Cyberpunk 2077

part of me had high hopes that the next big update would include some truly major rework of core systems like law enforcement... but the other part of me knew that was pure fantasy. i guess i'll finally go for a complete playthrough now though since this is clearly gonna be as good as it gets until a paid expansion gets released. i did finish my first playthrough a while back in which i intentionally went for the shitty "skip all side quests" ending just so i could experience that, and wait for updates. even though it was a "bad" ending, i have to admit it had a lot of weight to it and kept me thinking long after i finished playing.

Don't worry about the FPS number. Just notice if the game feels slower or choppier and make game setting adjustments as necessaBy.
But there is now a benchmark built in so you can check your settings a little. I'm averaging 45fps with a 1080ti @3440x1440. I might turn a couple of things down later to smooth it out but didn't have time to play during lunch. Looks like there are more options now, but I could very well be wrong there, it's been a bit.

Deleting those files didn't change anything. I'm not sure what's going on. For all I know, they broke the game on Alder Lake-S. I have absolutely no idea what's going on with it at this point.
Seeing this I gave it a try, runs fine on my Alder Lake so far, still on win10 though.

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
well well, since i stopped at the character creation because i usually take something like 10~30 minutes to do it because is the character i will use during the whole game and i decided to do later because i wasnt really in the mood for it and i didnt went back to it, my first run will be at 1.5 then, cool, i guess

But there is now a benchmark built in so you can check your settings a little. I'm averaging 45fps with a 1080ti @3440x1440. I might turn a couple of things down later to smooth it out but didn't have time to play during lunch. Looks like there are more options now, but I could very well be wrong there, it's been a bit.

That is good to know. Don't think I'll bother with the download though and just wait for a big DLC. I just hope my old saves work with it, but at this rate I won't touch the game for another year.

Last edited:
So for me, now the Galaxy client doesn't recognize my install, its basically redownloading the whole game. Not a big deal though, the download is maxing out my 1gig internet so not gunna take too long :)

Patch 1.5 is how I want to play the game on my first run...this is the optimal way to experience the game for the first time...yes it was playable on PC previously but I don't think anyone can say that the release version was as polished as the game is now...nice job CDPR!

I can't believe how good this patch is, I was a doubter until now. I'll probably play CP2077 again after ER.

can you clarify what makes the game so much better with this patch?

just copying from another site:

1.5 patch introduces plenty of tweaks and new features which improve the game considerably...the game now features an improved Perk System, with all perk trees having been completely reworked with new perks...some of the new perks also bring some new combat options, like functional knife throwing

The Cyberpunk 2077 1.5 patch also introduces a new driving model, UI and menus improvements, AI improvements that make NPCs react to the player and make them smarter in combat...the map has also been improved a lot, making it easier to distinguish between main and side content...new content with free DLC in the form of new weapons available from Wilson's shop, new apartments, new customization options, the ability to change V's appearance at any time by interacting with the mirror in the apartment, multiple apartments and the ability to renovate them and more

https://www.pcgamer.com/enormous-cyberpunk-2077-patch-tweaks-almost-everything-about-it/

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of very relevant improvements, particularly to the perk system and driving model, wonder how significant they are.. Oh well, definitely wanna run that benchmark anyway!

Unfortunately the timing on this update is horrendous being between DL2 and Elden Ring.
Fortunately, I have absolutely no interest in either of those games.

I figured out why Cyberpunk 2077 wasn't working. Apparently, the Nahamic service needs to be stopped and set to disabled. For some reason, it causes the crash condition.

Considering the new patch hit and it's half-off on Steam, I took the plunge. I love that you can use wide-color gamut HDR with a slider in the game instead of the more toned-down sRGB. It looks absolutely AMAZING on the PG32 monitor at 1600+ nits. Like this game and monitor were built for one another.

Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.5 gets Ray Traced Local Light Shadows on PC Thanks to Partnership with Nvidia

NVIDIA revealed to have partnered with CD Projekt RED post-launch to improve the image quality of ray tracing in the game...the result is the addition of ray traced local light shadows, whereas previously, Cyberpunk 2077 only resolved ray traced sun shadows...

https://twitter.com/Dachsjaeger/status/1493657623836733441

Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.5 gets Ray Traced Local Light Shadows on PC Thanks to Partnership with Nvidia

NVIDIA revealed to have partnered with CD Projekt RED post-launch to improve the image quality of ray tracing in the game...the result is the addition of ray traced local light shadows, whereas previously, Cyberpunk 2077 only resolved ray traced sun shadows...

https://twitter.com/Dachsjaeger/status/1493657623836733441
Those screenshots are impressive, can't wait to see it in person. Local directional shadows were a weak point graphically in older versions but if those results are typical, this is a huge improvement.

Nvidia did this on purpose now I want a new GPU.
The shadow update is agnostic. You'll get the local shadows on an AMD card that supports ray tracing. They were added in both gen 9 consoles, I guess they just forgot to add them to the PC version.

official screenshots from Nvidia...

CP1.png

CP2.png

The shadow update is agnostic. You'll get the local shadows on an AMD card that supports ray tracing. They were added in both gen 9 consoles, I guess they just forgot to add them to the PC version.
I don't want to go too far off topic but I think you misinterpreted the my post. I'm aware the AMD cards support ray tracing. I suppose I my post was written to be moderately humorous but missed the mark. Anyways Nvidia has 74% of the saturation in PC gaming GPUs, so realistically most the GPU sales over the next cycle will continue to be in Nvidia's favor regardless of what AMD releases. Even though the margins of market share have tightened over the last year. So Nvidia increasing the fidelity of the RT, simultaneously increasing system requirements for said features, will then sell more GPUs (to consumers who prefer higher fidelity).

Back on topic, I think the new enhanced graphics features are awesome. I feel the new implementation of DLSS 2.3.7 is a pretty significant improvement as well in my limited testing, I felt the "Performance Mode" was a bit better looking than I remembered, the sharpening slider is most definitely welcome.

I don't want to go too far off topic but I think you misinterpreted the my post. I'm aware the AMD cards support ray tracing. I suppose I my post was written to be moderately humorous but missed the mark. Anyways Nvidia has 74% of the saturation in PC gaming GPUs, so realistically most the GPU sales over the next cycle will continue to be in Nvidia's favor regardless of what AMD releases. Even though the margins of market share have tightened over the last year. So Nvidia increasing the fidelity of the RT, simultaneously increasing system requirements for said features, will then sell more GPUs (to consumers who prefer higher fidelity).

Back on topic, I think the new enhanced graphics features are awesome. I feel the new implementation of DLSS 2.3.7 is a pretty significant improvement as well in my limited testing, I felt the "Performance Mode" was a bit better looking than I remembered, the sharpening slider is most definitely welcome.
Could u double-check that DLSS version when u have a chance? The DLL that came with my GOG 1.5 install is 2.3.4, odd if they're shipping different revisions but the update to DLSS 2.3.x is welcome regardless.

Could u double-check that DLSS version when u have a chance? The DLL that came with my GOG 1.5 install is 2.3.4, odd if they're shipping different revisions but the update to DLSS 2.3.x is welcome regardless.
You are correct, sorry I was at work when I typed that, just got home. Steam version came with 2.3.4.

Just tried this new update with AMD FSR enabled with my PC, so far impressed with the performance and quality, getting at least 80 FPS average at max settings with FSR set at "Quality" settings at 4K without too much noticeable loss of quality. Not using Raytracing on it though, not bothered because the game doesn't even look much better with it enabled without a huge performance loss.

Just tried this new update with AMD FSR enabled with my PC, so far impressed with the performance and quality, getting at least 80 FPS average at max settings with FSR set at "Quality" settings at 4K without too much noticeable loss of quality. Not using Raytracing on it though, not bothered because the game doesn't even look much better with it enabled without a huge performance loss.
Yeah, raytracing basically needs a 3080 or 3090 with DLSS to run OK at 1440p and above at meaningful settings. It does make a huge difference in the game though, especially at night time. Probably one or two more generations of GPUs before the high end can run raytracing smoothly at 1440p and above without DLSS or FSR. The few games that have gone all in on raytracing do look impressive, but they are very few. Probably need 2-3 generations of GPUs and maybe a mid-gen update of consoles for raytracing to become mainstream. Atm. it can only be run on a few of the current gen GPUs which cause most developers to only do minor features for marketing (e.g. raytracing in far-cry 6 made almost no difference).

