Cyberpunk 2077

Stealth loot nerf in patch 1.1. You can no longer reload your game to change stats on items. So it's luck of the draw if your legendary drop is worse than a blue.

Cops are one of the things I would consider to be broken in cp2077. V is literally hired by the police to do work - which at least implies s/he isn’t a known criminal with a wanted record - cops want you to bail them out in combat in random encounters on the map, and yet literally every cop will shoot you on sight. There should be way more way better cop interaction than that.

If cops hate you there should be a reason for it, far more than because I was standing there as a bystander. It would be one thing if they were doing so because of criminal acitivity that you’re doing (which they also do), but they also will kill you for no reason at all even if you’re helping them.

At minimum there should be a police rep system (whether visible or invisible) that should prevent this from happening. I actually find all police interaction in the game to be immersion breaking. There are literally quests where you’re sent in to steal something as an example on Tiger Claw turf - and every tiger claw won’t necessarily attack you on sight unless you’re caught in an area you’re not supposed to be - so that tells me at least CDPR knows how to have interactions in the game be more than just have everyone of a specific class or type agro you. But again for some reason all the cops are broken.

Indeed. The police systems are practically broken in this game. You do a police work quest, which is essentially killing gang members. So you start killing them and cops spawn out of thin air trying to kill you... for doing the job they asked you to do? And then you can drive two blocks and they loose interest in pursuing you.

Given that they spawn out of thin air right by the player I suppose it is a good thing the cops are so lazy in this game. But the entire police system just makes no sense and is one of the most notably unfinished things in the game.

I discovered the reason I couldn't get Skippy to switch in a Reddit thread. I had the legendary Short Circuit chip active, and it has a passive trait of applying short circuit everytime a crit is hit and it's non-lethal. I took that Short Circuit legendary out of rotation on my character and and got my 50 kills straight away.

Sadly I don't think Skippy is as good for me as some of my other pistols. I was thinking it would be the best. I actually prefer a smart shotgun to Skippy. It may be bugged, but I've noticed that single shot smart weapons like Skippy don't always target right. Wit the Smart Shotgun it's instakill regardless.

My favorite weapon loadout so far is
1)Iconic Epic Lizzy (can't get legendary)
2)Legendary Carnage Shotgun with 8 Crunch modifications (I haven't found the Iconic Carnage Shotgun variant yet) -- or Iconic Divided We Stand
3)Iconic Epic Overwatch (can't get legendary)
4) Monowire or Mantis Blades.

You don't simply "get" legendary versions of those weapons. You have to upgrade those weapons to legendary via the crafting menu. Assuming you put enough points into the crafting skill to do so. You automatically get the recipes to do so when you get the base version of the weapon and your crafting skill is high enough. Skippy can't be so upgraded without modifying a save file or using a console command through Cyber Engine Tweaks or something like that. The iconic version of the Carnage is called "The Mox" and you get it from Judy's apartment after all her quests are complete, assuming she gives you access to her apartment. Divided We Stand comes from The 6th Street Gang. There are a couple ways to get this. Again, Overwatch must be upgraded through the crafting menu. The only gun you get as a Legendary immediately is Johnny's gun.

Last edited:
Cops are one of the things I would consider to be broken in cp2077. V is literally hired by the police to do work - which at least implies s/he isn’t a known criminal with a wanted record - cops want you to bail them out in combat in random encounters on the map, and yet literally every cop will shoot you on sight. There should be way more way better cop interaction than that.
What? Cops don't shoot you on sight. Until you commit crime. You expect every beat cop to personally now V's face just because he does a few contracts? LOL Talk about unrealistic expectations.

What? Cops don't shoot you on sight. Until you commit crime. You expect every beat cop to personally now V's face just because he does a few contracts? LOL Talk about unrealistic expectations.

This is true. They do not. You have to provoke them in some way. I've stolen cars in front of them and I've been ignored.

What? Cops don't shoot you on sight. Until you commit crime.
Yes they do. Even at the beginning of the game when first exiting V's apartment for the first time and seeing cops at a crime scene (behind their digital tape), they all fired on me on site. And no, I didn't cross their line. I know they do this behavior because I'm actually interested in observing the police in the game since it's a major part and the devs clearly made them in at least some part for this purpose. They have continued this behavior literally at every location. The group of protesters? If I stand there in the crowd and let them "spot me" they'll shoot on site. Anywhere I am inside of visibility they'll shoot on me on site.

