Cyberpunk 2077

The class action lawsuit isn't for the customers. It's for the investors. Nevertheless, they were lied to same as the consumers, so yeah, the lawsuit has merit. Still, you're ignoring what I'm saying. Your fixated on the "bad port" part. Of all those bad ports we've gotten, how many times did the developers say "don't worry, it runs well" before hand? Even saying nothing is less damning that flat out lying. That's what your not understanding. I'll even drop a link for you so there is no confusion on my issue: https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpun...nt-gen-consoles-according-to-cd-projekts-ceo/. When your CEO says things like "the game is running surprisingly grea
How many investor talks are you privy to? Because I sure as hell am not privy to any of them. It's a bit of dishonest to quote what they said to investors as "they lied to console gamers"
But you continue to dodge the question and still trying to prove what nobody has denied. What shall we do? C'mon tell me. Because obviously you are pissed that we are not pissed enough on behalf of last gen console gamers.
You mean to tell me that when PC players get a bad port, they aren't vocal about it? Your "kettle, pot, black" schtick works well here. Every time we get a bad release, the PC community will bitch and moan like anyone else. But when console players get lied to and delivered a broken, unplayable experience, they're just supposed to shut up and take it because it happens more to us than it does to them?
Are you really trying to gotcha me by accusing me of something I admitted in the previous paragraph that you quoted? LOL.
Yeah they can cry me a river, they never cared about PC ports, why should PC Gamers care about this beyond acnkowledging that it is bad then?
This isn't about fixing it, it isn't about a solution. It's that the behavior is not acceptable in the first place. It's not OK to just write off the fact that CDPR lied to millions of customers, and it's not fair to tell those people "sucks that you got lied to, but that's your problem, so shut up about it". Literally, the only thing I expect from anyone is a bit of empathy for the people who were wronged. This whole PC vs. console thing is fucking stupid. We're all playing games, we're all driving the industry. Yes, I think you should be disappointed with CDPR, same as the console players are. I maintain the issue is bigger than a bad port. The issue is communication prior to release. The issue is misleading, or lying to your customers. Kinda like how Witcher 3 looked better at E3 than it did before launch, and people were pissed about the downgrade. Except, we knew about that because we saw those downgrades in updated trailers prior to release. What if CDPR had showed their doctored, E3 version of the game, all the time, every time, right up until release and promised gamers that's exactly how it looked, only find that was a straight lie when you fired the game up for the first time? Would you be mad? Would you be vocal about it? Because that is why console players are mad. That is why they are vocal. Just because it didn't happen to you this time, doesn't mean it hasn't happened before, and doesn't mean it won't happen again. Instead of being at odds, and thinking "at least the console peasants got their dues this time", how about acknowledging that it's not OK regardless of who it's happening to. Seriously, tell me, what do you lose by being supportive of those that were wronged? How does it negatively impact you to acknowledge that CDPR did wrong by millions of customers?
As I've mentioned you are pissed off because we aren't pissed off enough. You act as if this is the first time a game was advertised as something it isn't. There were much bigger lies than "runs surprisingly well".
And, again with the strawman argument, will you give it a rest already? Wo is it that does not acknowledge that the vanilla ps4 / xbone version is messed up?
Do I need to quote myself for you? No company says that, which is why I said I don't expect that CDPR should have said that. Obviously that's unreasonable, I made that clear. I even said I think you know I don't mean that (although I guess I was wrong there). I have answered your question regarding what I think should happen.
So your answer is that we aren't mad enough, we need to be more vocal on behalf on poor console gamers? Yeah, I'm not going to fight their fight, they never cared about PC ports, and suddenly when they have the short stick we are all friends here? No, that's not how it works.

