Cyberpunk 2077

Just stop micromanaging your hardware, period. When I first got a G-SYNC monitor I stopped worrying about FPS, clock speed, etc. altogether. If I notice persistent performance issues after trying to tweak game settings then I'll try to find out what is wrong. I certainly wouldn't be complaining about FPS drops that bottom out in the 60s.
This is not [H]ard at all and you can go to Hell!

(I don't manually tweak anything these days, too lazy, and too in love with stability with default boosting)

No way overclocking a 3090 gets from 60 to 80fps.Obviously something else that's different. Not sure what.

No way overclocking a 3090 gets from 60 to 80fps.Obviously something else that's different. Not sure what.
Depends on the 3090, mine has some weird throttling points that dissapear with an overclock.

I suggest playing with your own system first, overclock everything to a stable level, then see what your getting.

So i run again game, go to moment when you go out from hotel at beggining and look at street. Get now 70-73fps then forward 80.I think its fine now. I am on RT ULTRA, ALL maxed,DLSS QUALITY ,1440P.

Maybe it was because specific day time cycle of day.

So i run again game, go to moment when you go out from hotel at beggining and look at street. Get now 70-73fps then forward 80.I think its fine now. I am on RT ULTRA, ALL maxed,DLSS QUALITY ,1440P.

Maybe it was because specific day time cycle of day.
Yeah, as mentioned Cyber'77 can be all over the place with performance. Time of day and what the crowd / traffic system is deciding to do can make a big difference. You're good, enjoy the game!

So overall 60-70fps is normal on RT Ultra, 1440P ,DLSS QUALITY in most crowded areas? Stock 3090 and 10850K stock. I cant complain about performance in other games also 3dmark scores. Just asking

So overall 60-70fps is normal on RT Ultra, 1440P ,DLSS QUALITY in most crowded areas? Stock 3090 and 10850K stock. I cant complain about performance in other games also 3dmark scores. Just asking
Sounds right. A friend with a 3080 and 3700X is getting about 70fps with RT High, DLSS Balanced at 1440P so your results seem reasonable for a 3090 and similar CPU.

Sounds right. A friend with a 3080 and 3700X is getting about 70fps with RT High, DLSS Balanced at 1440P so your results seem reasonable for a 3090 and similar CPU.
Oooooooooki thank you. Maybe after gpu oc i will gain 5fps. But i prefer stock gpu so no oc ;)

Unless your RTX 3090 is consistently staying at core temperatures of over 90*, Hotspot temperatures of over 100*, memory temperatures of over 105* for the entire gaming session, it's not overheating. Overheating is diagnosed with temperature sensor readings and on modern card usually won't show this kind of artifact (you'll know when your GPU is failing because it'll look like Space Invaders)

Cyberpunk 2077 has a lot of visual artifacts like that due to its temporal anti-aliasing method, DLSS, and loads of effects in general. It's not your graphics card, I have seen those artifacts playing 2077 with 6 different GPUs. I touched on this before in the Control thread, but modern games, especially ones with DLSS, are using extremely complex multistep rendering pipelines with lots of transparency, scaling, reconstruction, etc and there will be visual artifacts.

To minimize visual artifacts in Cyber'77:
- use high resolution like 2160P or higher
- disable DLSS
- disable chromatic aberration, lens flare, and film grain
- disable screenspace reflections, use either RTX or the basic environment mapped ones
- disable TAA using a tweak in the rendering.ini configfile
- ensure that Anistrophic filtering is set to maximum

That's pretty severe tho, and will have other visual and performance implications.

Do you have a statistics overlay that allows you to see your GPU temperature in-game? Setting up a toggleable overlay that will show you vital statistics may help reassure that your GPU is still ok.
I am gettin sometimes black textures flicker on buildings. Is this normal ?

I'd concur trying to use this game to measure overclock & getting performance targets is going to be a nightmare. This is an older engine that has tons of issues with how it's handling everything, and all the RT features are just bolted on top. If you want a game that better utilizes RT features and an engine that isn't complete garbage DL2 might be the better choice for measurements.

I think the main quest is mediocre at best and outright downer. I've had much more fun with the game on my second playthrough ignoring it completely and focusing on side quests. I didn't even want to complete the main quest a second time. CDPR ruined the replayability of the game to me by making the main quest end in such a manner.

Most of the side quests weren't really side quests, much like the ones in Mass Effect 2. Technically they are, but you'd miss too much of the main story by skipping them. It generally blended so well with the main quest (minus some focus issues) that I can't tell you which were side quests or main story quests. The smaller side activities are more like real side quests, and those are worth playing to. Of course you'll see a pattern and find that many are the same style and you can skip those.

Most of the side quests weren't really side quests, much like the ones in Mass Effect 2. Technically they are, but you'd miss too much of the main story by skipping them. It generally blended so well with the main quest (minus some focus issues) that I can't tell you which were side quests or main story quests. The smaller side activities are more like real side quests, and those are worth playing to. Of course you'll see a pattern and find that many are the same style and you can skip those.
I'm talking about the actual sidequests that have zero connection to the main story. Branching storylines are not really sidequests even if they don't directly move forward the main story, they come up as part of the main quest.

What I originally wanted from CP2077 is the freedom to be an actual mercenary in an open world, and only the optional sidequests fulfill that, if I forget that the main story and it's time crunch and most importantly silvertongue exists at all.

I'm talking about the actual sidequests that have zero connection to the main story. Branching storylines are not really sidequests even if they don't directly move forward the main story, they come up as part of the main quest.