The fact the other people have responded to me and this post with the same experiences tell me I'm experiencing the game "as intended" or broken. I would consider this broken.
You expect every beat cop to personally now V's face just because he does a few contracts? LOL Talk about unrealistic expectations.
Considering body modification in this game is "boring" and "common place" they don't need to 'know' V's face, they have access to an entire data base of information merely by using their optics.
They know every gang member "on site" too, same as V. They know if every person has committed crimes that are in the database. They know gang affiliations. Technically they know each other and are capable of scanning Trauma Team and NCPD affiliations and ID's as well. They should then by the information given by fixers (including the NCPD themselves) and the fact that V is a member of Afterlife, more or less know all of V's history "at a glance" - or at minimum know the fact that V does NCPD contracts literally direct from dispatch.

It doesn't come from self importance at all. That's literally the world that was built and how its presented. I'd say you're not paying attention to lore or world-building. Or you haven't played even to the point of getting Kiroshi Optics from Victor Vector the first ripper doc you meet in the game. Either that or for some reason you think V is special despite the Kiroshi Optics advertisements literally scrawled in neon lights everywhere throughout the game.

This is true. They do not. You have to provoke them in some way. I've stolen cars in front of them and I've been ignored.
You have had a very different experience from me. Not sure I have any screen recording software or can get any. But I'd be happy to demonstrate literally just walking anywhere inside of NCPD visibility gets me a hail of gunfire with zero provocation. They basically always act like enemies.

So their behavior is: See V inside of visibility, move to alert, after alert is passed then move to aggressive/combat status. Just like the rest of all enemy AI's if you accomplish whatever you're doing in front of them quickly before they reach combat status then nothing happens. But if you literally just stand in their vision regardless of where you are, they will eventually reach combat status and shoot you for literally doing nothing. As a result, I basically do everything I can to not even go near NCPD. It's one of the immersion breaking, annoying parts of the game for me.

Last edited:
Yes they do. Even at the beginning of the game when first exiting V's apartment for the first time and seeing cops at a crime scene (behind their digital tape), they all fired on me on site. And no, I didn't cross their line. I know they do this behavior because I'm actually interested in observing the police in the game since it's a major part and the devs clearly made them in at least some part for this purpose. They have continued this behavior literally at every location. The group of protesters? If I stand there in the crowd and let them "spot me" they'll shoot on site. Anywhere I am inside of visibility they'll shoot on me on site.
Random cops never attacked me unless I did something bad. There are some issues like they see a body they immediately know you did that, but they don't just attack you randomly. And yes I told you in my previous post that they don't like you going near active crimescenes. They don't attack me without crossing the yellow line. I could dance around it nothing happened, as soon as I Cross it the detection prompt appears. I never got attacked by cops at random, nor for jumping. I have 110 hours in the game, and that never happened to me either.

The fact the other people have responded to me and this post with the same experiences tell me I'm experiencing the game "as intended" or broken. I would consider this broken.
Multiple people can be wrong the same way. Or multiple people can experience bugs that others don't.
Considering body modification in this game is "boring" and "common place" they don't need to 'know' V's face, they have access to an entire data base of information merely by using their optics.
Considering that the scanner you get that can identify people by looking at them is a hiend kit that costs 20.000, I doubt every cop has it. Besides doing contracts for the police isn't a get out of jail free card. Why would they let it slide when you commit an offense in front of them? Heck most cops are probably hostile towards contractors.

You just have unrealistic expectations that's it. Not even unrealistic in the sense that it is unfeasible, but unrealistic as in it doesn't fit with reality. Hey, Louie is dragging an unconscious body across the street, shall we stop him? Ah, nah, he's a good guy, he repainted the precint. LOL

Random cops never attacked me unless I did something bad. There are some issues like they see a body they immediately know you did that, but they don't just attack you randomly. And yes I told you in my previous post that they don't like you going near active crimescenes. They don't attack me without crossing the yellow line. I could dance around it nothing happened, as soon as I Cross it the detection prompt appears. I never got attacked by cops at random, nor for jumping. I have 110 hours in the game, and that never happened to me either.
Cool for me they do. Your amount of hours doesn't impress me. I'm in the same ballpark.
Multiple people can be wrong the same way. Or multiple people can experience bugs that others don't.
Great. Doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
Considering that the scanner you get that can identify people by looking at them is a hiend kit that costs 20.000, I doubt every cop has it.
There are lesser versions and other optical companies.
Also NCPD is privately owned. Also NCPD is full of dirty cops (meaning there are plenty of ways they can get money and/or illegal cybernetics). Also there are other ways of gaining optics such as scavenging, which technically all these cops have access to crime scenes.
There are tons of lore explanations all the way down.

