Cyberpunk 2077

CD Projekt has ‘decided to reconsider’ Cyberpunk 2077’s multiplayer

In a strategy update video released today, CD Projekt said that it has "decided to reconsider" its plans for Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer...as part of a broader move toward a more "agile" approach to development, the studio is shifting its focus to bringing online elements to all its games "where they make sense."

The exact nature of Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer has never really been nailed down, but it was expected to be something big, possibly akin to GTA Online...now, however, it sounds like that plan has been scrapped...

I'm not going to watch a 25-minute roadmap video, but it seems like getting the normal game smoothed out should usurp any multiplayer plans.

So after I installed the patch last night, it wasn't but a couple of minutes in that I saw a NPC get up from a table, walk ten feet and sit down at an imaginary table...lol.:unsure:

So after I installed the patch last night, it wasn't but a couple of minutes in that I saw a NPC get up from a table, walk ten feet and sit down at an imaginary table...lol.:unsure:
ezgif-6-df3b630bbe03.gif

MP 2077 is going to end up like FO76...
I actually hope it could substitute for what the single player game didn't allow: Just be a merc in night city with no strings attached. Hopefully it won't be just some pvp, but filled with actual pve content that can be soloed.

The game should remain a single player experience. Not every game needs to jump on the multi player band wagon. I enjoy the game for its single player focus. I started playing the game at 1.12 version. I experienced none of the bugs mentioned in this thread. So my opinion of the game is the pollar opposite to those with complaints. The game is one of if not the most graphically beautiful games I've ever played; The attention paid to detail is impressive. And the animation is on par with the graphics. Then again playing on a 3090 on a glossy monitor may obscure my opinion.

The game should remain a single player experience. Not every game needs to jump on the multi player band wagon. I enjoy the game for its single player focus. I started playing the game at 1.12 version. I experienced none of the bugs mentioned in this thread. So my opinion of the game is the pollar opposite to those with complaints. The game is one of if not the most graphically beautiful games I've ever played; The attention paid to detail is impressive. And the animation is on par with the graphics. Then again playing on a 3090 on a glossy monitor may obscure my opinion.

Many individuals complaining about bugs are just reposting and have no first hand knowledge.

I played from day one, only got two obvious bugs in 97hr so far.

Multiplayer is a pretty obvious fit for CP2077, abandon the centralized narrative and let people be runners in Night City.

Many individuals complaining about bugs are just reposting and have no first hand knowledge.

I played from day one, only got two obvious bugs in 97hr so far.
Yeah, if you look on Reddit it seems like the game is totally broken. It's not.

I have a 175 hours so far, only had 1 crash, and seen some glitches but nothing that was game breaking.

I read the article, but it was kind of biased. Because with an Nvidia GPU, if you don't use DLSS, the performance is pretty bad as well.

Once AMD fixes the FidelityFX bug and adds their version of DLSS (which should be coming soon) I think it will be a very different story.

it's not really biased...they're just comparing AMD performance with RT enabled...it's not their fault that AMD has no DLSS equivalent at the moment

Yeah, if you look on Reddit it seems like the game is totally broken. It's not.

I have a 175 hours so far, only had 1 crash, and seen some glitches but nothing that was game breaking.

Haven't had any crashes. Only Glitches I got was a single T-pose when getting on a bike and Jackie being on top of the delamain cab instead of inside it.

it's not really biased...they're just comparing AMD performance with RT enabled...it's not their fault that AMD has no DLSS equivalent at the moment
I agree.
DLSS in CP2077 is very good, not many people will refuse it with RT.

This is the only way to show by their rules getting all the patches/download content while paying 60%+ less for the game. Problem is apparently this view is the minority.

Naa, people buy things when they want them, use them as they want to, then discard and move on. You position is a false sense of superiority of those that wait that somehow things would be better if everyone just waited (which is proven time and again to be a lie, companies will still cut corners to maximize profit and the consumer can't do anything about it, kinda like GME was going to take down the hedgefunds but actually didn't and only made many fund managers even wealthier).

You cannot win the game when the other side literally holds all the cards, at best you can justify the FOMO by your thinking. If there was no FOMO people wouldn't feel the need to constantly broadcast that waiting means a cheaper more polished product (paid for by those that did not wait, and that wouldn't exist in a polished state if everyone just waited).

Naa, people buy things when they want them, use them as they want to, then discard and move on. You position is a false sense of superiority of those that wait that somehow things would be better if everyone just waited (which is proven time and again to be a lie, companies will still cut corners to maximize profit and the consumer can't do anything about it, kinda like GME was going to take down the hedgefunds but actually didn't and only made many fund managers even wealthier).

You cannot win the game when the other side literally holds all the cards, at best you can justify the FOMO by your thinking. If there was no FOMO people wouldn't feel the need to constantly broadcast that waiting means a cheaper more polished product (paid for by those that did not wait, and that wouldn't exist in a polished state if everyone just waited).

