Cyberpunk 2077

NVM, found the answer.

https://www.pcgamer.com/finally-cyberpunk-2077s-broken-police-will-get-a-complete-overhaul/

I have waited this long to play an unfucked version, might as well keep waiting.

yeah I've also been holding out...I bought the game during the last Steam Winter sale but still haven't played it yet...patch 1.5 seems like the patch that really turned things around with 1.6 adding to that...I have no issues starting the game now but with the news that CDPR is working on a complete overhaul to the maligned police mechanics as well as vehicle-to-vehicle combat it seems like that version will be the Definitive version of the game

but at the rate they are releasing patches it might be another 4-6 months before we see it...1.6 is also the last patch that will support last gen consoles so that means going forward the visuals and gameplay will be geared towards next gen systems...the upcoming expansion should be really good...if you haven't bought the game by now then you might be better off waiting for a bundle

Sadly I pre-ordered expecting it to be of the same quality as The Witcher 2 and 3 at release.
I picked up CE on release, spent +100 hours playing it, and have enjoyed every minute of it, with minimal to no issues on release. Granted, I was also fortunate enough to be able to pick up 3080 on release, so that also helped with the game's fidelity. The game missed its mark, and it was way overhyped for sure, but it's really not as bad as some people make it out to be... I enjoyed it.

The police system was without a doubt an incomplete feature. Essentially not even added into the game. But to be honest having cops chasing you 24/7 might kill the fun. Sure it was odd, but at the same time I didn't feel like I was missing much not having police chase me after every minor traffic accident or mission. Of course a game can implement a much better system than what we see in games like GTA, but I've yet to see something more involved and less annoying than that.

I picked up CE on release, spent +100 hours playing it, and have enjoyed every minute of it, with minimal to no issues on release. Granted, I was also fortunate enough to be able to pick up 3080 on release, so that also helped with the game's fidelity. The game missed its mark, and it was way overhyped for sure, but it's really not as bad as some people make it out to be... I enjoyed it.
You know you encountered the comedic bug of standing on your motorcycle, butt naked — arms out stiff in each side as you drove down the hwy if you played at launch!!!

Now that 1.6 is out, I'll have to update all of the mods I've enjoyed & try to play an unofficial "new game plus" with a modified save. Anyone know if there's a mod for NG+ that works?

You know you encountered the comedic bug of standing on your motorcycle, butt naked — arms out stiff in each side as you drove down the hwy if you played at launch!!!
The only T-poses I encountered involved NPC's... but it's been a while since I last played it, so who knows. The only other 2 memorable bugs involved cars. First one, I remember accidently summoning the car while in some apartment at the top of the skyscraper. Naturally, I expected the car to show up on the ground floor somewhere.... but no. The car actually went up the elevator, and drove through the door, destroying half of the apartment in its path, eventually blowing up while getting stuck in the kitchen. The second one, the car became unresponsive while driving. Upon exiting the car, it just continued driving a little farther down the road, and proceeded to doing donuts in the middle of the intersection, and again, destroying everything in its path, and eventually blowing up.

What bugged me more about the game is the small variety of NPC's. The city/scenery is beautiful, but seeing the same 10 NPC's everywhere in the city where everyone strives to be unique is just lazy and stupid.

Phantom Liberty is the ‘only planned expansion’ for Cyberpunk 2077

Radek Grabowski, global PR director for CD Projekt Red, confirmed to Polygon, “I can confirm that Phantom Liberty is the only planned expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 – i.e. there are no plans for more expansions beyond that”...

https://www.polygon.com/23340860/cy...liberty-only-planned-expansion-cd-projekt-red

Guess that answers my question. Disappointing because I would have liked a second one. At the same time this DLC will come out over two years after I finished the game and I assume waiting another year for a second one might be too long. Nice to have the story wrapped up as I don't like coming back to a game 2-3 times anyways.

I distinctly remember the Witcher 3 being trashed for it's launch state.

Was buggy even after 2+ years of release, whenever I played it. Also the graphical downgrade from the initial previews was massive.

supporting last gen consoles was the biggest mistake CDPR made with Cyberpunk...now for the expansion it's next-gen only but it's already too late, the damage has been done...unless they can somehow pull off a Blood and Wine type of expansion

Honestly nothing CP2077 did could not have been done on last gen consoles. Those played RDR2, GTAV and other similar games just fine.

Based on my experiences with open-world RPG's, there are basically two camps:

Witcher 3 / Cyberpunk = Great narratives (CDPR games are notorious for "talk-a-thons")
Skyrim / GTA V = Great open worlds (in these, I can skip 75% of the story and just go nuts doing whatever I want)

It really depends on what you're looking for in a game. Personally, if I'm looking for a strong narrative - I'll watch a movie.

