Cyberpunk 2077 — Official E3 2019 Cinematic Trailer

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by odditory, Jun 9, 2019.

1. odditory

odditory [H]ardness Supreme

Release date: April 16, 2020

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  2. iRevert

iRevert Limp Gawd

Quite happy with that release date but I'd like to see some system specs at some point before GPU prices go stupid again.

AceGoober and IxGOxSOLO like this.
  3. IxGOxSOLO

IxGOxSOLO Agent of [H] Chaos

Yeah just the game show up on the Steam store but still can't find any official recommended specs, and given the release date I'm sure what I have now won't suffice. I'm pretty impressed with what I'm seeing though.

Edit: Also, cool to see John Wick 2077

4. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

I wonder if it'll support ray-tracing...the game seems like a perfect showcase for that tech

Armenius and Snowdog like this.
  5. Jim Kim

Jim Kim 2[H]4U

Damnit, I promised myself that I would not jizz my pants.

Seems I lied.

6. pillagenburn

pillagenburn Gawd

hooray for hooktube

Armenius likes this.
  7. 4saken

4saken [H]ardForum Junkie

And they make us want it even more...
    cant wait.

8. northrop

northrop grumman

April 2020 can't get here soon enough. Will be pre-ordering CE as soon as it becomes available.

9. seanreisk

seanreisk Gawd

The trailer made me smile, but I think I heard my video card weeping.

trandoanhung1991 and AceGoober like this.
  10. Factum

Factum [H]ard|Gawd

No answer yet:

But since The Wicher 3 supported GPU-PhysX I would say there is a fair chance of DXR support in Cyberpunk 2077.

AceGoober and polonyc2 like this.
  11. odditory

Granted that tweet was last September which really was too early since RTX cards had barely come out, but he gave correct business answer. There's no upside to announcing RT support,

a) before the game has gone gold and is finalized (lots can change up until and even after launch date, and CDPR got burned before on committing too early - W3 downgrade-gate for instance), and

b) RT is polarizing and lots of gamers kneejerk resent it because they feel the GPUs capable of it are priced out of their reach,

c) CDPR doesn't want Cyberpunk + RTX headlines because some might assume it requires an RTX card, or requires RTX for best experience and therefore dampens enthusiasm for 99.999% of gamers that don't have RTX card.

Goal of videogame sales is sell as many copies as possible.

IdiotInCharge likes this.
  12. Jim Kim

Jim Kim 2[H]4U

They can add RTX to the GOTY and sell it again.

13. IdiotInCharge

IdiotInCharge [H]ardForum Junkie

If they do it well, it will- but I expect that while the difference might be stark, the game as it stands will still be a graphical knockout.

AceGoober likes this.
  14. IdiotInCharge

I'm honestly not opposed to this. Microtransactions suck, but I don't mind paying for hard work, and getting good hybrid ray tracing going is certainly going to be real work.

trandoanhung1991 and AceGoober like this.
  15. odditory

I suspect DXR feature toggles will end up in the graphical settings, and some (probably hybridized) RT reflections will be sprinkled in because raytracing just fits the game thematically, but they'll de-emphasize RT in PR and interviews as they prob should.

16. IdiotInCharge

That's fine too. That's actually what I would prefer- if they could manage to implement / harness RT without a performance hit on RT hardware, or at least, have a setting that enhances visuals without a performance hit, and still be able to scale with newer, faster hardware.

17. 5150Joker

5150Joker 2[H]4U

Oh shit keeanu reeves lol. I've been dying to play this game. As fit RT, there's a good bet it will be there.

AceGoober likes this.
  18. Factum

Factum [H]ard|Gawd

A) CDPR have learned from the past (and the downgrade)...but know people whine because there is "too little info"...damned if you do...dmaned if you don't ;)
    B) RT is not needed for core-gameplay...and the buthurt people will stop whining when AMD support DXR...it's really buthurt fanboys you see whining over DXR (Because the only player in town right now is NVIDIA)
    C) CDPR didn't care about fanboys whining about PhysX hair, they won't care about the "anti-RT fanboys"...their actions have shown this.

And after The Witcher 3 (one of the greatest games ever) with 2 FREE DLC's...I trust CDPR to stuff the game with tech...despite what a few fanboys cry about ;)

19. Flogger23m

Flogger23m [H]ardForum Junkie

Considering how much of a downgrade Witcher 3 looked from the previews to the release game I wouldn't worry much. I understand why they did it, but I still expect them to continue that trend with Cyberpunk.

