Cyberpunk 2077

Finished Cyberpunk over the holidays (80 hours and did all the side missions) and here are my thoughts in no particular order (played on normal difficulty):
  • Main Story 8/10
  • Side missions 6/10
  • Random NCPD world activities 2/10 (just grindy and didn't find myself needing to do these)
  • Map is huge and unused
    • You can be in one "dense" area, get in a car, go 2 minutes in another direction, and then in an empty deserted area.
    • Take the oil fields as another example...why design all of that for just one cut scene mission with Johnny and then one tarot card?
    • Guessing a lot ended up getting cut out...maybe? Guess we shall see what the DLC brings and maybe multi
    • Filling one area of the badlands with solar panels is just filler....that's just laziness.
    • Got tired of walking around and seeing the same vending machines filling up walls, etc. Again...that's lazy map design IMO.
  • Consumables - pointless...even if they slim down the choices, make it easier to manage, etc...never found myself needing one...just sold them all for money
  • Cyberware - meh...kind of like consumables...never found myself really needing legendary variants, etc. Was hoping for more variety and uniqueness as well.... after the first "wow appeal" on learning them...they kind of were boring in the long run.
  • Sneak - terribly broken or horribly implemented...not sure which one.
  • Guns - could use more variety (in between of this game and borderlands)
  • Apparel - could us more variety as well
  • Cars - handling is terrible...found myself using the motocycle most of the time.
  • Shards - whats the point of these? Just nonsense...some of them were interesting like "the fall of the net" and the cyberphysco ones ...but most of them was nonsense...this is the RPG story we get for a 7 year development game? Was hoping for lore, backstory, etc

I had fun playing the game don't get me wrong, but it had a lot of shortcomings for an RPG in my opinion. For the most part, its more of an FPS pretending to be an RPG.

Last edited:
On my first play-through I've tried to be stealthy and sneak around. While it was challenging, it was somewhat exciting to complete a mission without getting noticed.

On my second play-through most of my missions have degenerated into
1) stealthily hack a camera and spread contagion / overheat / short circuit / system reset quickhacks
or
2) beat people non-lethally with a dildo / punch them with gorilla arms

Third play-through will be a katana wielding street kid and a murder hobo style.

I just bought the game, do we still need to get config files that make it run better? Where do I get that info again? I'm sure it buried somewhere in here.

https://www.gosunoob.com/cyberpunk-2077/rebind-controls-change-keybinds/

I posted that above. I haven't tried it yet, but I will. Seems like the way to do it based on what I've seen on the internet.

thanks.

sucks as I need to go through all of this to try and rebind things that will make more sense. I don't understand why in 2020 we can't just allow people to rebind every single control from in the game. So stupid. I'm reaching back across the keyboard so many times.

that and NO toggle for aiming?

Finished Cyberpunk over the holidays (80 hours and did all the side missions) and here are my thoughts in no particular order (played on normal difficulty):
I run and gun everything. Not having a walk button forced me to do that.
I double tap W a lot (FPS twitch on mx red switches) and I immediately spook the enemies so I just blast my way through, no Cyberware unless they are hiding behind something and need to ping.

This needed to be a third person game. I think something broke and they came out ahead of it and said it needed to be first-person. A blend of perspectives should have been done.
A lot of their concepts broke......but man I have fun....one of the most fun broken games I've played. You name it, there's an exploit for it. Amazing.

• Main Story 8/10
  • Side missions 6/10
  • Random NCPD world activities 2/10 (just grindy and didn't find myself needing to do these)
  • Map is huge and unused
    • You can be in one "dense" area, get in a car, go 2 minutes in another direction, and then in an empty deserted area.
    • Take the oil fields as another example...why design all of that for just one cut scene mission with Johnny and then one tarot card?
    • Guessing a lot ended up getting cut out...maybe? Guess we shall see what the DLC brings and maybe multi
    • Filling one area of the badlands with solar panels is just filler....that's just laziness.
    • Got tired of walking around and seeing the same vending machines filling up walls, etc. Again...that's lazy map design IMO.
  • Consumables - pointless...even if they slim down the choices, make it easier to manage, etc...never found myself needing one...just sold them all for money
  • Cyberware - meh...kind of like consumables...never found myself really needing legendary variants, etc. Was hoping for more variety and uniqueness as well.... after the first "wow appeal" on learning them...they kind of were boring in the long run.
  • Guns - could use more variety (in between of this game and borderlands)
  • Apparel - could us more variety as well
  • Cars - handling is terrible...found myself using the motocycle most of the time.
  • Shards - whats the point of these? Just nonsense...some of them were interesting like "the fall of the net" and the cyberphysco ones ...but most of them was nonsense...this is the RPG story we get for a 7 year development game? Was hoping for lore, backstory, etc

