Cyberpunk 2077

There is some room for improvement for the NPC AI. It isn't good by any stretch but about on par with a typical open world game. But I'd like to see it improved if possible. Cars are a bit easy to spin out of control (see Dan_D's post above) which can be tuned. Small quality of life changes. But I doubt they would make much of a difference to the overall gameplay.

I was thinking more in regards to how they react to some of the more unusual weapons, for example the wallhacking guns, netrunner skills, when a body is found, etc. The way this game functions that really needs to be tweaked and is a large contributor to it being to easy. For example if someone is using a wall hack gun, they (AI) shouldn't sit behind cover like it does, any other tactic would be better. Those are pretty simple tweaks.

I feel like this might be broken?

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077 2021-04-06 13-49-16.png
    Cyberpunk2077 2021-04-06 13-49-16.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
the DPS calculation in inventory is definitely wonky but that one seems plausible if it's applying the bonus damage modifiers to each shot pellet individually.

well, I won't lie. I'm modding/cheating my ass off anyways so it doesn't matter. I just thought it was a funny bug.

Nice, my computer ramped up for a minute or two when I first fired it up this morning, caught the tail end of it being a CP update.

The 30,000 is only what CD Projekt themselves did. Those were instances where stores had a no refund policy, or GOG. That isn't including consoles and Steam. I bet the numbers are much higher on Steam. Still, probably only a few hundred thousand at the most. Probably the most on Steam, which has a friendly and fairly automatic return policy. Not sure how Sony/MS works.

Its nice they 're updating things, though I'd like to see some of the larger updates and/or content ones. I'm wondering if I should just wait until the "Enhanced / Definitive Edition" arrives to play through with the kind of major revamps that often come to CDPR games.

I believe the impending patch is the last patch of fixes and CDPR are moving onto content.

I believe the impending patch is the last patch of fixes and CDPR are moving onto content.

"last patch of fixes"...again...not a chance...not even a .01% chance...

The major end goals for CDPR are to A) get Sony to let Cyberpunk back on the PlayStation store, but it’s unclear how many bugs it needs to fix or how much it has to improve performance for that to happen...B) get past the narrative that Cyberpunk is a buggy, unfinished game, and putting out enough fixes so it feels “complete” before new content arrives

getting past that narrative is a major obstacle...

The major end goals for CDPR are to A) get Sony to let Cyberpunk back on the PlayStation store, but it’s unclear how many bugs it needs to fix or how much it has to improve performance for that to happen...B) get past the narrative that Cyberpunk is a buggy, unfinished game, and putting out enough fixes so it feels “complete” before new content arrives

The only place I will agree with you is the consoles, yes those are for all indications a buggy mess. PC is fine.

I'm just going to agree to disagree and move on from your narrative.*

*I will laugh if the next patch is the last major bug fix (as predicted) and they move on, which is what their saying.

I recently uninstalled the game. Couldn't play it after Jackie was killed. Lost interest in it. Spent a lot of time before that wandering around the city, although full of NPC's the game seemed dead. Only so many times I can kill street thugs / criminal ripper docs and wander in to Dildo shops.

That is pretty early on in the game. There is more to it and it does get better, but it never achieves greatness. But it is good and I felt like the city had enough character. If you're in the first two areas like Watson you're probably running into a lot of the kill random thugs for police side missions, of which there are plenty. I felt like that was all the game had to offer until I learned to skip them as well as the car pop ups. There are better side quest arcs the pop up as you push more into the story.

I recently uninstalled the game. Couldn't play it after Jackie was killed. Lost interest in it. Spent a lot of time before that wandering around the city, although full of NPC's the game seemed dead. Only so many times I can kill street thugs / criminal ripper docs and wander in to Dildo shops.

I was glad he died. He was annoying and slowed down the game early on.

I think that getting DLC out is an important part of changing that narrative, in a somewhat roundabout way. The Forbes article says it well...
New content is the only thing that would get me to engage with Cyberpunk again at this point, as bug fixes aren’t really something to come back for unless you’re stuck on a very specific mission.
v.1.2x is already in pretty good shape, if CDPR can continue to get the most visible and game-breaking bugs fixed in the next month or two and then drop a free DLC this summer, the DLC release will put 2077 back in the news cycle and give an opportunity for new, more positive reviews. I'm a die-hard fan that's been playing since 1.05 and powering thru the bugs because I enjoy the game so much but like the Forbes author indicated, there are a lot of folks who just aren't thinking about the game at this point and a DLC-induced media blitz showcasing that the game now has fewer bugs and more features would help fix that.

