Cyberpunk 2077

Address Space Layout Randomization DLLs are the newer secure style that adds the security needed to keep DLL's from being able to be used as malware (very tldr). But I agree that they should translate to english more...

since hotpatch...I'm getting all sort of weirdness now. graphic weirdness, map weirdness, crashes again.

Those of you that have hundreds of hours. What are you spending your time on in the game?

I only have 36 hours total. I only did one playthrough. I completed a bunch of the side quests, then they got kind of boring so I completed the main game. The game was great, but I don't really desire to do any additional playthroughs. I don't plan to go back until there's a major content update or good mods. With how many hours some of you guys I'm wondering if I'm just missing out on some of the really fun parts of the game? What are they? Or maybe it's just not something I would enjoy, I typically only watch movies once, and I know a lot of people like to watch the same one over and over.

By comparison I have 344 hours in Skyrim doing multiple playthroughs and playing tons of different mods. Skyrim and Oblivion are the only single player games I thought were better than Cyberpunk and I have the most hours of them by far for any single player games I've played. The only other single player game I've completed in the past decade is Shenmue 3 which I put 42 hours with just one playthrough, actually more than Cyberpunk and I didn't even play the DLC.

By contrast I have thousands, maybe millions of hours in various multiplayer games.

I cleared the map, all missions done. Some of the police missions seem boring, but sometimes there are surprises, and sometimes one thing leads to another and there are additional side-missions that are unlocked.

On my first playthrough it took 126 hours to complete everything and most of the endings. Now it's a little boring on my second play, but I'm still seeing some random stuff I didn't catch the first time around.

The problem is there are many mundane quests but they appear the same as some of the bigger side quests on the map. In general, outside of Watson the side quests are better but a huge amount are still Cyber Psychos. I was mostly doing things in Watson initially and got so bored of how repetitive the side quests were until I started venturing to other places in the city.

I'd agree that there's basically zero emotional attachment to anything in the game. Even characters you're supposed to feel for (Panam, River, Judy, Rogue, etc.) never conjured up anything for me. In the best written games (and movies), there are moments that I remember like they involved real people. Cyberpunk never really did anything like that. I bet in 3-4 years I won't remember anything about it except the hundreds of little shootouts all over the map. The writing wasn't bar or anything, they just missed the mark with emotional connections.

Not even during "Pyramid Song"?
That one really pulled me in, although the soundtrack may have had a lot to do with it as well.

Played a bunch today and im done with c9nversations. I just want to play. Cant mash C fast enough.

The story is so meh and the dialog is also so meh i care not for it one bit. The unskipable stuff is torture at this point.

Maybe cause im 100 hours in clearing everything that isnt main quests first always but nothing matters in this game. Nothing connects. I just want to play

Not even during "Pyramid Song"?
That one really pulled me in, although the soundtrack may have had a lot to do with it as well.
There are a few moments in the game that work in a vacuum, but it doesn't have a lasting effect. You don't get real attachment to any characters, because there is just not enough opportunity to interact with them. For example in Mass Effect there is about a 100 times more lines of dialogue between you and any one of the main cast. And in many of them there are actual meaningful choices. CP has none of that. It's either an all roads lead to rome deal, or cut off forever. There is no nuance, no intimacy. The interactions are robotic and never feel your own.

Played a bunch today and im done with c9nversations. I just want to play. Cant mash C fast enough.
I usually consider skipping of cutscenes on a first playtrough sacrilege, but with this game even I couldn't help myself. A lot of the conversations and cutscenes are torture, meaningless, or outright aggravating. Especially the silvertongue ones.

This is definitely one of those games where I blew through a lot of the conversations. Even a few of the main ones. You can see where things are heading immediately in 99% of them. In general, the game doesn't really toss any surprises at you after the heist. That doesn't mean it doesn't have its moments and it wasn't fun (I really did enjoy it a lot), it's just a little bit hollow.

It'll be interesting to see what the DLC missions bring to the table. I hope at least one of them is a string of missions like River, Panam, Judy, or even Claire. For what it's worth, there's a huge building in the south central part of the map that has individual floors, rooms, etc. that was never used for any missions except finding tarot graffiti. I stumbled upon a couple others that got additional development, but never seemed to actually play any role in the game. No clue if those are vestiges of dropped stories or if they were scoped out for future missions.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Yep, and every now and then I misread the response and am a tool when I'm thinking I'm going to be polite... :ROFLMAO:

so question, the point of no return, do you get to do anything at all after it?

I've cleared the map of anything I could possible do and by the achievements I've done the story lines of everything I think, bought all the cars, etc that I can see.

so question, the point of no return, do you get to do anything at all after it?

I've cleared the map of anything I could possible do and by the achievements I've done the story lines of everything I think, bought all the cars, etc that I can see.

When you complete that mission it starts you off with a new savegame that's basically right before you started that mission. I *think* it keeps anything you found in the final mission in your inventory, though. Other than that, it's just another savegame.