I had fun playing the game don't get me wrong, but it had a lot of shortcomings for an RPG in my opinion. For the most part, its more of an FPS pretending to be an RPG.
  • Main story in my opinion is too short, and unsatisfying. The endings are basically all the same told differently. Much like conversation choices are the same with different words, no matter what you choose the end result is always the same. So I think the story is only a 6/10 at best.
  • Side Missions: IDK why you score them this low, these were some of the best side gigs I've seen in any game. Only a few select games can even stand the comparison. At least a 9/10 in my opinion.
  • Random NCPD encounters: I agree they are not necessary, but still fun to complete as shooting in the game is pretty satisfying. So I never felt it as a grind. Grind is something you need to do, but don't want to. These are the exact opposite, unnecessary but fun to do.
  • Map utilization seems a bit low, but then again it's not an issue. We only make it into an issue, but you can't realistically expect every building in the city and every bush in the desert to have its own mission attached to it. I actually prefer the world to be a bit spaced out, so it doesn't feel that the whole city is just there for the missions benefit. This is the right way to design maps.
  • Consumables - Agree with that they are a mess, cumbersome to use, and too many variables for the same effect. I only really used healing hypos during the game. You find so many so it's not as if you have to save them.
  • Cyberware - I haven't explored them as throughly as I'd like to yet, but they do seem underwhelming, and the game can be easily completed without them.
  • Sneak - What do you mean? Sneaking is one of the most overpowered parts of the game, it's a bit hard to not get noticed, but not impossible.
  • Guns - I think there is plenty of variety here, shotguns, pistols, rifles, submachineguns, machineguns, and dozens of variations for each, some with unique perks.
  • Apparel - Again plenty of variation from what I Saw, the problem here is that if you go by stats then the look gets ruined, if you go by looks you often end up with terrible stats. It's hard to find stuff that looks cool, but not terrible.
  • Cars - driving is great, handling is better than expected, probably the most realistic in this type of game I've ever seen. It takes some getting used to, but I love driving in the game, it feels immersive.
  • Shards - I just ignored 99% of them, couldn't be bothered to read them
I agree that it's less of an RPG than advertised, but I find that to be a good thing, I wanted an immersive sim, and this is somewhere in between.

Last edited:
When in c9mbat, if someone is trying hack.you hkw do you stop them?

Easiest way I found is with the Perk that highlights enemy Netrunners when they try to hack you (they turn gold) and a power weapon that can shot through walls. Snipers work the best. If you're going the Netrunner route yourself, then find a security terminal or camera you can hack into before alerting the enemies. Once you take over control of the cameras you can switch between them and dole out your attacks through them. Makes the game way too easy, but it is still fun for a while.

Easiest way I found is with the Perk that highlights enemy Netrunners when they try to hack you (they turn gold) and a power weapon that can shot through walls. Snipers work the best. If you're going the Netrunner route yourself, then find a security terminal or camera you can hack into before alerting the enemies. Once you take over control of the cameras you can switch between them and dole out your attacks through them. Makes the game way too easy, but it is still fun for a while.

Ive been finding the hack stuff and the extra vision thing a chore alresdy.

Half of it i dont even understand.

The menu system sucks as well.

Ive been finding the hack stuff and the extra vision thing a chore alresdy.

Half of it i dont even understand.

The menu system sucks as well.

Its not long before it becomes stupidly overpowered, like most combat styles in the game. You can clear whole missions without firing a shot, and very easily.

There is no way anyone can say the car handling is fantastic in this game.

Maybe on a controller? On a keyboard its laughably bad.

I don't really mind because I just fast travel everywhere, but the cars are horrible.