How about this? Lets skip all the optics, lets posit that they're all unmodified and fighting against Tyger Claws and all the other gangs despite the fact that they're all jacked and juiced up with advanced cybernetics, - fine. Lets maybe just look at our current day real world? Do cops murder citizens for standing there while in their sight lines unprovoked in broad daylight in front of other people especially if they have no idea who they are (which is what you said)? Yeah I have crazy expectations.
Besides doing contracts for the police isn't a get out of jail free card. Why would they let it slide when you commit an offense in front of them?
Are you incapable of reading? I do zero things. None. Nada. No weapons. No crossing lines. No killing. No theft. No "throwing hands". Just stay in their sight lines and they aggro.
Heck most cops are probably hostile towards contractors.
Great. And that's immersion breaking and not explained at all in the lore. Especially again considering that they literally give you contracts and work. So they give you work and then want to kill you for it? Why don't they just skip the middle man then? They should just ask you if you want a contract, and if you say yes they just shoot you in the face. That'd make more sense.
You just have unrealistic expectations that's it. Not even unrealistic in the sense that it is unfeasible, but unrealistic as in it doesn't fit with reality. Hey, Louie is dragging an unconscious body across the street, shall we stop him? Ah, nah, he's a good guy, he repainted the precint. LOL
Again, you have trouble reading. My expectation is that cops don't shoot you when you stand there.

Last edited:
Cool for me they do. Your amount of hours doesn't impress me. I'm in the same ballpark.
LOL, the numbers are not to impress you they are to show that I'm not talking out my ass, I actually played the game long enough to notice random attacks by the police.
Great. Doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
What it means is that it is probably isn't intended behaviour as not everyone experienced it.
There are lesser versions and other optical companies.
Also NCPD is privately owned. Also NCPD is full of dirty cops (meaning there are plenty of ways they can get money and/or illegal cybernetics). Also there are other ways of gaining optics such as scavenging, which technically all these cops have access to crime scenes.
There are tons of lore explanations all the way down.
You are just arguing semantics here, either way no merc has any place in active crime scenes whether they know your name or not is quite irrelevant.
How about this? Lets skip all the optics, lets posit that they're all unmodified and fighting against Tyger Claws and all the other gangs despite the fact that they're all jacked and juiced up with advanced cybernetics, - fine. Lets maybe just look at our current day real world? Do cops murder citizens for standing there while in their sight lines unprovoked in broad daylight in front of other people especially if they have no idea who they are (which is what you said)? Yeah I have crazy expectations.
I don't know WTH are you going on about. As I've said cops never attacked me for standing anywhere, they attacked me for driving over civiians, or otherwise hurting them, going into cordoned off crimescenes or attacking them directly, or carrying a body.
If your experience is different, it's probably a bug, not a feature.
Are you incapable of reading? I do zero things. None. Nada. No weapons. No crossing lines. No killing. No theft. No "throwing hands". Just stay in their sight lines and they aggro.
Are you? I said this never happened to me, no random cop has ever attacked me for no reason.
Great. And that's immersion breaking and not explained at all in the lore. Especially again considering that they literally give you contracts and work. So they give you work and then want to kill you for it? Why don't they just skip the middle man then? They should just ask you if you want a contract, and if you say yes they just shoot you in the face. That'd make more sense.
You seem utterly bitter, or hell bent on proving what exactly? If cops randomly attack you then you either have seriously bad luck, a target painted on your back, or experiencing a bug. Unthinkable considering the state of the game, right?
Again, you have trouble reading. My expectation is that cops don't shoot you when you stand there. Do I have to make a soap box post in order for you to get it? Is V wearing a hooding and caught while being black in a white neighborhood for jogging through it at night but s/he thinks s/he is white? What are you not getting about this?
I feel you are attacking me for not experiencing the same issues as you do. I'm sorry, but I did not cause any of your problems and I won't deny my own experience to validate yours.

Great. All you’re telling me is that the NCPD is broken. Either for me or in general. Which is what I said in the first place.

Clearly the person that started this chain harsaphes is also experiencing this issue. Whether intended or not. As well as cybereality . You’re the one responding to me? What are you trying to prove? That your experience is working as intended? Great! Mine isn’t. Hence the point of discussing a game breaking and game immersion destroying bug.

