Cyberpunk 2077

Why are the street brawls so difficult?

I tried the grenade nose guy a half dozen times or more and never got him below 91%.

I feel woefully unprepared for those fights.
I just got the legendary Gorilla arms, that made it easy enough, if you use some dodge/counter attacks.

But yeah, they can one or two shot you if you didn't put much into Body. I would say he wasn't even one of the harder ones, the Animals woman was probably one of the ones I had to restart the most, simply because you're in a tiny pit.

I gotta be honest, after playing through all of the endings I haven't gone back to this game. I 100% want to do another playthrough, but I am gonna wait a few months for patches/mods to smooth out the game a bit. I don't really have much interest in trying to finish all of the gigs and stuff (did all of the side jobs) if I'm going to start over again soonish.

I caught a video the other day and for the life of me I can't remember the details but apparently your ability to "chance" get a blue/purple version of white mods when crafting is tied to your level. I want to say you have to be 35 for a chance for Purple/Epic mods?
That would make sense in that I only started getting Legendary quickhacks from access points probably around level 35-40, then I got a whole bunch at once.

I just got the legendary Gorilla arms, that made it easy enough, if you use some dodge/counter attacks.

But yeah, they can one or two shot you if you didn't put much into Body. I would say he wasn't even one of the harder ones, the Animals woman was probably one of the ones I had to restart the most, simply because you're in a tiny pit.
I killed her on accident. I started snooping around In the gym and the gym rats all went hostile including the animal lady boxer. I just head shot her with my normal weapons and killed everyone in the gym and it said I beat her in boxing. ;)

Odd how the game is throwing some pretty nice side quests now that I am getting near the end of the main story. Drove around and many of the initial side quests were shortly and very mundane. Towards the end of the game you get more calls from random people, but the missions have some more substance.

The side quests are better in the game than the main. I did a normal playthrough of the main quest, and it was meh, especially the endings.
Now on my second playthrough I'm completely disregarding the main quests, focusing on side gigs, and the game is much more enjoyable this way.
There are lots of cool side missions. I like them more than the main ones, the attached characters too.

Theo, Claire, Sandra, The Peralezes, Meredith, all more interesting, than the annoying Johnny, or Judy, or Jack.

Odd how the game is throwing some pretty nice side quests now that I am getting near the end of the main story. Drove around and many of the initial side quests were shortly and very mundane. Towards the end of the game you get more calls from random people, but the missions have some more substance.

Interesting. I had the opposite experience, where the game frontloaded the majority of the more substantial sidequests (which were automatic for me). Though admittedly a few of the better sidequests I only experienced post-ending, even after I thought there weren't any besides street assaults left (was puzzling how sidequests are distributed through the game).

I gotta be honest, after playing through all of the endings I haven't gone back to this game. I 100% want to do another playthrough, but I am gonna wait a few months for patches/mods to smooth out the game a bit. I don't really have much interest in trying to finish all of the gigs and stuff (did all of the side jobs) if I'm going to start over again soonish.

This is me also. I only finished one ending, but did everything in the open world I could find before starting the final mission. There is good and bad in the game, but it has not met its potential yet, imo. I will likely come back to this game in 6 months (or whenever the first DLC is) and give it another go. For now I think it needs more Dev time.

--

I caught a video the other day and for the life of me I can't remember the details but apparently your ability to "chance" get a blue/purple version of white mods when crafting is tied to your level. I want to say you have to be 35 for a chance for Purple/Epic mods?

You need the "Ex Nihilo" perk in the Crafting Tree, plus be at least level 30 before you will see Epic variants. You can see in my screenshot, you can get fairly crazy amounts of armor without even giving up damage related mods.

V.png

Last edited:
You need the "Ex Nihilo" perk in the Crafting Tree, plus be at least level 30 before you will see Epic variants. You can see in my screenshot, you can get fairly crazy amounts of armor without even giving up damage related mods.
Oh, for sure. My current playthrough (melee/blades) is all armadillo and I rolled the legendary pieces for maximum slots. My first playthrough was all stealth/cyberhacking so if I got into a firefight at all I was doing it wrong. Got used to to entering fights and clearing rooms with never alerting anyone. So that being said I didn't really use Armadillo at all, never really got shot at.

Now.. running around with time stopped slashing people with my Katana its clutch when time speeds back up and everyone isn't dead :-P

I think by the time I learned that you could craft Epic's with Whites I was already above 30 anyway so I never thought much about it. This playthrough now i'm 42, cleared all side missions and just about to start the story.

