Cyberpunk 2077

some people question how much of Cyberpunk 2077 they'll actually be able to improve, and others criticize the fact that it was necessary to hire members of the modding community in the first place...
And some people applaud them for hiring from the community. Crazy, I know.

And some people applaud them for hiring from the community. Crazy, I know.

which was mentioned but of course you edited that part out of your post...

"their hiring has prompted both excitement and some trepidation among Cyberpunk fans"

which was mentioned but of course you edited that part out of your post...

"their hiring has prompted both excitement and some trepidation among Cyberpunk fans"
I'm other words you can't please them all no matter what is done.

There have been some amazing mod content put out over the years. You would think someone who had that much passion and know how to work on something for the fun of it and usually for free would be someone both fans and devs would want on the team. I wish it would happen more often.

at least CDPR is consistent with their disappointment for 2021 ;)

Cyberpunk’s developer can’t guarantee next-gen versions will make it out this year

During a webcast detailing CDPR’s financials for the first half of 2021, SVP of business development Michal Nowakowski admitted that while the company is aiming to get PS5/XSX updates for Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3 out this year, they can’t guarantee it’s going to happen...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...next-gen-versions-will-make-it-out-this-year/

I had a feeling, when they first showed the timeline for this year. But it sucks they likely won't make it.

Patch 1.31 released

seems like a minor patch but every bit helps...I do like this fix: Fixed an issue where roads after rain did not look wet, which was the result of ongoing work on the Wet Surfaces System. In 1.31 wet surfaces should look more detailed than they did even before the issue occurred

click the link for full release notes...

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/39334/patch-1-31

Last edited:
At this point I'm waiting for some form of expansion/DLC before I give the game another go.

I didn't have any game breaking or ruining technical issues personally during my 50+ hours already, so all of these bug fixing patches haven't really done much to make the game more appealing.

I can't believe we're already approaching a year with no new content.

At this point I'm waiting for some form of expansion/DLC before I give the game another go.

I didn't have any game breaking or ruining technical issues personally during my 50+ hours already, so all of these bug fixing patches haven't really done much to make the game more appealing.

I can't believe we're already approaching a year with no new contenta
Even close to one year, I still have not completed all the side jobs and gigs. I don't need new content yet.

Even close to one year, I still have not completed all the side jobs and gigs. I don't need new content yet.
Well, that's entirely on you. I had nothing left to do in the game in January. Haven't even started it since. And I'm not going to until some huge expansion comes out if ever.

Well, that's entirely on you. I had nothing left to do in the game in January. Haven't even started it since. And I'm not going to until some huge expansion comes out if ever.

I forgot how all the controls and mechanics work, like I do for all SP games after not playing them for months. I too will be waiting for a big DLC. A shame that there is no info on it yet, I expect nothing before late Q1 or Q2 2022. I expected this though given the rough launch.

Reactions: M76
like this
I forgot how all the controls and mechanics work, like I do for all SP games after not playing them for months. I too will be waiting for a big DLC. A shame that there is no info on it yet, I expect nothing before late Q1 or Q2 2022. I expected this though given the rough launch.
Same, here that's why live service games are a non-starter for me. I'm not going to re-familiarize myself with the game controls and mechanics to play one mission that can be completed in 15 minutes.

I'm guessing the Witcher 3 RTX release will also be delayed into 2022...bad year for CDPR...

Why is this piece of shit game having to download over 50 GB just to go from 1.3 to 1.31?

Why is this piece of shit game having to download over 50 GB just to go from 1.3 to 1.31?
It's weird. Some have reported seeing 50GB, others under 5GB, while others still under 1GB. Sometimes just from canceling the update and restarting.

While I'm glad they are patching it I had the game set to not update. After seeing it start a 50 gig download I've uninstalled it.
I enjoyed the game but at this rate it will be another year or two before there is enough new content for a replay.

Yeah, I thought that was weird where the game was force updating, overriding my setting of "only update it when I go to play it" in Steam.

No surprise at all for me, but i'd rather they actually fucking get it right this time instead of releasing something broken. The more time that passes before the update the more i'm gonna be willing to jump back into the whole game.
That's pretty much how I look at it. I'll jump in for my 2nd playthrough after the content drop.

Me three. I haven't touched the game in months, but have kept it installed for a second playthrough at some point. I figure I'll have mostly forgotten everything by next Spring.