Anything else to say on this topic? Will you continue to respond with: “well that’s not the way it works and you’re doing a bunch of stuff wrong?”

I have the same general experience with NC PD. You can walk past them without getting shot, but you will see their awarenesst/threat meter start raising to yellow. If you stop they will attack.

This is only the NCPD that are standing groups. Like a cordoned off area. Trauma Team will do the same.

The pop up NCPD battles I can join in with no problem, and assuming I do not kill a cop, they leave me alone.

Great. All you’re telling me is that the NCPD is broken.
No, I'm telling you that it is not broken for me. My experience is different than yours. If this offends you I Cannot help it, and don't care to either.

My NCPD police experience is exactly like UnknownSouljer

I didn’t understand why they do that the entire game. I guess since it’s not happening to everyone it is a bug. Thing is they never acted differently me to me - they’ve done that my entire play through.
With weapon holstered they will go into alert mode as I just walk past. If I linger in eyesight they will attack. In my game they act pretty much identically to any gang member with the yellow up arrow over their head. The only time this is different is if their is a active shootout with police and some random group and I intervene on the police behalf - then they won’t shoot me or even react post fight in that specific encounter area — even if I loot the dead police right in front of a live officer.

The game REALLY needs a reputation system of some sort.

Some cops shoot at me on sight (like the crime scene ones), while others don't. The ones that are posted up near certain quick travel points, for instance.
Seems pretty ridiculous either way. One of those interviews/forum posts claiming to be a CDPR developer claimed the police were shoehorned into the game pretty late. That would explain some of the issues.
Not sure if it's supposed to be like this, but I can't quickhack the cops. That's easily my most powerful tool (I killed Adam Smasher in like 5 seconds), but the cops don't even give me the option.

80% of sales for the game in December were on PC. I'm sure the fact that it's still delisted from the PlayStation Network helped, but even if it wasn't it seems like the majority of sales is still on PC. Cyberpunk is also officially the largest digital launch for a video game of all time according to SuperData.

https://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/worldwide-digital-games-market/

Same here- Crime scene cops will alert, but I can walk past 95% of others without them alerting. I have noticed that if I walk very close they alert pretty often, but I can kill gang bangers across the street and they ignore it. But once in a while they alert from almost a half block for no reason.

I agree with UnknownSouljer

The cops will shoot unprovoked. Even just walking in their general vicinity will trigger fight mode in like 5 seconds, without even having a gun equipped or doing anything shady.

I could code better AI in a weekend. It's amateur's hour.

Are you guys walking around with your weapons out or something?

There are tons of problems with how the police work in this game, but that isn't one I have.

I usually walk around with no weapons at all since I mainly use quickhacks. Some cops simply don't want you nearby. They aren't the patrol/post sorts, though. They're usually the ones investigating something...endlessly.
What's amusing is that the ones who are in an active shootout don't seem to give a damn. You can shoot them in the face curing the shootout and as soon as the bad guys are all dead, it's like nothing happened.

I've never had cops randomly attack me, but I have definitely had them move to alert/pre-combat mode from me just being "too close" to them for 5 seconds. So I can see how it might happen if you aren't paying attention to where you're walking or standing.

Either way, it's stupid. Standing around near a cop with no weapons out should not provoke a combat response in less than 10 seconds.

If I approach a bunch of cops their alert level goes up. If I stand next to them they ask me to leave and If I dont they attack me. ALSO, and this happens repeatedly, If in the group there is a person that I am able to quickhack...not the cops...they attack me, even though i should be able to attack the one person who allows quickhacking.

x9w4bqu3bfd61.jpg

Random cops never attacked me unless I did something bad.

I've stood too close to cops when listening in on their side conversations. I think he was referring to the pair at the bottom of your apartment at a food stand. Their aggression meter (or whatever it is called) went off for just standing nearby. They didn't kill me because I moved away. Sometimes doing something like jumping or accidentally walking into a civilian will cause cops to go crazy. It seems slightly inconsistent.

But cops spawning out of thin air, right in front of the player, isn't considered broken to you?

Crowbcat has a new video

ha, some of this video had me giggling out loud --- about half way in he starts comparing what CD Projekt Red promised to release reality and then also alongside video clips from other games from up to two decades before.

It's pretty bad when you consider the context and see it A/B... And frankly I saw many of these same bugs in my playthrough - without even seeking them out of course.

