Cyberpunk 2077

I cared so little by the end of the game I didn’t even finish it; sat it down once I got to the point of no return. Sure it did a few things well but what it didn’t do well it did abysmally. It’s probably the game I’ve been most disappointed by next to Fallout 4. Silverhands was annoying af too.
At least with Fallout4 i've got hundreds of hours because I can just screw around and build bases, etc. Can't do any of that with 2077.

At least with Fallout4 i've got hundreds of hours because I can just screw around and build bases, etc. Can't do any of that with 2077.
Only game I’ve ever enjoyed building a base in is Subnautica. Had zero interest in the base mechanic in FO4, and even though it had the worst rinse and repeat fetch/clear out quests in recent memory it still felt like a more complete game than CB. CB just felt like CDPR couldn’t decide what they wanted it to be so they tried to make it everything, and even though none of it was polished or even complete they released it anyway.

Most of the hate CP2077 got was because many thought it was pushed out the door too early.
Which is an absolutely fair and well deserved criticism of the game.
Well deserved at the time it was pushed out too early. We're well past that time. But it seems like there's a subgroup of people personally invested in never getting the fuck over it.

Well deserved at the time it was pushed out too early. We're well past that time. But it seems like there's a subgroup of people personally invested in never getting the fuck over it.
I don't know it kind of amuses me to come in here and see the same people making the same arguments every few weeks. This thread is like groundhog day.

On a different note. For those who are using mods, how are the mods? Do the break every patch? Do they offer enough mods to warrant a replay now?
I was hoping for some more DLC before I start in on mods but that still seems a ways off.

The problem with Witcher 3 is it ran off on tangents when it came to the story. Yes, the side quests could be detailed, but they detracted from the main game and made your actions seem unguided and pointless at times. It dragged on and on.
That's just open world games in general. The way they are structured, side quests always take away from the sense of urgency the main quest should have.

I don't know it kind of amuses me to come in here and see the same people making the same arguments every few weeks. This thread is like groundhog day.

On a different note. For those who are using mods, how are the mods? Do the break every patch? Do they offer enough mods to warrant a replay now?
I was hoping for some more DLC before I start in on mods but that still seems a ways off.
The mods are what kept me playing the game for so long. I still play it when I have time. I've got over 500 hours in the game and it's mods that keep my interest. As for patches breaking the mods, they sort of do. However, reapplying the Cyberengine tweaks mod effectively reactivates them all.

That's just open world games in general. The way they are structured, side quests always take away from the sense of urgency the main quest should have.
The only game I played that I can remember that actually used time constraints was the first fallout game where it would be game over if you did not find the chip in time.

The only game I played that I can remember that actually used time constraints was the first fallout game where it would be game over if you did not find the chip in time.
What I would prefer for open world games like this is a narrative like Cyberpunk 2077's where side quests don't generally impact the ending. When you complete the main story line, you can immerse yourself in the rest of the world and its side quests, which should also be thematically relevant to the main story or should connect to it in some way. You can have a few random quests that are funny or even ones that stand alone or are part of some subplot. That's fine too. Unfortunately, Cyberpunk 2077's narrative and gameplay structures don't allow for this. Neither do Andromeda's. Ghost Recon Breakpoint actually got this right.

Even stranger, Ghost Recon Breakpoint will allow you to kill one of its main villains right away and the cut scenes and story are designed in such a way as to allow for that choice if you can manage to pull it off.

Even stranger, Ghost Recon Breakpoint will allow you to kill one of its main villains right away and the cut scenes and story are designed in such a way as to allow for that choice if you can manage to pull it off.
Breakpoint got many things right, too bad they ruined it by trying to make it into a looter shooter hybrid. Of course they reversed that but the damage was already done, a game lives or dies by its initial performance.
I doubt we will see a third game in the series. They'll milk it with "live service" content while they can then abandon it, like they left Splinter Cell to rot.
As always the powers that be draw the wrong conclusion from the failure.

Wonder if this is the whole re-release thing that has been rumored. I'd be down for a replay depending on what is changed/added. I'm okay with the game as-is, but it's a little too fresh in my mind for a replay at the moment.

Breakpoint got many things right, too bad they ruined it by trying to make it into a looter shooter hybrid. Of course they reversed that but the damage was already done, a game lives or dies by its initial performance.
I doubt we will see a third game in the series. They'll milk it with "live service" content while they can then abandon it, like they left Splinter Cell to rot.
As always the powers that be draw the wrong conclusion from the failure.

They'll bring back the title Ghost Recon, but it may be rebooted again. The series has been rebooted at least 3 times, 4 if you want to split hairs. What it will return as is anyone's guess. Actually, as I was typing this, I just recalled Frontlines. It is another reboot of the series as a free to play battle royale game. So I suppose that answers what they have planned for "Ghost Recon" over the next few years. Ubisoft seems to be getting out of the single player market.

They'll bring back the title Ghost Recon, but it may be rebooted again. The series has been rebooted at least 3 times, 4 if you want to split hairs. What it will return as is anyone's guess. Actually, as I was typing this, I just recalled Frontlines. It is another reboot of the series as a free to play battle royale game. So I suppose that answers what they have planned for "Ghost Recon" over the next few years. Ubisoft seems to be getting out of the single player market.
Frontlines was announced almost 6 months ago, and it is recieved exactly as you'd expect: 80% dislike ratio on the trailer. It's as if they are unable to take a hint. And just double down harder every time.

