Cyberpunk 2077

Game is not for you then. the graphics and animation is beyond good. It's down right great. Gameplay is fine; But that opinion differs from one person to the next.
People that say the graphics are not that great are suffering from uncanny valley imho. Many scenes, particularly those indoors with various light sources are just downright eerie and mesmerizing to look at.

CP2077 is a visual showcase (especially with ray-tracing enabled) but sounds like a poor imitation of Deus Ex in terms of gameplay...

Yeah, in some ways it's not as good as GTA5 or Deus Ex, but in many other ways it blows them out of the water. It's a big enough game that you really need to play a while to get a good feel.

Depends on who you listen too, maybe one day you'll find out for yourself.
Imagine spending more collective time posting about, complaining about, speculating about what playing a game must be like... than actually playing a game and experiencing it for yourself.

The reddit forums with virgins complaining about condoms during sex comes to mind here.

Last edited:
Imagine spending more collective time posting about, complaining about, speculating about what playing a game must be like... than actually playing a game and experiencing it for yourself.

The reddit forums with virgins complaining about condoms during sex comes to mind here.

Ha, nice.

I stopped playing back in December. It was right after that dude died and you get his bike. Never actually took delivery of the bike because honestly after that i got lost. There were 10 million things on the map. The game was pretty rough back then and was very glitchy so i just stopped playing. Been waiting it out in hopes for some fixes then try a new playthrough.

Oh I am going to play it again. I want to play through at least once. Whenever I get a new gpu. 2080 Super is ok and all but not good enough to run the game at 3440x1440 with all the bells and whistles.

Really? The game seemed to run fine with a 2080 Ti so a Super should not be far off.

Just use DLSS on Performance, and you can run everything at max with ray tracing (getting between 60 - 90 fps).

Or just disable ray tracing if you want high refresh.

I stopped playing back in December. It was right after that dude died and you get his bike. Never actually took delivery of the bike because honestly after that i got lost. There were 10 million things on the map. The game was pretty rough back then and was very glitchy so i just stopped playing. Been waiting it out in hopes for some fixes then try a new playthrough.

you can ignore 99% of the stuff on the map if you want and just look for the big yellow mission things which tell you if its story related or not.

Yeah, Learning the map legends is important. Most of what you see on the map is optional and can be ignored, with a very few missions that need to be handled the first time you get close to them and kick them off...

The funeral and getting the bike aren't part of the main quest line. I didn't even do them until it said I was at the point of no return, starting the final missions.

It felt kind of funny because it's basically your best friend dies, and you forget about him and do random shit for months, and everyone waited for you to have your best friends funeral.

The funeral and getting the bike aren't part of the main quest line. I didn't even do them until it said I was at the point of no return, starting the final missions.

It felt kind of funny because it's basically your best friend dies, and you forget about him and do random shit for months, and everyone waited for you to have your best friends funeral.

I did the funeral correctly timed in my first playthrough. I forgot about it in my 2nd playthrough and I think Jackies mom called and yelled at me for not attending the funeral. So there has to be some point where that side story just moves forward.

A better game would have been to play through all the activities we see in the flashback with Jackie.
Well probably, I agree we should have played those scenes rather than just a montage.

*I say probably because they clearly didn't have time to flesh out a lot of the sub-missions, which resulted in a lot of go to X and kill everyone there with no real explanation outside of a PDA document, no optional dialogue, or any of the usual CRPG mechanics, so I doubt they would have put together cohesive missions for the montage sequence.

Fans can't stop dunking on CDPR's fun Cyberpunk 2077 stats

Redditors are showing us the real CP2077 statistics :D

it's all a bit of good-natured teasing, though many of the comments on these posts are genuine stories from frustrated fans who are still disappointed in the state of the game..."I understand the project was ambitious, but the broken promises and the actual delivery (plus a few other not less important things) accounted for a huge letdown," one redditor wrote..."Been almost half a year and they are nowhere near fixing the existing problems with the game, let alone add missing features in, another wrote. "Shows just how unfinished the game actually is"...

https://www.pcgamer.com/fans-cant-stop-dunking-on-cdprs-fun-cyberpunk-2077-stats/

Last edited:
1626317402758.jpeg

Honestly, I bought this game on launch day and to this day - it's worth $30 max.
That is just dumb, there is enough game there for a proper price title. Like it, hate it, or in between.

That it did not live up to the marketing isn't a reason it should be priced like an indie title and neither are the glitches or if someone liked it or not. It looks great (if you can run it) most of the time, hitting some pretty impresive heights at points, it has plenty to its main story to keep someone occupied for long enough, and the gameplay is decent.

But what do I know, I'm just a dumb fanboy that doesn't listen to reddit.

This is probably the most addictive and time delusional game I have played and I used to get drawn into all night sessions with Oblivion and Skyrim.
With this game, 6hrs feels like not much over an hour has passed, its loony.
I bought a 3090 for this game before its launch and held off playing for the bugs to be fixed, and am now losing so much sleep and loving it!
What a game!

Last edited:
Maybe during Steam Winter Sale the game will be ready, for me that is, I hate bugs, glitches and weird crap happening in a game. Frankly a few T-Poses, blinking in and out of cars and people and game would have been uninstalled. Have the blaring stupid issues been fixed now?

I restarted after quitting a few hours in on launch. It runs fairly good now, and the vast majority of bugs have been squashed. There is some occasional weirdness now and again, like most open-world games, but you can play it now without worrying about stuff that will completely break your game.

CP2077 is a visual showcase (especially with ray-tracing enabled) but sounds like a poor imitation of Deus Ex in terms of gameplay...
It might be a poor imitation, but still the best imitation since the original game. Including the sequel and various reboots.

