Cyberpunk 2077

What good is skippy? It looks terrible stats wise. I have it but havent touched it as i have a revolver that is 1 or 2 shotting everything at level 36
Skippy is good for one thing, cleaning up after your stealth is broken. Smart guns are for open fighting nothing else. It can go around corners and you can shoot without having to worry much about aiming. It's stats aren't that bad, and stats don't tell the whole picture in the game. Many times a lower DPS weapon will be better due to certain factors. I found DPS utterly useless to determine a weapon's worth.

Skippy is pretty powerful if you go Pacifist to Stone Cold Killer. As long as you have an enemy roughly in your sights it'll headshot them and put 'em down in a hurry. Whatever stats it has doesn't seem to matter. Not like stats matter all that much anyway. Your level and major attributes seem to contribute far more toward general difficulty. Once you're over level 20 or so it's all cake anyway. That's right around the time where you have to intentionally choose bad attributes and perks to not become overpowered. You can still die here from fluky things, but that can happen no matter what you do.

Actually, related to Skippy - is it possible to complete the quest "Machine Gun" and keep Skippy? I just keep ignoring that quest because I didn't see any option the one time I tried it.

Finished my second playthrough and it's time for me to shelf the game because I don't think I left many stones unturned. ;) I

I was able to get the secret ending and I have "best case" scenarios where I can access any ending I want. Overall an excellent game and not one I'm going to forget any time soon. It will be interesting to see where things go with it from here.

Last edited:
Are Assaults in Progress and such finite?
I am not 100% sure, but I think the assaults are random and infinite (?), but the ones with evidence and the Gigs and stuff are finite. Someone correct if that's wrong, but that was my impression.

Actually, related to Skippy - is it possible to complete the quest "Machine Gun" and keep Skippy? I just keep ignoring that quest because I didn't see any option the one time I tried it.
Supposedly there is, but I am not sure if you can actually "fail" the quest or just leave it uncompleted.

Are Assaults in Progress and such finite?

Yeah, they are. You get an achievement for completing all of those + fixer and NCPD missions for each district. When you complete 'em all, that's that.
However I don't think those are all there at the beginning of the game. There are sectors where I completed everything visible, yet I'd see AIP missions with an asterisk (signal that they're new) showing up later.

The random shootouts between gang members and cops + random enemies keep happening forever. If you want to encounter a shitload of enemies, just walk along the shore in Pacifica. There are dozens of them just hanging around and they respawn.

Valentino Alley is also a good spot to farm XP. There are a lot of random gang members in the alley you can just run around and kill.

Looks like I finished the story. Only a few major side quests left (those wait until X calls you). A lot of smaller Gigs. Maybe more.

Game was fun and worth a play, on PC at least. Absolutely didn't live up to the hype but I never expected it to. But I'm satisfied with what it was.

Will be waiting for DLC.

Finished the main story...the happy one. I'm pretty shocked as I dont usually finish a game. Now to go back for all the side stuff.
My complaints?
To 'wordy' for my likes. Dialogue can go on and on and on and on, with no ability to skip. I hated every time I was asked to 'sit down' because another long dialogue stretch would happen and I'm trapped and cant stand up! On PS5 lots of odd glitches. Yesterday I had a black bar..think letterbox..going across a section of the screen which made playing almost impossible, and of course my game, not console, crashes a least twice a playthrough.

Finished the main story...the happy one. I'm pretty shocked as I dont usually finish a game. Now to go back for all the side stuff.
My complaints?
To 'wordy' for my likes. Dialogue can go on and on and on and on, with no ability to skip. I hated every time I was asked to 'sit down' because another long dialogue stretch would happen and I'm trapped and cant stand up! On PS5 lots of odd glitches. Yesterday I had a black bar..think letterbox..going across a section of the screen which made playing almost impossible, and of course my game, not console, crashes a least twice a playthrough.

Hm, on PC you can just spam C to skip a lot of dialog, not all of it however.

I'd rather they wait and put more in the patch, maybe flush out the half asses systems like police. I've put the game on hold for them to finish it.

The patch is supposed to launch sometime this month, but they haven't been any more specific than that. I'm just continuing to do side stuff. I think I've hit the end of the line, though. There's nobody left to wait for calls from. The only 2 quests I have left are the broken one and the one where you have to give Skippy back. Well, that and the final mission.

There was never anything official from CDPR.

I found this nugget...

CD Projekt Red has not shared a specific release date for Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.1 but has said that it will arrive sometime this month: January 2021. The studio confirmed this in its December 14 apology for the game's rocky launch and appears to have reaffirmed this early 2021 window with the roadmap that was released on January 13 alongside an apology video.

When it launches, the update should be available across the PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia versions of Cyberpunk 2077, though its fixes are mainly targeting the home console versions of the game. It's possible that the update could slip into early February if more development issues arise, it's still safe to expect patch 1.1 in the coming weeks.

A lot of patches, updates, and DLC are on the horizon for Cyberpunk 2077. The most significant update on the horizon is patch 1.2. This is the other major update that will mainly focus on improving the experience of Cyberpunk 2077 on consoles.

This next update is supposed to come out in February, with the roadmap image affirming that it will come out sometime in Q1 2021.