Granted I've spent more time playing Cyberpunk than Witcher 3.. Primarily due to it's amazing setting.

It's not a bad game at all. Just merely boils down to what you want out of a game.

Based on my experiences with open-world RPG's, there are basically two camps:

Witcher 3 / Cyberpunk = Great narratives (CDPR games are notorious for "talk-a-thons")
Skyrim / GTA V = Great open worlds (in these, I can skip 75% of the story and just go nuts doing whatever I want)

It really depends on what you're looking for in a game. Personally, if I'm looking for a strong narrative - I'll watch a movie.

Granted I've spent more time playing Cyberpunk than Witcher 3.. Primarily due to it's amazing setting.

It's not a bad game at all. Just merely boils down to what you want out of a game.

I'm just saying from a technical perspective, CP2077 should work perfectly fine on last gen hardware. Plenty of games with similar features that worked fine on them.

I'm just saying from a technical perspective, CP2077 should work perfectly fine on last gen hardware. Plenty of games with similar features that worked fine on them.

The last gen consoles were basically low frequency AMD FX-8000's series CPU's with an HD 7850. (best case/comparison)

I'm not surprised in the least they weren't able to keep up.

I am thinking, I might start playing again but this time with my Xbox controller instead of mouse/kb..
CEA7AED0-B7EF-4589-AB0C-92D5F483B53B.gif

I picked up CE on release, spent +100 hours playing it, and have enjoyed every minute of it, with minimal to no issues on release.
Congrats, the level of sheer bugginess and incompleteness at release was still unacceptable.

I distinctly remember the Witcher 3 being trashed for it's launch state.
As already pointed out, most of the ire was directed at the graphical downgrade. The problems evident with CP2077 were on another level altogether.

Was buggy even after 2+ years of release, whenever I played it. Also the graphical downgrade from the initial previews was massive.
Not comparable in the least in terms of bugginess, and the graphical downgrade was very quickly addressed with mods.

Congrats, the level of sheer bugginess and incompleteness at release was still unacceptable.
On last gen console yes. On PC, it was nothing I haven't seen before. If this was the first time we saw the occasional T pose bug then I'd understand people getting upset. But the expectation was some flawless diamond with no bugs whatsoever, which was very unrealistic for a game of this scale. Nobody expects Starfield to be bug free, yet somehow that expectation was put on CDPR and CP2077. Could it have been better? Of course. Was it still enjoyable? Hell yeah. I finished the game three times before the end of January.
As already pointed out, most of the ire was directed at the graphical downgrade. The problems evident with CP2077 were on another level altogether.
That is some revisionist history right there, there were lots of bugs and game breaking bugs at that. You can look up the articles from the era if you don't believe me. And besides a graphical downgrade is much more egregious than some glitch that can be rectified, or in most cases ignored while playing.
Not comparable in the least in terms of bugginess, and the graphical downgrade was very quickly addressed with mods.
LOL, I have no words for that kind of bias.

On last gen console yes. On PC, it was nothing I haven't seen before. If this was the first time we saw the occasional T pose bug then I'd understand people getting upset. But the expectation was some flawless diamond with no bugs whatsoever, which was very unrealistic for a game of this scale. Nobody expects Starfield to be bug free, yet somehow that expectation was put on CDPR and CP2077. Could it have been better? Of course. Was it still enjoyable? Hell yeah. I finished the game three times before the end of January.

Yes you play lots of shitty broken games on PC, not sure how that non sequitur has got anything to do with my point. And fucking LoL and trying to draw any comparison between this and a Bethesda game of all things. Only delusional schizophrenics will be expecting Starfield to be bug free given Bethesda's consistent history of releasing games in utterly appalling states.

That is some revisionist history right there, there were lots of bugs and game breaking bugs at that. You can look up the articles from the era if you don't believe me. And besides a graphical downgrade is much more egregious than some glitch that can be rectified, or in most cases ignored while playing.

I didn't say there weren't any bugs, but they certainly weren't on the scale of CP2077. A change log for a patch is hardly an article, they get posted for every game and proves absolutely nothing. Here is a better comparison, lets look at release reviews for the games side by side and see to what extent bugs are mentioned or even described as a problem.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/12/the-witcher-3-the-wild-hunt-review
No mention

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-review
An entire section dedicated to bugginess

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-review/
No mention

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-review/
An entire section dedicated to bugginess

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review/1900-6416135/
Mention of occasional bugs and visual glitches

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/cyberpunk-2077-review/1900-6417622/
Bugs mentioned throughout - described as "phenomenally buggy", bugs in every mission and "bugs are obtrusive and substantial across the board, often forcing us to reload saves or exit the game entirely".