There is no way anyone can say the car handling is fantastic in this game.

Maybe on a controller? On a keyboard its laughably bad.

I don't really mind because I just fast travel everywhere, but the cars are horrible.
People complained ad nausea about the race mission in Mafia. That doesn't mean it was bad. It just meant they suck at driving.
And yeah I play with keyboard and love driving in CP2077. Even motorcycles. They implemented some very immersive features.
Like how the bike tries to do a stoppie when braking very hard, and the way it wants to loose control. That's next level stuff I haven't even seen in dedicated racing sims yet.

It's too bad the average person cannot appreciate the attention to detail that went into the driving aspect of the game.

Last edited:
  • Main story in my opinion is too short, and unsatisfying. The endings are basically all the same told differently. Much like conversation choices are the same with different words, no matter what you choose the end result is always the same. So I think the story is only a 6/10 at best.
  • Side Missions: IDK why you score them this low, these were some of the best side gigs I've seen in any game. Only a few select games can even stand the comparison. At least a 9/10 in my opinion.
  • Random NCPD encounters: I agree they are not necessary, but still fun to complete as shooting in the game is pretty satisfying. So I never felt it as a grind. Grind is something you need to do, but don't want to. These are the exact opposite, unnecessary but fun to do.
  • Map utilization seems a bit low, but then again it's not an issue. We only make it into an issue, but you can't realistically expect every building in the city and every bush in the desert to have its own mission attached to it. I actually prefer the world to be a bit spaced out, so it doesn't feel that the whole city is just there for the missions benefit. This is the right way to design maps.
  • Consumables - Agree with that they are a mess, cumbersome to use, and too many variables for the same effect. I only really used healing hypos during the game. You find so many so it's not as if you have to save them.
  • Cyberware - I haven't explored them as throughly as I'd like to yet, but they do seem underwhelming, and the game can be easily completed without them.
  • Sneak - What do you mean? Sneaking is one of the most overpowered parts of the game, it's a bit hard to not get noticed, but not impossible.
  • Guns - I think there is plenty of variety here, shotguns, pistols, rifles, submachineguns, machineguns, and dozens of variations for each, some with unique perks.
  • Apparel - Again plenty of variation from what I Saw, the problem here is that if you go by stats then the look gets ruined, if you go by looks you often end up with terrible stats. It's hard to find stuff that looks cool, but not terrible.
  • Cars - driving is great, handling is better than expected, probably the most realistic in this type of game I've ever seen. It takes some getting used to, but I love driving in the game, it feels immersive.
  • Shards - I just ignored 99% of them, couldn't be bothered to read them
I agree that it's less of an RPG than advertised, but I find that to be a good thing, I wanted an immersive sim, and this is somewhere in between.

For the side missions, here is how I viewed them.
  • Panam - Thought this one was the best and really fun and enjoyable.
  • River - Just couldn't get into it.
  • Judy - Between Panam and River. The underwater city part I thought was really cool lore wise and wanted more (not just that scene/part...but in the game).
  • Rogue - While tied to Johnny's missions, I thought this character was under utilized and found her to be potentially really interesting. Tons of opportunity here and I am hoping the DLC goes more into her (they clearly set it up....hope they just actually go into it sooner then later...later being a future game like a prequel, etc).
  • Claire - Meh...at first im like "YEEEESSSSS death races!!!" and then after the first race, I was terribly disappointed.

Sneak - maybe I just sucked at it, but I did try numerous times and even when I thought I was doing good (dumping bodies in containers, disabling camera's, etc ), somehow I got noticed in probably a majority of them.

I am sure ill do another play thru once the DLC drops and there fixes/patches are released, so it be interesting to see how it evolves later this year, etc.

My favorite side mission was the Peralez's. River was pretty good also, even if a bit out of place for a game like this. It's like an episode from a crime TV series.
My least favorite was probably getting the band together again, but that wasn't all bad either.

People complained ad nausea about the race mission in Mafia. That doesn't mean it was bad. It just meant they suck at driving.
And yeah I play with keyboard and love driving in CP2077. Even motorcycles. They implemented some very immersive features.
Like how the bike tries to do a stoppie when braking very hard, and the way it wants to loose control. That's next level stuff I haven't even seen in dedicated racing sims yet.

