Cyberpunk 2077

It makes sense. If you waited and got the game on discount, you kind of avoided the launch hype disappointment and also the more serious bugs.

The game now is in a pretty good state. Not perfect, but fully playable and more than fine. So I think that is why it is getting better reviews.

And even if you look at all the reviews on Steam for all time, it's still like 75% positive, which is not what you'd think going on the cyberpunkgame Reddit or other circlejerks for haters.

#1 on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=topsellers&os=win

Very well deserved. Fantastic game. AceGoober had always been saying this day would come but I didn't want to believe, I couldn't be hurt again.

SmartSelect_20211126-135711_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I think if you make a game that people adamantly hate, then you made a good game.

If the game is bad, people just don't play it, it is quickly forgotten, or never known to begin with.

But if people are still hating on the game every day a year later, you made something great.

I still think it is a janky pos of a game and many of you just have some low standards. FFS I fired up the game 2 days ago and the goddamn red light poles were missing so the lights were just floating in the air. I cant enjoy it at all as there are just so many stupid immersion breaking things that happen all the time. The people that made this game should be ashamed but again you consumers with low standards will only encourage more garbage releases like this.

I still think it is a janky pos of a game and many of you just have some low standards. FFS I fired up the game 2 days ago and the goddamn red light poles were missing so the lights were just floating in the air. I cant enjoy it at all as there are just so many stupid immersion breaking things that happen all the time. The people that made this game should be ashamed but again you consumers with low standards will only encourage more garbage releases like this.
My dude, if you didn't refund the game then you've got exactly the same standards as the consumers you're complaining about.

Imagine getting butthurt over people enjoying a game you don't like.

My dude, if you didn't refund the game then you've got exactly the same standards as the consumers you're complaining about.
That makes zero sense and you clearly missed the point. The POINT is that praising a game that has tons of issues sends the wrong message and allows devs to get away with making garbage. I kept the game past 2 weeks because we were promised updates and fixes to address issues.

Last edited:
Imagine getting butthurt over people enjoying a game you don't like.
And imagine getting butthurt that someone complains. See that works for you too. :rolleyes:

This is not about someone liking a certain type of game. It is about a game that clearly still has tons of issues and if you are not bothered by any of them then yes IMO you have low standards.

Anyway, you kids have fun and I will let you back to it....

And imagine getting butthurt that someone complains. See that works for you too. :rolleyes:

This is not about someone liking a certain type of game. It is about a game that clearly still has tons of issues and if you are not bothered by any of them then yes IMO you have low standards.

I haven't even played the game since a week or so after launch, but you trying to blame bad games on people enjoying something is really fucking stupid. CB2077 is janky as fuck, even with technical issues worked out it will be rather janky. It's basically a Eurojank game with a AAA budget. That doesn't mean people are not allowed to enjoy it or feel that it's problems don't detract from their experience. Games are an entirely subjective medium. You need to pull the stick out of your ass.

I haven't even played the game since a week or so after launch, but you trying to blame bad games on people enjoying something is really fucking stupid. CB2077 is janky as fuck, even with technical issues worked out it will be rather janky. It's basically a Eurojank game with a AAA budget. That doesn't mean people are not allowed to enjoy it or feel that it's problems don't detract from their experience. Games are an entirely subjective medium. You need to pull the stick out of your ass.
Good lord get the hell over someone complaining here instead of praising this pos and maybe learn to fucking read a little closer. Bad games are on the devs of course and all I was saying that not complaining about it means that lets the devs know you have just as low standards as they do for releasing a buggy janky game in the first place.

Unsubbing so you little babies do not get offended anymore...

It's starting to feel a lil like the Star Citizen thread in here..
There is a big difference in that Cyberpunk 2077 is playable from start to finish and people are divided on if it is good or not. Personally I got a bit bored with cyberpunk on my 3rd playthrough after completing 2 level 50 where the map was cleared, but I do love the game. Sure it has lots of flaws but that didn't stop me from enjoying the game and I am really looking forward to story DLC and hopefully large expansion packs.

Comparing Cyberpunk 2077 is kind of dumb though. I bought a package for star citizen and squadron 42 in early 2014. Back then they were promising squadron 42 and star citizen launch in 2016. It is now more than 5 years passed their promised launch dates and wouldn't be surprised if it will be more than 10 years from payment until delivery of squadron 42, if ever. Tbh. Star Citizen feels more like a scam or project running out of control.

