Cyberpunk 2077

I have not had pop-in issues with the crowd a single time (crowd density set to high) in 100 hours of play.

Anyone else have Steam "Validate" Cyberpunk every time you restart Steam? It's only there for a second or two, but that's the only game I've ever seen do that. Usually that's only when a game has an update.
I've got 11 things installed, I've seen that pop up for most of them. No idea why.

I've been enjoying my second playthrough more than the first, now that I'm completely ignoring the main quests and focus on side missions. It's especially funny to do gigs way above my pay grade (level) Rogue just gave an assassination mission. Where the target was protected by animals, not actual animals, but THE animals. Had to try it three times. I have this OP sniper rifle I use to take out high level enemies. It does 2-3000 damage / headshot with critical. But this target still needed two headshots due to the level difference. So slip in unseen, take the two shots, then run as fast as I Can, hop in the car, and try to get away before the boss animal comes out of the building. Because he can one shot even my car.

Another funny gig: an assassination too. High level enemies crawling everywhere, that you can't grab, but that's not the issue. Target is behind a locked door that needs huge tech level to open. So what does the wannabe assassin do? Raise hell outside the room, and voila the target runs screaming and opens the door from the inside. Thank you very much. Take the shot then disappear before the other guards and robots wake up.

If you drop a blunt object weapon before the fight, you can pick it up (equip) and use it during the fight. Kind of cheap but maybe worth it.
I just ended up buying the legendary Gorilla arms for those fights, since I had barely any investment in Body. Worked well enough, I had to redo a couple of fights because they will one or two-shot you some of the time, but with enough dodging you can take them out fairly quickly.

I just ended up buying the legendary Gorilla arms for those fights, since I had barely any investment in Body. Worked well enough, I had to redo a couple of fights because they will one or two-shot you some of the time, but with enough dodging you can take them out fairly quickly.

Apparently I had some legendary gorilla arms as a reward for something so I equipped those and worked my way through the fights last night. I still died in 1-2 hits but it wasn't too bad. I think I have now finished every quest, gig and NCPD scanner available in my current game, I might take a break for a bit then do another playthrough to see some of the stuff I missed.

I've been enjoying my second playthrough more than the first, now that I'm completely ignoring the main quests and focus on side missions. It's especially funny to do gigs way above my pay grade (level) Rogue just gave an assassination mission. Where the target was protected by animals, not actual animals, but THE animals. Had to try it three times. I have this OP sniper rifle I use to take out high level enemies. It does 2-3000 damage / headshot with critical. But this target still needed two headshots due to the level difference. So slip in unseen, take the two shots, then run as fast as I Can, hop in the car, and try to get away before the boss animal comes out of the building. Because he can one shot even my car.

Another funny gig: an assassination too. High level enemies crawling everywhere, that you can't grab, but that's not the issue. Target is behind a locked door that needs huge tech level to open. So what does the wannabe assassin do? Raise hell outside the room, and voila the target runs screaming and opens the door from the inside. Thank you very much. Take the shot then disappear before the other guards and robots wake up.

That's one of the neat things about this game. You can actually take a lot of different approaches to different missions. Even though they're tough, missions way above your level are still possible to win with some shenanigans. If you take a stealthy approach, it feels a lot like Deus Ex to me.
The downside is that game mostly tries to deter you from trying. The gear that drops is like 15 levels above you, and by the time you get to that level it sucks. Whatever gear scaling they use in the game seems to ensure that. I don't think you get any extra XP, although I do think you get more $. I remember early missions netting a few grand, while later ones would pull in an excess of 10K. Not like I really used money much, anyway.

I have not had pop-in issues with the crowd a single time (crowd density set to high) in 100 hours of play.
I wonder how much of it is that versus how much it has to do with other pieces of hardware. Nintendo games in general have an "issue" that if it's not on screen it's not in the game. Things "disappear" depending on perspective - and this is used all the time as an advantage in the speed run community.
Anyway, I say this to say I wonder if it's therefore a matter of how much RAM is in each persons system or perhaps even how much video RAM is in each system (which is the reason for Nintendo games/systems being like that). Because I haven't noticed this behavior either. I have noticed other odd/funny behaviors like disappearing/reappearing vehicles when summoned - but that's a different sub-set of glitch.

I have 32GB of system memory and 16GB on my graphics card (Radeon VII).

I have 32GB of system memory and 16GB on my graphics card (Radeon VII).

