Cyberpunk 2077

These bug fixes do nothing for me, since they don't address the major gameplay issues. The police popping in out of nowhere, the pathetic animations where all the NPCs get out of their cars and squat, the poor driving AI for NPCs, etc.

Wonder if this game is ever getting any significant changes or just a series of bug fixes. The way this game went from one of the most hyped ever to just disappearing from discussions is pretty crazy.

I think most players split into two main camps. One camp saw what was released as an unfinished mess and has been waiting for a version that's "fixed." The other camp dove in and is either long done with the game or already bailed. It doesn't seem like many new players have been picking it up after all the initial backlash. The patches have fixed just about all of the quest issues and have (apparently) finally made the console versions perform better. Yet the core game is still 90% the same...just more polished.

Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.22

I believe the impending patch is the last patch of fixes and CDPR are moving onto content.

not a chance...I'm guessing any new major content won't be released until Fall 2021 (and that's being generous)

my wisdom was right...

I know I'm one of the few that is absolutely not impressed with the graphics in this game. It looks like an old outdated engine that they just tried to modify to make it look next gen. Absolutely horrible and janky animations at times, occasional flickering, aliasing, laughable levels of pop in and LOD changes. I really wish they would have some optional graphic settings to address stuff like that as I would forgo ray tracing in a second to use them. Really every time I fire up the game and drive around or just walk around seeing that flickering and pop in I just lose all interest as it kills the immersiveness of this type of game. And yes I know I'm being picky but the game is extremely demanding so it should not look like shit in any way possible.

Oof. 39.92Gb.
1623962696018.png

Well, alright then. You win this one.

Nope- Gog is crashing my system- not CTD, complete shutdown. (!?)

Deleted and re-downloaded. I'll try it tomorrow...

Last edited:
Downloading now. Got 100% achievements, but I'm close to the end of my second play through so I can get the secret ending.

Going to wait on this patch since I have like 80 mods installed and I'll need to see if everything is compatible. Looks promising though.

I know I'm in the minority here and I'm not here to argue with anyone else's opinion, but I absolutely adore this game. I've gotten so into roleplaying the character that I'm able to suspend disbelief to an extent when the open world is doing wonky open world things. I've found a ton of depth in the characters and gameworld, even though it absolutely could be more expansive and refined in a lot of respects. Mods help quite a bit too.

I think part of the poor reception (beyond the state at release) might be general expectations that it was going to be Sci-Fi GTA but instead it's more like Gritty Urban Skyrim (complete with Bethesda-style bugs and tedium). Definitely not for everyone even it's current patched-up state and that's ok.

I wonder how much the game will be discounted for the upcoming Steam Summer Sale...the summer sale is usually the best Steam sale of the year

Not even CDPR is going to be cocky enough to call Cyberpunk "GOTY."
Of course they'll release a GOTY equivalent with all the DLC like they did with Witcher 3 once they are done w it. That'll prob be at least 2 years out but I don't mind waiting.

Glitch Of The Year Edition.
So I've kinda been planning on attempting a cursed playthru once I finish my current modded run on the up-to-date version. I'm talking version 1.0, no patches, no mods, maybe some configfile tweakz to make things even more broken. I might get unlucky and just get progression locked right away but the potential for bugged hilarity is too high for me to resist lol

So I've kinda been planning on attempting a cursed playthru once I finish my current modded run on the up-to-date version. I'm talking version 1.0, no patches, no mods, maybe some configfile tweakz to make things even more broken. I might get unlucky and just get progression locked right away but the potential for bugged hilarity is too high for me to resist lol

I only had two minor quests glitch out on me during my v1.0 run. My experiences with it weren't nearly as bad as those reported by others.

I did this on PS4. I wanted to see just how bad it was. So I got the disc and disconnected from internet so I could play with no patches.

Well, it was really rough, like unacceptably bad. 15 fps, crashes every 10 minutes. And the crash would cost you like at least 5 or 10 minutes as the PS4 does this check/restore thing, not like PC where you can just open the game again. I see why Sony pulled it.

That said, the graphics did look decent it it wasn't for that abysmal framerate.

I only had two minor quests glitch out on me during my v1.0 run. My experiences with it weren't nearly as bad as those reported by others.
Seems like the ppls experiences really are all over the place re: glitches. I noted some pages back how I had slightly different bugz playing the same save files and save game versions on 4 different systems and my friends who played had different bugs from that, including someone who was playing on nearly identical hardware to me (both 8C 14nm Intel, 3xx chipset, 2070 Super)

I did this on PS4. I wanted to see just how bad it was. So I got the disc and disconnected from internet so I could play with no patches.

Well, it was really rough, like unacceptably bad. 15 fps, crashes every 10 minutes. And the crash would cost you like at least 5 or 10 minutes as the PS4 does this check/restore thing, not like PC where you can just open the game again. I see why Sony pulled it.

That said, the graphics did look decent it it wasn't for that abysmal framerate.
The console versions sound like an utter disaster. I was chatting with someone a few weeks ago who was telling me they got the game on PS4 but it was so f**ked they gave up are are just watching ppl stream it on PC until the PS5 version drops and they can actually play.

It's playable on PC. The patches fixed the biggest issues with progression bugs. I've dropped over 170 hours in it and I only had 1 crash.

Sometimes the AI does stupid stuff, but it's not game breaking. Still a great game worth playing.

I started playing again on PC and it's still full of bugs. I was in a mission with NPC companions and they're floating in a T pose while I'm running around inside Arasaka tower. It's been almost 7 months and this shit is still happening.