Same. Haven't played since the first week or two of release. I'm assuming the game runs wayyy better now... Right? I may pick this up again after I get my fill with New World.

it's currently available on the Epic Store for $30 (after $10 coupon) and I'm tempted to pick it up...$30 is a price I'm fine with for this game (at least for the ray-tracing)...I don't think the game will ever be patched up enough to match the pre-release hype...maybe the eventual Enhanced Edition?

The game plays pretty good now. Even at launch it was okay on PC (console was a mess). But they fixed a lot of bugs.

Definitely worth playing. I dropped 200 hours so far (2 plays) and am thinking about doing a 3rd play soon. Also, the graphics with full ray tracing make it worth it (and DLSS is very good if you have Nvidia).

Expected but still disappointed. Don't care about the small DLCs, except the missions. Really want the larger expansion packs but I think at this point they won't come for almost a year, and if there is a second probably around 2 years after the initial release. Suppose that is how long the Witcher 3 DLC took.

it's currently available on the Epic Store for $30 (after $10 coupon) and I'm tempted to pick it up...$30 is a price I'm fine with for this game (at least for the ray-tracing)...I don't think the game will ever be patched up enough to match the pre-release hype...maybe the eventual Enhanced Edition?
It's a good game. Even in its current state. On PC at least.

It's a good game. Even in its current state. On PC at least.
I played it on PS5 after the disaster of trying to play it on my PS4. Couldn't find a video card at the time the game launched to run it. I enjoyed it. Could it have been better? Yes. Is it good? Yes. Is there potential for a future game to be even better? Absolutely. I think we have forgotten the evolution between The Witcher to The Witcher 3.

CP2077 is easily the best cyberpunk action/fps out there (its a small group though). It is also one of the best looking games I've ever seen (apart from a few instances when things get washed out).

Its got plenty to do, and some decent stories to tell, but several of the side quests feel like a template rather than a fully fleshed out quest. The main one that comes to mind is the cyber psychoses hunts, they could have been a lot more interactive than they where.

Its pretty obvious that the game was rushed to market, but it still has more potential than most other games in existence, is a good game (and almost always has been on PC), and if CDPR supports it they could easily refine it into Witcher 3 territory of quality.

I was just about to ask you guys how good the quests were, since it's the most important thing to me. Sucks to hear they're not great I guess. I think I'll give this a gamble when it's $10 or even $5

I was just about to ask you guys how good the quests were, since it's the most important thing to me. Sucks to hear they're not great I guess. I think I'll give this a gamble when it's $10 or even $5
They are not bad, the main story is quite good, any mission directly tied to one of the key characters are also good. Just some of the general side missions could be better.

People always expect to much, and remember things in the past with to much fondness.

Story quests are good, side quests related to characters are good. Think Mass Effect 2 companion quests, but most tend to be story quests. Side quests can be okay, and characters do have some smaller ones. There are a lot of small activity style quests and those are fairly forgettable but I didn't do much of them. I did enough but the game doesn't force you to do them. Some of the smaller activities are okay, but the Cyber Psychoses ones and a few others are Ubisoft style which are very similar. Go to an area, kill strong enemy. Do them every now and then if they're close by otherwise just skip most of them.

It's also worth mentioning that there are a decent number of missions that can be stumbled upon naturally. Some of the best stuff I've found (fun~wise) were random things that turned into an actual mission.

The side missions are great. Most people talking shit probably didn't actually explore the game and find the good stuff. Yes, there are some BS quests (just like any open world game) but there is a lot of interesting stuff that is not on the map.

You have to look around, you will climb up a roof and find a dead body with a message, and if you read the message it will lead to a whole side quest, you might get a high powered sniper rifle, etc. I've dropped 200 hours and I'm not sure I've seen everything.

I finally started playing it this week and like no it. I really haven't encountered many bugs but after a while the game likes to wig out and textures get corrupted. Game then crashes soon after. Happens with OC and stick setting in my ftw3 3080ti.

I finally started playing it this week and like no it. I really haven't encountered many bugs but after a while the game likes to wig out and textures get corrupted. Game then crashes soon after. Happens with OC and stick setting in my ftw3 3080ti.

Turn GPU power down to 95% and run everything all-stock - see what happens??

(Maybe fan profiles need a bump too?)

Back