But, but, but the experts here say there wasn't a major next gen patch coming?
No one said that. We said there wouldn't be a soft relaunch and the name change to "Samurai Edition." We all new a new patch and a release for the current consoles was inbound. CDPR said that ages ago.

Just watched the update announcement stream on CDPRs Twitch channel, looks pretty good. The immediate availability of the patch is a nice surprise.

So you don't have to give Gamespot any traffic:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/41435/patch-1-5-next-generation-update-list-of-changes

The PC-specific updates:
1644943123831.png

I fired it up. My previous visual settings were at least partially changed/tweaked, but I was able to dial things back in. Maxed out everything with DLSS set to ultra performance looked to be over 60fps. Car headlights look different, but kinda cool.
Gameplay-wise, the new ability trees reset my level ability points and so all of my gear got unequipped. I don't really recall how all of that stuff worked, so I'll mess around with it later.
My save was at the end of the game and I got assigned a boatload of new missions. Not sure which ones are real missions or just markers for new features and such.

I figure I'll probably just replay the game in a few months rather than messing around with these things in my old save.

No one said that. We said there wouldn't be a soft relaunch and the name change to "Samurai Edition." We all new a new patch and a release for the current consoles was inbound. CDPR said that ages ago.

WTF is "Samurai Edition" and who said that shit? So we all knew "something was coming" is a way to cover any scenario. Um OK!

WTF is "Samurai Edition" and who said that shit? So we all knew "something was coming" is a way to cover any scenario. Um OK!
https://screenrant.com/cyberpunk-2077-update-soft-relaunch-new-title-rumor/

Somebody created a different thread with the above link as a source. The source in the article is from a Reddit user who got it from a 4chan post.

https://hardforum.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-soft-relaunch-q1-2022.2016642/

It was also posted earlier in this thread:

https://hardforum.com/threads/cyber...ire-premieres-june-25.1998205/post-1045236578

should I finally play it? Or should I wait 1-2 more years until its 100% done?
I can’t see them improving much at this point beyond the 1.5 update with the game that is here. Anything else at this point would require reworking major elements of the game.

I can’t see them improving much at this point beyond the 1.5 update with the game that is here. Anything else at this point would require reworking major elements of the game.
idk they were making pretty big changes with witcher 3 even a little after Blood and Wine. but it sounds like the game is in a pretty good shape now.

idk they were making pretty big changes with witcher 3 even a little after Blood and Wine. but it sounds like the game is in a pretty good shape now.
I found 1.4 fine. Ultimately the game has fundamentally broke/poorly thought out systems that can’t be fixed without serious work.

So, the game wouldn't launch for me. I wasn't entirely surprised as my game was heavily modded. No big deal, I deleted and reinstalled the game. It still won't launch. Crashes immediately after hitting play. Great job CDPR.

So, the game wouldn't launch for me. I wasn't entirely surprised as my game was heavily modded. No big deal, I deleted and reinstalled the game. It still won't launch. Crashes immediately after hitting play. Great job CDPR.
Do the mods change save game / settings data? Might be changed enough that the game can’t deal with it.

this is how the game should have launched!...14 months later and the game has been overhauled...it'll never be on the level of Witcher 3 but at least now the game is ready to launch...too bad it's the same month as Dying Light 2, Horizon: Forbidden West and more importantly- Elden Ring

that's based on the subjective opinion of one single person who seems extremely vocal.. let's maybe wait and see a consensus?

also, the RT reflections were arguably too aggressive quality-wise before because they absolutely murdered performance (objective observation) and (subjective observation) looked too detailed compared to how reflections look in real life.

Also, that post is comparing 1.5 to 1.06 and there were already significant visual and performance changes made to RT in versions 1.1x and 1.3x

that's based on the subjective opinion of one single person who seems extremely vocal.. let's maybe wait and see a consensus?

also, the RT reflections were arguably too aggressive quality-wise before because they absolutely murdered performance (objective observation) and (subjective observation) looked too detailed compared to how reflections look in real life.

Also, that post is comparing 1.5 to 1.06 and there were already significant visual and performance changes made to RT in versions 1.1x and 1.3x
Yep, I said "appears".
Should have ended with fyi.

did you also delete the 2077 settings and cache stuff in %Appdata%/Local after uninstalling? In my experience with ultramodded installs, CET and Redscript stuff as well as configfile tweaks can stick around there and cause trouble.

Was going to say. In my opinion, the 1.5 screenshots look better. The light reflecting off of the ground in particular looks more realistic.

did you also delete the 2077 settings and cache stuff in %Appdata%/Local after uninstalling? In my experience with ultramodded installs, CET and Redscript stuff as well as configfile tweaks can stick around there and cause trouble.
No, I hadn't. But I'll try that.

My minorly modded game fired right up- I only disable a new apartment mod that would pretty obviously clash with the new V's apartment updates...

Deleting those files didn't change anything. I'm not sure what's going on. For all I know, they broke the game on Alder Lake-S. I have absolutely no idea what's going on with it at this point.

Back