The one dildo shop that has zero interaction....

Precisely!

Why go through the efforts of programming a dildo shop without any interaction, that's just lazy.
There is always something to complain about. If they had programmed interaction in said shop, someone else would complain about no interaction in another area. If they were to make every single NPC interactive, the game would be waiting for a few more years to be released. No game has it all.

There is always something to complain about. If they had programmed interaction in said shop, someone else would complain about no interaction in another area. If they were to make every single NPC interactive, the game would be waiting for a few more years to be released. No game has it all.

psst, it was meant to be funny :)

Wonder if this game is ever getting any significant changes or just a series of bug fixes. The way this game went from one of the most hyped ever to just disappearing from discussions is pretty crazy.

Wonder if this game is ever getting any significant changes or just a series of bug fixes. The way this game went from one of the most hyped ever to just disappearing from discussions is pretty crazy.
There's a lot of free dlc mini expansions in the pipeline, but they gotta get the game in working order enough to actually gain hype for those free dlc to sell more copies.

I think getting back on the PlayStation store is a necessary first step.

Yeah it kind of died after that. I couldn’t even get myself to finish this game. Was also severely disappointed with the 3 “life choices” that just put you into the exact same position after 30 minutes.

Yeah it kind of died after that. I couldn’t even get myself to finish this game. Was also severely disappointed with the 3 “life choices” that just put you into the exact same position after 30 minutes.
That's certainly one of the most glaring issues with the game's design and why I've never stuck with any of the other paths.

I put 140 hours in it. I did all the main and side quests, even bought all the cars. There's literally nothing left for me to do except perhaps finish the last ending. I did two of the endings just loading the save game right before the ending, but wasn't particularly interested in the 3rd ending. I've loaded it up a couple times since I beat it, to see if they added more content. Doesn't seem like they have.

There's still a lot of enjoyable content after Jackie dies, probably more enjoyable really. I'd give the game a B. It really needed another year of development, but I still found it enjoyable.

I put 140 hours in it. I did all the main and side quests, even bought all the cars. There's literally nothing left for me to do except perhaps finish the last ending. I did two of the endings just loading the save game right before the ending, but wasn't particularly interested in the 3rd ending. I've loaded it up a couple times since I beat it, to see if they added more content. Doesn't seem like they have.

There's still a lot of enjoyable content after Jackie dies, probably more enjoyable really. I'd give the game a B. It really needed another year of development, but I still found it enjoyable.

If you do the main missions first he dies within the first few hours of gameplay. So yeah, there is a lot more enjoyable content after he dies. I only played through once and I have 36 hours of playtime and I didn't play every side mission.

I wasn't really interested in replaying it because it seemed like every choice you made was just a a pseudo choice or it just plain didn't matter Not just for the story of the game, but just for the general game world. For example in Skyrim if you killed an NPC they were dead the rest of the game, their house was vacant, you didn't see them walking around, etc. In Cyberpunk it doesn't affect the game at all because it's just some randomly generated NPC that doesn't have a home, route they take, or any real role in the game than to fill space.

If I were to replay it would seem too much like playing the same game again. Yeah I could try different loadouts which does make the gameplay different, which was a very cool part of the game, but I kind of tried them all out on my first playthrough. Maybe if an expansion or expansion like mod comes out I'll play it again. I really liked the game, it just wasn't at the same level as Skyrim or Oblivion for me.

There are 5 or more endings as I recall.

There are some specific endings that get locked out based on your choices. One of them is kind of a "hidden" ending.
From what I recall, starting from Embers, you can get always get all of the endings except one specific one, which requires your relationship with Johnny to be at a certain point.

From what I recall, starting from Embers, you can get always get all of the endings except one specific one, which requires your relationship with Johnny to be at a certain point.
Yes, from Embers you can get them all if your relationship is at 70% with Johnny. The hidden ending is activated by not deciding what to do on the roof of Vic's clinic for five actual minutes. At that point Johnny proposes a third option, where you don't put any of your friends or Johnny's at risk.

Back