Cyberpunk 2077

LOL I am just getting to the "meet with Takamura" mission and I'm level 33 and I've done every side mission on the map. So any Yellow marker...

edit:
MINUS the buy a vehicle.
I haven't done *every* yellow, but lots of them and lots of blue stars, whatever they are, the blue NCPD missions, and the assaults in progress. Those are great ways to get some seriously good loot including the occasional iconic or legendary. I'm still on meet Takemura and level 50 street cred, level 36. The side missions in this game are really fun. I think the overall stuff is less enticing to me than the stuff in GTA V or Witcher 3 but the side stuff is way more fun.

Looks like there are some mods that add it in, will check them out.

Thought performance was good in the 50s range with ray tracing + DLSS quality. Everything on, lighting set to the 2nd highest setting. Got to an indoor area and frame rates dropped to the 30s.

Ryzen 3700X (stock), RTX 3070, 32GB RAM. 2560x1440. Seem about on par for everyone else?
Strange, I get frame rate drops in the city center in the open areas with lots of reflective surfaces. I never noticed frame rate drops indoors.

wow that article is a must-read...CDPR gets slammed...here are some interesting parts...
---------------

Employees, discussing the game’s creation for the first time, described a company that focused on marketing at the expense of development, and an unrealistic timeline that pressured some into working extensive overtime long before the final push...Much of CD Projekt’s focus, according to several people who worked on Cyberpunk 2077, was on impressing the outside world...a slice of gameplay was showcased at E3, the industry’s main trade event, in 2018. It showed the main character embarking on a mission, giving players a grand tour of the seedy, crime-ridden Night City

Fans and journalists were wowed by Cyberpunk 2077’s ambition and scale. What they didn’t know was that the demo was almost entirely fake. CD Projekt hadn’t yet finalized and coded the underlying gameplay systems, which is why so many features, such as car ambushes, were missing from the final product. Developers said they felt like the demo was a waste of months that should have gone toward making the game

The overtime didn’t make development of the game any faster. At E3 in June 2019, CD Projekt announced that the game would come out on April 16, 2020. Fans were elated, but internally, some members of the team could only scratch their heads, wondering how they could possibly finish the game by then. One person said they thought the date was a joke. Based on the team’s progress, they expected the game to be ready in 2022. Developers created memes about the game getting delayed, making bets on when it would happen

Canceling features and scaling down the size of Cyberpunk’s metropolis helped, but the team’s growth hampered some departments, developers said...while The Witcher 3 was created by roughly 240 in-house staff, according to the company, Cyberpunk’s credits show that the game had well over 500 internal developers...but because CD Projekt wasn’t accustomed to such a size, people who worked on the game said their teams often felt siloed and unorganized

At the same time, CD Projekt remained understaffed. Games like Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption II, often held up as examples of the quality the company wanted to uphold, were made by dozens of offices and thousands of people...there were also cultural barriers brought about by hiring expats from the U.S. and Western Europe. The studio mandated everyone speak English during meetings with non-Polish speakers, but not everyone followed the rules

If true....just wow. My biggest issue with all of that is the following:
  • They showed the concept teaser trailer at E3 2013 which started all this hype. 7 years later we have a game....but 2022 would of made 9 years.
  • They showed the first glimpse of an actual game in 2018. While 2 years until actual release is stretching it...if it released in 2022...that's now 4 years.
I get they made no promises on release in these two bullet points, but that's just setting yourself up for backlash and disaster. Don't show something if you don't have anything...which sounds like maybe the developers wanted to follow. At the same time, as a public traded company, I get the business end probably had to show something to prove to the investors "yeah we have a product" so they don't loose the investments to fund the teams, etc (which I think around 2017/2018....there were tons of rumors about bringing in big investments to finish the game). If any of the rumors for the past month are true (and guessing at least some are) and depending what's found in the incoming lawsuits, investigations, etc....I fully expect the business end of CDPR to be turned upside down sometime later this year. This is not how you run a business, talk to your investors, and most importantly your fanbase.