I think everyone should be supportive of the people who were lied to instead of saying "it's not happening to me so it's not my problem" and that they need to shut up and get over it. We're all here because we like to play games, and we all want those games to be good. At the very least, we want them delivered as promised. If companies aren't held responsible for misleading their customers, it will keep happening. And as you clearly understand, most of the time, it happens to US. Literally all I'm asking of you is to not be OK with a company lying to it's customers to drive pre-orders and delivery a broken ass, unfinished game. The damage has been done, they cannot take it back, they cannot fix it. That doesn't mean consumers cannot send a clear message that it's unacceptable and can't happen again.
You are twisting words again. We are not saying "it' not happening to me it's not my problem" we are saying "This is what we have been dealing with for the past 25 years, welcome to the club"

Yes, I do think it would be better if they didn't get the game at all, because then they would still have their money.
Well I don't think that for a moment. I'm glad I've got the game, despite encountering serious glitches with it.

Also, CDPR's refund campaign is not the knight in shining armor you think it is. For digital purchases, they told people to go fight it out with MS and Sony (which seems to have been smoothed out now, but was a rocky and probably very frustrating thing to pursue early on). For physical copies, they told people to go back to their place of purchase. But we know very well that B&M retailers do not give refunds on open video games. Not not, now ever. It's against their policy and they are usually unwaveringly firm on that policy. Maybe after a few weeks and a lot of backlash they've let up on that, but I honestly don't know, and I wouldn't be surprised to here that many B&M stores are still not taking the game back. And CDPR's refund help campaign ended December 21st. How convenient that their gracious assistance to gamers ends 4 days before probably hundreds of thousands of copies get pulled out from under a Christmas tree. All those copies with no receipt, no options with B&M's, and CDPR's assistance conveniently over. CDPR did what they had to do to save face while still finding a way to one again stick it to the people they've already fucked over. So no, there are a lot of people with a copy of the game who did not get their option of a refund.
B&M stores only refuse refunds on PC games, not on console games last I checked this was about consoles. But sure let's make someone tossing their receipt cdpr's fault as well.
For the sake of completeness, I'll say this one more time just so there is no mistaking it... My issue is not with the state of the game, it's with the way CDPR communicated to players. If you want to continue to discuss that, great. If you want to continue to have a conversation about a bad port, don't bother, because I'm not going to acknowledge it. I can only say so many times that isn't what I'm bothered by.
In other words, "I don't care what you have to say" Nice. Then why the hell should I waste my time on your wall of text, you should've started with this and I could've just ignored you altogether.

Last edited:
I finished the main story last night during my first and initial playthrough. I used the corpo playthrough and I largely went for a broad Deus Ex type experience and got it. Overall I am pretty impressed with the storytelling. A few thoughts:

The secret ending is super picky to get and I apparently missed the boat on that just because of some super-specific dialog choices that needed to be made in "Chippin' In."

I felt like I had a good balance with Johnny that wasn't "butt kissing" but we became friends. I did all the personal sidequests, Rogue date, everything and it just wasn't good enough. Oh well. Maybe CDPR will consider a patch to make that "slightly" more forgiving but no biggie.

I actually was pleasantly pleased to see I had played the game well enough with the secondary characters and supporting cast just by "making good choices" that all that worked out.

I didn't realize Takemura could be saved either so these are two things I will take into account for any replays. I do have multiple saves but nothing that far back.

Out of all the endings, I would say the "go with Johnny and Rogue" and then have Johnny go into cyberspace forever with Alt made the most sense to me out of what was available overall. The ending with V headed towards the space station is suggestive for any number of future adventures. Mr. Blue Eyes is intriguing.

What is the secret ending you refer to? None of the endings seemed particularly secret to me.

I hated johnny so much that I've rushed through all of his sequences and conversations, I just couldn't stand him whine and moan and act all pompous. And I don't for a moment buy that he was a changed man at the end. He was the same asshole and I'd have wanted nothing to do with him.

As for the space station ending I Thought V just dies there as the suit depressurises, at least that's how I understood that ending.

