Cyberpunk 2077 Official Gameplay Trailer Released

erek

[H]F Junkie
"CD Project RED has today published an official gameplay trailer of its upcoming triple-A title called Cyberpunk 2077. Coming on December 10th, today we got a preview of how the gameplay works and what are the objectives in the game. The game sets in an open-world that is America after a nuclear crisis. You are located in a place called Nigh City, one of the last megalopolises, where you fill the gap between the streets and corporate mafia. As a paid urban mercenary, you use your cyber-enhanced body to get the job done and be the best you can. The trailer video is available to watch on YouTube, which you can check out below and see for yourself the first gameplay of the Cyberpunk 2077 game."

https://www.techpowerup.com/274934/cyberpunk-2077-official-gameplay-trailer-released

Looks amazing - I wonder what the specs are on the box that made the video.

Looks amazing - I wonder what the specs are on the box that made the video.
Probably top of the line, but rendering a gameplay video is a lot less intensive than playing the game in real time. You can record the gameplay at the lowest resolution and settings possible, then when you render you can crank everything up to the maximum and not be concerned with a rendering rate of 1FPS.

1605896260659.png

Nvidia also released this today regarding the RT system requirements.

Last edited:
Interesting that it wants 10GB of vRAM for RT-Ultra, which is max for the 3080. Not a lot of future-proofing in those cards.
It may also be because the 3080 is the only card they recommended, and it matches the VRAM size.

Last edited:
Interesting that it wants 10GB of vRAM for RT-Ultra, which is max for the 3080. Not a lot of future-proofing in those cards.
No future proofing in any GPU. This is what I predicted with people worried 10GB wasn't enough - for this gen it will be, because AAA devs will cater to 3080. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, but I also wouldn't hesitate to buy 6800XT if I could get that sooner.

Cmon. The vram recommendation of 10GB at the high end is because that is all the card has. Does it need all 10 or more even with RTX on? We won't know till the game is out and tested by 3rd parties. Also the 2080ti could be listed where the 3070 is too but then what do they do recommend 11GB vram there to match what that card has?! Not a good look.

My point is these specs don't seem to unreasonable especially on the CPU side but this is a Nvidia sponsored title so these recommendations are pretty much marketing. The Radeon 6800s seem to ray trace about as good as Turing or so in general ? Maybe they will pull it off to with the expected 30% or so FPS hit . My target is 1440p with RTX not a factor and its seems pretty doable on my current set up.

What is also interesting in that tweet is that CDPR didn't list the 6800XT for any of the RT specs (but did for the Ultra non-RT spec). Wonder if DLSS is going to be needed that badly to offset the RT performance hit.

View attachment 301226
A tweet from CDPR says that ray tracing for AMD will come in a patch....later. I'm guessing whenever the next gen console version is certified with a patch for RT and other next gen effects and settings.

seems like they may have ratcheted down the animation quality and textures from the original demo. but still good. can't wait! :) and maybe it was just me or youtube but seemed a little jittery for some reason too.

A tweet from CDPR says that ray tracing for AMD will come in a patch....later. I'm guessing whenever the next gen console version is certified with a patch for RT and other next gen effects and settings.
weird. won't it be releasing for next get consoles the same day? or you are saying that they are gonna have some features (like rt) disabled on consoles too?

weird. won't it be releasing for next get consoles the same day? or you are saying that they are gonna have some features (like rt) disabled on consoles too?
I imagine it is not too weird, considering the studio (it is not like a Call of Duty is doing this), game and how recent they potentially got dev kit for some target, what is weird is how I (and seem many) didn't understood all of that before yesterday.

It was talked for weeks:
https://www.gfinityesports.com/arti...a-amd-hardware-gpu-cd-projekt-red-xbox-ps4-pc

Cyberpunk 2077 Will Only Offer Ray-Tracing on Nvidia​

19 October 2020

Cyberpunk 2077 will not offer ray-tracing for AMD graphics cards at launch, the developer has confirmed.
Both the PS5 and Xbox Series S/X will use AMD-based parts, meaning you're going to have to wait a while for the full Cyberpunk 2077 experience on those platforms.

That article is one month old.

It's 50. It took 6 hours for the the IGN preview guy to even reach the title card. After 16 hours they were nowhere close to finishing it.
https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-the-final-preview

50 means 70 or 80. Which is probably too long for its own good, but when an open world game claims it is 50 hours long that is typically half the content. Otherwise you'll have trouble finishing the game due to lack of upgrades and experienced needed. And you'll be constantly skipping content.

