Cyberpunk 2077

I think I'm about read for a second playthrough. I put in about 100 hours during December/January and haven't touched it since but I really enjoyed it despite the bugs which I quickly got used to and carried on with the story.

Mind you I haven't played Witcher 3 so I wasn't comparing both games piece by piece as I played Cyberpunk. I'm still waiting for the Witcher 3 RTX patch to finally give it a go.
I'm in the same boat, spent 100+ hours in it in December / January, that I really enjoyed despite the bugs that I did encounter. But I also haven't touched it since. Frankly the 100 hours was enough to do every bit of content in the game, including gigs and side missions so there was really nothing left to do.

I did play the Witcher 3, and seriously disliked it. The Witcher is an entirely different kind of animal, just because someone liked the witcher doesn't mean they will like cyberpunk, or vica versa.

I picked up the PS4 version for $10 yesterday, during the 1 day Best Buy discount.

I have a PS5, so I automatically get the performance enhancements and the actual PS5 version......whenever they release it...

Who knows when the game will be finished. But....$10 feels like "free".

Did they ever change the subtitles option behavior? It was an incredibly stupid oversight that turning off subtitles also turned them off for non-English VO...
In patch 1.23 this worked correctly for me. Prior to that, turning off subtitles killed the subtitles for non-English languages. I absolutely fucking hate subtitles for anything other than non-English voice overs. So this was a nice change. I haven't seen how it behaves in 1.3.

I picked up the PS4 version for $10 yesterday, during the 1 day Best Buy discount.

I have a PS5, so I automatically get the performance enhancements and the actual PS5 version......whenever they release it...

Who knows when the game will be finished. But....$10 feels like "free".
The game runs at 60 FPS on the PS5 with better dynamic resolution range now after the 1.23 patch (compared to 30 FPS on PS4 and PS4 Pro), but the NPC density was cut dramatically to hit that performance mark. CDPR probably took this dramatic step to put PlayStation copies back up for sale.

Wow, only took...8 months?
They only partially fixed that issue. Still plenty of unlootable stuff.

The game runs at 60 FPS on the PS5 with better dynamic resolution range now after the 1.23 patch (compared to 30 FPS on PS4 and PS4 Pro), but the NPC density was cut dramatically to hit that performance mark. CDPR probably took this dramatic step to put PlayStation copies back up for sale.
They also significantly neutered screen space reflections.

They only partially fixed that issue. Still plenty of unlootable stuff.

They also significantly neutered screen space reflections.
I'm assuming part of what's going on here is: Since there isn't an actual PS5 version of the game, the backward compatiblity mode runs on the GPU, as if it were an RDNA 1 GPU. Presumably, there is some efficiency to be gained, with actual PS5 gamecode. But who knows.

One thing I've noticed about the game is how much Gsync helps it. In spite of dialing in my settings to achieve 4K/60, I found that there were lots of issues with FPS spikes up and down on my previous monitor. Especially with fog/smoke effects and lots of reflections. The game would drop into the 30's in some places or stutter like made. With Gsync, the level of smoothness is pretty amazing. I found myself able to crank certain settings way higher with no performance issues, either. Plenty of games benefit from it, but Cyberpunk almost needs it for certain detail settings.

I've seen a few video comparisons and the performance seems to be exactly the same. What's hilarious is it still has a lot of the same stupid bugs with NPCs floating or walking right through objects or just doing other random dumb crap that completely kills the immersion. I'm sorry but this game is just a buggy piece of shit as far as I'm concerned. I know we're at a point right now where even stuttering halfway broken games are getting excellent reviews so clearly everyone's standards have hit rock bottom. It just seems that any game that's at least a little bit fun and doesn't crash 50 times is somehow worthy of praise.

I've seen a few video comparisons and the performance seems to be exactly the same. What's hilarious is it still has a lot of the same stupid bugs with NPCs floating or walking right through objects or just doing other random dumb crap that completely kills the immersion. I'm sorry but this game is just a buggy piece of shit as far as I'm concerned. I know we're at a point right now where even stuttering halfway broken games are getting excellent reviews so clearly everyone's standards have hit rock bottom. It just seems that any game that's at least a little bit fun and doesn't crash 50 times is somehow worthy of praise.
I think you need a new PC, a new user would benefit it as well.

No Digital Foundry video link? I think you're losing your edge.
What difference would it make? Oblivious people and people in denial will not accept any proof of anything. Just like all the asshats before saying resident evil village didn't stutter for them so "it must be your PC".

What difference would it make? Oblivious people and people in denial will not accept any proof of anything. Just like all the asshats before saying resident evil village didn't stutter for them so "it must be your PC".

you always make it seem like any issues you have must be universal with everyone (Crysis Remastered, RE:8, Senua's Sacrifice etc)...and if you don't have any issues and someone else does then they are wrong

you always make it seem like any issues you have must be universal with everyone (Crysis Remastered, RE:8, Senua's Sacrifice etc)...and if you don't have any issues and someone else does then they are wrong
Because I actually bothered to do a little bit of research and check what others are saying especially people that actually review games for a living. So yes just like in the case of resident evil village it was the game not my computer like some of you clowns were claiming. But again even when it's finally brought to light and Capcom admitted it was an issue and then it was patched and fixed you will still have people completely full of shit making ignorant claims that it was never the game. So yes every game that I complain about if I say it's an issue with the game then it is almost certainly the game. If it turns out to be something else then I'll figure out what it is and let other people know.

