Cyberpunk 2077

I think you can at least go to 99.

Nice, I guess I'll add more points. I've played through like 5 times the regular way, now I wanna be an ultra badass. I've had some mods since people started doing it but mostly just QOL and appearance stuff.

Nice, I guess I'll add more points. I've played through like 5 times the regular way, now I wanna be an ultra badass. I've had some mods since people started doing it but mostly just QOL and appearance stuff.
I've got hundreds of hours in the game. I've done the same thing. I will say, that it does make the game's combat more trivial. Not that it was all that hard to begin with anyway, but it does make the game even easier when played on the hardest difficulty setting.

I've got hundreds of hours in the game. I've done the same thing. I will say, that it does make the game's combat more trivial. Not that it was all that hard to begin with anyway, but it does make the game even easier when played on the hardest difficulty setting.

I won't lie I am totally not interested in difficult combat at all. I get johnnys gun first thing and just blast everyone through the wall, mainly because its cool. I have a mod on that scales the damage to myself as well, I hate the bullet sponge from both me and the enemy. One or two shots with a high caliber futuristic gun is about all it should take unless you're a war robot like adam smasher.

at first I thought this new Overdrive thing was a feature with the new 4000 series cards but apparently it's not...it's just a patch for Cyberpunk which enables a higher level of ray-tracing...all RTX cards can use it but Nvidia is hyping it up as something only the 4000 series (with DLSS 3) can handle...I'm sure it'll be demanding but hopefully my 3080 can handle it at 1440p

it's also good to see CDPR abandon the previous gen consoles to focus exclusively on next gen systems and PC...now we are finally getting the game closer to how it was originally intended to be played with the reworked police system, updated graphics, new expansion etc...some parts will still feel incomplete but it'll be a much more polished and better game in another 6 months

Last edited:
it's also good to see CDPR abandon the previous gen consoles to focus exclusively on next gen systems and PC...now we are finally getting the game closer to how it was originally intended to be played with the reworked police system, updated graphics, new expansion etc...some parts will still feel incomplete but it'll be a much more polished and better game in another 6 months
I agree with you, though I will say after starting a brand new game on 1.6, right at the start of the game in the Maelstrom mission, it bugged out and I couldn't entire the elevator. Jackie walked through the closed doors and went up without me, lol. I had to roll a couple saves back to get it to work. Not a huge deal but after however many years of patches to have something technically game-breaking like that happen in the first hours of the game...kind of eh.

I agree with you, though I will say after starting a brand new game on 1.6, right at the start of the game in the Maelstrom mission, it bugged out and I couldn't entire the elevator. Jackie walked through the closed doors and went up without me, lol. I had to roll a couple saves back to get it to work. Not a huge deal but after however many years of patches to have something technically game-breaking like that happen in the first hours of the game...kind of eh.

That sort of stuff was actually fairly rare even in the early days. That being said, that specific mission is buggy as hell. I've had that one bug out to a point where I had to go back and restart that entire mission at least twice in five to six playthroughs.

My issues were different. The first time Jackie simply wouldn't follow me through the All Foods and I couldn't progress. The second time Jackie wouldn't walk out of the All Foods building and do the conversation to end the mission. That one sucked as I completed the whole thing but the mission literally wouldn't finish.

I think that mission bugs out so much because it's one example of branching storylines and even gameplay. That mission was probably rather difficult to code and I can see why there aren't very many missions like it in the game.

I'm liking the wardrobe function a lot. Now I can have all my ugly ass gear with stats and also look cool. Now if they could just take the next step and make the gear with the stats look cool... well.

Also getting a kick out of looking through the steam discussions, so many people just expect to max a game like this at 4K and get 120fps no problem with their 3070. I guess its been too long since Crysis came out for these guys to remember that some games can just crap on your rig and you just have to suck it up.

The spike in sales is due somewhat to the show, not just the update? Something similar happened to witcher 3, sales grew over 500% when that netflix series came out.

I'm liking the wardrobe function a lot. Now I can have all my ugly ass gear with stats and also look cool. Now if they could just take the next step and make the gear with the stats look cool... well.

Also getting a kick out of looking through the steam discussions, so many people just expect to max a game like this at 4K and get 120fps no problem with their 3070. I guess its been too long since Crysis came out for these guys to remember that some games can just crap on your rig and you just have to suck it up.
lol. Even DLSS quality cannot accomplish that with a 3090 or 3090ti

I can't wait for the Overdrive uber ray-tracing patch...I'll start my first playthrough when that drops...hopefully the police overhaul patch also is included with it...1440p G-Sync ray-tracing maxed with Overdrive RTX 3080 10GB

Last edited:
I am itching to play this. Gonna wait till BF to snag it cheap. Still have several other games I need to complete.

lol. Even DLSS quality cannot accomplish that with a 3090 or 3090ti

I know, but there are so many threads about the performance its unreal. I can get around 85fps on my 3090ti at 4K with performance DLSS and medium/high settings and it plays just fine. Looks good too with only RT lighting on.

CDPR announced today that they are planning a Cyberpunk 2077 sequel codenamed Project Orion...

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-is-getting-a-full-sequel/

CP.png

I believe it will be. That will make things a lot easier for the developers. It will allow them to appropriately staff the project team as UE developers are common. Plus, they'll have a much better toolset and support for the engine.

After Cyberpunk 2077, it is 100% the right move. Though I hope it doesn't have the typical UE4/5 stutter. Most recent UE games have it. The odd thing is older games on older UE4 builds like Ace Combat 7 and Insurgency Sandstorm run flawless.