Essentially everything is restored, but you get to keep some special items for each ending. Or at least the main ones. Implants, special weapons and maybe outfits? One of the ending unequipped my standard implants and I had to go to a ripper doc to get them reinstalled.

also, the 3 options they give you while looking at the view, is that what determines the ending?

Have about 9 hours in. Level 3 right now with 2 available attributes and 3 perks

I always do this when this with rpgs and that is struggle to decide what kind of build to make. I always end up not playing anymore becuase if this dilemma

I also read and watch vids which makes choosing more difficult as there are so many varying opinions

I know net runners and hacks are op but seems like after awhile just destroying everything with hacks and daemons would seem to get boring

I know that investing in 3 would be the best but I like the jack of all trades as I would like to use all the attributes in my play through

Have about 9 hours in. Level 3 right now with 2 available attributes and 3 perks

I always do this when this with rpgs and that is struggle to decide what kind of build to make. I always end up not playing anymore becuase if this dilemma

I also read and watch vids which makes choosing more difficult as there are so many varying opinions

I know net runners and hacks are op but seems like after awhile just destroying everything with hacks and daemons would seem to get boring

I know that investing in 3 would be the best but I like the jack of all trades as I would like to use all the attributes in my play through

You have OCD mate, force yourself past it. Otherwise you are giving yourself a hard time for no reason at all.
You'll never understand the game if you dont play it.
If you screw up, load an old save and try again, simples.

You can succeed (even dominate) with literally any build in this game. That's one of the cool things about it. You don't have to pour all of your stats into 1-2 areas to do well. You can toss 'em into anything and you can do well as a jack of all trades. By the end of the game, you'll be one whether you want to or not anyway. There are a handful of totally worthless abilities, but they don't even sound worthwhile. The throwing knives one is the only one that kinda does.

Game crashed at the end.......get to do the finale all over again.

Every mission is so anti climatic it isnt even funny. Nothing big just a to b. 110 hours to get everything done.

I have a tendency to remake characters about 3-6 times on RPG's starting over and over while I figure out the game systems. I probably spent nearly 50 hours on the prologue alone just making new characters - so for what it's worth I understand.

There are a number of builds that are OP. It's just about OP for your play-style. Part of the unspoken (and sometimes spoken) mechanics and ideas of the game is that you are supposed to become a Night City Legend to a certain degree (or at least that's one of your goals). You can get there any number of ways. Some of the most OP builds don't involve hacking at all. The shock build is probably the strongest in the game and you can barely be conscious to play it since all you need is an automatic smart weapon that shoots quickly and its damage doesn't even matter.

Anyway, all this to say, build whatever you want to build. You might not end up with something that's completely streamlined or as powerful as it can be (some stuff requires maximum 20 levels to reach their peak and frankly you can't get there if you're always spreading around points) - but you'll never have a problem completing the game regardless of how you spend your points. And you can also redistribute attribute points inside of your perk points using tabula rasa (although you can't redistribute perk points - you only get 50 at level 50 and they are locked in).

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I do got OCD. Gonna just play and enjoy. Like to use all aspects of skills but dont want to gimp myself but whatever.... haha.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I do got OCD. Gonna just play and enjoy. Like to use all aspects of skills but dont want to gimp myself but whatever.... haha.

I didnt use any perks or skill upgrades until like level 12 or so because i am the same way.

Yeah, you can't really go wrong. Most of the main missions don't require a high power in any one build, but some side missions can be harder without the right skills.

In any case, there are usually at least 2 ways of completing a mission. For example, you can hack the front door, or come in from the roof (if you have double jump), or maybe sneak in the back.

I've only seen like maybe 3 or 4 missions total that can't be completed without certain attributes. Worst case you can just go in guns blazing. That seems to work.

things are going from bad to worse for CDPR...

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1359048125403590660

CD Projekt Red says it was hacked but won't pay the ransom

With the bungled launch of Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt Red has had a rough couple of months. Now, the company tweeted that it’s been hacked and must pay a ransom or code from games like Cyberpunk 2077 and an “unreleased version of Witcher 3” will be revealed. The attackers have also dumped or threatened to dump “documents related to accounting, administration, legal, HR, investor relations and more.”

The company said that “an unidentified actor gained unauthorized access to our internal network, collected certain data belonging to CD Projekt capital group and left a ransom note the content of which we will release to the public.”...The hack could be alarming for another reason, in that parent CD Projekt owns the GoG gaming platform which holds the private information of numerous subscribers. However, it said that “at this time we can confirm that — to our best knowledge — the compromised systems did not contain any personal data of our players, or users of our services.”...

CDPR.jpg

Last edited:
i don't get the ending....one second they say one thing, 2 second later it all good...the dialog all throughout the game is just weird and messed up at times. its like they didn't pay attention to what was already talked about.

i don't get the ending....one second they say one thing, 2 second later it all good...the dialog all throughout the game is just weird and messed up at times. its like they didn't pay attention to what was already talked about.
Care to elaborate in spoiler tags? I am not sure what you're referring to. Also, there are like 5 different endings.