If true....just wow. My biggest issue with all of that is the following:
  • They showed the concept teaser trailer at E3 2013 which started all this hype. 7 years later we have a game....but 2022 would of made 9 years.
  • They showed the first glimpse of an actual game in 2018. While 2 years until actual release is stretching it...if it released in 2022...that's now 4 years.
I get they made no promises on release in these two bullet points, but that's just setting yourself up for backlash and disaster. Don't show something if you don't have anything...which sounds like maybe the developers wanted to follow. At the same time, as a public traded company, I get the business end probably had to show something to prove to the investors "yeah we have a product" so they don't loose the investments to fund the teams, etc (which I think around 2017/2018....there were tons of rumors about bringing in big investments to finish the game). If any of the rumors for the past month are true (and guessing at least some are) and depending what's found in the incoming lawsuits, investigations, etc....I fully expect the business end of CDPR to be turned upside down sometime later this year. This is not how you run a business, talk to your investors, and most importantly your fanbase.
I fully expect the opposite. By the end of quarter 1, 2021, CD Projekt Red will be back on track and equitable in value to where they were before the backlash. I believe this so heartily that I bought a few thousand dollars worth of their stock in the backlash dip.
At the end of the day the game is a lot of fun.

I have 80 hours in it, in like a month of ownership. Since I work full time and have a family that means I play all the chance I get. They have a winner on their hands despite all the faux piss and moan. They’ve completely paid for the development and advertising of the game on the presale volume alone. 100% paid off. So any income they make from after launch sales is just gravy. Their reputation tarnish won’t last - because like I said the game is a blast to play. ~40% of presale volume was console - we don’t have numbers on refunds and that might affect the scenario slightly, but the company isn’t going to belly up or face a major reorganization with clear profits still looming!
I bought it on console, preordered and played it for about 8 hours on my Xbox Series X. Returned it for a refund when that was offered because yes it was buggy and slow on console. I decided I’d wait a few months, maybe six months and pick it up again on PC or after the next gen patch for Series X. I managed to wait three days, before I pushed the buy button for PC (at full price from GoG) because I was already hooked. I love it on PC. It’s one of the better games I’ve played. Bugs and all. It’s one of those games you can’t stop thinking about when you aren’t playing it.

Last edited:
I haven't done *every* yellow, but lots of them and lots of blue stars, whatever they are, the blue NCPD missions, and the assaults in progress. Those are great ways to get some seriously good loot including the occasional iconic or legendary. I'm still on meet Takemura and level 50 street cred, level 36. The side missions in this game are really fun. I think the overall stuff is less enticing to me than the stuff in GTA V or Witcher 3 but the side stuff is way more fun.

I stopped doi g the blue thing because i wasnt sure if they were random or not. I didnt want to get caught in a never ending trap

Cant really compare this to GTA i think. Its more like far cry or assassins creed oddessy or valhalla

I have finally managed to finish every single crime/gang mission. You get achievements for each area you complete, so that helps you keep track. As far as I can tell I've finished every side mission except my one broken one, too. I'll probably put my game on ice until the next patch with the hope that mission will be fixed.

Anyone know where you can find a legendary crafting plan for headwear? I have a full suite of legendary clothes with the exception of headwear. My armor rating is right around 5,000. That said, I can still get killed by random things. Explosions being the main one. If someone blows up an explosive barrel/box/car, it still 1-shot kills me if I'm close. I can also die by falling on certain inclines. It doesn't even matter if it's only like a 1-foot drop, the game's physics engine seems to think falling/jumping on certain angled objects is akin to falling off a building. It's happened to me 4-5 times. Especially trying to climb the hills near the drive-in theater or the concrete river flow areas.

There are missions you can come across that don't have map markers to start them. I've found a few that start once you pick up a shard.
Another I just stumbled across when I opened a garage door trying to find the entrance to a shop. Had to interact with things in the garage before the missions starts.

