Cyberpunk 2077

I've been playing at 4K on an RTX 3060. Had to reduce settings, DLSS performance, and no ray tracing, but still looks great. I was surprised that the 3060 is basically a 4K card.

Yeah.. based on what I've seen/read, DLSS is almost a requirement.

- Granted, I can run 2077 @ 1080p with everything on High except Fog stuff set to Medium and SSR turned off, but even then I have to cap it at 50 fps /w G-Sync for a smooth experience....

After buying the game launch-day, I finally uninstalled it late last week until I take my PTO in Feb and have the opportunity to get in line at the crack-of-dawn at my local MicroCenter

Yeah, when Cyberpunk 2077 came out I was obsessed. I stayed up for several days at a time just playing it.

I am probably the only one that is waiting for GOTY edition and nvidia 4 series to run this properly in 4k. My 3080 should suffice in 4K but not with raytracing at max and DLSS @ quality.

Because it's a bad idea.

By the time 4000 series cards are out much better looking games will be out. We've already seen UE5 demos that blow this away like the Matrix 4 promo thing that runs on consoles with inferior hardware to your 3080.

You're better off playing it now with the hardware it was made on. The longer you wait the more underwhelming it will be.

Yeah.. based on what I've seen/read, DLSS is almost a requirement.

- Granted, I can run 2077 @ 1080p with everything on High except Fog stuff set to Medium and SSR turned off, but even then I have to cap it at 50 fps /w G-Sync for a smooth experience....

After buying the game launch-day, I finally uninstalled it late last week until I take my PTO in Feb and have the opportunity to get in line at the crack-of-dawn at my local MicroCenter
I wouldn't say that DLSS is (almost) a requirement, I play at 1440p 144Hz and the game looks amazing. I just don't think it's worth spending over $1000 for a 3xxx card right now when the game looks this good without DLSS....sure it looks even better with it, but for me not $1k's worth. Besides, once I got over the eye candy aspect and I was immersed in the story I stopped paying attention so much to the scenery...

So I completed and finished the game. That was fast. Over quicker than expected. But I know I can now go back and do a ton of side quests and stuff?

I will say I went in with very low expectations for this game, the bad reviews and piss poor launch scared me away. But a year later and on sale for $19, I said what the heck give it a whirl, to see the RTX Ray Tracing and stuff, and I love Blade Runner stuff, and Road Warrior, which this game almost seem a combo of in a way. At first the game was overwhelming for me, was very confused, never having played this type of game before, but then I got sucked in, and really like it now.

This game is like sitting down to read a good book, or watch a mystery movie to solve. The graphics were great, but once inside the buildings it just looked ok, the city stuff look really neat.

Not sure why this game gets trashed, it's really good in my opinion. I'd easily rate it a 4 / 5.

And the graphics being great in some areas, but just mediocre in others, I bet Unreal 5 engine blows this way. But whatever, the graphics were super cool Cyberpunk 2077. Great game, looking forward to a DLC or expansion.

Nice. The game is really good. It had a rocky launch (especially on consoles) but after the patches on PC it plays pretty good.

Honestly I think people just had too high expectations of the game (and the CDPR marketing didn't help things). If you go in with no expectations it's actually a fun time.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a fun single player story / quest game, with a great city to explore and cool outer rual areas. Has fun first person shooter stuff, good quests, great main storyline, and cars and motorcycles to drive.

Now did this game live up to the original design showed a few years ago? Probably not. But as single shooter it's really good.

Is there future content planned like expansions or anything?

Last edited:
If you go in with no expectations it's actually a fun time.
It's OK to have expectations, just don't expect completely new or groundbreaking features. And definitely don't expect GTA style gameplay and you'll be fine. This is more like skyrim than GTA.

Not sure why this game gets trashed, it's really good in my opinion. I'd easily rate it a 4 / 5.
i'm pretty sure most of the thrashing is by influencers going for hateclicks and their viewers with confirmation bias, who never even played the game. Like we've seen happen many times before.

