Cyberpunk 2077

Stop doing the side quests and go straight to the story ones. A lot of the side quests are pretty meh.

They actually are fairly decent, but you generally have to progress further in the city and story to get those. Otherwise it is mainly cyber psycho rampage quests. But other small side quests are actually good and last 10-15 minutes.

They actually are fairly decent, but you generally have to progress further in the city and story to get those. Otherwise it is mainly cyber psycho rampage quests. But other small side quests are actually good and last 10-15 minutes.

It's not like Oblivion or Skyrim where you escape the prison/dragon and just instantly hop into some really good side quests, or just have a blast messing around with NPCs and whatnot without ever touching the main quest.

In Cyberpunk there are some good side quests and non-quest stuff you can do.
But IMO a lot of the side quests and random things you can do just kind of suck, or they won't be fun until you've done other things/got certain upgrades, etc.
Where Cyberpunk really falls short IMO is being able to just mess around and have fun like in Skyrim/Oblivion. The cop spawing system is just annoying and not fun at all compared to messing with guards in Skyrim, and the whole sytem they have built around breaking the law. Most of the NPCs are just randomly generated in Cyberpunk and messing with them doesn't have any affect on the game. It's very limited compared to an Elder Scrolls game. It's still a great, fun game, it's just not on the same level as an Elder Scrolls game if you're expecting that.

I had a lot more fun starting out with the main quest then doing some of the side quests and more exploring.

It's not like Oblivion or Skyrim where you escape the prison/dragon and just instantly hop into some really good side quests, or just have a blast messing around with NPCs and whatnot without ever touching the main quest.

In Cyberpunk there are some good side quests and non-quest stuff you can do.
But IMO a lot of the side quests and random things you can do just kind of suck, or they won't be fun until you've done other things/got certain upgrades, etc.
Where Cyberpunk really falls short IMO is being able to just mess around and have fun like in Skyrim/Oblivion. The cop spawing system is just annoying and not fun at all compared to messing with guards in Skyrim, and the whole sytem they have built around breaking the law. Most of the NPCs are just randomly generated in Cyberpunk and messing with them doesn't have any affect on the game. It's very limited compared to an Elder Scrolls game. It's still a great, fun game, it's just not on the same level as an Elder Scrolls game if you're expecting that.

I had a lot more fun starting out with the main quest then doing some of the side quests and more exploring.

Yeah but the side quests (aside from some of the bigger character ones) are generally short. Generally the side gigs have some lore to them. There is one where you interact with one of the radio/news reporters if I recall at their station. Not extremely relevant, but those side gigs help fill out the lore a bit. I recently did one regarding one of the candidates running for mayor. Not sure if that was added post launch.

Nah, those were both in from the beginning, and they are also some of the better side quests. Especially the mayor one if you pay attention to the lore.

Now that I finally own an RTX capable card, a 3080 12gb, I decided to give the game another go to see what has changed and what I was missing, graphically.

Well, wow. The game is fucking gorgeous with RTX on and runs way, way smoother with DLSS on as well. I have a lot more tweaking to do to get things just right, but the reflections and glowing neon everywhere really nail the cyberpunk aesthetic. The game looked pretty damn good without Ray Tracing but the benefits of it on are actually pretty noticeable.

Definitely not the amount that it cost to get a 3000 series during the ridiculous price hike though.

Also, the game dumped all of my levels and made me respec, which seemed a bit rude. It's been so long that I don't even remember what I was previously specced as. Lol.

They changed the heck out of the perks, so you have to respec because you'd be broken otherwise.

But CP 2077 is one of the games that is making be really want a 3080+ to do another replay, the videos I've seen make it look pretty amazing with RTX.

I'm half tempted to replay this game during the summer doldrums. Nothing else is coming out.
I know they re-did the leveling up system and have fixed a pile of bugs. Anything else different of note that I should be aware of?