And I hate the game for not letting me put a bullet in dexter's skull myself, and then not letting V be saved in any of the endings. But ofc the asswipe johnny gets two happy endings. F that noise.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
How many investor talks are you privy to? Because I sure as hell am not privy to any of them. It's a bit of dishonest to quote what they said to investors as "they lied to console gamers"
But you continue to dodge the question and still trying to prove what nobody has denied. What shall we do? C'mon tell me. Because obviously you are pissed that we are not pissed enough on behalf of last gen console gamers.
Its a public earnings call. I linked you an article about it. There were a lot of articles about it. They lied on their earnings call, that lie was published many times over. It doesn't matter if it was an earnings call or a tweet, what matters is it was public information and it wasn't true. And I've answered your question several times over, you just don't seem to hear it. I'm not calling for action. I'm not asking you to boycott CDPR,. I'm not asking you go burn down their offices. No action is required. That doesn't make it OK. The logic cannot be "well, we can't fix it, so I guess it's not an issue". Also, I think its a pretty poor opinion to just shrug it off and say the console people are getting what they deserve because they've had it better than us. It absolutely doesn't resonate with me that when PC gets shitty ports, it's OK to get mad, but if consoles get a bad port, they should just shut up and deal with it.

Are you really trying to gotcha me by accusing me of something I admitted in the previous paragraph that you quoted? LOL.
Yeah they can cry me a river, they never cared about PC ports, why should PC Gamers care about this then?
I don't even follow now. I'm not trying to gotcha anything. You quoted me as if I expected CDPR to admit the game was bad. I made it clear (twice now) that wasn't what I meant.

Also, I think your misunderstanding really everything I'm saying. This whole PC versus consoles shit is dumb. It's dumb with CP2077, and it's dumb with every other game. Why does it matter so much who's playing where? You're the one whos made this about PC versus console, not me. You're the one with the mentality that you have no sympathy because its not an issue on your platform of choice. My issue has nothing to do with platform, it only happens to be that the older consoles are the affected ones in this case. If the consoles were fine and PC got the shit port, I'd have the same opinion (only you'd probably not be fighting me because in that scenario you're the one inconvenienced). My issue is that publishers and developers have a nasty habit of misrepresenting their product to drive pre-orders. CP2077 is just the latest, and one of the most egregious examples of it. I'm not going to be sending the message that it's fine because it didn't happen to me, especially when you and I both know that more often than not, PC is the least profitable platform, and thus the most likely to get shafted if one platform is going to be ignored in favor of another.

As I've mentioned you are pissed off because we aren't pissed off enough. You act as if this is the first time a game was advertised as something it isn't. There were much bigger lies than "runs surprisingly well".
And, again with the strawman argument, will you give it a rest already? Wo is it that does not acknowledge that the vanilla ps4 / xbone version is messed up?
I never said anyone is denying it's messed up. I just think its stupid to pretend it doesn't matter because your glorious PC copy runs fine, or to say that console players don't have a right to be upset because they normally get the preferential treatment.
Where did you answer that question?
I said multiple times I'm not calling for action. A lack of a solution does not mean a lack of a problem.

"I'm not proposing anything, I'm only saying that it's not ok to excuse CDPRs behavior because the platform we happen to be playing on is fine"
"This isn't about fixing it, it isn't about a solution. It's that the behavior is not acceptable in the first place. "

You are twisting words again. We are not saying "it' not happening to me it's not my problem" we are saying "This is what we have been dealing with for the past 25 years, welcome to the club"
We've been dealing with bad ports for years. We both know that. Give me an example of a game where there was skepticism that PC would get a good port, and the developer, in no uncertain terms, said the PC port was good, only to have it turn out to be shit on launch day. I've said multiple times the issue is not the port, it's the way that port was talked about to the public. Why are you not hearing that?

Well I don't think that for a moment. I'm glad I've got the game, despite encountering serious glitches with it.
I assume because you are playing on PC. You know... the platform the game works on. Fuck the millions of people who's game doesn't work though, as long as ours does, am I right?!