I am surprised how fast I completed the game. Only reached level 20, and I just bought the game last week. It was a fast main story to go through, thought it would be longer.

So now what? Just go back and do a million side quests I never completed or new missions to find?

I am surprised how fast I completed the game. Only reached level 20, and I just bought the game last week. It was a fast main story to go through, thought it would be longer.

So now what? Just go back and do a million side quests I never completed or new missions to find?
Id argue some of the side quests are the best quests in the game. Depending on which side quests you did or did not do you may not have even had all of the options open for the ending. You could play them now. You could roll a new character with a new build and try a different style and play them with that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...punk_2077_dlc_big_patch_anime_leaks_and_more/

>cyberpunk next gen/patch 1.5 will be treated as a soft relaunch for the game. game will be renamed Cyberpunk 2077: Samurai Edition

>cdpr will do a big livestream around february to reveal the patch, the cyberpunk anime and the first expansion

>new patch features: barbershops, a garage, improved AI, transmog system, a complete rebalancing of the loot system, new UI

>the promised free dlc will be bundled in and includes 4 new weapons, new game plus, appartment customization, new gigs

>tons of small stuff like judy and panam sending you more text messages during the course of the game

>first expansion takes place in pacifica which is actually quiet huge

>you walk around and do quests in what is called the "combat zone"

>the combat zone is being fought over by two new gangs: the Bozos (violent clown psychopaths with a sick sense of humour) and a gang called Slaughterhouse (violent psychopath fascists)

>walking around the combat zone feels very inspired by the game s.t.a.l.k.e.r.

>cyberpunk will get it's own gwent like mini game, it involves going to cyberspace and controlling and collecting monster which you can send to jrpg like battles, also has multiplayer

>one of the monsters looks like the reaper, another one i saw looks like an oni

>the cyberpunk anime called Cyberpunk 2077: Edgerunners is made by Studio Trigger with writing and story made by CDPR themselves. it looks absolutly insane. Beautiful 2D animation that reminds me of Akira.

>another expansion is in early stages of planning but will only be released if the first expansion is a succes

I have not been keeping up with this game's evolution, played it when it first came out and completed a Streetkid runthrough (or whatever that called). Any reason to give it a go again at this point?

Reactions: DPI
like this
So a little confused. I completed the game and it said you could start over do side quests with the same character.

Which I did but the first quest send me to that Asian woman, the main character, the daughter of the guy that was murdered by the son.

I thought she wouldn't even be in the game anymore as a quest since I completed it?

Do I just delete that specific quest and just pick any of my side quests in my journal?

As I said, the game takes around 120 hours to complete everything. The main story is very short. But there are some substantial side quests, which is most of the good stuff in the game.

After you beat the game you can return to night city and do all the side quests. Or just start a new game.

I think the main quest is mediocre at best and outright downer. I've had much more fun with the game on my second playthrough ignoring it completely and focusing on side quests. I didn't even want to complete the main quest a second time. CDPR ruined the replayability of the game to me by making the main quest end in such a manner.

I was pretty surprised how quick the main story went, and just ended. Like that's it? What happens? Seemed rather short for a big game like this.

But I understand, the side quests must make up a vast majority of the games time? Any side quests or zones people particularly liked?

I think the main quest is mediocre at best and outright downer. I've had much more fun with the game on my second playthrough ignoring it completely and focusing on side quests. I didn't even want to complete the main quest a second time. CDPR ruined the replayability of the game to me by making the main quest end in such a manner.
There are some highlights in the main story, the parade was a pretty good mission, but in general it feels short and rushed. It would have been almost better with no main story and just a bunch of open-ended side quests.

I was pretty surprised how quick the main story went, and just ended. Like that's it? What happens? Seemed rather short for a big game like this.

