold 250,000 copies in its first two days of release" for SM3.

You make a valid point, buts it's extremely evident since the release that CDPR was nowhere near close to fixing this on, especially on last gen consoles. It's a nightmare for them. They absolutely had an agenda in hiding that information from the public in this case.
Definitely don't disagree with any of that but has nothing to do with my original point, which was responding to some people acting like embargo's are a conspiracy, and "CDPR is trying to hide the truth!" nonsense. Reviewers agreed to an NDA, but then had a fit because they couldn't release video footage early - of DRM'd, prerelease code - because they're all desperate to be first. And one guy here was suggesting CDPR "wouldn't allow reviewers to show bugs even after release" -- absurd.

Nobody believed Cyberpunk would be bug-free, but there are two intersecting business models: a game developer trying to sell a game, and a clickbait media industry that rushes toward negativity because it generates the most traffic. I'm suggesting I can understand the dev wanting reviewers to wait for release before they start pumping out the typical endless scroll of youtube thumbnails with dudes facepalming and something-something-cyberpunk-BUGS-questionmark.

Last edited:
And you'd be wrong bud.

"The game sold 250,000 copies in its first two days of release" for SM3.
Copies sold doesn't translate into anticipation. I lived it, like I said, it was a huge deal. Even now, I maybe saw one or two commercials for Cyberpunk. Back then I can remember seeing Super Mario 3 everywhere, on news stands, front covers of news papers & magazines, on the evening news, it was a Super Mario world, everyone talked about it, the big secret was Mario's new costume.

Or maybe I'm just getting old and not seeing the coverage like I did when I was younger.

Last edited:
Copies sold doesn't translate into anticipation. I lived it, like I said, it was a huge deal. Even now, I maybe saw one or two commercials for Cyberpunk. Back then I can remember seeing Super Mario 3 everywhere, on news stands, front covers of news papers & magazines, on the evening news, it was a Super Mario world, everyone talked about it, the big secret was Mario's new costume.

Or maybe I'm just getting old and not seeing the coverage like I did when I was younger.
Got an AMD CPU? Try this to improve your framerate in Cyberpunk 2077, helped mine quite a bit. https://old.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kbrsta/psa_amd_cpu_you_can_double_your_fps/

https://twitter.com/Krakn3dfx/status/1337952235360284672

---

"Cyberpunk 2077 used an Intel C++ compiler which hinders optimizations if run on non-Intel CPUs. Here's how to disable the check and gain 10-20% performance." -- https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/c..._an_intel_c_compiler_which/gfknein/?context=3

Last edited:
Back