Cyberpunk 2077 Official Gameplay Trailer Released

I am still fully lost what was the link between a conversation about speculating the game numbers of hours of revelant gameplay and the video you posted and now the link between that comment and this news.
Never try to understand the ways of the Erek. Just know that he is always waiting to strike with one of his hyperlinks.

i'm still not sold on the first person view idea. Especially during conversations it feels awkward. I don't want to become the character, I just want to control it as an invisible hand.

Should've went the Deus Ex HR/MD route. FPS combat, 3rd person for conversations. Satisfies both in the best ways possible.

Should've went the Deus Ex HR/MD route. FPS combat, 3rd person for conversations. Satisfies both in the best ways possible.

Not everyone. Going 3rd person is an immersion breaker for a lot of people. I personally like 1st person view when possible as it better brings me into the world of the game. :) GTA in 1st person view made a big difference to me as well.

But sure 3rd person has its positives too for a lot of people but just wanted to chime in that isn't true for everyone.

I am still fully lost what was the link between a conversation about speculating the game numbers of hours of revelant gameplay and the video you posted and now the link between that comment and this news.
Never try to understand the ways of the Erek. Just know that he is always waiting to strike with one of his hyperlinks.
"Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 copies released early, gameplay footage leaks out Read more:" -- https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7638...d-early-gameplay-footage-leaks-out/index.html

Its a bit annoying that raytracing or DLSS-type effects will not be available day 1 for AMD GPUs that support it, I can at least understand that the team likely had a bit more time with RTX 2000 series (much less 3000) to mess around prior to launch. That said, I hope that they will add support for AMD RDNA2 card raytracing et al ASAP, preferably launching for PC long before the PS5/XSX console versions which will presumably take more time to certify, update, launch and all that. Waiting a bit after launch is one thing, waiting however many months it will take for the console version to arrive is something different entirely.

Edit: Please don't include "The Quartering"'s so called content in such posts, at least outside of the kind of political culture-war stuff that is allowed take place in GenMay. There's no real information in that video above about CP2077, its just him doing what he always does - going to target low hanging fruit of outrage from one side to point and laugh, to justify outrage on the other side.
Actually I learned from that video that I could buy this game for $45 at play-asia so I did.

Actually I learned from that video that I could buy this game for $45 at play-asia so I did.
Does Play-Asia have a record of getting the product out in a timely fashion at launch? I've been screwed by these types of sites before, having to wait a day or two to access my pre-order.

Does Play-Asia have a record of getting the product out in a timely fashion at launch? I've been screwed by these types of sites before, having to wait a day or two to access my pre-order.
I have never used them before but when I googled them a lot of people praised their speedy sales. Looks like a GOG key and the GOG version has exclusive extras
ENG_product-page-addons-2020_yellow_on_black.png

Not everyone. Going 3rd person is an immersion breaker for a lot of people. I personally like 1st person view when possible as it better brings me into the world of the game. :) GTA in 1st person view made a big difference to me as well.

But sure 3rd person has its positives too for a lot of people but just wanted to chime in that isn't true for everyone.

I'd only go with 3rd person for conversations. But I suppose it can be a toggle.

I have never used them before but when I googled them a lot of people praised their speedy sales. Looks like a GOG key and the GOG version has exclusive extras
Thanks mmbud, used it with coupon code: GEMATSU for 5% for a check-out total of $41.79. Not bad!

I don’t care that much about the ray tracing stuff. I’m more worried it looks a bit shit, as an actual game.

Hopefully it’s just the doom monger in me and they pull it out the bag, loved all the Witcher’s but it’s making me nervous

View attachment 302025

I'm not familiar with PlayAsia when it comes to digital, actually. In the past, I can recall they were one of the major english language importer sites that offered stuff exclusive to the Asian (including Japanese) market, sometimes without even price gouging! Seems they're still continuing this trend as well which is nice to see - I've not been on the site for awhile. I would consider them legitimate as they're not simply a pop-up gray-market keyseller or anything.. Those who purchased from PlayAsia , did you get a key delivered immediately to activate on GOG?

$40-45 seems to be about the top-tier for pre-order 3rd party PC keysales I've found, so a good price. Most seem to be GOG direct keys, given its CDPR's platform. Though it has been harder to find these kinds of discounts on CP2077 vs many other titles, which is a bit strange - Humble, Fanatical, GreenManGaming etc... are not offering pre-launch discounts typical for AAA titles. Copies for other stores, including Steam, are often difficult to find when it comes to legit keysales ; this is a relatively common/recent trend for any first party "launcher/store owning" titles, though still somewhat frustrating.

With multiple delays, 9 versions, only RT support for Nvidia, once released they will most likely be strapped on bug fixes on all 9 versions for the next 6 months or more. I just don't see AMD RT support in the near future and maybe never.

Sigh. At 1:10, she said, "nuke-ya-ler". C'mon. Get the promo voice-over to at least learn how to pronounce words.

"Nuke-lee-ur"...THAT'S what's gonna cause the devastation.

I don't know how fast they are in providing digital keys.

But, I just wanted to chime in and say that play-asia is otherwise a long time reputable site. I have purchased several things from them, over the years. Including Demon's Souls, back when it was exclusive to Japan and Asia. And also Dualshock3 controllers. Because early in the PS3's life, the controllers didn't have rumble. Sony didn't opt to pay patent fees. They later released the dualshock 3 and it released in Japan like 6 months before the U.S. So I imported 2 of them. Still have both.