I'm half tempted to replay this game during the summer doldrums. Nothing else is coming out.
I know they re-did the leveling up system and have fixed a pile of bugs. Anything else different of note that I should be aware of?
Off topic, don't know if you have played STALKER.If you're looking for an immereive first person shooter w RPG elements o play I highly recommend the recent GAMMA overhaul mod collection. It's free and I don't think you even need the STALKER base game.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Be aware that it's very true to Cyberpunk, so some of the worldbuilding is out of date. There are a ton of side quests that deserve full attention, but don't explore too much until you get a vehicle, there is at least one that's very easy to fail if you don't have a car. (RIP FlamingJunk)

It's demanding, and if you are not running a beast video card you may have to play around to get the performance you like, but it's worth it. The game looks amazing, the city is amazing.

Don't be shy about looking up builds, but the easy way to look at it is decide early on what type of character you want and max that. Don't spread skills around a bunch or you will be jack of all trades, master of none.

Be aware that it's very true to Cyberpunk, so some of the worldbuilding is out of date. There are a ton of side quests that deserve full attention, but don't explore too much until you get a vehicle, there is at least one that's very easy to fail if you don't have a car. (RIP FlamingJunk)

It's demanding, and if you are not running a beast video card you may have to play around to get the performance you like, but it's worth it. The game looks amazing, the city is amazing.

Don't be shy about looking up builds, but the easy way to look at it is decide early on what type of character you want and max that. Don't spread skills around a bunch or you will be jack of all trades, master of none.

I've actually already completed the game and did nearly everything there was to do. I was mainly curious what's different now vs. last January.

I've actually already completed the game and did nearly everything there was to do. I was mainly curious what's different now vs. last January.
Ah... Better performance, better driving, big changes to skills, more apartments to buy...

Ah... Better performance, better driving, big changes to skills, more apartments to buy...
There are also a lot of quest bugs that have been fixed. I only ever encountered a few of these in my 500+ hours playing the game, so that might not make any difference but it is another change. They've also added a couple cars and some more weapons and clothes.

I ran into one quest bug in my first pass ("Small Man Big Mouth") that wouldn't complete, but one of the earlier patches eventually fixed it. Beyond that, I had a couple quests that I had to restart to properly trigger one of the steps. For a game that large and partially unpolished, that wasn't bad at all. Feels like I break quests left and right in most giant open-world games.

I had two that couldn't be completed in my first run. I've not run into any issues with any quests in subsequent playthroughs.

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners | Official Teaser | Netflix

CD PROJEKT RED + Studio Trigger = Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, a 10 episode anime story...September 2022

So I finally decided to jump into the game at 50% off with a 25% off Ubi coupon. So far, I think I jumped in early.

Anyone else completely ignoring the hacking stuff and just playing guns blazing or stealth kills? The hacking makes the game far too slow and easy. They rely on the scanning stuff way too much.

I was mostly hacking and guns secondary. I kept my stealth kills going with hacking and not a sword.

So I finally decided to jump into the game at 50% off with a 25% off Ubi coupon. So far, I think I jumped in early.

Anyone else completely ignoring the hacking stuff and just playing guns blazing or stealth kills? The hacking makes the game far too slow and easy. They rely on the scanning stuff way too much.

All of the hacking and biochip stuff is incredibly OP'd. Well, at least it was when I last played. It got to a point where I was eradicating entire city blocks without even putting myself at risk. As I started getting bored with that, I mostly swapped over to melee and shotguns. A lot of the difficulty is/was level scaling related. Some stuff is just plain spongy depending on when you try to fight it. The same is true once you start getting powerful yourself. Once I was around halfway done with the story, I could fight just about anything.

I am finding this game overwhelmingly boring, does it ever pick up? Not really that far in but sitting through the conversations are knuckle biting level painful and stupid.

I am finding this game overwhelmingly boring, does it ever pick up? Not really that far in but sitting through the conversations are knuckle biting level painful and stupid.
Agreed the first bit is on rails. It’s much better after they cut you loose.

The first bit, before they really turn you loose into the city, is a tad slow. After that I was jamming on missions and messing up rival gangs.
Thanks for the heads up, will plow through.

All of the hacking and biochip stuff is incredibly OP'd. Well, at least it was when I last played. It got to a point where I was eradicating entire city blocks without even putting myself at risk. As I started getting bored with that, I mostly swapped over to melee and shotguns. A lot of the difficulty is/was level scaling related. Some stuff is just plain spongy depending on when you try to fight it. The same is true once you start getting powerful yourself. Once I was around halfway done with the story, I could fight just about anything.
Haha on my first playthrough I was literally clearing entire buildings in a couple clicks, though walls, from across the street. I remember thinking it sucked at first since the damage was shit, and then it gradually ramped up to absolutely insanity. I'd just speed up to gang shit, click a couple quick hacks, and drive away as cyber COVID burst from everyone's eyes and their heads lit on fire.