If I dropped $60 on the console version, got a game that didn't work, and got told "sit tight, we'll try and fix it by spring", i'd be pretty pissed. I also would have a hard time believe the game will be fixed by spring when I was already told it would be fine at launch. Also, Nothing says they couldn't have delayed the consoles and still launched or PC. Or really, they should have just shit canned the previous gen consoles years ago... surely they've know for a long time those platforms aren't suitable for this game. But someone decided it's better to just release a janky, broke ass version and make a few more bucks. That's not a mentality I'm going to support, regardless of who's platform it's happening to.
B&M stores only refuse refunds on PC games, not on console games last I checked this was about consoles. But sure let's make someone tossing their receipt cdpr's fault as well.
They sure as hell do refuse refunds on console games. Just yesterday I tried to return an open Switch game to Best Buy the same day I bought it cause the wife hated it. They told me to fuck off. I could only exchange it for another copy if it was defective or get a refund if it was sealed.

https://gamingshift.com/return-video-games-retail-stores/#:~:text=According to updated Walmart policies,copy of the same title.

Gamestop: For used games, GameStop has a 7- day full refund or replacement policy where you can either get a refund or identical exchange. -- This is the only one that surprised me, gamestop isn't well known for their customer service. I guess the folks who bought there got lucky.
Wal-Mart: It must be unopened if you expect to get a refund, opened games will only be exchanged with another copy of the same title.
Best Buy: First off, you can’t return any opened copies of video games for a money refund. Instead, you’ll be offered an identical item in exchange.
Target: Like most other retailers, Target will offer you a full refund on unopened games while opened games can only be exchanged for an identical item.
Amazon (not B&M, but whatever): Within 30 days of purchase, you can return video games to Amazon for a full refund (provided they are unopened). -- They may now allow returns on open software, so i'll call this one a maybe.
Costco: When it comes to returns, nothing beats Costco’s policy. You can basically buy a game, play it, claim you’re not satisfied and ask for a refund. And you’ll be refunded! -- Not surprised by this, Costo's return policy is extremely lenient. I'm sure those millions of people who bought their copy at Costco are thrilled :rolleyes:
Meijer: In the case of opened video games, you won’t be issued a monetary refund. Instead, another copy of the exact same game will be presented to you.
Argos (whatever that is...): But they only refund your money if the video game is in perfect condition- i.e., new and sealed.

I don't know what your experience with this is, but you're either making things up or you've gotten very, very lucky in the past. As a general rule, if it's any kind of digital entertainment, and it's open, you aren't getting your money back. Also, I said nothing about a receipt, let's be reasonable here. I'm blaming CDPR for telling people to go back to the retailer knowing damn well retailers don't take back open games. Maybe they're making exceptions, but that's not really CDPR's position to claim. I'm sure it comes down to a case by case basis, and i'd bet a whole ton of people had no luck in this endeavor.

In other words, "I don't care what you have to say" Nice. Then why the hell should I waste my time on your wall of text, you should've started with this and I could've just ignored you altogether.
Wrong, but good job putting words in my mouth. How is this not clear to you? I keep saying I don't care about the fact that the port was bad, and you keep fighting with me about a bad port. It's pointless, it's not the issue that started all of this. Which is why I also reiterate my issue was with CDPR's methods of communication, and invited you to continue to discuss that with me if you were so inclined. I'm just tired of saying over and over again that it's not about the quality of the port.

Last edited:
What is the secret ending you refer to? None of the endings seemed particularly secret to me.

I hated johnny so much that I've rushed through all of his sequences and conversations, I just couldn't stand him whine and moan and act all pompous. And I don't for a moment buy that he was a changed man at the end. He was the same asshole and I'd have wanted nothing to do with him.

As for the space station ending I Thought V just dies there as the suit depressurises, at least that's how I understood that ending.

And I hate the game for not letting me put a bullet in dexter's skull myself, and then not letting V be saved in any of the endings. But ofc the asswipe johnny gets two happy endings. F that noise.

Secret ending: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/cyberpunk-2077-how-to-unlock-the-secret-ending/

Johnny... sort of grew on me at times but never became really likable. I wasn't sure how different he was at the end except he no longer wanted to kill V and maybe a few other lines of dialog.

Definitely agreed about Dexter. You might be right about the space station ending. Not sure what comes next. Since they take you back to your "last save before the end" I'm guessing any further context will all be pre "end game."