Last edited:
With multiple delays, 9 versions, only RT support for Nvidia, once released they will most likely be strapped on bug fixes on all 9 versions for the next 6 months or more. I just don't see AMD RT support in the near future and maybe never.
There is no way they skip AMD RT. They are working on a true next gen console version of the game and both consoles have RDNA 2 GPUs. At the least, the PC patch for AMD RT will come alongside that console update. and I expect that is actually when it happens.

CDPR has a pretty damn good record when it comes to massive post launch support. I don't think this will be any different.

https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Patch

I hope it doesn’t get changed from the gameplay trailer is all.

Bla, will definitely wait until seasoned and have a better prospective on the game. Maybe his prospective was very limited to 16 hours of game play and the game will open up much more as you progress.

There was a conversation IN THIS THREAD about why they removed all AMD GPU's from the Ray Tracing spec sheet. This would explain why.

View attachment 302025

hey do you have any idea when and how we get our "bonuses"? i have GOG Galaxy installed and pre ordered back prob in like march because it was originally suppose to be coming out my BD weekend in April. have you got any notifications or anything?

hey do you have any idea when and how we get our "bonuses"? i have GOG Galaxy installed and pre ordered back prob in like march because it was originally suppose to be coming out my BD weekend in April. have you got any notifications or anything?
Not yet, the last I heard was everything would be released on Dec 10

So I am curious. I have never had a console before, I am previous PC Master race stereo type... except for the last 10 years I've been working jobs and having a family that prevent upgrading my PC. Soooo.. How different did Witcher 3 Look on PC vs Xbox or PS4? I ask this, because I have been waiting for this game and.. if its about the same I might as well just get one of those new consoles.

Cause I am really tempted to get an Xbox X or PS5 instead of spending money on a new pc.. especially since I don't have an office anymore. and couch coop is now the primary fun . (I do have a switch for the wife )

consoles are for kids. pc is still miles ahead of consoles as long as you're semi up to date. consoles will have lower graphic fidelity and lower/limited fps. also playing on televisions adds input lag compared to pc monitors, especially if you aren't using the right settings and also depends a lot on the model.

i believe this title was designed for PC first and tweaked to work on consoles.

consoles are for anyone.

and currently, to be "miles" ahead, you have to spend as much or more on a GPU, as the whole console itself. And 2 months ago, the price of a console only got you a GPU which was about as good as what's in the console (5700xt/2070 super). But that console is an entire system. not just a GPU.

the situation with Witcher 3 isn't really analogous to Cyberpunk. The new consoles are relatively more powerful than PS4 was when it launched, in comparison to what was available then for hardware.

IF you have a 2080ti/3070 or better, its likely that the PC version will have better Ray Tracing quality and amount of RT effects on screen at once. and general FPS at 4K is going to be higher. Aside from that, I don't expect any major visual advantages on PC, compared to PS5 or Series X. Both consoles should do basically ultra quality at 1080 and 1440p. Their 4K performance will be interesting to see. Cyberpunk doesn't seem to require big hardware (with RT turned off). Its very possible they could offer a 4K performance mode with dynamic resolution and no RT, with a 60fps target. and it will probably be enjoyable.

After that, it comes down to how much you are married to mouse and keyboard.

Last edited:
After that, it comes down to how much you are married to mouse and keyboard.

Can you update and/or add more RAM to a console? Can you swap out the processor for a newer version (or swap out the processor/MB for a newer version while keeping the rest of the kit)? Can you swap out the GPU? Can you check your email/browse the web/use Adobe and/or Office on a console? Those are also factors as to why some people prefer an actual computer to a console.

Can you update and/or add more RAM to a console? Can you swap out the processor for a newer version (or swap out the processor/MB for a newer version while keeping the rest of the kit)? Can you swap out the GPU? Can you check your email/browse the web/use Adobe and/or Office on a console? Those are also factors as to why some people prefer an actual computer to a console.
I think there are other threads for widening the conversation.

I stand by my comments about Cyberpunk on next gen consoles Vs. PC.

consoles are for kids. pc is still miles ahead of consoles as long as you're semi up to date. consoles will have lower graphic fidelity and lower/limited fps. also playing on televisions adds input lag compared to pc monitors, especially if you aren't using the right settings and also depends a lot on the model.
Consoles like PS5 and XBOX and the games made to run on them are made with adults also in mind and that has been true for a very long time.

Busy adults with little time to dedicate around the mechanics of gaming, that have little want or desire to setup the PC to be comfortable to play on their tv from the couch will prefer console. Caring much about input lag/fps is not a particularly adult concern.

Can you run office apps, web browse (desktop-level browsing), or do productivity tasks on a console?

Can you run office apps, web browse (desktop-level browsing), or do productivity tasks on a console?
and to think, to keep up w/ backdated pc hardware you'll have to trash your whole system and upgrade to a PS5 pro or an XboXseriesX+X=X in a couple years unless you wanna play at low quality / 24fps and go through this whole process over again.

not to mention most people are paying PC prices to get their hands on a console right now anyway.

I'm going to wait till this is released and see how well it runs on others systems. I will need a new PC build to play this properly.

New exclusive gameplay released from a company that truly cares about gamers and is in no way similar to EA/Ubisoft/Activision...

Screenshot_20201207-104258~01~01.jpg

Back