That makes zero sense and you clearly missed the point. The POINT is that praising a game that has tons of issues sends the wrong message and allows devs to get away with making garbage. I kept the game past 2 weeks because we were promised updates and fixes to address issues.
It makes 100% sense, you purchased the product and didn't refund it, that is the ONLY metric the Execs look at, that jobert got butt hurt and minged about it on a forum doesn't mean shit to them. They got your money and they know they'll get enough out of people like you with the next release. Just look at the latest GTA rerelease, BG2042, AC, etc.

you aren't sending any message other than your mad that others like something you don't, and that your ego is pretty frail.

Video is 9 months old. Two? Three? patches have dropped since then?

I'm not in any way shape or form excusing what CDPR did with releasing the game in the state it was in was right - exactly opposite - but given the story line and other factors I believe the game will be much greater than it is now.

Lol even more people complaining about the game because I like it.

I can tell you 1 thing. The game is a lot more stable and runs a lot better than last year. I am a good 5-6 hours in and I haven’t even experienced 1 single bug. Now that to me is shocking.

Don’t get me wrong this game is janky in a lot of ways. But man it’s so much better now.

Argue on people!

Imagine getting angry that other people are enjoying a video game you dislike. First world problems.

Too bad R* worried so much about making the world in RDR2 feel alive that they forgot to make a fun game.

I mean, they fixed a lot of bugs, but they didn't put back in all of the shit they lied about and removed from the game content-wise before launch.
You are 100% correct. They did leave a lot out of the game. But, the game is still very good with a great storyline.

Last year the game was playable and super buggy on PC (which is now fixed). The consoles players got fucked over and pissed...which is understandable.

Games like this, and unfortunately many others, are why I wait at least 1 year after release to jump in. Usually once the DLC's start arriving. The benefit of no longer playing MP games, early purchase is not required.

I remember seeing a Lets-Play youtuber playing the game unedited, back when the game first launched. He was playing on PC, on a 1080. From start-to-finish, not a single second of his video was free from visual bugs, NPCs wigging out, teleporting cops, etc. Not a single frame of his video showed a bug-free image. It was hilarious, but honestly it was so disappointing.

all the bug fixes I see from CDPR are reporting to fix minor bugs, crashes, stability. But I have yet to see a single one saying they fixed palm trees rendering through buildings, T-posing NPCs, texture LODs going to PS1 era even when the game is installed on SSD, crowds disappearing...

I hear people say the game is "fixed now" but those same people were the ones that said the game was "fine on PC" and "all the bugs are on console" (which is abjectly false, by the way). So I'm not inclined to believe them.

So be honest with me. I have a 3080 now and want to play this game. I won't ask if the game is bug-free (no game is) but is it at lease at a point where bugs (large or small) are not a "at least one per play session" thing?

I remember seeing a Lets-Play youtuber playing the game unedited, back when the game first launched. He was playing on PC, on a 1080. From start-to-finish, not a single second of his video was free from visual bugs, NPCs wigging out, teleporting cops, etc. Not a single frame of his video showed a bug-free image. It was hilarious, but honestly it was so disappointing.

all the bug fixes I see from CDPR are reporting to fix minor bugs, crashes, stability. But I have yet to see a single one saying they fixed palm trees rendering through buildings, T-posing NPCs, texture LODs going to PS1 era even when the game is installed on SSD, crowds disappearing...

I hear people say the game is "fixed now" but those same people were the ones that said the game was "fine on PC" and "all the bugs are on console" (which is abjectly false, by the way). So I'm not inclined to believe them.

So be honest with me. I have a 3080 now and want to play this game. I won't ask if the game is bug-free (no game is) but is it at lease at a point where bugs (large or small) are not a "at least one per play session" thing?
I know I've been dismissed but I have been 100% honest throughout this thread with my bug experience of CP2077. I only had one 'major' glitch where a character somehow sat on the roof of the car rather than in it, i had one tpose when getting on a bike. anything else was barely noticable, as in maybe there was a janky animation here or there but only ever saw it out of the corner of my eye.

That was on OG release build, so I would imagine its much better now given the recent positive reviews on steam. I won't start another playthrough until they release a bit of dlc though.

The release-day version of the game was definitely jankier than what I ended up playing. I believe I waited for the first major patch, which rolled out a few weeks after the game came out. NPC's and traffic were especially messy on day 1. The physics engine and AI both felt like their code was a decimal place off or something. Hell, performance was awful, too. That first patch put everything on par with a launch TES game, more or less. There was a large patch that came out about a month after that. That one had a list of missions that it fixed that was a mile long. That's when I'd say I felt comfortable recommending it.

It's $30. Put 2 hours into it and if the 'bugs' annoy the shit out of you, refund it.

Or don't? Free will, man.