It's too bad the average person cannot appreciate the attention to detail that went into the driving aspect of the game.

sorry, the race was laughably terrible and extremely difficult to control.

Little tip, up the difficulty once you're easily crushing the NCPD stuff and smaller encounters.

sorry, the race was laughably terrible and extremely difficult to control.
I'm not sorry, funny, you try to deny me my own experience. It was the easiest mission for me, no trouble at all. Lapped opponents in the 5 lap race, it doesn't get much easier than that.

I only use motorcycles. Way better feel to them and more opportunity to countersteer. The heavier vehicles feel ok but the cars are dog shit.

I use them just because it's way easier to deal with traffic. It's like that in nearly every game like this. It doesn't matter how fast and badass your car is if other vehicles and pedestrians are always in your way. Motorcycles are basically like turbo walking instead.

I'm not sorry, funny, you try to deny me my own experience. It was the easiest mission for me, no trouble at all. Lapped opponents in the 5 lap race, it doesn't get much easier than that.
I don't think it's possible to lap anybody. The AI cars continuously respawn behind you so they're always right on your tail. Perhaps they respawned in front of you either by a bug or a scripted event. I do agree though that the racing missions were a joke. I used Claire's ride and breezed right through them all.

I don't think it's possible to lap anybody. The AI cars continuously respawn behind you so they're always right on your tail. Perhaps they respawned in front of you either by a bug or a scripted event. I do agree though that the racing missions were a joke. I used Claire's ride and breezed right through them all.
I also lapped people in the races. It's definitely possible. Never had trouble with the races myself, by the time I got to them I already had vehicle handling figured out, I did most of them in the Quadra Turbo-R that I got from a side mission.

I liked how they gave me a bunch of map Points of Interest for places I had yet to explore though. It was one of my first times going around outside the city.

I use them just because it's way easier to deal with traffic. It's like that in nearly every game like this. It doesn't matter how fast and badass your car is if other vehicles and pedestrians are always in your way. Motorcycles are basically like turbo walking instead.
The cars in this game are designed to run over people so the police can teleport into your mission and ruin it.
The city is too dense with people for cars.

The cars in this game are designed to run over people so the police can teleport into your mission and ruin it.
The city is too dense with people for cars.
I've driven around for hours in cars and never had issues, and that's just using keyboard controls.

Having 3rd person camera helps, and if you run someone over, it's not like the cops have vehicles, they won't chase.
🤷‍♂️

Reactions: M76
like this
Using only the keyboard to drive is just bad design. But I think the driving physics are fine.

I mean I play iRacing and AC:C and do HPDE events in real life. Pretty sure I know how to drive, but whatever lol. It is like someone above said, the faster and smaller cars either don't turn at all or do like a 45 degree steering wheel spin from barely touching a key. The racing missions were easy, you could ram into walls and barriers and still place first.

Kinda bummed out on the ending I got after reading what the rest were. Guess I'll just go die in Tucson in a few months lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've driven around for hours in cars and never had issues, and that's just using keyboard controls.

Having 3rd person camera helps, and if you run someone over, it's not like the cops have vehicles, they won't chase.
🤷‍♂️
If you're about to stop and the police has been called now I have to drive past the objective and come back to it.
You have to drive like a sane person in the city. No GTA maneuvers on this game.

These are realistic features... that it is near impossible to enjoy on KB&M because your throttle and brakes are either on or off. There us no nuance, no easing in, no half throttle. The closest thing we get is repeatedly tapping a button to try and simulate partial throttle / brake, and it only provides a degree of success. I haven't done any racing for flight sim in a long while, but for any driving mechanic to "feel good", these are a necessity.

I also lapped people in the races. It's definitely possible. Never had trouble with the races myself...

It helps that the enemy AI is scripted to give you a chance. If you slow down or stop, you will notice the cars ahead of you will also slow. close to stop, until you start to catch up. My first race a hit a guard rail and botched things horrifically. Thought I would have to reload a Save, but nope. They just politely waited on me to blow by them again. Started testing this and every time I would screw up or purposely hang back, they would all but stop. I did not push it to see if I could completely fail the race, but I'd be curious what it would take.

Back