I saw jittery animations, some animations break but they typically reset within a few seconds. I did have a car disappear. Had to open a trunk in a mission with Panam. The contents were floating in mid air (in the trunk of the invisible car). Use the quick save feature a lot, it helps with these. But I never had a long term T pose. Haven't played this game since the hot fixes. Seems like it still may have issues on some setups.

It seems to me that they are not fixing the core issues, instead adding workarounds for specific occurrences of it. At this rate we are not going to see new content until 2022.

I'm having doubts they will support CP2077 after the Next Gen console release. They have been really quiet about the future of the game since release, when they actually wouldn't stop talking about it pre-release.
There so many problems with CP2077 I don't see them getting around to making the game that was advertised. It's already been 7 months since release and we only received 3 larger patches and a few hotfixes, nothing substantial in terms of gameplay improvements.

I know I'm one of the few that is absolutely not impressed with the graphics in this game. It looks like an old outdated engine that they just tried to modify to make it look next gen. Absolutely horrible and janky animations at times, occasional flickering, aliasing, laughable levels of pop in and LOD changes. I really wish they would have some optional graphic settings to address stuff like that as I would forgo ray tracing in a second to use them. Really every time I fire up the game and drive around or just walk around seeing that flickering and pop in I just lose all interest as it kills the immersiveness of this type of game. And yes I know I'm being picky but the game is extremely demanding so it should not look like shit in any way possible.
The landscape is also really flat. There is very little grade, curvature, etc, to most of the roadways. Just flat and wide.

It seems to me that they are not fixing the core issues, instead adding workarounds for specific occurrences of it. At this rate we are not going to see new content until 2022.

Well if the main consensus is that the game needed more time b4 beeing released complaining about slow new content drops is kind of contradiction, or maybe you also want it to be a buggy mess.
I'm having doubts they will support CP2077 after the Next Gen console release. They have been really quiet about the future of the game since release, when they actually wouldn't stop talking about it pre-release.
There so many problems with CP2077 I don't see them getting around to making the game that was advertised. It's already been 7 months since release and we only received 3 larger patches and a few hotfixes, nothing substantial in terms of gameplay improvements.

"cutting content" from games in developpement is not unheard of or even uncommon and sometimes leads to the most silly arguments (https://gamerant.com/spider-man-ps4-puddle-controversy/ came to mind) The game in it's current state is more then playable and enjoyable but that does not mean you have to like it but making it so that it's to your liking does not necesarilly make the game better for everyone else.

Despite everything, the game still sold extremely well.

There is a lot of value for CDPR to fix the bugs and release DLC to get players back in the game.

I'm sure they will fix it. And honestly, it works well enough to be enjoyable.
I had a super time playing last night.
Started a new game yesterday evening and before I knew it, shockingly the sun had risen and birds were tweeting!
(my first game was only a couple of hrs, waited for most of the bug fixes)
I havent dared play again today, I'm scared nothing will get done!
Great game.

"cutting content" from games in developpement is not unheard of or even uncommon and sometimes leads to the most silly arguments (https://gamerant.com/spider-man-ps4-puddle-controversy/ came to mind) The game in it's current state is more then playable and enjoyable but that does not mean you have to like it but making it so that it's to your liking does not necesarilly make the game better for everyone else.

Well when they advertise the game as a living breathing world that is revolutionary, you do kind of get expectations that you can interact with it.

Well if the main consensus is that the game needed more time b4 beeing released complaining about slow new content drops is kind of contradiction, or maybe you also want it to be a buggy mess.
I don't give a frack what the "main consensus" is. I started playing the game in December day1 after release. It was a buggy mess then. By january when I finished my first playthrough it was very much enjoyable. So I really don't care about these minor bugfixes that fix issues that occur rarely, or not at all for most users. I'd rather they release new content, because the last two major updates only made the game worse (sacrificing draw distance for performance).

I don't give a frack what the "main consensus" is. I started playing the game in December day1 after release. It was a buggy mess then. By january when I finished my first playthrough it was very much enjoyable. So I really don't care about these minor bugfixes that fix issues that occur rarely, or not at all for most users. I'd rather they release new content, because the last two major updates only made the game worse (sacrificing draw distance for performance).

At this point they seem to have dug their grave towards trying to make the game function better on base PS4 and Xbox console. As they try to make the game run reasonably, they are just taking stuff away from those platforms so there is less game logic and screen rendering to do.

Maybe for the expansions they will drop support for legacy consoles and focus on making the game better, instead of just making it run on a potato.

At this point they seem to have dug their grave towards trying to make the game function better on base PS4 and Xbox console. As they try to make the game run better, they are just taking stuff away from those platforms so there is less game logic and screen rendering to do.

Maybe for the expansions they will drop support for legacy consoles and focus on making the game better, instead of just making it run on a potato.
Yeah I have a feeling any DLC that overhauls gameplay/gameworld mechanics might be PC/PS5/XsS/XsX only

It's a fucking miracle they were able to get this game to run at all on those potato Jaguar APUs but that's a testament to how well the game is multithreaded. First game I've ever played that is so good about evenly loading every core/thread (at least up to the 16T I'm working with)

I just don't like the game much. It feels like a bad gta for some reason. The graphics are good but the gameplay is just meh. Maybe I don't dig the story.

I just don't like the game much. It feels like a bad gta for some reason. The graphics are good but the gameplay is just meh. Maybe I don't dig the story.
I feel the strongest parts of this game are the story and visuals. The gameplay is terrible. The driving, shooting, sneaking and melee combat are surprisingly bad for a "triple A" title. Also for a cyber war type game the hacking is laughable.

Game is not for you then. the graphics and animation is beyond good. It's down right great. Gameplay is fine; But that opinion differs from one person to the next.

Back