To be fair, I also have 32GB of RAM and I'm basically running everything on medium with an 8GB vcard.... (I demand a capped 60 minimum.... Stupid 1st world spoiled American that I am)

So I dunno *shrugs

- I am gonna try medium crowd distance and will report back later tonight to see if I can still replicate the "Ninja VANISH!" issue

- I am gonna try medium crowd distance and will report back later tonight to see if I can still replicate the "Ninja VANISH!" issue

So I ran the exact same save several times, exited and restarted the game...

Ran the exact same "loop" that I had last night which allowed me to easily replicate the issue..

AND after changing the crowd density setting to Medium:

The vanishing NPC issue is GONE!! (I've seen a lotta weird stuff in muh day but this one raised an eyebrow)

Bonus points cuz it actually appears more realistic than High.... High density felt like I was at Disneyland or something due to shoulder-to-shoulder crowds etc

TLDR: setting Crowd Density to Medium eliminates the "disappearing NPC issue" (at least for me)

It took 105 hours of gameplay but I finally had a CTD. I figured it was potentially repeatable and it was, crashing again doing the same thing with the police spawning in a specific area of the badlands likely being the culprit. I'm kind of relieved that it finally happened, lol

I've got 32GB of RAM and 24GB of video memory with crowds on "high." The easiest way for me to get people to disappear is to go to one of the areas in uptown with a bunch of people walking down the sidewalk. Run past them and then spin around and sometimes they disappear. Some times it's a few of them, sometimes all. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it.
I've had a couple crashes, but it has always involved re-loading a prior save. I think it's happened 3 times in my 50'ish hours of playing. It just froze on the loading screen and the game gave me a little "Woops - Cyberpunk crashed!" pop up.

-- I feel obligated to share these settings seeing as how this has been my "mission" since release day & it took a lot of trial and error / research --

Using the specs in my signature (my GTX 1080 being the primary factor I'm sure), to achieve a STEADY 60 fps in the same "scene" benchmarked by Digital Foundry:

Texture Quality: High

FOV: 80
Film Grain: Off
Chromatic Abberation: Off
Depth of Field: Off
Lense Flare: On
Motion Blur: Off

Contact Shadows: On
Improved Facial Lighting Geometry: On
Local Shadow Mesh Quality: Medium
Local Shadow Quality Medium
Cascaded Shadows Range: Medium
Cascaded Shadows Resolution: Medium
Distant Shadows Resolution: High
Volumetric Fog Resolution: Medium
Volumetric Cloud Quality: Medium
Max Dynamic Decals: High
Screen Space Reflections Quality: Off (this does NOT mean reflections are turned off - see video below)
Subsurface Scattering Quality: High
Ambient Occlusion: Low
Color Precision: Medium
Mirror Quality: High
Level of Detail: High

Crowd Density: Medium

(Regarding the Screen Space Reflections setting)

> Hopefully someone finds this helpful..

That's one of the neat things about this game. You can actually take a lot of different approaches to different missions. Even though they're tough, missions way above your level are still possible to win with some shenanigans. If you take a stealthy approach, it feels a lot like Deus Ex to me.
The downside is that game mostly tries to deter you from trying. The gear that drops is like 15 levels above you, and by the time you get to that level it sucks. Whatever gear scaling they use in the game seems to ensure that. I don't think you get any extra XP, although I do think you get more $. I remember early missions netting a few grand, while later ones would pull in an excess of 10K. Not like I really used money much, anyway.
Yeah it does feel like deusex, especially when there are sneaky back ways in. I'm trying to buy all cars, but I no longer think that is possible, there is just so many. And quite a few cost 130k or more. On my first play I didn't get offered half this many rides. I'm datamining everything that allows it, do every NCPD activity, but money justn't isn't coming in fast enough. Maybe I should start selling weapons instead of deconstructing them.

Another thing: I've just managed to reach the level to craft a legendary pistol, but it turns out it has 4 ammo capacity. So it's basically a sniper rifle but without the range and headshot multipler, and half as much damage. Such a disappointment.

Got my second broken quest this morning. When Judy calls and tells you to come over to her apartment ASAP. I was in the middle of another mission and when I went by, the doorbell simply wouldn't work. It wasn't lit up and nothing would trigger it. I eventually went back to a prior save and (luckily), the doorbell worked fine that time. Might not be an issue for everyone, but if you get that call - go over there immediately.