Another I just stumbled across when I opened a garage door trying to find the entrance to a shop. Had to interact with things in the garage before the missions starts.
Below the Cyber Doc in the 6th Street gang area. Check out the bike, interact with the laptop, then inspect the photograph next to it. Leads to a free bike otherwise not advertised in the game.

I am now running the edited .exe with the lines changed via a hex editor that I mentioned a few posts back. It seems like my crashing has stopped.

Strange, I get frame rate drops in the city center in the open areas with lots of reflective surfaces. I never noticed frame rate drops indoors.

It was in a very red lit area. Maelstrom place from a main mission.

I have finally managed to finish every single crime/gang mission. You get achievements for each area you complete, so that helps you keep track. As far as I can tell I've finished every side mission except my one broken one, too. I'll probably put my game on ice until the next patch with the hope that mission will be fixed.

Don't be so sure. There are missions that start from scanning an object (like the fridge in front of Dex's body in the landfill) or other bodies / blood out in the world. There are missions that do not have map markers to start them. The above mentioned quest for the Itzumade bike is one of them. There are no markers for any of it. You literally have to go off the photograph is shows you or look up a tutorial on how to do it. There are quests that start simply from reading datashards as well. There are also items you'll find and scan that get extra dialog with Johnny such as finding the bodies of either Militech agent from the prologue. Not all the game's secrets have been discovered yet.

Anyone know where you can find a legendary crafting plan for headwear? I have a full suite of legendary clothes with the exception of headwear. My armor rating is right around 5,000. That said, I can still get killed by random things. Explosions being the main one. If someone blows up an explosive barrel/box/car, it still 1-shot kills me if I'm close. I can also die by falling on certain inclines. It doesn't even matter if it's only like a 1-foot drop, the game's physics engine seems to think falling/jumping on certain angled objects is akin to falling off a building. It's happened to me 4-5 times. Especially trying to climb the hills near the drive-in theater or the concrete river flow areas.
Adding a helmet or some type of headgear won't change that. You can have an 8,000 armor rating and it won't save you from an exploding barrel or being hit by a car. That said, there are bugs with the crafting recipes at clothing vendors not showing up if you don't employ a specific workaround the very first time you visit them.

Don't be so sure. There are missions that start from scanning an object (like the fridge in front of Dex's body in the landfill) or other bodies / blood out in the world. There are missions that do not have map markers to start them. The above mentioned quest for the Itzumade bike is one of them. There are no markers for any of it. You literally have to go off the photograph is shows you or look up a tutorial on how to do it. There are quests that start simply from reading datashards as well. There are also items you'll find and scan that get extra dialog with Johnny such as finding the bodies of either Militech agent from the prologue. Not all the game's secrets have been discovered yet.

Adding a helmet or some type of headgear won't change that. You can have an 8,000 armor rating and it won't save you from an exploding barrel or being hit by a car. That said, there are bugs with the crafting recipes at clothing vendors not showing up if you don't employ a specific workaround the very first time you visit them.

Yes, i keep thinking what little thing i am passing up all over the map. There has to be tons of even lite easter egg kind of thing in nooks and what not. Almost feel like just try to walk the entire map

Wow doubt I'd have ever known about the hidden missions. One all the way back at Dexter DeShawn? fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Wow doubt I'd have ever known about the hidden missions. One all the way back at Dexter DeShawn? fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
That particular mission comes up in gameplay. I’d never have known about it if you just had to find it by random exploration. To open the fridge and find the body. I’ll leave it purposely vague to avoid spoilers.

it would make for an interesting play through if you turned off the gps and yellow waypoint markers and just had to find everything from dialogue and journal clues. The yellow waypoint led me straight to the fridge which is a little cheesy. Would be more interesting and provocative if you just had to find it.