It is nice that they added DLSS sharpening slider though, as the game was looking a bit too soft with DLSS quality in the previous version.

Yeah, raytracing basically needs a 3080 or 3090 with DLSS to run OK at 1440p and above at meaningful settings. It does make a huge difference in the game though, especially at night time. Probably one or two more generations of GPUs before the high end can run raytracing smoothly at 1440p and above without DLSS or FSR. The few games that have gone all in on raytracing do look impressive, but they are very few. Probably need 2-3 generations of GPUs and maybe a mid-gen update of consoles for raytracing to become mainstream. Atm. it can only be run on a few of the current gen GPUs which cause most developers to only do minor features for marketing (e.g. raytracing in far-cry 6 made almost no difference).

It is nice that they added DLSS sharpening slider though, as the game was looking a bit too soft with DLSS quality in the previous version.
I played the game when it first came out on a 2080 Ti at 4K with DLSS and a lot of the ray tracing enabled. It ran just fine.

Reactions: w35t
like this
I played the game when it first came out on a 2080 Ti at 4K with DLSS and a lot of the ray tracing enabled. It ran just fine.
I did too, but I recall having to keep raytracing to medium and turning down a couple of other things from very high to high, etc. That or play with DLSS balanced which I can't stand. I can only tolerate DLSS quality.

Wasn't until my 3080ti that I could play it maxed out without worry.

Although TBH, with this game, I really only found the reflections truly worthwhile at the time. Same goes with Control.

I did too, but I recall having to keep raytracing to medium and turning down a couple of other things from very high to high, etc. That or play with DLSS balanced which I can't stand. I can only tolerate DLSS quality.

Wasn't until my 3080ti that I could play it maxed out without worry.

Although TBH, with this game, I really only found the reflections truly worthwhile at the time. Same goes with Control.
"Meaningful" is subjective. Global illumination makes the most impact on this game as it should. Reflections are usually one of the first things I turn down if I need to look for performance.

I just didn't find GI that impressive in this game, because they had already spent so much time making good lightning w/ baked shaders in the key story areas. It's not like Metro or DL2 where it's a pretty huge difference.

My 3080 needed DLSS Quality to run OK at 1440p. Without DLSS it would run at around 45fps with tweaking settings so they didn't detract that much from image quality. Cyberpunk needs 55-60fps or more to not feel laggy. Of course some are happy to play at 30-40fps, but I don't consider that running OK.

My 3080 needed DLSS Quality to run OK at 1440p. Without DLSS it would run at around 45fps with tweaking settings so they didn't detract that much from image quality. Cyberpunk needs 55-60fps or more to not feel laggy. Of course some are happy to play at 30-40fps, but I don't consider that running OK.
Generally high-30's minimum is fine if you've got hardware g-sync. You can still tell it's low in FPS, but it keeps things smooth. Without g-sync I can't tolerate much lower than 60 fps, with it, you can go a lot lower.

Generally high-30's minimum is fine if you've got hardware g-sync. You can still tell it's low in FPS, but it keeps things smooth. Without g-sync I can't tolerate much lower than 60 fps, with it, you can go a lot lower.
Laggy as in there is a large delay on mouse movement to ingame movement. Doesn't really matter if g-sync is turned on or off as the render time becomes twice as large at 30fps compared to 60 fps. G-sync mainly affects tearing unless you are on a slow refreshrate monitor. My display has around 7ms input lag and runs at 240hz with around 7ms input lag so it becomes especially noticable if a game has high input lag. If I was on a slow 60hz or 120hz with high input lag then it would probably be much less noticable. People that mostly play SP games at 40-60 fps probably will not notice it that much either cause they are used to slow input response.

Back