Cyberpunk 2077

FSR 2.1 was added in the new patch rolling out "soon," among other improvements.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/46420/patch-1-61-list-of-changes

"fixed the issue where V's breasts clipped through clothes after changing their size at a Ripperdoc"

This patch also adds umbrellas "in various colors and shapes" that NPCs will use when it starts raining

the umbrella change is nice...adds to the immersion...slowly but surely the game is getting better and better with each new patch...it'll never live up to the pre-release hype but it's improving...hopefully the upcoming expansion takes the game to another level

:alien:

CDPR announced today that they are planning a Cyberpunk 2077 sequel codenamed Project Orion...

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-is-getting-a-full-sequel/

View attachment 516087
This is no surprise. For all its faults, and issues inside the studio, CP2077 made a boat load of money. Perhaps how soon of an announcement is the big surprise.

Depending on how quickly they can move assets from CP2077 to UE5, theoretically they could have another game out in <5 years. Maybe even as short as 3. However I'd really like it if they actually have a product that is polished this time and is more feature complete.

In all truth, we should be grateful a big-budget went into making a game like this, period.

Is it perfect? Not even close.. But at least it exists?

This is no surprise. For all its faults, and issues inside the studio, CP2077 made a boat load of money. Perhaps how soon of an announcement is the big surprise.

Depending on how quickly they can move assets from CP2077 to UE5, theoretically they could have another game out in <5 years. Maybe even as short as 3. However I'd really like it if they actually have a product that is polished this time and is more feature complete.
So quite literally an asset flip?

In all truth, we should be grateful a big-budget went into making a game like this, period.

Is it perfect? Not even close.. But at least it exists?
I bought CP2077 on launch day. For all its faults I would say that I've enjoyed it more than basically any other FPS game I've played since DX:MD. There's probably only a handful of FPS games that I think are worth playing in a given decade. And for me, they're all deeper solo experiences. I'd probably rate CP2077 somewhere around 7.6-8.4. I don't regret spending my money on it at all.

Sure it has a bunch of problems, but for all of its faults it still has dizzying highs that are really hard to obtain in any game.
So quite literally an asset flip?
Yes and no. If the next game is supposed to exist in Night City, it would make sense that a good chunk of the game at least has the same layout, wire-frames.
TBH, I don't think it matters all that much if they "reuse assets". It's more about "how" they do it than if they do it. It also depends on what is meant by sequel as well. They could literally build a second game in the current engine in RedEngine and that would be perfectly reasonable.

For other examples of this, you could look at titles like Fallout 1/2, Final Fantasy X, X-2, Doom I/II. etc. Just because a game uses some of the same assets doesn't mean it doesn't offer unique experiences.
I'm pretty sure that even between DX:HR, and DX:MD there are reused assets. Similarly there are likely a lot of reused assets from Doom 2016/Eternal. I'm played through DoS 2 and now I'm playing DoS 1, and I can see all of the reused assets between those two games too. It also happened a lot for Mass Effect 1/2/3. Doesn't mean any of those titles are bad or not worth the money.

"Asset Flip" has a negative connotation. In reality it's done in game development all the time. Games cost a lot of money. It doesn't have to be a "dirty" word. I respect companies that do it the right way. By doing this it helps them to spend more time on the polishing aspect of the title and less time on asset creation. And for virtually all the titles above, "asset flipping" is exactly what allowed their sequels to feel successively more polished even if built on the same foundation(s).

Last edited:
I bought CP2077 on launch day. For all its faults I would say that I've enjoyed it more than basically any other FPS game I've played since DX:MD. There's probably only a handful of FPS games that I think are worth playing in a given decade. And for me, they're all deeper solo experiences. I'd probably rate CP2077 somewhere around 7.6-8.4. I don't regret spending my money on it at all.

Sure it has a bunch of problems, but for all of its faults it still has dizzying highs that are really hard to obtain in any game.