But I understand, the side quests must make up a vast majority of the games time? Any side quests or zones people particularly liked?
The side quests take a while and are time gated. I concentrated on them before completing the main storyline and still had a few extra missions pop up later on after I thought I was already done. When I played I basically avoided the diner quest after the prologue until probably midway through the game as I knew that was the main story. The game also warns you before going into the final sequence so that is a clue that you should probably concentrate on more side quests at that point.

I felt all the story lines for the side characters were strong. Kerry's was probably my favourite but none of them were bad in my opinion.

What other games are similar to Cyberpunk 2007? I don't mean just Blade Runner type, but this type of RPG shooter? I really got hooked into this game world, was very enjoyable.

The other shooter games installed on my PC now, are just action shooters;

-Destiny 2
-Doom Eternal
-Borderlands 3
-BF2042
-Rage 2

Last edited:
What other games are similar to Cyberpunk 2007? I don't mean just Blade Runner type, but this type of RPG shooter? I really got hooked into this game world, was very enjoyable.

-Destiny 2
-Doom Eternal
-Borderlands 3
-BF2042
Fallout series

Was actually thinking about that. Never played those games. Is Fallout 76 the one to play now?
Fallout76 is multiplayer only.
Fallout 4 is the latest but the older ones are still worth playing.

The closest thing would be Rage 2. Which is a better shooter.

Actually I did buy that too last month. Only played it briefly, seemed like a lot of driving between these multiple towns. Is there more of a story than just going from town to town?

But I will say the gunfire and feel of the weapons is really good.

-Destiny 2
-Doom Eternal
-Borderlands 3
-BF2042
I agree abt the game world being addicting. A big part of the reason I keep coming back to Cyber'77 is how it gets that RPG/FPS balance... great character/dialogue roleplaying, good stats roleplaying, fun and immersive FPS gameplay, good firearm and melee variety, big, visually dense world, and it's set in a fairly relatable (to me at least) near-future urban area instead of a fantasy world or spaaaaaace. Gameplay-wise, Fallout series (the single-player ones, FO76 is a different experience) are the only ones I can think of off top that really hit that combination of being an actual FPS and an actual RPG at the same time but they don't feel nowhere as cinematic as '77. RDR2 in FPV mode hits similar notes but the way it handles as an FPS may not be to everyone's liking. I see Rage 2 being mentioned- I remember there being like story cutscenes and progression but I don't recall how much there was in the way of dialogue options and character roleplay. This "shootey FP RPG" doesn't get much love unfortunately, I see lots of stats RP being added to most shooters these days but almost none go Full Roleplay.

While Fallout 76 has MMO elements, you can play it 100% solo if you want. It's a little like Destiny in that there are other players running around doing things, but you don't have to interact with them at all.

Honestly, I thought Fallout was boring. I mean, I liked the game (only played 3) but it kind of dragged on. The dialogue was good, though, and I liked the world, just the action was not great.

RAGE 2 is not an RPG. It's a shooter, but open-world with some RPG elements (upgrades, etc.). You can talk to some people, but it's not as advanced as like Fallout with the dialogue trees, and the story is linear.

But it's a great game, and the action is spot on. You can also just sort of explore and do whatever you want. It's about a 50 hour game to complete everything (and there were still some secrets I missed).

There are some highlights in the main story, the parade was a pretty good mission, but in general it feels short and rushed. It would have been almost better with no main story and just a bunch of open-ended side quests.
I'm not saying there aren't good missions in it, but my motivation to play the main quest knowing where it leads to is gone.

I'd recommend Mad Max instead.
Mad Max was fine but it's third person which you have to be in the mood for. It's not a shooter. Rage 2 is first person and therefore more like Cyberpunk in the wandering & shooting regard.

Last edited:
Mad Max was fine but it's third person which you have to be in the mood for. It's not a shooter. Rage 2 is first person and therefore more like Cyberpunk in the wandering around in first person shooting things regard.

Not a fan of third person shooters. I'm a PC Gamer, and first person is my preference.

I'll put some time in Rage 2 this month.

And continue CB2077 side missions.

Last edited:
Back