Cyberpunk 2077

But you can't really expect that good of a system in any game that isn't 100% focused on melee combat. The Mordhau devs spent years working on just the melee system.
Why, what's stopping them?

Why, what's stopping them?

It's not that popular of a game, and the only other game with anything close to it is Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. So I would say most devs don't even know what a better system looks like.

Pretty much everyone that has played both Skyrim and Mordhau or Chivalry has said "imagine how awesome it would be if Skyrim had this melee combat system".

You haven't played Mordhau then. Kingdom Come's system is absolute trash in comparison.

But you can't really expect that good of a system in any game that isn't 100% focused on melee combat. The Mordhau devs spent years working on just the melee system.

Half a like, Mordhau is amazing, but the two are different systems Mordhau is action oriented, KCD is RPG/Tactical.

KCD takes time and patience to learn and master, so I'm not surprised.
Oh, the old mantra, of "spend X hours with it and then it will start to feel good" spiced with a hint of elitism, how quaint. I'd rather spend my time with games that are fun from the start.

Better Stealth FPS: Dishonored

Dishonored 1 and its DLC and Dishonored 2 (forget about Death of the Outsider imo) are truly superb. I feel like D2 is perhaps the better starting point since it's more engaging from the start but in either order they're a treat.

As for 2077's stealth though, for someone who enjoys stealth games it's not the shabbiest. I actually enjoyed playing it like a stealth game since various of the sidequests are better optimized for stealth with enemy line of sight covering each other and some vertical gameplay options sprinkled about.

I've been promising myself that when it fell below $30, I'd buy it. It's now $27 on CDKeys so looks like I might take the plunge.

KCD takes time and patience to learn and master, so I'm not surprised.

The combat sucks man and I love the game warts and all. Without a trainer it's all but hopeless at times.

I like the melee combat from Dishonored a lot. I can't think of any FPS games that do it better. I always liked the melee combat from Oblivion and even Fallout 76, too.
Cyberpunk's melee wasn't bad, it just wasn't super fleshed-out. Outside of the boxing matches, I usually just spammed the normal swing attacks. I found that to be more effective in actual battles. I get it, though. It's tough to balance a game where you have a variety of guns that should be 100x better than swinging a bat or machete.

I consider the Dishonored series classics and desperately want more.

The combat sucks man and I love the game warts and all. Without a trainer it's all but hopeless at times.

I disagree, I mastered that combat system without any help. I understand why many found it frustrating and gave up or cheated.

Mouse direction swing aiming is janky.

Oh, the old mantra, of "spend X hours with it and then it will start to feel good" spiced with a hint of elitism, how quaint. I'd rather spend my time with games that are fun from the start.

You hate almost everything and you make sure everyone knows it.

I disagree, I mastered that combat system without any help. I understand why many found it frustrating and gave up or cheated.

To be fair I played the game back when it first came out before any patches or anything. Come to think of it.... hmmmm... I'm way overdue for that replay. ;)

To be fair I played the game back when it first came out before any patches or anything. Come to think of it.... hmmmm... I'm way overdue for that replay. ;)

so did I, i found two things helped a lot.

One was using a heavy blunt weapon, as weight on the overhand swing would cripple blocking arms and usually one shot with a clean head shot.

two was going through all the training in Rattay, it unlocks most of the 'moves' and more importantly the perfect counter/block move (q).

With a small amount of cheese I then started to actually get good at it instead of beating my head against the wall. by midgame I'd ditched the cheese, ran with a longsword and rather enjoyed my roaming knight.

I do get that, but I've played games that I thought were terrible up front and found them being decent to good. I almost quit on my first play through of Mass Effect within the first hour or so.

You hate almost everything and you make sure everyone knows it.
You accuse me of hating everything when discussing a game I like. LOL It's not me hating everything it's that people only get upset when I criticize things they like. I don't know why they demand that I must like the games too that they like.

LOL, obviously I was exaggerating, but you knew that already and just took the opportunity for some trolling. And here I was expecting an honest discussion.
Oh, so your exaggerated "exactly 5 seconds" wasn't trolling. Gotcha. ;)

As for Dishonored I just re-installed it, because I didn't remember much about it and I don't like speaking out of my ass. So I just played an hour of it, and I'm honestly surprised that this game actually came out the same year as ME3? By looking at it I'd date it 5 years before ME1. And playing It, it feels very outdated. Whoever thinks this does stealth better than CP2077 has nostalgia clouding their judgement.

Oh, so your exaggerated "exactly 5 seconds" wasn't trolling. Gotcha. ;)
Don't give me that shit. You literally thought I played a game for 5 seconds? So you must think me stupid then, which is the crux of the problem isn't it? You think I'm stupid because I don't like the game you like.

Don't give me that shit. You literally thought I played a game for 5 seconds? So you must think me stupid then, which is the crux of the problem isn't it? You think I'm stupid because I don't like the game you like.
Huh? Much like you, I never played KCD. Take the stick out and laugh a little bud.