I kept one of those anti material rifles that could shoot through walls to mix it up. Comically, I had a non lethal mod on it so it could rip through nine concrete walls before bonking someone on the head just hard enough to KO them.

I was so completely broken that I changed my build so I could actually play the game since I basically removed combat.

Agreed the first bit is on rails. It’s much better after they cut you loose.
I somewhat disagree. The main plot was far and away higher quality than any side content or distraction.

The city looks beautiful and is fun to meander around, but there's not that much interesting shit besides sight seeing. It's just typical mindless open world affair where you clear an area or take care of some simple task that needed a hint of violence as lubrication.

They could have had no open world and I wouldn't have missed it much.

Patch 1.6

new Patch 1.6 is now available...dubbed the 'Edgerunners Update', it ties neatly into the upcoming Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Netflix anime, adding weapons and armor from the show...1.6 also brings some welcome additions and improvements to the game, including a transmog system, which lets you wear whatever outfit you want, without the clothes and armor impacting your stats...this one's been a much requested feature since 2077 launched almost two years ago

1.6 also adds some new character customization options, and you can now customize your V at ripper docs throughout Night City...one of the biggest additions is to the wardrobe feature- completely customizable wardrobe, new hairstyles along with new weapons etc...the Edgerunners anime series coming to Netflix on Sept 13th will also be canon to the game...coming in a future patch: a complete overhaul to the police system and vehicle combat

seems like CDPR's focus is trying to make the game world more immersive...full patch notes at the link below...

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1091500/view/3356892105055087107

Last edited:
Patch 1.6

new Patch 1.6 is now available...dubbed the 'Edgerunners Update', it ties neatly into the upcoming Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Netflix anime, adding weapons and armor from the show...1.6 also brings some welcome additions and improvements to the game, including a transmog system, which lets you wear whatever outfit you want, without the clothes and armor impacting your stats...this one's been a much requested feature since 2077 launched almost two years ago

what's more. 1.6 adds some new character customization options, and you can now customize your V at ripper docs throughout Night City...one of the biggest additions is to the wardrobe feature- completely customizable wardrobe, new hairstyles along with new weapons etc...the Edgerunners anime series coming to Netflix on Sept 13th will also be canon to the game...also coming in a future patch a complete overhaul to the police system

seems like CDPR focus is trying to make the game world more immersive...full patch notes at the link below...

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1091500/view/3356892105055087107
Video for the patch

I keep putting this game off I'm at Johnny Silverhand game is just too flashy. Maybe it would look nice on friendly oled display.

I didn't see FSR 2.0 mentioned in the patch notes....

That was the one thing I really had my fingers-crossed for, oh well.

I am thinking, I might start playing again but this time with my Xbox controller instead of mouse/kb..

During the livestream today, game director Adam Badowski declared that with patch 1.6 the game can now be "fully experienced as intended"...took long enough...but the game seems in much better shape now...patch 1.5 seemed like the big one which should have been the launch day version of the game

I would have loved for the police overhaul to be included in patch 1.6...that would have made this patch even better...hopefully the Phantom Liberty expansion takes the game to another level like the Witcher 3 expansion

Last edited:
2023 is a vague release time frame but I assume they don't want to stick a date onto it after the debacle that the CP2077 launch was. I am of course interested in it. Will there be another story DLC or is this the only one? I am reading conflicting things about future expansion plans.

2023 is a vague release time frame but I assume they don't want to stick a date onto it after the debacle that the CP2077 launch was. I am of course interested in it. Will there be another story DLC or is this the only one? I am reading conflicting things about future expansion plans.

CDPR has only committed to the one at this point.

I would have loved for the police overhaul to be included in patch 1.6...that would have made this patch even better...hopefully the Phantom Liberty expansion takes the game to another level like the Witcher 3 expansion
Is the police overhaul a community mod or something being worked on by CDPR?

Back