Last edited:

I think there is some bug associated with the Gorilla arms. At least there was for me. I was getting one shot knocked out with my legendary ones even when counter punching or blocking. I switched back to my blues and noticed i was able to block/counter and take no damage. I was loading and reloading to figure out what was going on switching between legendary and blues as sometimes even with blues I was taking full damage when blocking. Then I noticed that the arms don't always register as being on your character even when it shows as being applied. I noticed my hands in FPV looked normal even though I had gorilla arms on. So i went back to the Doc, removed them, left him. went back in and applied them again and then my hands/forearms now looked proper for having gorilla arms. Then when doing fights i was able to properly block/counter with reduced/no damage.
Those fights are already janky/horrible to begin with so getting one-shot KO was making me crazy.

Supposedly there are bugs with a lot of the crit chance / crit damage clothing mods, and some of the cyberware mods where stuff just doesn't work right.

Supposedly there are bugs with a lot of the crit chance / crit damage clothing mods, and some of the cyberware mods where stuff just doesn't work right.

Yes, I think Youtuber zKarma did a bunch of testing on this. The Deadeye mod that gives both CHC & CHD is bugged and does not work. For now we have to use the individual Bully & Fortuna mods for this. Also crit does not stack on clothing, so one mod of each is all we'll get benefit from for now. Have not seen any fixes mentioned for this thus far, but I'm sure they will get around to it. Doubt it will ever stack, but who knows.

Does talking to fixers start any side quests from them?

Not per se. Typically when you get close to a world event, you will get a call from them (as you've no doubt already experienced). The only side quest I remember getting after a visit was the direct result of being asked to visit them.

What guns are your favorite so far? So far I enjoy the Divided We Stand, Smart Shotguns, Overwatch, Lizzie.

I mostly used Overwatch, Crash, Widow Maker and later Divided We Stand. Skippy is silly fun, though I never got the secondary dialogue with it so I'm not sure if mine was bugged or what.

I loved Skippy. All the other smart pistols are junk compared to Skippy.

Played all revolvers on my first run. Trying to do shotguns and assault rifles on the second run, but they are honestly not that good.

I can easily one shot headshot most enemies w/ a good revolver, even at level 25, but it takes like 6 shotgun blasts to down the same enemy. Hopefully I can find better guns soon.

It's actually really sad, I ran across a couple of the fixers randomly in the world and they're just standing there, alone. They don't even have any interesting dialogue.

I don't think I've yet received a mission from some of them. But got some more side quests called in. Think one was from a fixer. Kind of odd that the game makes a big deal about them, and cars, yet you don't spend much time with either. Have dozens of car buying quests but can never afford them. If I want to buy 1-2 implants, there goes 5-7 hours of gameplay saving up money.

Good news is, I now have 4 vehicles in total from main/side quests and I'm still not done with the game.

But can't help but feel they put all this effort into the cars and most people will only be able to buy 1-2 in the post game when there is nothing left to do. I remember watching some marketing videos they did on the cars, so they did hype them up a good bit. In the end, they're really no different from Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs, ect. which isn't a bad thing. Just feels off. In SD I know I was able to get many cool cars before the game finished.

That has been my experience as well. I didn't do very many main story quests for a long time because I didn't want to break or miss anything. I just did everything else. A decent number of quests have been firing off left and right now that I've started doing the main quest.

I've also found another way where you can get killed in spite of a crazy armor rating: fuck with the police. Once you get a 3-star wanted rating, they start doing DAMAGE.

That has been my experience as well. I didn't do very many main story quests for a long time because I didn't want to break or miss anything. I just did everything else. A decent number of quests have been firing off left and right now that I've started doing the main quest.

I've also found another way where you can get killed in spite of a crazy armor rating: fuck with the police. Once you get a 3-star wanted rating, they start doing DAMAGE.
Get a BIG star and they send MaxTac. You're not surviving that. Yes apparently you can get multiple stars but if you do something that is especially egregious, one of those stars will be bigger than the others and MaxTac arrives.

It's actually really sad, I ran across a couple of the fixers randomly in the world and they're just standing there, alone. They don't even have any interesting dialogue.
I think using the phone and texting really killed the story aspect of the game. In the Witcher you really got a feel for people and their motivations. Here it's just a picture on a screen and some text messages. The only fixer with a story line was the cyberpsycho one. We got the Asian lady, the padre, uh the nomad chick, and um some other random dudes? Who were these people and what goals or story were we working towards? It feels like a Mass Effect Andromeda situation where much of the development was squeezed into the last few years.

It's their first Cyberpunk. Witcher 1 wasn't great either.... just wait another decade or two until Cyberpunk 4077.. it's going to be legendary!
Even Brendan (the vending machine) has a better story than any of them...

I'm so confused. I was doing the whole after 'float' quest where you have to meet the sister in the club. Before you go in it says you cant go back...ect...I saved and went in....and? I'm finished? I separated from Jonny and went to the desert with Panam. That's the end? I have to go back to my save at the entrance to finish the rest of the game? WHAT!