You accuse me of hating everything when discussing a game I like. LOL It's not me hating everything it's that people only get upset when I criticize things they like. I don't know why they demand that I must like the games too that they like.

Naa, its that your critique for games you don't like are poor, it usually consist of 'I didn't like it in the first x minutes so I quit' or 'the protagonist bugged me so I quit'.

case in point, what games have melee, discussion ensues, you see someone mention a game you dislike and wam, your all over it like a fat cop in a donut shop. You can't even comment on KCD melee vs. CP2077, or Mordhau, but your in it like a fly on stink anyway.

I don't care that you don't like it, but you sure care to post what games you don't like, repeatedly, in multiple threads and the list is long. I believe that is why you constantly find yourself being targeted in threads.

You also almost always take the bait (or turn something into bait and complain) because that sticks shoved up so far.

CP2077 is far from the best at any single system, as a package its a good game that could have been great. The only place where CP2077 might be the current GOAT is in world size and graphics, particularly the lighting, some moments are eerily realistic, but then something drops the ball and its back to looking like a mash between N64 and a modern triple A game.

Why doesn't every melee game implement a system like Mordhau? because it would be hard as hell to balance it with every other system in most games, Mordhau is straight up a PvP medieval battlefield, much less to balance outside of combat.

As for Dishonored I just re-installed it, because I didn't remember much about it and I don't like speaking out of my ass. So I just played an hour of it, and I'm honestly surprised that this game actually came out the same year as ME3? By looking at it I'd date it 5 years before ME1. And playing It, it feels very outdated. Whoever thinks this does stealth better than CP2077 has nostalgia clouding their judgement.

I mean do you read how you write? "Whoever thinks this does steath better has nostalgia clouding this Judgement" your just begging to be rammed. I don't care to test it myself and reinstall dishonored, but I remember sneaking that game 100%, and sneaking in CP2077 is such I joke I just gave up and went with shooting everyone.

Last edited:

Did you finish the game? The gameplay mechanics are pretty basic early on. It is easily better than CP2077, IMO. A lot of the abilities are similar but the implementation and map design lends itself to better stealth gameplay in Dishonored. As in, actually accomplishing mission objectives.

Yes, Dishonored stealth was better, but it's basically a stealth game so that is expected.

In Cyberpunk you can play stealth, or action, or hacking, or a mix, so I don't think it's surprising none of those options are better than a game that focuses on one.

But I agree Dishonored level design is better, as were the recent Deus Ex games.

seems like you enjoy being a contrarian for the sake of being different or edgy...you like games others don't like as much or have issues with and dislike games people praise...and for games you like you seem to dismiss all valid criticism based on your need to enjoy it...a game can be an 8 and still be a great game...the internet mentality of everything either being the greatest thing ever or the worst game ever is silly...most games fall into the gap between a 10 and a zero

dismissing games outright after only played an hour like Kingdom Come: Deliverance or Dishonored is foolish...you didn't play it long enough to form a valid opinion...I didn't understand the greatness of Dark Souls after the first few hours (it took me about halfway through the game for things to click) as there were a ton of mechanics and gameplay features that needed to be learned but after finishing the game I consider the Souls series my all time favorite...sometimes it takes time to learn the game before you can appreciate its greatness

Last edited:
I had that issue with Doom Eternal. First 2 hours I thought the game sucked, I had to push through and understand the strategy. Now it's one of my favorite FPS games.

But I saw too many people dislike the game after playing an hour, or didn't understand why the developers tried to innovate (with jumping mechanics and gun strategy) and just dismissed the game entirely.

I try to always finish games I start, and I even play games that got bad reviews and end up liking them. Like recently I played The Order 1886 on PS4 and it was amazing for me. But it got horrible reviews, you really can't trust random people on the internet.

Yes, Dishonored stealth was better, but it's basically a stealth game so that is expected.
Did you play it recently? Because I'm telling you it's not. I just started playing it again, and at the very best it's on par with CP2077, it has the same basic mechanics, nothing different. What makes it seem somewhat more engaging is the level design as it is mostly linear. In an open world game the patrol route of npcs can't be designed in a way like that, so you can use the wait and sneak past method in it. But in the end it also has the same basic annoyance as CP2077, you stealth through 90% of a level, but then somenoe notices you and all hell breaks loose. But stealth is definitely much easier in Dishonored, almost to the point of triviality. Which was also a problem in the new DeusEx games.