We'll have to agree to disagree because I have been doing that for quite a few years while not suffering regret for preordering ever. The internet is full of those posts. But you do you!

We'll have to agree to disagree because I have been doing that for quite a few years while not suffering regret for preordering ever. The internet is full of those posts. But you do you!

You clearly don't understand then, because the only disagreement is in your head.

You clearly don't understand then, because the only disagreement is in your head.

LOL sure OK, the intent was never to win the game but get the best/most polished product for my money. Go argue with someone else FFS. :rolleyes:

LOL sure OK, the intent was never to win the game but get the best/most polished product for my money. Go argue with someone else FFS. :rolleyes:

Great, so you can agree the only reason that best/most polished product exists is that the product was successful in the first place. Glad we came full circle.

I have nothing against waiting, but the idea that somehow if everyone waited we would have better products is misguided at best. If your going to suffer from FOMO, don't wait, if your going to complain that the product is like every other product on launch, then wait.

Great, so you can agree the only reason that best/most polished product exists is that the product was successful in the first place. Glad we came full circle.

I never argued that these games were not successful? All that shit is in your head. :wideyed:

most gamers are not patient...they need to play a game immediately no matter how buggy or what performance issues it has...Cyberpunk 2077 is a perfect example...if you tell them that the game will be in much better shape 4 months later they can't wait and don't understand that some people want to wait...I was really looking forward to CP2077 but have no issues waiting for multiple patches

your first time playing a game will always be the best experience because everything is new...replaying a game later does not hold that same appeal...so you want that first time through to be the best it can possibly be...all games will be better after multiple patches but most of them don't start out as buggy as Arkham Knight or CP2077 so the endpoint is not a totally different experience then playing on Day 1

I never argued that these games were not successful? All that shit is in your head. :wideyed:
I admit your English is rather broken, I may have miss interpreted:
This is the only way to show by their rules getting all the patches/download content while paying 60%+ less for the game. Problem is apparently this view is the minority.

Maybe you did not mean to imply you or the consumer would somehow show companies how its done is to wait and pay 60% or less for the game while using emojis to fill in for broken English. That is what I disagree with, you/consumer will never win, will never show them how it is done, they will just change the dynamic right out from under you.

Maybe you did not mean to imply you or the consumer would somehow show companies how its done is to wait and pay 60% or less for the game while using emojis to fill in for broken English. That is what I disagree with, you/consumer will never win, will never show them how it is done, they will just change the dynamic right out from under you.

Maybe you did not mean to imply you or the consumer would somehow show companies how its done is to wait and pay 60% or less for the game while using emojis to fill in for broken English.

Broken English argument now, wow...LOL WTF. Try and ask to clarify things first before jumping to conclusions about what I actually meant.

And yes, if we did not jump on beta releases with pre-orders they might learn to polish their games beforehand. But you are right, Naa we'll never learn.

most gamers are not patient...they need to play a game immediately no matter how buggy or what performance issues it has...Cyberpunk 2077 is a perfect example...if you tell them that the game will be in much better shape 4 months later they can't wait and don't understand that some people want to wait...I was really looking forward to CP2077 but have no issues waiting for multiple patches

your first time playing a game will always be the best experience because everything is new...replaying a game later does not hold that same appeal...so you want that first time through to be the best it can possibly be...all games will be better after multiple patches but most of them don't start out as buggy as Arkham Knight or CP2077 so the endpoint is not a totally different experience then playing on Day 1

Oh I agree with that. It looks like people still enjoyed the game. I found what I believe to be a better albeit more patient way to get the most bang for the buck! Like I stated I'm in the minority. ;)

I love how the latest 1.2 patch has something like 484 fixes yet we still have the same people saying that there are barely any bugs or they have only seen maybe 1-2 bugs lol...so the developer is lying, reviewers are lying and anyone who posts about these bugs is lying...

Broken English argument now, wow...LOL WTF. Try and ask to clarify things first before jumping to conclusions about what I actually meant.

And yes, if we did not jump on beta releases with pre-orders they might learn to polish their games beforehand. But you are right, Naa we'll never learn.

No it isn't about learning, and yes you are maybe done. If people waited, companies would just wait as well. Nothing will change the lack of polish on release when companies literally hold all the power, it isn't about us never learning its that there is nothing we do that actually matters.

The only thing that has mattered in the entirety of the CP2077 boondoggle is the investors and institutions suing CDPR, and that isn't about the consumer either.

Try properly presenting your point maybe, perhaps a read or two of what you write? Could even be a good analogy for the beta-test argument.

No it isn't about learning, and yes you are maybe done. If people waited, companies would just wait as well. Nothing will change the lack of polish on release when companies literally hold all the power, it isn't about us never learning its that there is nothing we do that actually matters.