I just discovered that grenades weigh a freakin' ton. I was wondering why I was overburdened since I wanted to use a stamina mod rather than a carry-based one. It was almost entirely grenades weighing me down. Guns only weigh a few pounds each. Clothes, too. Food doesn't weigh anything at all. Most mods, as well.
I had like 2,000 grenades of varying types. I sold 1/2 of them and freed up 200 lbs. I figure I'll keep some just in case they're helpful for the DLC missions, but I probably only need 1/10 of what I have.

photomode_20012021_005916.png

photomode_20012021_214904.png
photomode_20012021_013830.png

photomode_19012021_193223.png

photomode_19012021_193619.png

photomode_19012021_125825.png

photomode_19012021_225325.png

photomode_19012021_003410.png

photomode_19012021_145502.png

photomode_20012021_215706.png

And throwing a headless body off a building:

photomode_19012021_195612.png

All settings are set to the highest, except ray tracing lighting, some shadow setting and I believe one of the lighting settings which are on the next highest option. DLSS is set to Balanced, which looks decent enough in gameplay.

Specs: RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming (that name) with an OC via EVGA Precision, Ryzen 3700X (stock), 32GB RAM, SSD.

Performance: 50-60 frame rates, occasional dips into the 40s. Indoors tend to be the worst performance wise but with DLSS Balanced those were playable.

Cyberpunk 2077's Current State Before Patch 1.1- Patch 1.06 Performance Review

the first part of that video mentioned taking 'years' to fix the game?...and comparisons to No Man's Sky and how it rose from the dead?

No Man's Sky shipped as a game that was a shadow of what they claimed it was. After nearly 5 years of updates it's now basically what they claimed it would/could be. Cyberpunk IS what they claimed it would be (more or less), it's just incredibly unpolished and buggy as hell. Big difference IMO. They might continue updating it for years, a la the Witcher 3, but the core game isn't going to change like No Man's Sky.

W
T
F

And the mannequin head turns and looks while the other person smokes, neither move.

And both talk.

Attachments

• cpunk1.png
    cpunk1.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Weird about all the Skippy talk, I never had any dialogue or quests trigger after using it. I always figured something should happen with it so I was using it as my main pistol after finding it but nothing happened.

Skippy worked correctly the first playthrough, but my second I picked it up before having smartlink and it's never spoken after I had one installed.

Weird about all the Skippy talk, I never had any dialogue or quests trigger after using it. I always figured something should happen with it so I was using it as my main pistol after finding it but nothing happened.

For me, it took a long time. Online articles say you have to kill 50 people and wait a day. It took a lot more than that for me. I ended up having to kill hundreds of people, complete 2-3 other quests, and wait several days before it triggered for me. I think you have to have it equipped to get the conversation, too.

In general, for quests that require you to wait - I usually have to wait and then walk around for a few minutes.

This game is amazing on my second playthrough. I would definitely recommend anyone starting out....don't follow the storyline until the end.
Treat the game as an adventure with Johnny Silverhand and occasionally do a main story mission to open up other side jobs.
The game becomes special once you start to experience certain storylines.

Clear the map before doing the last mission, also make Delamain the last side job so he doesn't annoy you.

Use the money and crafting glitches because the in-game economy doesn't make sense. But everything else play as normal.
Lean heavily into a certain play type, don't try to balance character attributes. Choose between stealth (intelligence), guns blazing (tech) or melee (body).
Play on the hardest setting to get the most rewards and level up quickly.

I got 59hrs on my first play through. The game was good but not great.
Now I'm at 120hrs on my second and still a few more jobs away from doing the last mission. The game is amazing.

Last edited:
A senior concept artist on Cyberpunk 2077, Lea Leonowicz, has posted some of her work depicting one of the game's central characters, Johnny Silverhand...this is especially interesting because the work clearly dates from before the point when Keanu Reeves was signed up to play the role, and the character was redesigned to look like...well, Keanu Reeves...

https://www.pcgamer.com/what-cyberp...nd-looked-like-before-he-became-keanu-reeves/

I just discovered that grenades weigh a freakin' ton. I was wondering why I was overburdened since I wanted to use a stamina mod rather than a carry-based one. It was almost entirely grenades weighing me down. Guns only weigh a few pounds each. Clothes, too. Food doesn't weigh anything at all. Most mods, as well.
I had like 2,000 grenades of varying types. I sold 1/2 of them and freed up 200 lbs. I figure I'll keep some just in case they're helpful for the DLC missions, but I probably only need 1/10 of what I have.
Once you get the rocket arm, keeping grenades is fairly pointless. It's basically unlimited grenades for free.

No Man's Sky shipped as a game that was a shadow of what they claimed it was. After nearly 5 years of updates it's now basically what they claimed it would/could be. Cyberpunk IS what they claimed it would be (more or less), it's just incredibly unpolished and buggy as hell. Big difference IMO. They might continue updating it for years, a la the Witcher 3, but the core game isn't going to change like No Man's Sky.
I disagree, a huge amount of "promised" features are missing from the game. There are already huge lists out there so I won't bother, but it's not just buggy, there is a lot missing as well.

Small Man Big Mouth is still borked. Dolby Atmos still has the weird issue where the front-right speaker makes a weird/endless buzzing noise.

Back