Finished main story yesterday, with some sidequests took about 49 hours.
Tried to avoid all spoilers, guides, and game reloads to change choices. This is the way to do it.
Totally got the dark, sad Neuromancer experience.

Kind of reminded me of Vampire: The Masquerade in many ways. Amazing atmosphere, great narrative, weird combat and horribly buggy :)

Cant wait to play through again in a year or so with more polish and hopefully some dlc.

My nomad rode off into the dust storm with a certain lady. I finished at 80 hours.
Was level 43 by the end and nothing could stand against me on normal. Had a few places I avoided around level 30 but otherwise things were never difficult.
In normal at least there is no high end content. Almost every quest/police marker is very low difficulty at 43. I walk in and slaughter the guys in seconds.
Last part of the game was very buggy for me. Had to reload about a dozen times because I could not change selection in end conversation and enemies required to be killed got stuck in terrain.
Crafting needs some major work. More recipes, more items, more mods, etc. Apartment is fairly worthless, no real decorations, I think I used the computer twice.
Some of the perks are worthless, example anything water related. I crafted hundreds of items, deconstructed hundreds, crafted about a dozen legendary items.
Yet that skill was about level 12 when I ended the game. There are perks that require it to be 20.
So many areas in the game feel unfinished.
This game left me disappointed in so many things.

And yet I want more. More combat, more story, more everything. And I want to be able to drive around in one of those scooters that are just set pieces!
Was planning on waiting to play more but I started a corpo lady today.

I'd rate the game at an 85% as is, once DLC hits and they fix things it should become much better.

After the 1.06 update I loaded up the game and I was getting shredded by even weak sauce enemies. I was like "Oh shit, they did something to the balancing", but when I went into my inventory my character was naked as the day he was born lol.. Had to re-equip everything.

Fun fact:
I've started a new playthrough and now I'm actually getting side missions after the "heist". On my first game none of the fixers contacted me, and I didn't get 90% of the side missions. Only the character related missions opened up and even those only at the point of no return.

On my second playthrough I started yesterday: I am in no hurry to go to Dexter. I'm just going to enjoy things as they are and see what I can get in to and how far I can go with it. I am going to be taking a much more leisurely approach and especially with the lessons I learned from my first playthrough.

On my second playthrough I started yesterday: I am in no hurry to go to Dexter. I'm just going to enjoy things as they are and see what I can get in to and how far I can go with it. I am going to be taking a much more leisurely approach and especially with the lessons I learned from my first playthrough.
I've been doing the same thing. Been able to collect close to 100k ed before the heist by just doing gigs for regina and datamining acces points.

I'm still plugging away at side missions. I enjoy doing the random quests that pop up in my way when wandering. Now that I have stronger quickhacks, I haven't actually fired a shot in a long time. With a gold OS I can usually fire off 3 quickhack attacks in a row to kill just about anything. When they die I get some RAM back, so I can repeat. I have a 1,000+ damage knife just in case, too. The game is a lot of fun. The quests don't feel as curated as with the Witcher, but they're not as cut+paste as with Bethesda.
Since I have another long weekend I'll probably try to push forward and complete more of the main quests. I've done some (Panam and River), but only a few. I couldn't care less about all the vehicles. Like in just about every game, a motorcycle is way better for getting around in traffic anyway. Speed doesn't matter in 75% of areas.

As a completionist but also playing through the game blind, the Iconic weapon situation is really bugging me. Had I known that I had to be very particular about my dialog options or that I wouldn't be able to return to a specific area after the mission ended or i'd never get a specific Iconic, I would have been reading walkthroughs before every single mission.

A couple there are glitches to get back into the area but for some, the weapons just aren't there anymore and you're SoL.

I'm 6 away from fully filling out the walls in V's apartment dammit!

As a completionist but also playing through the game blind, the Iconic weapon situation is really bugging me. Had I known that I had to be very particular about my dialog options or that I wouldn't be able to return to a specific area after the mission ended or i'd never get a specific Iconic, I would have been reading walkthroughs before every single mission.

A couple there are glitches to get back into the area but for some, the weapons just aren't there anymore and you're SoL.