The only thing that has mattered in the entirety of the CP2077 boondoggle is the investors and institutions suing CDPR, and that isn't about the consumer either.

Try properly presenting your point maybe, perhaps a read or two of what you write? Could even be a good analogy for the beta-test argument.

I presented it just fine, you interpreted my opinion wrong and jumped to conclusions. Try not being such an ahole next time.

Haven't had any crashes. Only Glitches I got was a single T-pose when getting on a bike and Jackie being on top of the delamain cab instead of inside it.
I just went back to play FC5 and ran into more bugs in 1 hour than I did in 5 with CP.

The bugs in CP have been overblown since day 1, in my experience, and certainly now after the patches.

I love how the latest 1.2 patch has something like 484 fixes yet we still have the same people saying that there are barely any bugs or they have only seen maybe 1-2 bugs lol...so the developer is lying, reviewers are lying and anyone who posts about these bugs is lying...
Most people can just over look minor bugs. To many want to scream bloody murder over the dumbass shit. The only versions that were truly broken are the base console versions and people with crappy systems.

I have over 400 hours in the game and have played it since launch. I can tell you that I experienced a ton of bugs with the game. However, none of them were game breaking. I'm not sure what conditions in which some of these issues occur. I experienced a ton of visual bugs since day one, but I've been playing it with the ray tracing ultra preset since then as well. Having more graphics options enabled and using DLSS likely introduces more chances for visual glitches so that might be part of it. I experienced severe graphical glitching ranging from UI bugs and most NPC's T-posing nude while floating around and flashing back and fourth between that and normal animation. I will say that I have only experienced a couple of quest bugs, all of which were fixed early on before 1.1.

I also experienced rendering issues at certain distances with some objects. I've seen NPC's and vehicles teleport and I have experienced a number of physics issues. In the round about around corporate plaza, I've been shot into the air with my vehicle hundreds of feet. I even have screenshots of this on my gaming rig. Several cyberware mods simply do not work as intended or do not work at all. Many gear mods do not work at all. There are quests that can't be completed without using a Cyberdeck. The Sandevistian and Berserk devices can't be used while progressing the quests. I've had audio issues where a given sound track would continue to play after mission completion and transitioning to another area. The music could be heard in tandem with the music that was supposed to play in that next section. The list of issues goes on and on.

I checked the game out after the 1.2 patch. It does indeed run better both without and with resizable BAR support. I don't have a lot of time in since v1.2, but all of the graphical glitches with the game world seem to have been corrected. However, I still see some of the UI issues continue to persist. However, these are greatly reduced as well. Small updates such as improved driving are welcome. Water still doesn't react to vehicles falling in or V swimming in it. Police are improved, but not great. They'll send in flying drones a little further away, but still approach on foot. There seems to be more of them now, but they can't drive and still more or less form a circle and close in on you. It's better that they take a few seconds to get to you, but they'll still forget you exist after 10 or 15 seconds of running away from them.

The game certainly feels more polished but it's not in a great state. It doesn't have this next generation level of interactivity we were promised, mods don't work right, the UI still doesn't work right, gear balance is still way off, weapon balance makes little sense, etc.

MP should absolutely be abandoned.
Agreed. I can see wanting to reuse these assets or even the whole game world as a Cyberpunk 2077 themed GTA online. I get that. However, most people on the CDPR forums (which is a cesspool BTW), have little to no interest in multiplayer. Fans of CDPR turn to them for rich and immersive single player RPG experiences and that's vastly different from multiplayer.

Listening to other ppls experiences and looking at mine with this game makes it apparent that the bugs/glitches can vary quite a bit from computer to computer. I've personally played on four different machines (using the same game version, same savegames, same version of Windows, same GFX driver version where applicable) and gotten slightly different results. Two separate friends who are also playing got bugs that are distinct from mine and each others. There are some, particularly the ones that appear during story missions, that seem universal or at least very common but others that I've yet to see that my friends get constantly and vice-versa.

IMO, your experience with Cyberpunk will vary depending on your hardware and your expectations. It's buggy in an "unpolished" way moreso than in a flat-out broken way. It's playable beginning to end using a lot of different builds and approaches and nearly all mission bugs are fixed by going to a save prior to the mission. Even Bethesda can't claim that. Bethesda's worlds tend to be more polished and less eyeroll-worthy, but the bugs are typically more severe, too. At least for the first 6 months.

Hardware-wise, I found that the visuals don't necessarily reflect the hardware needed to achieve them. That's not even counting ray tracing, which looks impressive, but basically requires the highest-end possible hardware. That is unless you're cool with FPS in the 30's or lots of random bogdowns. Even with good hardware you're going to need to use one of the more aggressive DLSS modes. If you're on a system from 2-3 years ago the game doesn't look that great.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Back