50 means 70 or 80. Which is probably too long for its own good, but when an open world game claims it is 50 hours long that is typically half the content. Otherwise you'll have trouble finishing the game due to lack of upgrades and experienced needed. And you'll be constantly skipping content.
In Witcher 3 by the time you hit Skellige you're way over leveled for the content, even if trying to skip stuff. I never saw this as a negative since a NG+ run could be completely different. Unlike something like Borderlands 3 where you're forced to slog through the same old content for TVHM.

In Witcher 3 by the time you hit Skellige you're way over leveled for the content, even if trying to skip stuff. I never saw this as a negative since a NG+ run could be completely different. Unlike something like Borderlands 3 where you're forced to slog through the same old content for TVHM.

Even more than that as a completionist. Looks comparable to TW3, which is among the longest time I've spent on a single-player game in one run.

So I am curious. I have never had a console before, I am previous PC Master race stereo type... except for the last 10 years I've been working jobs and having a family that prevent upgrading my PC. Soooo.. How different did Witcher 3 Look on PC vs Xbox or PS4? I ask this, because I have been waiting for this game and.. if its about the same I might as well just get one of those new consoles.

Cause I am really tempted to get an Xbox X or PS5 instead of spending money on a new pc.. especially since I don't have an office anymore. and couch coop is now the primary fun . (I do have a switch for the wife )

Its a bit annoying that raytracing or DLSS-type effects will not be available day 1 for AMD GPUs that support it, I can at least understand that the team likely had a bit more time with RTX 2000 series (much less 3000) to mess around prior to launch. That said, I hope that they will add support for AMD RDNA2 card raytracing et al ASAP, preferably launching for PC long before the PS5/XSX console versions which will presumably take more time to certify, update, launch and all that. Waiting a bit after launch is one thing, waiting however many months it will take for the console version to arrive is something different entirely.

Edit: Please don't include "The Quartering"'s so called content in such posts, at least outside of the kind of political culture-war stuff that is allowed take place in GenMay. There's no real information in that video above about CP2077, its just him doing what he always does - going to target low hanging fruit of outrage from one side to point and laugh, to justify outrage on the other side.

I'm not really shocked by this but I am slightly disappointed.
No way in fuck am I paying for a stadia game.
(Meaning when I do buy the game, it'll be for STEAM)

CoD MW forces us to stream textures for characters and weapons now to save file size, with seemingly no way to use installed textures even if you have free space. I now see blurry textures when I never had before. Very blurry, because they clearly don't download/stream quick enough.

Imagine the entire game being streamed. No thanks.

i'm still not sold on the first person view idea. Especially during conversations it feels awkward. I don't want to become the character, I just want to control it as an invisible hand.

i'm still not sold on the first person view idea. Especially during conversations it feels awkward. I don't want to become the character, I just want to control it as an invisible hand.

It may simply come down to a matter of preference..or perhaps you're comparing it to The Witcher CDPR titles where you control a known character with a specific backstory? Overall I don't mind first person (at least as an option) as it can increase immersion as well as add certain mechanic for movement and combat (ie did you see that wrist lock in the OP"s video? Assuming it isn't purely a cinematic, that sort of thing can be done easier first person without having to use a lot of UI "guides" for reaction). Furthermore, CP2077 is predicated on a custom character avatar the player is encouraged to treat as their own both in terms of customization and that NPCs and the like will be speaking looking right at "you" etc. Overall, I don't have a problem with 1st person at all , but nor would I object to an option for 3rd person mode ; its clear that for things like driving a car or riding your bike, that is possible already!

It may simply come down to a matter of preference..or perhaps you're comparing it to The Witcher CDPR titles where you control a known character with a specific backstory? Overall I don't mind first person (at least as an option) as it can increase immersion as well as add certain mechanic for movement and combat (ie did you see that wrist lock in the OP"s video? Assuming it isn't purely a cinematic, that sort of thing can be done easier first person without having to use a lot of UI "guides" for reaction).
I'd actually not care about FPS mode that much if it was a predefined character. Then again, if that was the case I wouldn't be half as excited for the game.
Of course character animations are much easier to do in fps, because 90% of it can be simply ignored. But with the amount of effort that went into the game I doubt that was the bit that would've been too much to do.

Furthermore, CP2077 is predicated on a custom character avatar the player is encouraged to treat as their own both in terms of customization and that NPCs and the like will be speaking looking right at "you" etc. Overall, I don't have a problem with 1st person at all , but nor would I object to an option for 3rd person mode ; its clear that for things like driving a car or riding your bike, that is possible already!
That's part of the problem. What is the point of the character creator and customization if you hardly ever see your character in 3rd person? Will NPCs react differently to minuscule changes you make to the face for example? I doubt it.

Back