What I originally wanted from CP2077 is the freedom to be an actual mercenary in an open world, and only the optional sidequests fulfill that, if I forget that the main story and it's time crunch and most importantly silvertongue exists at all.
Sidequests in Witcher 3 were way better. It's the biggest fault of this game.

It's really not.
I could personally overlook all the other issues if it at least had decent sidequests like Witcher 3. It's the key reason why I was hyped for this game, and it failed at that in spectacular fashion.

I could personally overlook all the other issues if it at least had decent sidequests like Witcher 3. It's the key reason why I was hyped for this game, and it failed at that in spectacular fashion.
Except, it doesn't. There are some side quests that aren't great but there are a lot of good ones with their own miniarchs that tie into the main quest at least thematically. The bigger problem with this game is the narrative trap that's basically any of the endings and the game's lack of polish and unfinished features.

Except, it doesn't. There are some side quests that aren't great but there are a lot of good ones with their own miniarchs that tie into the main quest at least thematically. The bigger problem with this game is the narrative trap that's basically any of the endings and the game's lack of polish and unfinished features.
I hear people say this constantly, and I completely disagree. This game doesn't have stuff that comes near the impact & writing of Witcher 3. Nor does it have the awesome monster hunt quests that Witcher 3 had that actually made you feel like.. A Witcher.

This game had the stupid chase the cars around quests, the meth addict pyscho royal rumbles, and a smattering of other stuff that barely impacts/touches on the main story line, really.

This game didn't have, for instance, that amazing tower plague maiden side-quest, the entire optional Baron quest w/ the baby, or any number of other highly impactful and cool quests that Witcher 3 had. Shit, even the card game side-game quests in Witcher 3 were fun.

Yes, you then couple that with the awful weapon/loot/drop system, and broke-ass ability trees with many useless features among other half-baked ideas, and the game doesn't come near the brilliance that is W3.

Last edited:
I hear people say this constantly, and I completely disagree. This game doesn't have stuff that comes near the impact & writing of Witcher 3. Nor does it have the awesome monster hunt quests that Witcher 3 had that actually made you feel like.. A Witcher.

This game had the stupid chase the cars around quests, the meth addict pyscho royal rumbles, and a smattering of other stuff that barely impacts/touches on the main story line, really.

This game didn't have, for instance, that amazing tower plague maiden side-quest, the entire optional Baron quest w/ the baby, or any number of other highly impactful and cool quests that Witcher 3 had. Shit, even the card game side-game quests in Witcher 3 were fun.

Yes, you then couple that with the awful weapon/loot/drop system, and broke-ass ability trees with many useless features among other half-baked ideas, and the game doesn't come near the brilliance that is W3.
I've never played the Witcher 3 so I can't speak to that. However, there were good side quests like the one about the mayor getting his mind overwritten as well as the one about the former mayor's murder. There are lots of good ones if you pay attention.

Yeah, what you call awesome was the last straw for me that broke the horse's back.

I've never played the Witcher 3 so I can't speak to that. However, there were good side quests like the one about the mayor getting his mind overwritten as well as the one about the former mayor's murder. There are lots of good ones if you pay attention.
The only reason you're arguing is because you HAVEN'T played The Witcher 3. The quality of side quests between TW3 and CP2077 isn't even close. TW3 has side quests that are better than entire games.

The only reason you're arguing is because you HAVEN'T played The Witcher 3. The quality of side quests between TW3 and CP2077 isn't even close. TW3 has side quests that are better than entire games.
If you actually read what I said, I never argued for or against your position concerning the quality of the Witcher 3's side quests. I simply stated that there are good, well written side quests in Cyberpunk 2077 and that the quality of the side quests are not remotely close to the game's biggest problem, which is what you had claimed.

well well, time to start playing this now, i got it at launch, then i decided to wait. i cant really remember the reason for postponing it, i think it was the never ending patches and people complaining about it, or i had something else to play, probably both

I predicted before CP2077 even came out that TW3 fans will hate on it.

I predicted before CP2077 even came out that TW3 fans will hate on it.
I'm a fan of all 3 witcher games and not hating on it. Most of the hate CP2077 got was because many thought it was pushed out the door too early.

Yep, I have yet to play it. Most of the issues should be worked out by now.
Yes and no. Many of the technical issues with stability, performance and most of the quest bugs are fixed. However, weapon, ability and gear balance is a complete mess. The game still has unfinished systems relating to everything from the police system to the physics engine.

Yes and no. Many of the technical issues with stability, performance and most of the quest bugs are fixed. However, weapon, ability and gear balance is a complete mess. The game still has unfinished systems relating to everything from the police system to the physics engine.
Yeah, that's the biggest issue. Bugs are fixed, but there are core game aspects that are just poorly thought out that will likely never be 'fixed'.

The problem with Witcher 3 is it ran off on tangents when it came to the story. Yes, the side quests could be detailed, but they detracted from the main game and made your actions seem unguided and pointless at times. It dragged on and on. Cyberpunk has similar quality side quests, there are just fewer of them. Cyberpunk at times looses its focus to, but does a better job of staying on track and the side missions have more relevance to the main quest. The Aldecaldos side quests were just as good as any Witcher side quest.

I cared so little by the end of the game I didn’t even finish it; sat it down once I got to the point of no return. Sure it did a few things well but what it didn’t do well it did abysmally. It’s probably the game I’ve been most disappointed by next to Fallout 4. Silverhands was annoying af too.

Back