game feels awkward to me tho

[Yesterday, 11:35 PM]
blindlobster:
:( it is kinda awkward, i guess

[Yesterday, 11:42 PM]
erek:
i shoulda kept quiet about my observations
Why should you've kept quiet?

I was called a hater with made up developer testimonies earlier this year when I pointed out the reported problems in Cyberpunk's management.

View attachment 310337
View attachment 310338
View attachment 310339
I'll admit I was wrong and you where right, I still won't be putting any stock into those snippets though, the internet is a FUD machine and anon reports don't do it for me.

CDPR had my faith, they have ruined that and like all others before them will likely never have it again. This is completely a mis-managed development, another symptom of marketers making it to the top while engineers (in this case game programmers/designers) fall to the wayside.

Just had time to load the game a play a few minutes, works great and looks great on a 1080 at 1080p.
Hurt my thumb though, so playing it is hard can't give an opinion currently. Also got swamped with work again so it may have to wait.

I love how a lot of this Hotfix is CDPR going: "hey, community, those simple text changing patches you made didn't do shit, we know, we made the bloody game."

My experience showed the AMD thread one did use more threads to balance the loads and helped minimum framerates in densely packed areas...

However the one changing the memory json did literally nothing.

I'll give this patch a go after work tonight.

From the patch

PC-specific
  • [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
  • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
  • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
  • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
  • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
  • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

RT is overall a nice improvement, but some scenes, like the one at 18:02-18:30, look more realistic/natural with it off. Or the car ride, which seems too dark with RT for a daylight scene.

RT is overall a nice improvement, but some scenes, like the one at 18:02-18:30, look more realistic/natural with it off. Or the car ride, which seems too dark with RT for a daylight scene.
Seems to range from "pretty subtle but blatantly more correct" to "transformative."

Not sure, if anyone posted this before

How to Play Cyberpunk 2077 on Integrated or Low-End Graphics​

Tweak some secret settings and you even play Cyberpunk 2077 on an APU in your Laptop

https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/play-cyberpunk-2077-integrated-graphics

I ran my test on an Athlon 3000G APU, a dual-core CPU with integrated Vega 3 graphics that is way under what is logical to run a game like this and therefore a useful test case.

On a custom CAS value of 40% of 1080p on regular low settings, the game struggles to maintain 20 FPS in an open area of the city.

With all the changes applied, this climbs to a shaky 30 FPS, which is a tremendous improvement, even if the illumination glitches make the game difficult to play.

Interestingly enough even in combat, the game managed to keep things around 22 FPS which is significantly more than I expected from this little APU.

Last edited:
That csv file to edit isn't there on my GOG copy of Cyberpunk2077.
I don't think the file was supposed to still be used by the engine, and was a leftover from development. Pretty sure one of the patches, either 1.04 or 1.05 have both removed the file as well as make the engine no longer read it.
Didn't try or do anything regarding the AMD tweaks, I got an old i7.

Turn cascaded shadows settings both to low, really helps.

Last edited:
That csv file to edit isn't there on my GOG copy of Cyberpunk2077.
I don't think the file was supposed to still be used by the engine, and was a leftover from development. Pretty sure one of the patches, either 1.04 or 1.05 have both removed the file as well as make the engine no longer read it.
Didn't try or do anything regarding the AMD tweaks, I got an old i7.

Turn cascaded shadows settings both to low, really helps.
https://hothardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077s-105-patch-tested#disqus_thread
Cyberpunk 2077 V1.05 Post-Patch CPU And GPU Performance Explored

Yo1Zi1Y.gif

I said it before launch, and I'll say it again after launch - people's expectations are too high. They want everything, and they want it bug-free, and they want it from the The Witcher developers. No offense but you'd have to be living in a delusion to think the developers didn't bite off more than they could chew. Having said that, because I kept my expectations as low as possible, I'm super impressed by the game. Where was this "hold developers to a standard" sentiment when Oblivion came out? That game was buggy and under-delivered in virtually every way possible, and people treat it as if it's a game bestowed by the gods. Remember how blurry the grass was only 5ft away at launch? Anyways...I'm having a blast with Cyberpunk. It's a beautiful game with very in depth single-player component. Once the journalists milked their clickbait "super popular game actually sucks!" articles, a few patches come out, DLC, etc. - it'll be considered a classic. The sales already reflect it.

I said it before launch, and I'll say it again after launch - people's expectations are too high. They want everything, and they want it bug-free, and they want it from the The Witcher developers. No offense but you'd have to be living in a delusion to think the developers didn't bite off more than they could chew. Having said that, because I kept my expectations as low as possible, I'm super impressed by the game. Where was this "hold developers to a standard" sentiment when Oblivion came out? That game was buggy and under-delivered in virtually every way possible, and people treat it as if it's a game bestowed by the gods. Remember how blurry the grass was only 5ft away at launch? Anyways...I'm having a blast with Cyberpunk. It's a beautiful game with very in depth single-player component. Once the journalists milked their clickbait "super popular game actually sucks!" articles, a few patches come out, DLC, etc. - it'll be considered a classic. The sales already reflect it.
"Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles!" -- https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1341870244923645954

Also, CDPR has never made a shooter before. Maybe some of the devs have worked at other studios, but that team was not known or experienced in first person shooters. They did an amazing job.