I played around 6 weeks post launch after the 4 or so hot fixes, before the first patch. A lot of small bugs and glitches. Only a few game impeding things that were fixed by reloading. A lot can be said about the save system in this game. It has multiple quick save points. One mission got bugged and the only way to fix it was to load 4 quick saves back. If the game didn't have quick saves and didn't have multiple quick saves, I would've been unable to finish that side mission without replaying 2-3 hours of gameplay. This made the worst bugs annoying, but typically remedied within a minute. In this case which was the worst, I had to replay around 5-7 minutes of gameplay.

There were some bugs like animations breaking and then immediately fixing. Lots of things like that and overall very similar to Assassin's Creed Valhalla in terms of bugs. Problem with Valhalla is the save system sucked so when it bugged out or crashed you had to replay a lot more gameplay.

I played around 6 weeks post launch after the 4 or so hot fixes, before the first patch. A lot of small bugs and glitches. Only a few game impeding things that were fixed by reloading. A lot can be said about the save system in this game. It has multiple quick save points. One mission got bugged and the only way to fix it was to load 4 quick saves back. If the game didn't have quick saves and didn't have multiple quick saves, I would've been unable to finish that side mission without replaying 2-3 hours of gameplay. This made the worst bugs annoying, but typically remedied within a minute. In this case which was the worst, I had to replay around 5-7 minutes of gameplay.

There were some bugs like animations breaking and then immediately fixing. Lots of things like that and overall very similar to Assassin's Creed Valhalla in terms of bugs. Problem with Valhalla is the save system sucked so when it bugged out or crashed you had to replay a lot more gameplay.
I'm incredibly curious what KazeoHin thinks of his experience with the game, if they end up trying it.

The huge uptick in buyers and positive reviews makes me think he fits into that category of 'wanted the game, but it was too expensive for how buggy it was'. Assuming the bugs have been narrowed down, the 50% price tag makes it a no-brainer in my book.

Have people just accepted that the police system is really really bad/broken, or has it actually improved beyond something you'd find in a 2003 release?

It is funny. The same people crying about bugs in this will be the first people to buy crap like ES6 and lap it up.

I don't think many here were saying it was bug free on the pc. I played for about 200 hours on a six year old system with a 1080. I never saw a T pose in my game and pretty sure that was fixed in the first or second patch. I don't deny those things happened but the majority of the problems like that were not a problem for me. I did see some graphic glitches, the UI occasionally stopped working correctly, glitches with some missions. They were not constant issues. Those problems for me were always solved by a restart of the game or a reload. Some of the systems in the game were lackluster and disappointing IMO. Crafting was one of the biggest disappointments for me and annoyed me more than any of the bugs I encountered. Could have used more work and I hope the devs get the chance to actually do more than fix bugs. However none these issue were enough for me to stop enjoying the game. Once there is more content I'll likely play again. Hopefully on a newer system.

Well, I just looked up a gameplay video from a week or two ago... dude just runs straight through a car, is that normal?

at around 30 seconds:

also at around the 3:15 mark, shotgun blast to the face results in nothing... lol... but hey, glad people are enjoying the game

Have people just accepted that the police system is really really bad/broken, or has it actually improved beyond something you'd find in a 2003 release?
Honestly it didn’t bother me much. I didn’t play this as a mayhem causing open world game, I just followed the story and did all the gigs and side quests. I barely had issues with the police and when I did I liked the fact they were easy to outrun as running from or fighting police wasn’t interesting to me.

Honestly it didn’t bother me much. I didn’t play this as a mayhem causing open world game, I just followed the story and did all the gigs and side quests. I barely had issues with the police and when I did I liked the fact they were easy to outrun as running from or fighting police wasn’t interesting to me.
The game shines doing the side quests. On my second playthrough I mainly focused on them and got a lot more out of the game, over 100hrs more playtime. The game went from ok to great in my opinion. I didn't proceed to the ending until I cleared the map, did all five endings and was satified.

But I haven't played the game since December 2020. It needs new content.

^This! I enjoyed both playthroughs I completed, and saw almost none of the horrific issues many seem to have. T-poses and sitting incorrectly (NPC's that is) are about the only bugs I saw. The traffic pop-in is a terrible engine / graphics setting and still needs to be fixed but it's not breaking anything for me. But I really want some DLC.

^This! I enjoyed both playthroughs I completed, and saw almost none of the horrific issues many seem to have. T-poses and sitting incorrectly (NPC's that is) are about the only bugs I saw. The traffic pop-in is a terrible engine / graphics setting and still needs to be fixed but it's not breaking anything for me. But I really want some DLC.
Seems to largely be the experience of everyone here going back to launch, buggy but not game breaking, missing out on its true potential but still pretty darn good.

Back