I restarted after quitting a few hours in on launch. It runs fairly good now, and the vast majority of bugs have been squashed. There is some occasional weirdness now and again, like most open-world games, but you can play it now without worrying about stuff that will completely break your game.
Agreed, it runs much better, glitches are down dramatically, quests don't seem to break, the vehicles drive much better. Still beautiful, a little broken, and full of possibility. I hope we get good DLC, I want to keep playing for longer.

There have been a few very minor glitches, so insignificant I cant even remember what any of them are.
This is with probably 30hrs play so far.
(Then again it might be 100 lol, time flies when playing this game!)

Just wrapped up my street kid playthrough. 114ish hours doing all the side quests, missions, etc that I could find. Semi ok with my ending choices.

It might be a poor imitation, but still the best imitation since the original game. Including the sequel and various reboots.

the people that keep defending the game like it's the greatest thing ever (I'm not referring to you) are living in some alternate reality...no one has said that the game sucks or is terrible...most reviews give it a 7 or 7.5 which is perfectly fine...not everything has to be a 10 or a 0 (zero)...the defenders of the game want everyone to think the game is a 10 when it's not...there are tons of bugs and gameplay issues...it doesn't make the game bad it just makes it disappointing after the years of hype and CDPR's reputation

most people in this thread actually admit the game's shortcomings and issues...it's only 2-3 people who keep going off on anyone who makes a negative comment about the game or posts a funny article...I keep saying that it sounds like a 7.5 in terms of gameplay (in its current condition) and a 9.4 in terms of ray-tracing visuals...but gameplay always trumps graphics for me...and yes I trust certain review sites and members so I don't need to have played the game in order to make the decision to wait for a better price to buy...it's what normal rational people do...read reviews and make a purchase decision...only a total idiot buys every single game, TV, car, hardware component etc blindly without reading any reviews...that's the very definition of a fanboy

Last edited:
I never got into the Deus Ex games so I can't really speak to that. I have played them enough to know that their visual style's are quite different from Cyberpunk 2077's which shouldn't be surprising. Gameplay is fine with CP2077. It's main issues stem from elements of the game that are clearly unfinished or underdeveloped. There were also a lot of promises made by CDPR and the game simply didn't live up to them. Things like car customization, car repair, character recustomization, and basic environmental interactivity are just lacking. You aren't wet when you get out of water, fire doesn't spread, police don't act right etc.

If you play the story and do your missions without too much sight seeing then it's fine. But the moment you really start to explore the world, you'll start to see it's many problems. The game needed another year of development at the very least. That much is clear. The game also has numerous balance issues where some classes of weapon are completely useless compared to others. Some weapons are comically overpowered. The modding system still doesn't work to this day with some modifications not doing anything useful to the stats or providing no bonus over good old fashioned damage, or whatever. The numbers in the UI still don't match what the mods say you'll get and so on and so on. Melee is drastically overpowered, but rendered useless by revolvers scoring headshots as you can one hit kill nearly anything that way.

The game is still messed up to the point where there are at least two quests that can't be completed without a Cyberdeck. You have alternatives to cyberdeck's such as the Krenzikov and Berserk modules. The latter of which is basically fucking useless. The former makes combat trivial. You can actually stack time dilation to a point where you can basically kill an entire mob without them returning fire. Even on the hardest difficulty setting, the game's combat is trivial once you level up. At lower levels it's bullet sponge city with all of your enemies taking several magazines of anything to put down. Othe rproblems include the shock N awe cyberware mod as barely bumping a pedestrian with your car (not as avoidable as you'd think) will instantly kill them with an electric shock. In fact, the game was already patched once for making the civilian NPC's too easy to kill. I can go on an on about the game's many balance issues and systems that still do not work.

I'd rank it this way:
Visuals: 9/10 - I didn't rank this higher because there are certain elements that look unfinished and there are places you can see the illusion isn't quite there. Check out some rooftops and you'll see what I mean.
Story: 8/10 - Story is good, but it lacks the branching possibilities that were touted in the marketing. Yes, there are several endings and each life path has a different prologue, but everything in the middle is largley the same and has no real bearing on the game's ending.
Gameplay: 7.5/10 - For all the issues I mentioned and those I didn't. I feel like I'm actually being somewhat generous here as the balance issues are fucking egregious. That being said, I think the basic design is a solid one and most of these problems can be fixed.

All that being said, I think the game is absolutely fantastic at its core. In some ways its both one of the best game's I've ever played and the most disappointing given the potential that CDPR left on the table. Even if they do manage to turn it around completely and deliver everything they should have, people will still harbor negative feelings towards it. Even if in a year people have everything they wanted (the reasonable people anyway), it will still probably never gain the full recognition it would deserve at this point. To be fair, that's on CDPR who made promises they haven't kept. Their marketing machine always hovered between misleading and outright lying and they deserve the flak they get for it.

Well, I think it's the best game ever. The bugs are annoying, but not totally game breaking. I just save often cause sometimes I vault over a small item and die. Silly stuff like that, but overall the game is still playable.

I think the main story is okay, but all the side missions really make the game. There are some wild quests, and things that have never been done before.

Also, note. I didn't read any reviews, and I purposely didn't watch the developer log videos or any of the hype. I went in knowing nothing. So I wasn't disappointed, but I could understand that promises were broken.

Even so, I think the game is great. Yeah, it just needed another year in the oven, and hopefully that will still happen, and DLC will come, they can fix it. But it will forever be known for the botched launch.

Back