I'm 6 away from fully filling out the walls in V's apartment dammit!
Filling out walls?

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Haha I really was a lamer about that and tended to walk around with a lot more than I should have gear wise.

Oh i did too until i really settled on a standard loadout that I enjoyed. Being a full NetRunner build, I hardly use my guns anyway.

It is super weird that it doesn't just show up their superficially if you'd at least acquired the gun, instead you literally have to not want to use it and put it in the stash. Strange system.

Oh i did too until i really settled on a standard loadout that I enjoyed. Being a full NetRunner build, I hardly use my guns anyway.

It is super weird that it doesn't just show up their superficially if you'd at least acquired the gun, instead you literally have to not want to use it and put it in the stash. Strange system.

Yup. I think I "assumed" in the back of my mind that's how it worked and really didn't give it much of a second thought. I was too busy out and about. I did get the cat, though. :)

Fun fact:
I've started a new playthrough and now I'm actually getting side missions after the "heist". On my first game none of the fixers contacted me, and I didn't get 90% of the side missions. Only the character related missions opened up and even those only at the point of no return.
For me the fixers only contacted me when I went into their "turf" for the first time.

Yes, the walls in the stash room in V's apartment. If you put Iconic weapons in the stash (some need to be at least Epic to work), most of them have a spot on the actual wall.

Ah, that explains why some of them weren't showing up. I wondered why that was, because I knew what the wall was for.

So I ran into the woman from the 2012 Trailer in-game. If you recall, she was a Cyberpsycho, but at the end of the Trailer she had become a MaxTac agent. There is a whole story there apparently.

One of the Cyberpsycho Side missions takes you to Jinguji: one of the high end clothing shops in Central City. While there it is attacked and you must defend it. After doing so, Maxtac arrives and questions you and the Vendor. Afterwards you can talk to the MaxTac leader. She seems a bit off when you talk to her, but if you keep your cool and go through all her dialogue you find out her back story later. She was "reprogrammed" by Militech using software similar to Johnny's Engram. Not sure if you have further run-ins with her yet, but I thought it was a cool add to the game.

--

The HDR in this game isn't perfect, but dayum if it isn't 10x better than SDR. Been having fun with Photo Mode:

Roller-Coaster.jpg

Soft-Rock.jpg

Corpo Suit really needs a decent hat option. I look like a Christmas dork in this shot. :LOL:

Nightlife.jpg

Ferriswheel.jpg

Negligent-Discharge.jpg

Last edited:
At least for me, the fixers have been contacting me as I've been driving around in their areas. After that, they'll continue to reach out every time I walk near a point of interest in their area. There is literally a mission on every block in the heavily populated areas.

So I ran into the woman from the 2012 Trailer in-game. If you recall, she was a Cyberpsycho, but at the end of the Trailer she had become a MaxTac agent. There is a whole story there apparently.

One of the Cyberpsycho Side missions takes you to Jinguji: one of the high end clothing shops in Central City. While there it is attacked and you must defend it. After doing so, Maxtac arrives and questions you and the Vendor. Afterwards you can talk to the MaxTac leader. She seems a bit off when you talk to her, but if you keep your cool and go through all her dialogue you find out her back story later. She was "reprogrammed" by Militech using software similar to Johnny's Engram. Not sure if you have further run-ins with her yet, but I thought it was a cool add to the game.

--

The HDR in this game isn't perfect, but dayum if it isn't 10x better than SDR. Been having fun with Photo Mode:

View attachment 313831

View attachment 313832
Corpo Suit really needs a decent hat option. I look like a Christmas dork in this shot. :LOL:

View attachment 313833
View attachment 313834

View attachment 313835

100% agree on HDR in this game. I know it raises black levels and color tones in general, but to my eyes HDR looks so much better than SDR.

At least for me, the fixers have been contacting me as I've been driving around in their areas. After that, they'll continue to reach out every time I walk near a point of interest in their area. There is literally a mission on every block in the heavily populated areas.
Yeah, this is how it is for me as well. It's also what I spend most of my time doing.