After getting into this for more than a few hours this game feels very disjointed. I'm not sure if patches can save this one. Everything seems so outdated and rushed. Finish a story mission, and you get dozens of side quest calls overlapping. No hot key in the menu to open the Map, or Journal. Interestingly when not in the menu, hitting M or J will bring them up. So far the story has no sensible structure, I'm not every sure at this point if there is a overarching story. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get cybermods (or whatever they are called) installed. Can't find the cyber repairman (whatever they are called) because each location is damn impossible to find, and the in game GPS thing is worthless and keeps re-directing in circles. You'd think they could figure out how to sensible place a store front in the world so you don't spend 30-40 minutes constantly driving around looking for them.

And I think you spend more time picking up trash and the same gun that is 3% better than killing people with them.

So far, seems like a really bad Deus Ex knockoff. Not the worst game I've ever played. But somewhere along the line they lost the "fun" and "game" part in development. Empty world with lots of things the game can't convince you to care about, with a bad GPS pointing you incorrectly where you need to go. I do hope things get better, but I checked and I am around mission 10 out of 26 and I'm still thinking "when does the actual game start?".

They are called ripper-docs and they are on the map.

Yeah I know that, but finding them is harder than it should be. Finally found one that was simply placed off a street.

Game could be a lot worse, but just lots of little things are off. Like this. Just hard to read the text because there is no text box blocking or subduing the background.

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.01.16 - 15.16.44.13.png

Lighting can look stunning though.

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.01.15 - 17.07.10.18.png

There needs to be more vantage points though. Hard to get a feel for the districts because the view is blocked. Kind of want to see how the different districts look from above to really see the differences.

I mean literally one of the first NPCs you meet is a ripperdoc. You have to pay him back first, though.

Yeah but that wasn't on the map (for some reason?). Think it might be listed under something else, or was because I was in a quest. There is a nice side quest that had an Easter egg/camo of another well known video game character. It bugged out which made it even more funny. Thankfully quick saves meant I didn't have to replay 10-20 minutes though. So I have to give them props for that. Too bad most developers don't understand the importance of them.

Yeah but that wasn't on the map (for some reason?). Think it might be listed under something else, or was because I was in a quest. There is a nice side quest that had an Easter egg/camo of another well known video game character. It bugged out which made it even more funny. Thankfully quick saves meant I didn't have to replay 10-20 minutes though. So I have to give them props for that. Too bad most developers don't understand the importance of them.

Even with the quicksaves, exercise that F5 key often. 170 hours in, ask me how I know.

Flogger23m

Use your mouse wheel on the minimap. As you scroll it, the map zooms in and out. As you change zoom, more or less waypoints appear. The cyberdocs are a white surgical scissor icon. They are common. I don’t think that gripe is valid at all, if you know this tip.
Also usually if the waypoint path is zigzagging back and forth over itself it means the destination is above or below you. The zigzags happen on flights of stairs or streets that help you get to a different elevation.

Last edited:

I assumed headgear wouldn't matter, I was mainly just looking to complete my set. I found a legendary newsboy cap at the airport, so I'm finally good to go. I'd already visited all of the clothing vendors so they were no longer an option.

I'm sure there are plenty of hidden mini-quests scattered everywhere, but I've hit all the main ones. I've scoured the map pretty well, but it's obviously super dense a la RDR2. People are still finding stuff in that game. I'm level capped and packing nearly a full suite of legendary clothes/mods/guns/etc. so there isn't much point in doing much else that isn't just for the fun of it. Like the nose grenade guy.

Why are the street brawls so difficult?

I tried the grenade nose guy a half dozen times or more and never got him below 91%.

I feel woefully unprepared for those fights.

I tried the grenade nose guy a half dozen times or more and never got him below 91%.

Right before the fight starts, drop your most powerful melee weapon on the ground. As soon as the guys health bar appears, pick it up with R so its in your hands. You'll be able to use it in the fight.

Sometimes I've been able to lure them out of the fight zone to a point where I could use normal weapons and finished things that way.