I mean even if somehow those reviewers were biased, dumb or dishonest, then surely if Witcher 3 was as fucked as CP2077 at release then CDPR would have publicly apologised for the state of the game, offered no question refunds, been sued by investors, faced backlash from staff and had its stock price tank....right?! Nope, that all happened in relation to CP2077.

https://au.pcmag.com/games/84391/cd-projekt-red-offers-apology-and-refunds-for-cyberpunk-2077
https://www.pcgamer.com/four-cyberp...dpr-have-been-combined-into-one-mega-lawsuit/
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-cd-projekt-from-darling-to-europe-s-basement
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-cd-projekt-from-darling-to-europe-s-basement

I think we know who the revisionists are around here.

LOL, I have no words for that kind of bias.

Brah that's fucking hilarious coming from you. I look forward to this becoming a pissing match spread over several pages which is what always happens whenever someone disagrees with your distorted view of the world.

No doubt about it, Cyberpunk was worse at launch than Witcher 3. However, CP was playable within around 6 weeks of release on PC. Of course, it seems like it would vary a good bit. Not all bugs will show up in every play through. I clearly got lucky, but it was a buggy but playable experience. I had things like invisible cars and the like. Reloading a save file fixed those bugs. Seems like there was still a chance others got more serious bugs.

Witcher 3 was still a buggy game years after release, even if the launch was smoother. Same general type of bugs as CP honestly.

I understand why they're going to UE5. Clearly their in house engine was problematic.

No doubt about it, Cyberpunk was worse at launch than Witcher 3. However, CP was playable within around 6 weeks of release on PC. Of course, it seems like it would vary a good bit. Not all bugs will show up in every play through. I clearly got lucky, but it was a buggy but playable experience. I had things like invisible cars and the like. Reloading a save file fixed those bugs. Seems like there was still a chance others got more serious bugs.

Witcher 3 was still a buggy game years after release, even if the launch was smoother. Same general type of bugs as CP honestly.

I understand why they're going to UE5. Clearly their in house engine was problematic.

I read their engine tech was not stable at all.

Every version was apparently a massive rewrite/rebuild, not an iteration or improvemen. So tooling was a nightmare.

Precisely. Mileage varied and some people were still happy to play through the game notwithstanding the bugs. I chose to wait particularly when it became evident that there were missing systems which once incorporated will hopefully improve the game's immersiveness. But to now claim that the state of CP2077 at release was comparable to The Witcher 3 is outright nonsense and revisionism.

people seem to think that just because they were able to play the game on Day 1 and finish it that means that the game had little to no issues...which is one of the silliest arguments ever...everyone is pretty much saying the same thing...the game is a 7 or maybe 8 on the high end...the difference being that the people who love the game are pointing out its strengths and giving it a 7 while the others are pointing out its flaws and giving it that same score

it didn't live up to the massive hype...doesn't mean it's a terrible game...not everything is a 10 or a 0 (zero)...a 7 is still a good score

people seem to think that just because they were able to play the game on Day 1 and finish it that means that the game had little to no issues...which is one of the silliest arguments ever...everyone is pretty much saying the same thing...the game is a 7 or maybe 8 on the high end...the difference being that the people who love the game are pointing out its strengths and giving it a 7 while the others are pointing out its flaws and giving it that same score

it didn't live up to the massive hype...doesn't mean it's a terrible game...not everything is a 10 or a 0 (zero)...a 7 is still a good score

Yeah I had only 1 minor progression blocking bug, and it was only progression for a small side gig that wasn't interesting. The good save system, which has something like 5 quick slave slots, auto saves and manual saves allowed me to load back 7 minutes and finish it. But I realize some people have had had more progression blocking bugs that I somehow didn't experience. That is the thing with some bugs, they aren't 100% repeatable on all set ups.

Started a new playthrough now that 1.6 is out. Beat the game at launch with very few bugs. Playing this time with a melee centric build. Forgot how taxing this game is at 4K. All settings down to high from ultra, ray tracing at medium. dlss perfromance - 50 - 65fps on a 3090. Tempted to drop Ray tracing to get the frame rate up. Looks pretty amazing on the C2 OLED at 4K. First time I played was at 3440x1440 ultrawide.

Started a new playthrough now that 1.6 is out. Beat the game at launch with very few bugs. Playing this time with a melee centric build. Forgot how taxing this game is at 4K. All settings down to high from ultra, ray tracing at medium. dlss perfromance - 50 - 65fps on a 3090.
Have you noticed what the bottleneck is? As a setting like NPC density had the most impact on framerate for my system for example, where most graphical settings didn't.