I still can't complete Kirk's mission, though. I originally triggered that mission like 35 levels ago, so there's no way I can go back to an earlier save, either. Haven't had any issues with any random side missions. I bet I've completed 75 or more of those sans any weirdness.

Yeah it does feel like deusex, especially when there are sneaky back ways in. I'm trying to buy all cars, but I no longer think that is possible, there is just so many. And quite a few cost 130k or more. On my first play I didn't get offered half this many rides. I'm datamining everything that allows it, do every NCPD activity, but money justn't isn't coming in fast enough. Maybe I should start selling weapons instead of deconstructing them.

Another thing: I've just managed to reach the level to craft a legendary pistol, but it turns out it has 4 ammo capacity. So it's basically a sniper rifle but without the range and headshot multipler, and half as much damage. Such a disappointment.
For what it's worth, I sold literally everything I found for a while. I haven't bought any cars (at all), but I'm running around with $500,000 and I've spent more than $300,000 on random weapons and cybernetic upgrades I wanted. I found a supercar by doing a side mission and I usually ride a motorcycle, so I've had no desire to do the car buying thing. It doesn't seem like the various mission enemies respawn, but I guess there are always random enemies having shootouts with the cops that can net you a little money here and there. If there's a finite amount of money in the normal game, that might be the only way to get more cash once you're at 100% with everything else.

For what it's worth, I sold literally everything I found for a while. I haven't bought any cars (at all), but I'm running around with $500,000 and I've spent more than $300,000 on random weapons and cybernetic upgrades I wanted. I found a supercar by doing a side mission and I usually ride a motorcycle, so I've had no desire to do the car buying thing. It doesn't seem like the various mission enemies respawn, but I guess there are always random enemies having shootouts with the cops that can net you a little money here and there. If there's a finite amount of money in the normal game, that might be the only way to get more cash once you're at 100% with everything else.
Outside of in game glitches of course, like being able to sell that painting for $4000 then immediately but it back for $5. I don't even know if that qualifies as a glitch but it's a quick way to get money regardless.

So if you want to buy all the cars, your need around $1.7 million dollars. It is possible to get that much money playing the game, but that would assume you don't buy anything else (guns, cyber upgrades, etc.).

On a normal playthrough, when you are using your cash, it's unlikely you can get all the cars. I used the painting exploit to get a bunch of money. It's kind of a cheap thing to do, but it's in the game, so I consider it fair.

I'm playing on hard for the second playthrough. AI is dumb as shit but the action is still fun.

I have a broken cyber psycho quest. Killed the girl, and it just says examine the area/beach. I did, up on the deck and down at the water, won't go away.

Annoying

I have a broken cyber psycho quest. Killed the girl, and it just says examine the area/beach. I did, up on the deck and down at the water, won't go away.

Annoying

The wedding one? There's a broken section of railing, have to investigate something down on the beach. I had to look this one up too

Annoying

Pick up and read all the shards from every body. Psycho, two on the deck then on the beach below.

I had the same thing happen to me on another cyberpsycho, had to reload and do it again for events to properly trigger.

I'm noticing that crafting weapons has some definite RNG factors involved. Not just the random effects, but the damage. I've seen the same weapon vary in damage from about 400DPS all the way to 1200DPS. Some even go to 2200+, but those seem a little more steady. Even when it says the one you're crafting is of a certain damage-level, don't necessarily trust it. It could be higher or lower. Definitely create a save before crafting.

After stockpiling a ton of materials for nearly the whole game, I just hit level 45 and started crafting some uber-powerful weapons at last. I had previously created a ton of quickhacks and some armadillo mods for my armor, but I'd never bothered with weapons before.

I'm noticing that crafting weapons has some definite RNG factors involved. Not just the random effects, but the damage. I've seen the same weapon vary in damage from about 400DPS all the way to 1200DPS. Some even go to 2200+, but those seem a little more steady. Even when it says the one you're crafting is of a certain damage-level, don't necessarily trust it. It could be higher or lower. Definitely create a save before crafting.

After stockpiling a ton of materials for nearly the whole game, I just hit level 45 and started crafting some uber-powerful weapons at last. I had previously created a ton of quickhacks and some armadillo mods for my armor, but I'd never bothered with weapons before.

Yeah it's been talked about a lot on YouTube and the numbers you see precrafting is just a placeholder, it's always RNG with what you end up with.

With Armadillo, spam craft the commons and youll get plenty of Epics.