Not very sportsmanlike though :sneaky:

The easiest way to approach the street brawls is with Gorilla Arms. You don't need the legendary ones - the blue ones work just fine all the way to and including the final fight.
The first one (with the two guys) you can win right out of the gates without any need for any special items or tactics. The others are geared for when you hit level 15 or so. It's why they (all?) have very high danger early in the game. Just wait until it drops to high or even medium.

Also, don't forget to block. It's tempting to just spaz out and wail on them, but it's way easier to just block and counter. Keep your distance. The game is really loose with parrying, so you can put up your defense just as they start to swing to get a parry 75% of the time. After a parry, a heavy swing does a lot more damage.

That's a glimpse on how the game was supposed to work if it was comlpeted. Becuase I find it pretty lame that fixer jobs are all marked on the map and the fixer calls you when you get within 50m of the marker like they have a gps tracker on you.

There has to be a bug with the fights. They are the last thing I have to do in one of my play throughs. I have legendary gorilla arms. I get hit twice and I'm dead, and they take next to no damage. Ozob bugged out on me and kept repeating his taunt over and over which is the only reason I beat him. It took probably three minutes of charged attacks to his face to drop him. Again that is with legendary gorilla arms. I refuse to believe that is intended. I do only have a body of four but there is no way you'd be able to do these fights when getting two tapped even with blocking. Either they are bugged or you need to have a higher body stat and I cant see them making the fights impossible just because you didn't spec into body.

The zigzags happen on flights of stairs or streets that help you get to a different elevation.

Problem is, it doesn't help. I'll just keep going to the same few that are easy to find. I know I'll be missing out on some mods, but its not like the game gives you any money. I've done a lot of side quests and it seems like the game gives you one option:

- Buy guns
- Buy a car
- Buy cybernetic mods

Even with picking up stuff and hacking into things, money is very hard to come by.

Crafting seems to use credits as well, and upgrading/getting components seems to be an effort in futility as well. I can upgrade one a few levels but chances are I'll already have something better in my inventory. Thinking of scrapping all my Rare/Epic equipment because upgrading them isn't doable.

You don’t need to buy guns ever.
You’ll find iconic ones that are better than anything you can buy and the ones you find in fights will be good enough.

You don’t need to buy cars, unless you just want to play for completion. I’m level 41 and never bought a car yet. You’ll get multiple free car and motorcycles through quests.

You should buy or find or use cybernetic upgrades. They are worthwhile. Money hasn’t been a problem for me at all. I have $500k right now and nothing to spend it on. (Unless I want to do the car purchases).

I hack all access points which is good for $3K plus each and there are usually 3-5 or so per mission. That means you should be reeling in $10k + per mission.

You don’t need to buy guns ever.
You’ll find iconic ones that are better than anything you can buy and the ones you find in fights will be good enough.

You don’t need to buy cars, unless you just want to play for completion. I’m level 41 and never bought a car yet. You’ll get multiple free car and motorcycles through quests.

You should buy or find or use cybernetic upgrades. They are worthwhile. Money hasn’t been a problem for me at all. I have $500k right now and nothing to spend it on. (Unless I want to do the car purchases).

I hack all access points which is good for $3K plus each and there are usually 3-5 or so per mission. That means you should be reeling in $10k + per mission.

Yeah, half way through a second playthrough and I don't think I ever bought a gun, there just isn't any need.

In fact outside of Iconics, there is no reason to not just dismantle every gun you find unless its early on. Eventually you'll have Iconics for every weapon slot that are just plain better than anything else so you'll craft Legendary versions of them and you're set.

There has to be a bug with the fights. They are the last thing I have to do in one of my play throughs. I have legendary gorilla arms. I get hit twice and I'm dead, and they take next to no damage. Ozob bugged out on me and kept repeating his taunt over and over which is the only reason I beat him. It took probably three minutes of charged attacks to his face to drop him. Again that is with legendary gorilla arms. I refuse to believe that is intended. I do only have a body of four but there is no way you'd be able to do these fights when getting two tapped even with blocking. Either they are bugged or you need to have a higher body stat and I cant see them making the fights impossible just because you didn't spec into body.