Yes you play lots of shitty broken games on PC, not sure how that non sequitur has got anything to do with my point. And fucking LoL and trying to draw any comparison between this and a Bethesda game of all things. Only delusional schizophrenics will be expecting Starfield to be bug free given Bethesda's consistent history of releasing games in utterly appalling states.
They are the same type of game, huge open world, with lots of interconnected systems, so they should be expected to have the same kind of issues. You are demonstrating the exact problem, the double standard.
You presented Wither 3 as a quailty standard is what made me mention that there were complaints about that, which triggered you very much it seems.
I didn't say there weren't any bugs, but they certainly weren't on the scale of CP2077. A change log for a patch is hardly an article, they get posted for every game and proves absolutely nothing. Here is a better comparison, lets look at release reviews for the games side by side and see to what extent bugs are mentioned or even described as a problem.
I have not played Witcher 3 at release so I don't know how bad it was compared to others, but I do remember the complaints. I was merely pointing out that it was far from being flawless and should not be used as any sort of golden standard on how games should be at release. I did not say it was exactly as buggy as Cyberpunk 2077, because I don't even know how buggy it was. All I know is that Cyberpunk 2077 was perfectly playable after the first patch on PC. I had a worse experience with Skyrim when it comes to those early days. And I'm not a fan of this idea that bethesda should be held to lesser standards, just because they are bethesda and "modders will fix it"

They do mention glitches, but getting hung up on bugs is more in the zeitgeist nowadays, where everyone has their nostalgia glasses on painting a past where all games were bug and glitch free. I however remember getting patches from magazine bundle CDs, or at 2K/s from the early internet.
Cyberpunk 2077 had more glitches than average, that's for certain, and according to reports unplayable on last gen consoles, which I also can't confirm or deny since I have not tried it myself.

But I can 100% confirm through my own experience on PC, that it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. Just like Mass Effect Andromeda all over again. Now if you are going to sit there and deny my first hand experience I can only laugh at that.
Is it possible I just got lucky? Maybe, but I finished the game 3 times, so then I'm three times lucky. Remember I'm not saying it was glitch free, I'm saying it was enjoyable and a great experience, hardly something I'd want to refund bad.
I mean even if somehow those reviewers were biased, dumb or dishonest, then surely if Witcher 3 was as fucked as CP2077 at release then CDPR would have publicly apologised for the state of the game, offered no question refunds, been sued by investors, faced backlash from staff and had its stock price tank....right?! Nope, that all happened in relation to CP2077.
I didn't say it was just as bad, I said I remember complaining.
I don't have to be revisionist, I've been saying the exact same thing since the game came out. I disagreed with those saying it is the worst thing ever then, as I disagree with them now. I'm not going to deny my own experiences with the game just because CDPR caved to the pressure and offered an apology for the last gen console versions. I was always talking about the PC version and the PC version only. The lawsuits and formal apology and refunds are all related to the last gen console versions, so why do you even cite that?
Brah that's fucking hilarious coming from you. I look forward to this becoming a pissing match spread over several pages which is what always happens whenever someone disagrees with your distorted view of the world.
Remember you said it's fine because modders could improve or counteract the graphical downgrade in it. That's a hilarious double standard to have, if we allow mods into evidence when assessing a game's release state.

But I can 100% confirm through my own experience on PC, that it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. Just like Mass Effect Andromeda all over again. Now if you are going to sit there and deny my first hand experience I can only laugh at that.

I going to say Cyberpunk was more buggy than Andromeda. Andromeda had bad animations (which were fixed but would always look off) and frame rate problems. Maybe a few minor bugs. But I don't recall much aside from those two things. Cyberpunk had a lot of other quirky bugs that were more than animations or frame rate drops.

Console versions of Cyberpunk were alpha builds. Essentially on par with Just Cause 4 (all platforms) and Batman Arkham Knight (PC) in that all these of these were unplayable at release. Honorable mention to Assassin's Creed Unity. All of these games offered refunds on the platforms they didn't work on, with the exception of JC4 if I am not mistaken.

Started a new playthrough now that 1.6 is out. Beat the game at launch with very few bugs. Playing this time with a melee centric build. Forgot how taxing this game is at 4K. All settings down to high from ultra, ray tracing at medium. dlss perfromance - 50 - 65fps on a 3090. Tempted to drop Ray tracing to get the frame rate up. Looks pretty amazing on the C2 OLED at 4K. First time I played was at 3440x1440 ultrawide.
This will be the first game I play as soon as I get my hands on 4090. Held off on it till 4 series is in.

I going to say Cyberpunk was more buggy than Andromeda. Andromeda had bad animations (which were fixed but would always look off) and frame rate problems. Maybe a few minor bugs. But I don't recall much aside from those two things. Cyberpunk had a lot of other quirky bugs that were more than animations or frame rate drops.
Yes, Cyberpunk had glitches occur more frequently. Most of the supposed bugs In ME:A I never even encountered once. What was the same is that both were crucified on the court of public opinion while actually being good games.

Back