I don't get how people skipped dialogue scenes in their first playthrough. Did you do that in GTA5 or Skyrim, etc? Just because you can see where something is going on a movie do you jump ahead 10 minutes?

It's amazing that people complain about not being drawn into a game (or whatever else) when they reject the opportunity at every turn. It's like going to a pool party fully dressed and not just refusing to jump in but being angry that it's a pool party in the first place. Why the fuck are you there, then?

Every mission is so anti climatic it isnt even funny. Nothing big just a to b. 110 hours to get everything done.

You're not wrong. It wasn't bad and I've played games that were worse. But for a game of this scope, with the world they built I couldn't help be feel how empty the story felt. Just so little weight to anything.

Witcher 3 wasn't much better, but I give it a slight edge in building up towards the end.

Yep, and every now and then I misread the response and am a tool when I'm thinking I'm going to be polite... :ROFLMAO:
The only tools are the devs who made important conversations based on a lucky dip system. At least in ME you knew that the top one is paragon answer the middle usually neutral and the bottom one renegade.

I don't get how people skipped dialogue scenes in their first playthrough. Did you do that in GTA5 or Skyrim, etc? Just because you can see where something is going on a movie do you jump ahead 10 minutes?

It's amazing that people complain about not being drawn into a game (or whatever else) when they reject the opportunity at every turn. It's like going to a pool party fully dressed and not just refusing to jump in but being angry that it's a pool party in the first place. Why the fuck are you there, then?

they were just so long, drawn out, and boring. if it seemed important i didn't but mostly nothing felt important enough to sit through when I could just read quickly and move on. Again, this could have been because I spent most of the time doing everything else in the game except, the rather short, main story missions. By the time I got to them I just want to play and not listen.

and I mean did everything. I had all the awards for completing all story lines, buying the cars, etc. only awards I don't have are the ones requiring doing odd things in battle.

the dialog didn't help that you would pick a blue response, talk about it, then click the main response and it acted as if you never had the prior conversation and you end up having it all over again just slightly different. this is what really bothered me about most of the dialog trees. Like with Nancy, I did the whole be a rock star mission and then right after she calls me and we talk and she had NO CLUE about what I was dealing with as if the other mission never happened as we discussed another mission. thats poor development.

Last edited:
It's not about knowing where it's going. Sometimes knowing where it's going makes it more fun. Unless where it's going is aggravating. And poorly written / paced.

And yes I fast forward in movies if it fails to entertain me or outright annoys me. My time is worth more than to sit through second rate movies in real time.
I skip ahead because it fails to draw me in, not the other way around. It's not my fault that some of the scenes were so annoying or out of whack that I felt compelled to skip them. 99% of what I skipped was the narcisistic asshole scenes, who halfway through the game suddenly decides he wants to help, but it's not character development, one moment he wants to kill you the next you have to lick his balls to unlock certain endings. it's aggravating is what it is. So yeah on my first playthrough I sped through all the silvertongue sections like I was doing a speedrun. I did see all the skipped conversations on my second playthrough. And I didn't miss anything of value I can safely say.

And before you start "Why do you play it, if you hate it" I don't hate all of it, I especially like the gameplay. What I don't like is the main story, and how almost none of the side stories have a satisfactory conclusion, or any conclusion for that matter. And the worst is that even when there is some kind of conclusion to a character arc, it's pointless as the character walks away, and you can never intarect with them after their mission concludes. At least not in any meaningful way. I mean you can buy drinks from claiire still that's about as deep as it gets.

It's not about knowing where it's going. Sometimes knowing where it's going makes it more fun. Unless where it's going is aggravating. And poorly written / paced.

And yes I fast forward in movies if it fails to entertain me or outright annoys me. My time is worth more than to sit through second rate movies in real time.

I skip ahead because it fails to draw me in, not the other way around. It's not my fault that some of the scenes were so annoying or out of whack that I felt compelled to skip them. 99% of what I skipped was the narcisistic asshole scenes, who halfway through the game suddenly decides he wants to help, but it's not character development, one moment he wants to kill you the next you have to lick his balls to unlock certain endings. it's aggravating is what it is. So yeah on my first playthrough I sped through all the silvertongue sections like I was doing a speedrun. I did see all the skipped conversations on my second playthrough. And I didn't miss anything of value I can safely say.

And before you start "Why do you play it, if you hate it" I don't hate all of it, I especially like the gameplay. What I don't like is the main story, and how almost none of the side stories have a satisfactory conclusion, or any conclusion for that matter. And the worst is that even when there is some kind of conclusion to a character arc, it's pointless as the character walks away, and you can never intarect with them after their mission concludes. At least not in any meaningful way. I mean you can buy drinks from claiire still that's about as deep as it gets.

You spend more time complaining about it on these forums than you gained by skipping.

You spend more time complaining about it on these forums than you gained by skipping.
I'd not have wasted words if not for someone calling into question whether you can have a valid opinion on the story if you skipped a few lines of drivel.
What's it to you anyway? If criticism annoys you maybe you should read something else. Try the official forums. Oh wait, the topic about the lacklustre story is 20,000 messages there, so maybe not that.

Back