Yes and no. If the next game is supposed to exist in Night City, it would make sense that a good chunk of the game at least has the same layout, wire-frames.
TBH, I don't think it matters all that much if they "reuse assets". It's more about "how" they do it than if they do it. It also depends on what is meant by sequel as well. They could literally build a second game in the current engine in RedEngine and that would be perfectly reasonable.

For other examples of this, you could look at titles like Fallout 1/2, Final Fantasy X, X-2, Doom I/II. etc. Just because a game uses some of the same assets doesn't mean it doesn't offer unique experiences.
I'm pretty sure that even between DX:HR, and DX:MD there are reused assets. Similarly there are likely a lot of reused assets from Doom 2016/Eternal. I'm played through DoS 2 and now I'm playing DoS 1, and I can see all of the reused assets between those two games too. Doesn't mean either title is bad or not worth the money.
Mass Effect 2 and 3 shared a great deal of assets between the two of them.

Mass Effect 2 and 3 shared a great deal of assets between the two of them.
I was editing my post and I added the ME series. You beat me to it. The point is though, it's hard to say that there are no games that the proverbial you enjoys that don't contain some form of asset flip. And a lot of games are significantly better for it.

"fixed the issue where V's breasts clipped through clothes after changing their size at a Ripperdoc"

This patch also adds umbrellas "in various colors and shapes" that NPCs will use when it starts raining

the umbrella change is nice...adds to the immersion...slowly but surely the game is getting better and better with each new patch...it'll never live up to the pre-release hype but it's improving...hopefully the upcoming expansion takes the game to another level

:alien:
1.7 is the patch that will have me replaying it. It's the big one that reworks the entire police AI system. Not sue until 2023 though. I played at launch and absolutely loved the game so I can be patient

1.7 is the patch that will have me replaying it. It's the big one that reworks the entire police AI system. Not sue until 2023 though. I played at launch and absolutely loved the game so I can be patient

hopefully they add the new Overdrive advanced ray-tracing mode in the same patch...that along with the overhauled police system along with new vehicle-to-vehicle combat are the final additions that will make the game complete for me and I will finally start my first playthrough

I finally started my first walkthrough now that I have 4090. Was going to wait for overdrive ray tracing, but could not wait that long. Playing on OLED, maxed out at 4K it is a sight to behold. It definitely illustrates that graphics do matter when it comes to immersion. I stop often just to look at lighting and every little corner in amazement at how far we have come in computer graphics. It adds so much to the immersion. I keep thinking how much mind would be blown by all this if someone showed it to me when I was a kid with a C64. Incredible how far we have come, and cant wait to see where we will be in 20 to 30 years from now.

That is.... disappointing. This 'expansion' better have a huge amount of content to warrant paying any money for after releasing the very feature incomplete "base game".

That is.... disappointing. This 'expansion' better have a huge amount of content to warrant paying any money for after releasing the very feature incomplete "base game".

you were expecting the CP2077 expansion to be free?...I always expected it to cost $$ the same as Witcher 3's Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine...cosmetic items and crap like that will be free but not a major expansion (the Overdrive advanced ray-tracing patch will also be free)

you were expecting the CP2077 expansion to be free?...I always expected it to cost $$ the same as Witcher 3's Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine...cosmetic items and crap like that will be free but not a major expansion (the Overdrive advanced ray-tracing patch will also be free)
Yeah, I don't know why this is a news headline.

It was always going to be paid. The questions were how many DLCs there would be. We're just getting one.

They promised small DLCs for free which they have delivered on.

Last edited:
Even on my modest rig, I started a new toon and ran into these vistas:

2077a.jpg

I'm sorry, but that's impressive..

holy frack they got Idris Elba for the Phantom Liberty expansion!!...introducing Idris Elba as Solomon Reed, an FIA Agent for the New United States of America...coming in 2023 to PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S...