Still, even fallen short, over promised and yes, under delivered -- the game was fun.

Last edited:
I feel like they just ported over the AI from the guards in Witcher. You get out of line you die. Never really taking into account Rockstar has been training us for 20 years the police are there for mayhem.

For what it's worth, I found the game oddly compelling in spite of the bugs/issues. I think it's because they were rarely a big deal. Not much different from the dumb things that would happen in typical TES and Fallout games. Bugs that get an eye roll, but didn't really detract from the experience. I'd rather have those types of bugs than larger-scale ones.

I've stood too close to cops when listening in on their side conversations. I think he was referring to the pair at the bottom of your apartment at a food stand. Their aggression meter (or whatever it is called) went off for just standing nearby. They didn't kill me because I moved away. Sometimes doing something like jumping or accidentally walking into a civilian will cause cops to go crazy. It seems slightly inconsistent.
I literally stood right in the face of those multiple times in multiple playthroughs, and nothing happened. They did attack me however when I Had a wanted level.
I even took a screenshot because I thought those shoes are clearly not ideal for policework.
Untitled.jpg
I stood closer than this to them for the entire conversation nothing happened, I even tried talking to them.

But cops spawning out of thin air, right in front of the player, isn't considered broken to you?
That's not a bug, that's a feature. No, really. It's terribly implemented but not broken in the sense you say. It didn't bother me much because the only time cops actually came after me in the entire game is when I hit pedestrians accidentally. Or I walked into the mentioned crime scenes. But even there they only attack if I lingered long enough for the yellow alertness meter to fill up.

Last edited:
There are at least 2 missions you acquire by eavesdropping on cops. In both cases they're in buildings and they're pretty clearly placed, though. The beat cops are either silent or they just say the same line over and over.

I literally stood right in the face of those multiple times in multiple playthroughs, and nothing happened.

Like I said, there seems to be some inconsistency. This happened the first time I went down from the apartment after getting the fist fighting quest.

That's not a bug, that's a feature. No, really. It's terribly implemented but not broken in the sense you say.

I would consider the mechanic to be broken if implemented that poorly. The topic itself is police interactions in the world, not the spawning itself. Obviously the spawning is working as intended, but I can't imagine they had intentionally set out to have NPCs spawn right in front of the player. The police mechanics/interactions/behavior are simply incomplete.

I have also gotten into a shootout with gang units and had bullets fly past police and they wouldn't react to their gun shots. Again, this isn't always the case. But I saw it at least once. Two or three officers just standing by their car as rounds were flying right past them.

Overall I'd say the police interactions standout as being the most incomplete feature of the game.

I would consider the mechanic to be broken if implemented that poorly.
LOL, you'd rather redefine words than concede a point?
broken = does not work as intended
implemented poorly = bad design, but works as the developer intended

Cops spawning from thin air when you have a wanted level = implemented poorly
Cops attacking you for no reason = broken

My car went crazy today :LOL:.
I was wondering why it was taking so long when i called my car, then i saw it doing loops, it only stopped once i let it hit me

View attachment 323133
I've had this happen to me as well. Was is Delamain cab? For whatever reason, weird stuff always happens with that car.

I once accidently called for a car while being in a high rise tower.. 12th floor or thereabout. Delamain entered the apartment through the window like a kool-aid man, then got stuck in the kitchen door and exploded. o_O

I've had this happen to me as well. Was is Delamain cab? For whatever reason, weird stuff always happens with that car.

I once accidently called for a car while being in a high rise tower.. 12th floor or thereabout. Delamain entered the apartment through the window like a kool-aid man, then got stuck in the kitchen door and exploded. o_O
A neat way to take out some enemies!

LOL, you'd rather redefine words than concede a point?

Ironic because that is what you're doing.

People are talking about the entire police interaction mechanic, not how they spawn. I explicitly explained that to you. Don't be stupid. I'll repaste because it seems like you intentionally didn't read the entire post:

The topic itself is police interactions in the world, not the spawning itself. Obviously the spawning is working as intended, but I can't imagine they had intentionally set out to have NPCs spawn right in front of the player. The police mechanics/interactions/behavior are simply incomplete.

You're saying CD Projekt had set out with the intention of spawning NPCs out of thin air right in front of the player. I'm not buying it. Having NPCs plop out of the sky is the mark of an unfinished game. If something is unfinished, in this case the topic of police response, behavior & reaction, it is broken.

I'm not sure why one would defend such an unfinished & broken aspect of a game.

Back