Im amazed hiw bad the AI is in this. Cyberpyscos you can cheese to death by just climbing on an object and tbe run up to said object and you pop them in the face.

The smart guns are broken as well to me. Smart sniper and im going through areas i should not be un by headshotting from a mile away, through walls so eti.es.

Silly

Im amazed hiw bad the AI is in this. Cyberpyscos you can cheese to death by just climbing on an object and tbe run up to said object and you pop them in the face.

The smart guns are broken as well to me. Smart sniper and im going through areas i should not be un by headshotting from a mile away, through walls so eti.es.

Silly
Power weapons are supposed to go through walls. I didn't have that much issue with AI, it's not great but if I don't actively try to exploit them, it's fine.

Silly

I've seen a lot of posts talking about how bad the AI is...bugs and performance issues are one thing but I was expecting better in terms of AI...didn't CDPR also compare the side quests in the game to the best of Witcher 3?...and how each life path would offer drastically different playthroughs?

Power weapons are supposed to go through walls. I didn't have that much issue with AI, it's not great but if I don't actively try to exploit them, it's fine.

But its objects they shoumd be able to climb. Ive seen basic guys climb up stuff to get me but the pyscos cant so it. Its not even exploiting its just getting high ground.

I don't think normal enemies can ever reach high ground if there's no ladder or stair-step objects. Many can't even jump/climb at all. Hence, double jump can make a lot of battles pretty trivial. The AI's definitely not good. It's not really any worse than TES games and Fallout and such, though. The constant ability to climb almost totally vertical makes it more noticeable. Even playing normally, you can circle around objects and lose enemies. Or just psionic blast an entire army from across the street.
I think level scaling and the game difficulty is probably something they can and will adjust. They put a lot of time into systems that are barely needed. The weird level caps for weapons, the overpowered gear that isn't needed, and the "Very High" danger missions that the game punishes you for completing earlier. Those are things that could be adjusted pretty easily and would make the game a more enjoyable experience.

Very Hard

Tbf cyberpsychos have different difficulties and some are a piece of cake, though melee skills/weapons can be built-up to be insanely OP.

The most challenging fights of the game are Oda and those in the hidden final mission.

Tbf cyberpsychos have different difficulties and some are a piece of cake, though melee skills/weapons can be built-up to be insanely OP.
I didn't put anything into melee / body on my second playthrough. So I usually bring cyberpsycho's health down to bellow 10% with regular weapons then finish them off with non lethal melee stuff.

I don't think normal enemies can ever reach high ground if there's no ladder or stair-step objects. Many can't even jump/climb at all. Hence, double jump can make a lot of battles pretty trivial. The AI's definitely not good. It's not really any worse than TES games and Fallout and such, though. The constant ability to climb almost totally vertical makes it more noticeable. Even playing normally, you can circle around objects and lose enemies. Or just psionic blast an entire army from across the street.
I think level scaling and the game difficulty is probably something they can and will adjust. They put a lot of time into systems that are barely needed. The weird level caps for weapons, the overpowered gear that isn't needed, and the "Very High" danger missions that the game punishes you for completing earlier. Those are things that could be adjusted pretty easily and would make the game a more enjoyable experience.

i've seen them do it a few times without ladders.

Cyberpsychos are coded not to die when their health drops to zero, they just collapse on the ground alive. So you don't need non lethal weapons to finish those quests, you can freely unload regular damage into them. (you can kill them after they collapse though, so if you want to do that wait till the quest is over)

Cyberpsychos are coded not to die when their health drops to zero, they just collapse on the ground alive. So you don't need non lethal weapons to finish those quests, you can freely unload regular damage into them. (you can kill them after they collapse though, so if you want to do that wait till the quest is over)

Yeah, I noticed this after the first couple of them. I "killed" my first few with shotgun blasts, but was thanked for keeping them alive. I was able to successfully complete the entire Psycho Killer chain quest having shot up half of them when it was all said and done.

For me it seemed hit or miss whether or not they would die. Might have been a bug, but I definitely "killed" them and had to restart before without shooting them when they were already down.

Played like 2 hours without a crash. That being said, I think I'll put it away until this next big patch that's supposedly gets released soon drops. I want to enjoy this game and take my time. Damn, it's been in development for ever so I guess another month of waiting is no big deal:(

I just hope whatever patch they roll out fixes my one broken mission. I've been doing every side gig in the world (mostly killing time) so I can do that mission before getting too far into the main plot.

Back