Of course, there are comparisons to GTA V, well Rockstar has been perfecting that formula for 5 games and many DLCs. Cyberpunk is the first game (hopefully not the last). Even if they don't make a sequel, they can expand it greatly with DLC after the bugs are fixed.

Honestly, the silly physics bugs aside, it's probably the best game ever for me. Or at least my favorite game definitely. It is just so good.

Also, CDPR has never made a shooter before. Maybe some of the devs have worked at other studios, but that team was not known or experienced in first person shooters. They did an amazing job.

Of course, there are comparisons to GTA V, well Rockstar has been perfecting that formula for 5 games and many DLCs. Cyberpunk is the first game (hopefully not the last). Even if they don't make a sequel, they can expand it greatly with DLC after the bugs are fixed.

Honestly, the silly physics bugs aside, it's probably the best game ever for me. Or at least my favorite game definitely. It is just so good.
this seems more fun than the original high fidelity variant we got out now:

this seems more fun than the original high fidelity variant we got out now:

it's probably the best game ever for me. Or at least my favorite game definitely. It is just so good.

Anthony Gareffa of tweaktown tested cyberpunk 2077 on a 32-inch Dell UP321 8K 60Hz panel

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/...-8k-future-gpu-technology-required/index.html

when Ray Tracing ( = Ultra) is enabled, VRAM consumption is:
  • 23 GB with DLSS disabled
  • 17 GB with DLSS set to Quality
  • 15 GB with DLSS set to performance
  • 14 GB with DLSS set to Ultra Performance
Disabling ray tracing reduces VRAM consumption by about 2GB across the board

We have 38 FPS average at 8K with Ray Tracing disabled & DLSS Ultra Performance;
With ray tracing on 'Psycho' setting it reduces to 31.3 FPS on average

9694_102_cyberpunk-2077-benchmarked-at-8k-future-gpu-technology-required.png
9694_103_cyberpunk-2077-benchmarked-at-8k-future-gpu-technology-required.png
9694_104_cyberpunk-2077-benchmarked-at-8k-future-gpu-technology-required.png

I'm about 95 hours in now and continuing a stealth/cyberhack/suppressed revolver sneaky build and still enjoying it though I'm running out of things to do.

Mainly just going down the list of Iconic weapons to "collect them all".

It's insane doing 500k damage with a suppressed revolver to the head... Not sure how practical that is, however.

I'm about 95 hours in now and continuing a stealth/cyberhack/suppressed revolver sneaky build and still enjoying it though I'm running out of things to do.

Mainly just going down the list of Iconic weapons to "collect them all".

It's insane doing 500k damage with a suppressed revolver to the head... Not sure how practical that is, however.
Same build / plan I have. Until I mess up stealth, then mantis blades come out, jump/hit/run/hide/hack.

Not a perfect game, but it’s fun, and the world is amazing.

I just beat the game. Clocked in 126 hours, 100% completion. It is simply amazing.

The graphics are second to none (with ray tracing), story is insane, shooting is pretty satisfying, it really is the sickest game ever.

While I did encounter a couple of silly bugs with the car physics and such, I only ever had 1 crash the whole time, and generally the game worked for me.

I've never played any game this long. My previous top game was Left4Dead with 99 hours played, but that was mostly because I use it for testing all the time.

Most of my favorite games, I only played like 40 hours in (like RAGE 2 or Far Cry 5). There is a LOT of content in Cyberpunk 2077 if you go around exploring the side missions.

It's sad that they botched the launch of consoles, because the PC version is actually pretty nice. I think with a few more patches they can get it to where it should have been.

I just beat the game. Clocked in 126 hours, 100% completion. It is simply amazing.

The graphics are second to none (with ray tracing), story is insane, shooting is pretty satisfying, it really is the sickest game ever.

While I did encounter a couple of silly bugs with the car physics and such, I only ever had 1 crash the whole time, and generally the game worked for me.

I've never played any game this long. My previous top game was Left4Dead with 99 hours played, but that was mostly because I use it for testing all the time.

Most of my favorite games, I only played like 40 hours in (like RAGE 2 or Far Cry 5). There is a LOT of content in Cyberpunk 2077 if you go around exploring the side missions.

It's sad that they botched the launch of consoles, because the PC version is actually pretty nice. I think with a few more patches they can get it to where it should have been.
I agree, other than I have seen a LOT of evidence of missing features or half-baked features. I am not sure how readily that stuff will get fixed. But I have really been enjoying the game so far. I can see myself doing at least one more playthrough after I finish this one.

Back