20. Factum

Factum [H]ard|Gawd

You want a unicorn with that "free performance" too?

Snowdog and Jim Kim like this.
  21. Factum

Factum [H]ard|Gawd

You should read up on what CDPR said about that and how they will do stuff in the future before stuffing your foot further into your mouth ;)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

Armenius and AceGoober like this.
  22. Meeho

Meeho [H]ardness Supreme

E3 cinematic snakeoil...when will sheeple learn?

Armenius, filip and Jim Kim like this.
  23. Derangel

Derangel [H]ard as it Gets

Chill out a bit on the fanboyism dude. CDPR blatantly lied, multiple times, about Witcher 3's downgrade. Them saying "we're not doing that again" doesn't mean people should just automatically trust them. Skepitism is warranted.

24. Youn

Youn [H]ardness Supreme

I was going to complain about the facial animation, then I saw keanu and knew it'd be more than up for the task...

25. Factum

Factum [H]ard|Gawd

The VXG photage was not pre-render, it was infact in-engine...they swicthed to another render, because the first had issues with ligthing (when scaled up).

Armenius likes this.
  26. Factum

Factum [H]ard|Gawd

Pot, kettle, black...you funny! :D

27. Derangel

The fuck are you trying to say?

28. Jim Kim

Jim Kim 2[H]4U

I was thinking about what unicorn farts smelled like, and the only thing I keep coming up is stripper apple butter glitter glotion.

29. Factum

Factum [H]ard|Gawd

That might be a catchy name for the GPU with FREE performance! :D

30. Flogger23m

Flogger23m [H]ardForum Junkie

In part this is to avoid another Crysis. The game looked stunning but ran like shit, even when it started to look out dated. I can run graphically superior games on modern hardware while Crysis 1 still limps along. Hard to optimize a game for hardware that doesn't exist yet. Often times we see games previewed with great graphics but they have to be toned down a lot so the can guarantee consistent real time performance.

31. IdiotInCharge

Not 'free'- it'd require hardware RT, I'm just positing that if they limit the reach of the effects, they could provide a 'low' setting without a performance hit. Ray tracing is easy, hybrid ray tracing is hard...

32. Red Falcon

Red Falcon [H]ardForum Junkie

The dark cyberpunk future begins in 2020... :borg: :cool:

33. Smashing Young Man

Smashing Young Man [H]ard|Gawd

G'damn, how'd they keep Keanu Reeves a secret? It was a secret, right? I certainly had no clue. That was big ass bombshell for me.

Armenius, trandoanhung1991 and dvsman like this.
  34. Factum

Factum [H]ard|Gawd

They are already doing "low setting RT:

Hence why they need to use the Tensor cores for denoising the final RT render:

Instead of them limiting it...I'd raher see them making a base-line RT...and then giving users the option to cranck it up...at the cost of performance...just like we could crank up AA (I loved SSAA) quality before shader-AA.

35. Factum

Factum [H]ard|Gawd

CDPR are good at holdning the cards close to their chest after the VGX debacle ;)

36. Mr34727

Mr34727 2[H]4U

I'll take one please

odditory likes this.
  37. Brian_B

Brian_B 2[H]4U

W3 was good - in my opinion that forgives any “downgrade” that occurred from preview footage. Good game trumps good graphics every day

38. Derangel

Indeed. The fact that the downgrade happened at all really isn't a problem. Shit happens, sometimes you overestimate or sometimes things don't work. The problem is how they handled it. They took the Ubisoft approach to it instead of just being honest.

39. sirmonkey1985

sirmonkey1985 [H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010

yup saw that and i was like ok i'm sold, pre-ordering this shit, don't care if they some how fk this game up.

40. RanceJustice

RanceJustice [H]ardness Supreme

I'm definitely in, but hope they don't focus too much on raytracing or anything else that requires proprietary Nvidia features. Ideally, they should use cross platform and open tech instead (ie Vulkan), nothing limited or greatly enhanced by one company's hardware or one OS.

I'm hoping for a Linux native version this time around, but I'm skeptical after the flop with The Witcher 3 and the unfortunate state of GOG Galaxy.

Neat to see Neo-Keanu , he doesn't often take roles in games unless its something he really likes, which bodes well for the title.

A bit disappointed by the release date, thinking it would be closer to late Q3 or Q4 2019, but if its equal or better as The Witcher 3, it will be worth it.

AceGoober, PeaKr and odditory like this.