They always 2 hit you. Stand back, hold strong attack unt they charve you side step and swing into their face. Rinse and repeat

How i did them all.

I beat the twins and got to the second guy that one shots me and I gave up on this quest, clearly its one of the multitude of issues that needs to be patched

I beat the first few fights without gorilla arms, but it was hard. I had to try like 15 times.

The key is doing lots of dodges and parries. You basically can't get hit once. You can also double-jump if you get into a bad position.

Last edited:
Also, what's pretty OP for those fights are having double jump and a Sandevistan OS. Being able to slow time for, in the case of my Legendary OS, 12 seconds pretty easy. Get in as many hits as you can then just sprint around while it coolsdown. Pretty much can't lose. That plus the "strat" I posted above in spoiler tags it makes the fights pretty trivial.

I finally got a car back, and then got another in a side quest. Was getting tired of the motorcycle. Just seems odd that they'd litter the map with all these vehicles, stores and whatnot and then essentially make them impossible to use. Had to pay half my cash to progress a story mission. Which is just... lame. Paying to progress the story? I understand they want to try and make the game "tough" but there are better ways to do things.

The quest designs in general are just poor. Pay money to progress. Come here to start the quest during the day. Talk for 2 minutes. Now wait another day for the NPC to call you back. Seriously? Who makes these quests? Why can't we just take a quest and finish it? It isn't exactly fun to go somewhere, get started, and then get kicked out of the quest 1 to 2 times. Just a waste of time. Why even bother? So you can drive somewhere else and start another quest that will make you come back later to finish? Or play another one of those awful crazed lunatic killing people in the open quests.

The more I play, the less impressed I get.

Gorilla arms make a big difference; modded with bleeding damage will also help. Next, there is a strategy that works with most of the boxers: wait for them to start rushing you then move towards them and use a heavy attack before they can hit you. This will knock back most of them when timed right. You can get an extra hit or two in on the weaker ones if you want, but as you move up, it is usually smarter to back off and let your stamina regen. If you miss or the hit fails, then move away quickly. All these fighter's have combos that can wipe you out if they connect. Rinse and repeat sadly. They don't change up their styles enough to negate this strategy, so it can actually get a bit boring in the long fights (like Ozob).

Interesting that the fights are throwing people off. The only one I lost was to Razor and it's because I was trying to time my parries. In that fight, you just want to block as he starts to wind up. There's a weird long animation with his punches so doing that will actually end up parrying him.
I don't think any of my fights took more than a 1-2 minutes. Big charged up haymaker + 3-4 shots, back away and repeat another couple times and that's that. I hoped there would be more to those fights, but outside of the first one they basically all do the same things.

Money-wise, you don't ever need to buy weapons. If you have money to blow you can snag something that seems fun, but know that you can craft or find something better than all of 'em. That's irregardless of what level you are. You'll occasionally see something you might not have plans for, though. I bought a machete with a shitload of expansion slots and tons of damage. There wasn't really much reason to, but I had the $ and I wanted one.

Spend your money on cybernetic stuff and crafting plans. You'll find some items, but you'll need to pay for more of the higher end ones. Upgrade your OS immediately. Even if you aren't playing with that style, it'll make your life easier. Get charge jumps or (IMO easier to use) double jump mods, too. If you do any quickhacking, make sure you buy those abilities and learn to craft the upgrades. They're basically like magic spells in this game. Crafting-wise, get Armadillo as soon as you can. It makes the biggest impact on your armor by far. As you get better at crafting, you'll occasionally spit out blue and purple versions about 1/3 of the time.

Crafting-wise, get Armadillo as soon as you can. It makes the biggest impact on your armor by far. As you get better at crafting, you'll occasionally spit out blue and purple versions about 1/3 of the time.
I caught a video the other day and for the life of me I can't remember the details but apparently your ability to "chance" get a blue/purple version of white mods when crafting is tied to your level. I want to say you have to be 35 for a chance for Purple/Epic mods?

Back