At this point, it’s clear some things went pretty fundamentally wrong with the development of Cyberpunk 2077...sure, the game was simply launched too early, but it seems like it was barely tested on certain platforms and some features were promised without the devs knowing if they could be feasibly implemented...the result was a game that will probably never live up to CD Projekt Red’s pre-launch boasts, no matter how many patches are released

CD Projekt Red recently announced an ambitious slate of projects, including a new The Witcher three-game saga, two more spinoff Witcher titles from other studios, a Cyberpunk 2077 sequel, and a whole new IP...it’s potentially exciting news, but given the messiness of Cyberpunk 2077’s development, many fans are understandably concerned...thankfully, it seems CDPR realizes where they went wrong, as they’ve released a dev video in which they promise to follow “good engineering practices” going forward...

thankfully, it seems CDPR realizes where they went wrong, as they’ve released a dev video in which they promise to follow “good engineering practices” going forward...

That implies the opposite and that they didn’t learn shit yet again. CDPR needs to stop trying to drum up hype for products that clearly aren’t even properly conceptualized yet. Too much marketing, not enough engineering.

EDIT: It took them this long to realize they need to “follow good engineering practices”? Wtf have they been doing besides yellow messages on Twitter and endless “development” (ie marketing) video blogs. FFS.

Last edited:
Until CDPR can show they can polish CP they lost any support from me. I thankfully bought in well after the repair patches and I still found the experience lackluster. However the thing that really annoys me is that after the latest content expansion, things got worse. I now see a lot of NPC's floating in midair, I get series of playtime where all the colors turn neon with flickering and causing visual artifacts with the only way to clear a reload of a save. I also still have a quest with the homeless preacher dude in the ally that will not complete. Its like they are trying to give Bethesda a run for their money in long standing glitches and tests of gamer patience.

I started playing Cyberpunk 2077 again for the first time since early 2021, and I swear it is no less buggy than it used to be back then, possibly more. I've encountered gui issues and t-posing npc-s that wasn't a problem before.
Now I'm really glad I didn't wait with with playing it. It aged like milk.

I started playing Cyberpunk 2077 again for the first time since early 2021, and I swear it is no less buggy than it used to be back then, possibly more. I've encountered gui issues and t-posing npc-s that wasn't a problem before.

Your experience isn't universal. The game has far fewer issues than it did back then in my experience. I've got nearly 600 hours in it at this point.

I used to see issues like you describe. Most of the issues I see now are different than those mentioned above. They are far more minor problems.

I wouldn't say it's worse, but I have experienced quite a few bugs in the main story line (the parts that, honestly, should be the most polished since it's the MAIN STORY) that make me wonder what they've been doing the past 2 years.

I never really experience quest/story mission bugs even at launch. Most of the issues I saw were visual issues or problems in gameplay due to the poor weapon and skill balance, unfinished cyberware abilities and UI problems.

The lack of a police system and other unfinished elements were more jarring than most of the bugs.

That is the problem with some games being buggy. It is inconsistent. I too see a lot of the same bugs and the experience wasn't that different for me either. Better overall without a doubt, but the same minor issues keep popping up like you mention. The developers have already said that the engine was essentially unfinished and rushed. I doubt Cyberpunk 2077 will ever be a polished game, the foundation is flawed.

That is the problem with some games being buggy. It is inconsistent. I too see a lot of the same bugs and the experience wasn't that different for me either. Better overall without a doubt, but the same minor issues keep popping up like you mention. The developers have already said that the engine was essentially unfinished and rushed. I doubt Cyberpunk 2077 will ever be a polished game, the foundation is flawed.
It runs smoother, but that just could be the effects of driver optimizations since then. Main thing is, that I was excited to play it again, but my excitement quickly dwindled when I encountered problems I did not before. Like the UI completely disappearing at times, forcing me to fumble blindly to pick up loot not even knowing what I'm picking up.

Reactions: t1k
like this
This is one of those games I want to like but which leaves me too often feeling frustrated with it, so I don't play it anymore. Perhaps it will redeem itself with more patches or DLC or a better sequel. Imo it needs to differentiate itself more from games like GTA. I think if it took on a more eccentric quality and took a page from movies like The Fifth Element -- with its crazy flying cars world and other quirks -- it would be better off and more enjoyable.

The last time I played it I was causing mayhem, had all the police chasing me, then walked into a building briefly, walked out, and suddenly no one was aggro'd toward me. When my immersion is so broken like that it's hard to keep on playing.

Having said all that, I enjoyed the game enough to complete it 1.5 times.

It runs smoother, but that just could be the effects of driver optimizations since then. Main thing is, that I was excited to play it again, but my excitement quickly dwindled when I encountered problems I did not before. Like the UI completely disappearing at times, forcing me to fumble blindly to pick up loot not even knowing what I'm picking up.

I've never had those issues thankfully. Finished a lot more side gigs this summer, so not much left to do in this game for me anyways. I'll probably do the last few when the story DLC launches. I am doubting they will ever fix these bugs though, but the last build I played was fine aside from the typical minor issues so I hope the story DLC build is at least that smooth for me.

Haven’t played in a long time and my skill tree was reset when I loaded it up. Was there a balance patch that reset the tree?

Haven’t played in a long time and my skill tree was reset when I loaded it up. Was there a balance patch that reset the tree?
The skill tree had to be reset after large changes to it.

Back