In Cyberpunk you can play stealth, or action, or hacking, or a mix, so I don't think it's surprising none of those options are better than a game that focuses on one.
Any element in a game can de done well even if it doesn't focus on it. Like the driving mechanics are done well in CP2077 (just as in Mafia, which people also frowned on due to it being "too difficult to control")

But I agree Dishonored level design is better, as were the recent Deus Ex games.
You got to be kidding. DeusEx Human revolution had one of the weakest level designs from recent memory. It is improved in Mankind Divided, but that's still not great at it. Dishonored's level design is leaps and bounds better, than those. But CP2077 is open world, so it is comparing apples to oranges. I don't find any fault with the level design of CP2077 unlike that of Human Revolution.

seems like you enjoy being a contrarian for the sake of being different or edgy...you like games others don't like as much or have issues with and dislike games people praise..
Just because I'm honest about the issues games have doesn't mean I hate them. No game is perfect, but some like to ignore their faults, and when I point them out they go berserk. "HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE THAT BELOVED GAME" I don't deny my experiences, nothing is untouchable and nothing is perfect. If I finish a game that means I liked it well enough. Otherwise I'd have not spent the time on playing it to the end.
.and for games you like you seem to dismiss all valid criticism based on your need to enjoy it..
I both criticized and praised CP2077 for various things, and in both cases I get vehement pushback, just from different people.So It seems to me I'm in the middle ground between fanboys who don't want to hear any criticism, and haters who think it's all bad and not worth playing.
.a game can be an 8 and still be a great game...the internet mentality of everything either being the greatest thing ever or the worst game ever is silly...most games fall into the gap between a 10 and a zero
Yet fanboys try to present their beloved games as 10s all the time, and when I say anything critical about it I'm persona non grata.
dismissing games outright after only played an hour like Kingdom Come: Deliverance or Dishonored is foolish...
When did I say I dismissed Dishonored? I just stated that the stealth mechanics of it are no better than in CP2077. And that it seems much older than it is actually.
Kingdom Come I dismissed for various reasons, but the main reason was the frustrating melee. Which is an important part in a medieval game. It's a dealbreaker if it's not fun to do an activity you'll be doing through the majority of the game.
For example it would be a deal breaker to me in GTA if the driving or shooting was completely unfun.
you didn't play it long enough to form a valid opinion...
That's just gatekeeping. How do you dteremine "long enough"? Until I start liking it or bust? There is no rule that says you need to play any game for X hours to determine whether you like them or not. Some games I dismiss quickly, others I spend 3-4 hours on before tossing them to the kerb, it all depends on how interesting and fun they are, and how many things I encounter that I don't like. If I already played a game for a longer period it's very unlikely that I'd dismiss them, as they need to have some redeeming values for me to get that far, and that's not going to change for the rest of it.
I didn't understand the greatness of Dark Souls after the first few hours (it took me about halfway through the game for things to click) as there were a ton of mechanics and gameplay features that needed to be learned but after finishing the game I consider the Souls series my all time favorite...sometimes it takes time to learn the game before you can appreciate its greatness
Not seeing the greatness and not finding any redeeming values in it is not the same. You wouldn't play 50% of a game that you liked nothing about would you?
I'm certainly not going to torture myself for half the length of a game in the off chance that I might enjoy the rest of it. Not to mention how unrealistic that is that I'd hate 50% of a game and love the other 50% It either shows some redeeming qualities from the start that keeps me coming back and engaged or it doesn't. It's simple as that.

Last edited:
seems like you enjoy being a contrarian for the sake of being different or edgy...you like games others don't like as much or have issues with and dislike games people praise...
Nailed it. That's why the "ignore" feature is such a beautiful thing.

Reactions: blurp
like this
Do the "Assault in Progress" quests end or regenerate? I have been burning through them off-and-on and feel like they're not decreasing in frequency, but that could be perception rather than reality. I do notice that most if not all have some custom content (typically a shard unique to the event) which leads me to believe that they are finite, but I am not sure.

I'm also having an issue with a side gig about a sentient vending machine (ha!) that has the yellow ! but I cannot interact with it.

I'm not even sure what were arguing about anymore. I loved Cyberpunk though, I spent 175 hours in it so far.

I'm not even sure what were arguing about anymore. I loved Cyberpunk though, I spent 175 hours in it so far.
We should not be arguing, we should be discussing, but apparently that's impossible because some just take it too personally.

Not mine and found on Reddit. Cyberpunk keyboard; I think it's cool but I'd want a full size keyboard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/ljviue/i_created_a_cyberpunk_2077_keyboard/

1613346367874.png

That's pretty nice. I like slim keyboards, but I do use the function keys a lot for programming.

Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.2 delayed

The studio cited the recent hacking as the culprit, which saw source code for multiple games and sensitive company documents stolen, as well as the company's servers being hit with an encryption attack...CDPR says: "the recent cyber attack on the studio’s IT infrastructure and extensive scope of the update mean this unfortunately will not happen — we’ll need some additional time."

"Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March"...

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1364607741680115717

Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.2 delayed

The studio cited the recent hacking as the culprit, which saw source code for multiple games and sensitive company documents stolen, as well as the company's servers being hit with an encryption attack...CDPR says: "the recent cyber attack on the studio’s IT infrastructure and extensive scope of the update mean this unfortunately will not happen — we’ll need some additional time."

"Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March"...

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1364607741680115717
I was going to post a link to this earlier, but then I just shrugged.. did anyone honestly expect different?

Back