Because I actually bothered to do a little bit of research and check what others are saying especially people that actually review games for a living. So yes just like in the case of resident evil village it was the game not my computer like some of you clowns were claiming. But again even when it's finally brought to light and Capcom admitted it was an issue and then it was patched and fixed you will still have people completely full of shit making ignorant claims that it was never the game. So yes every game that I complain about if I say it's an issue with the game then it is almost certainly the game. If it turns out to be something else then I'll figure out what it is and let other people know.
People like Total Biscuit (RIP) who believed that because his PC ran using SLI Titans that bad performance for him must be universal?

What's with all these new members here being angry self-entitled eggplants?
And what's with older members acting like oblivious jerks and having shitty low standards? Nearly everything I complain about with a game is very well documented with numerous complaints about the exact same issues. I'm sorry if reality bothers you but that sounds like your problem more than mine. But anyway I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut and you guys can enjoy your stuttery pieces of shit buggy games and don't let me interfere with your alternate reality.

But Cyberpunk is good. I played 200 hours and might start a new game soon. It did not stutter at all, only 1 crash in over 200 hours. Some small glitches here and there, but they are rare and didn't destroy the game. So I don't know.

But Cyberpunk is good. I played 200 hours and might start a new game soon. It did not stutter at all, only 1 crash in over 200 hours. Some small glitches here and there, but they are rare and didn't destroy the game. So I don't know.
As far as stuttering goes no I haven't seen any of that in this game either. That was only brought up earlier when referencing back to resident evil village. On top of that there are several other games out there that have mostly positive reviews even though they have stuttering issues. I was just simply mentioning that Cyberpunk still has a lot of the same glitches and bugs that it's always had again with stuff like enemies floating or maybe a car disappearing or people just walking into things.

What's with all these new members here being angry self-entitled eggplants?
Complaining on the internet is so hot right now.

You must be fun at parties.

Yeah, I mean, I'm just trying to have some fun. I can overlook a few bugs if the game brings me enjoyment. Life is too short to be pissed off all the time for inconsequential issues.

Yeah, I mean, I'm just trying to have some fun. I can overlook a few bugs if the game brings me enjoyment. Life is too short to be pissed off all the time for inconsequential issues.

I wouldn't call them inconsequential...it's not a handful of bugs...with all the patches they released thus far it literally feels like they've fixed ~5,000 bugs...patch 1.2 alone had 484 PC fixes...all these patches have mainly been bug fixes...and bugs like that ruin the immersion especially for a game like Cyberpunk where the immersion is one of the biggest aspects of the game

I beat the game back at the first of the year. Loaded it up to see what patch 1.3 brought. I see at least one new quest sequence, and it acts like I haven't yet won the Mission BEAT THE BRAT, which I did. Also I've now lost my Legendary Gorilla arms. They are no longer in my inventory. I went back to a level 45 save game and I have my legendary gorilla arms, but my save game after I beat the game and at level 50, has my legendary gorilla arms missing.

Anyone else see some inventory glitches like this?

EDIT - nevermind the quest that popped up I thought was new was the Stefan quest, which I was advised not to engage. Six months, I forgot I chose not to do that quest based on it being a big frustration. No new quests? I thought they left a bunch of content they intended on out from original release. It's now been nearly 9 months and no new content?

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I saw the 'beat the brat' popped back up after beating it a while back.

I didn't check on my legendary g-arms. I will do that later.

I tried to boot this up after not playing forever - downloaded a 33 GB patch and now it just straight-up refuses to get past the "press space to continue" screen. The game just crashes instantly. LOL.

I did a verify/repair but no luck. I guess I might just clear out everything and reinstall.

I picked up my $10 deal PS4 copy from Best Buy today. It came with a free steelcase. It has pretty cool artwork on it. But the case is the cheapest quality steelcase I have ever seen. With several little imperfections. Also some small dents from likely being crammed into a box by the hundreds.

CD Projekt hires community mod makers to work on Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk 2077's official modding support appears set to take a big step forward: CD Projekt has hired the creators of the Wolvenkit modding toolset to further develop the resources that are available to the modding community...the Yigsoft team is well known in the community as the people behind Wolvenkit, an open-source project that provides a unified modding toolset for RED Engine games—that is, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk 2077—and their hiring has prompted both excitement and some trepidation among Cyberpunk fans

some people question how much of Cyberpunk 2077 they'll actually be able to improve, and others criticize the fact that it was necessary to hire members of the modding community in the first place...

https://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-hires-community-mod-makers-to-work-on-cyberpunk-2077/

Back