Last edited:
I'm so confused. I was doing the whole after 'float' quest where you have to meet the sister in the club. Before you go in it says you cant go back...ect...I saved and went in....and? I'm finished? I separated from Jonny and went to the desert with Panam. That's the end? I have to go back to my save at the entrance to finish the rest of the game? WHAT!
This is pretty standard for large open world games. It allows you to complete the main story, if you want, but then still go back and finish everything else should you choose. What's the big deal?

Sry. Didnt really spoil anything. My game crashed so I didnt realize after the credits you are kicked back.
Also worth mentioning a lot of the mechanics of the multiple endings hinge on finishing a few key "side" jobs.

This is pretty standard for large open world games. It allows you to complete the main story, if you want, but then still go back and finish everything else should you choose. What's the big deal?
Not a big deal at all. I was just confused what was going on and then my game crashed before the credits rolled.

Any tips for winning the fist fight missions? I did the first one with the twins at the start of the game. Very easy. Tried a few of the other fights now that I am near the end. But I find them impossible. I do around 3% damage with each hit, maybe 5% with a counter. They can take me out in 3-4 hits and don't even have to physically hit me to do damage. Only so much dodging you can do as well.

I use a stamina booster & health reg booster (coffee, some other items) but those don't help. Even if I get 20-30 hits in, all it takes is a few hits or near hits and I'm dead.

Do you need to invest in fist fighting perks to beat these quests? I never used fists anywhere else in the game and would find them to be a waste since perks are scarce. But can't think of any other way to finish this quest?

Any tips for winning the fist fight missions? I did the first one with the twins at the start of the game. Very easy. Tried a few of the other fights now that I am near the end. But I find them impossible. I do around 3% damage with each hit, maybe 5% with a counter. They can take me out in 3-4 hits and don't even have to physically hit me to do damage. Only so much dodging you can do as well.

I use a stamina booster & health reg booster (coffee, some other items) but those don't help. Even if I get 20-30 hits in, all it takes is a few hits or near hits and I'm dead.

Do you need to invest in fist fighting perks to beat these quests? I never used fists anywhere else in the game and would find them to be a waste since perks are scarce. But can't think of any other way to finish this quest?
buy legendary gorilla arms and use charged punch. I only have 12 points in body and before I had legendary arms there was no way. After gorilla arms - easy peasy. just a half dozen hits or so probably.

I'm level 46 in the game. I've been waiting to get Skippy because I haven't put much attribute points in crafting so whatever point I get it, I'll be stuck besides the basic damage upgrade in the crafting tree that cost a fortune, and doesn't add additional stats or crafting nodes. I tried the DPS upgrade with Lizzie, but Lizzie quickly falls behind guns I find with damage stats - as has my Overwatch sniper.

I'm assuming Skippy is better the higher level you actually first get it. Without Crafting, will Skippy ever be Legendary at pickup? That's something the game is sorely missing IMO. A gunsmith that will upgrade your weapon rarity and add empty nodes to tailor further how you want. I don't think you should HAVE to chose to level up technical to have the option to fully upgrade your weapons....Make it prohibitively expensive - that's fine. I have $850K eddies. Seems an artificial restriction that my Overwatch sniper is stuck at Rare level, and some of my other Iconic weapons are just forced to be a low level rarity...and I pick up snipers off common baddies that have double the DPS.

Not to give any spoilers, Archaea , but I wouldn't bet your whole build on Skippy.

On my current build, I am going for assault, so Body and Reflexes, but yeah it kind of sucks not being able to craft/upgrade weapons.

What good is skippy? It looks terrible stats wise. I have it but havent touched it as i have a revolver that is 1 or 2 shotting everything at level 36

What good is skippy? It looks terrible stats wise. I have it but havent touched it as i have a revolver that is 1 or 2 shotting everything at level 36
It's a meme gun spitting out one-liners as you shoot. It's effective at what it does, and makes it a little more enjoyable.

buy legendary gorilla arms and use charged punch. I only have 12 points in body and before I had legendary arms there was no way. After gorilla arms - easy peasy. just a half dozen hits or so probably.

Looks like that was it. Went from impossible to laugh out loud easy. I literally started punching the crap out of one guy while they were still talking. Got them down 10-15% or so health before they even started the fight. Kind of funny.

On the flip side, I cannot pick up the Arroyo's sniper rifle as the reward despite betting on it. Kind of disappointed there. Shows the pick up icon but won't work.

How is it I have closing in on 100 hours in this game and I'm still finding remarkably new places!?!?! Every time I think I've been about everywhere.....

This Central Park, green tree area under the roadways I've never been in before!!! It's a frame rate killer. Normally I don't ever dip below low 50's Here? 33FPS. RTX Psycho takes it's toil in the foliage. This area is in "The Glen".

1611120537199.png

Back