Like the look of it.....is this expansion going to coincide with another massive overhaul of systems and fixes? I might finally have a decent PC to play this by the time of release.

It is pretty funny to see people talking about spending well over $1000 on a video card to play a game and complaining about it when it cost $60.

Reminds me of the complaints about how you must have to pirate the $100 copy of windows xp despite spending $3000 on your system total way back when... :ROFLMAO:.

Games are dirt cheap compared to the hardware costs, and they quickly drop in price. I paid $20 for Cyberpunk 2077 about six months I think after launch. (could be misremembering exactly when but it was roughly that).

is this expansion going to coincide with another massive overhaul of systems and fixes? I might finally have a decent PC to play this by the time of release.

I'm 99% certain that the overhaul of the police system and vehicle-to-vehicle combat will be patched before the expansion is released...same with the Overdrive advanced ray-tracing patch...the expansion is for next gen-consoles only (along with PC) and will have the features enabled by default

great time to upgrade with Unreal Engine 5 games starting to hit

Last edited:
It is pretty funny to see people talking about spending well over $1000 on a video card to play a game and complaining about it when it cost $60.

LOL, it's been going on for years. Thousands of dollars of high-end gear in sigs and it's "oh noes! I'm waiting for the $20 Steam sale!" With inflation and so many other variables, it's remarkable the games' prices have held as relatively steady and consistent as they have.

No better entertainment value for the dollar out there. Not even close. Just don't buy bad games. ;)

The game is awesome in a lot of ways they have fixed up quite a bit. I have had my Deus Ex itch quite well scratched and I am looking forward to returning to it.

I'm 99% certain that the overhaul of the police system and vehicle-to-vehicle combat will be patched before the expansion is released.
It's unclear what a "police system overhaul" will really ending up amounting to but seems like we've been hearing about it forever. I don't have high expectations other than that police will maybe spawn less instantly and out of thin air, or won't start emptying their clip after you bumped someone on the sidewalk.

I loved the game overall, but also wish they would've utilized MaxTac more as a nuanced and fleshed out nemesis for V - either as part of the plot with an infiltration arc, or just an existential pain in the ass that V is always at war with - rather than a simple boss with a lot of HP you might barely see the few times you hit 4 star wanted level.

Last edited:
It's unclear what a "police system overhaul" will really ending up amounting to but seems like we've been hearing about it forever. I don't have high expectations other than that police will maybe spawn less instantly and out of thin air, or won't start emptying their clip after you bumped someone on the sidewalk

they already made those small changes with an earlier patch...I'm expecting a major overhaul of the system where it's more in line with their original vision for the game...everything felt rushed at release

they already made those small changes with an earlier patch...I'm expecting a major overhaul of the system where it's more in line with their original vision for the game...everything felt rushed at release
The release was indeed rushed, there is a whole "underbelly" of Night City missing that was planned to be in the game.
A whole city under the city that they had to cut in order to release.

Cyberpunk 2077 Class-Action Lawsuit Settled For $1.85 Million

Cyberpunk 2077's class-action lawsuit from its investors has reached a settlement, and CD Projekt Red will pay out $1.85 million to plaintiffs...back in 2020, investors filed a class-action lawsuit against CD Projekt Red and claimed that Cyberpunk 2077's buggy launch state was hidden from investors--thus causing them to lose money...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/c...uit-is-settled-for-1-85-million/1100-6510357/

Cyberpunk 2077 Class-Action Lawsuit Settled For $1.85 Million

Cyberpunk 2077's class-action lawsuit from its investors has reached a settlement, and CD Projekt Red will pay out $1.85 million to plaintiffs...back in 2020, investors filed a class-action lawsuit against CD Projekt Red and claimed that Cyberpunk 2077's buggy launch state was hidden from investors--thus causing them to lose money...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/c...uit-is-settled-for-1-85-million/1100-6510357/
Holy hell, not sure what to even make of this..

Back