Yeah, this is how it is for me as well. It's also what I spend most of my time doing.

While some of them don't really lead to much, some drop crazy spec'd items with no level limits. Not just the supposedly difficult missions, either. I'm at level 25 and most knives and swords I find fall in the 400-600 DPS range. Yet I randomly found a blue knife that does 1070 DPS. It was on some normal 'ol enemy, too. Ditto with pieces of clothing. I've had jumps from 100 armor to 250, and that's with no armadillo and open mod slots. The level 28-30 items don't even stack up to a lot of the stuff random gang members are carrying on occasion.

While some of them don't really lead to much, some drop crazy spec'd items with no level limits. Not just the supposedly difficult missions, either. I'm at level 25 and most knives and swords I find fall in the 400-600 DPS range. Yet I randomly found a blue knife that does 1070 DPS. It was on some normal 'ol enemy, too. Ditto with pieces of clothing. I've had jumps from 100 armor to 250, and that's with no armadillo and open mod slots. The level 28-30 items don't even stack up to a lot of the stuff random gang members are carrying on occasion.
Yeah I’ve noticed the same, it makes doing the side quests worthwhile

For me the fixers only contacted me when I went into their "turf" for the first time.
Yeah, that's how it is supposed to work, but on my first playthrough they never contacted me. Except for the first area.

Just ran into my first major bug. Luckily it's in a fairly minor side quest. In "Small Man, Big Mouth" the game won't let me pick up the goods. I've tried every angle, remapping the buttons, etc. and nada. You have to clear out a bunch of super high level bad guys and then open a van and take the goods. After I open the van, I can't do shit.

Just ran into my first major bug. Luckily it's in a fairly minor side quest. In "Small Man, Big Mouth" the game won't let me pick up the goods. I've tried every angle, remapping the buttons, etc. and nada. You have to clear out a bunch of super high level bad guys and then open a van and take the goods. After I open the van, I can't do shit.
They definitely need to fix issues with picking items up. Frustrating as hell when a blue or purple clips through the ground and zero way to pick it up.

I was looking for a legendary hat of some sort and was very disappointed in what was out there. Hats are the worst but they need more recipes/items that look good and are useful.
I used a Samurai cap you can buy from a vendor for most of the game. It was blue and only had one slot but it looked good!

I mostly dumped my points into Technical Ability and now that I can remove mods from equipment I
I was looking for a legendary hat of some sort and was very disappointed in what was out there. Hats are the worst but they need more recipes/items that look good and are useful.
Are there any legendary clothing recipes? I haven't came across one yet.

I mostly dumped my points into Technical Ability and now that I can remove mods from equipment I

Yeah you can buy them from some of the clothing vendors.

I wish that were true, but it only lets you recover mods from stuff that you disassemble. If you want to overwrite or just remove a mod, no dice.

Yes, however you'll have to put 18 points into Crafting before you can unlock the perk Edgerunner Artisan, which allows you to craft Legendary items. At that point you will get a handfull with the perk, plus start seeing them at Vendors & in Loot boxes. Any Iconics you have will automatically give you blueprints as you unlock your Crafting tree.

You can craft nearly any weapon as a Legendary, but unfortunately there is not a lot of Legendary Clothing blueprints yet. Hopefully they will come, but that aspect feels like one of the "unfinished" areas of CP2077.

I wish that were true, but it only lets you recover mods from stuff that you disassemble. If you want to overwrite or just remove a mod, no dice.
I overwrite mods all the time. You just click on the mod you want to overwrite and then click the new one. It destroys the previous one, but it's great for when you get new gear with shitty mods already installed.

And having to disassemble something to get the mods back isn't that big of a deal, at least not yet, when I can just craft a new item back anyway.

I overwrite mods all the time. You just click on the mod you want to overwrite and then click the new one. It destroys the previous one, but it's great for when you get new gear with shitty mods already installed.

And having to disassemble something to get the mods back isn't that big of a deal, at least not yet, when I can just craft a new item back anyway.
Yeah, you are correct, what I meant by "overwrite" was replace one with another while getting the old one back. I guess I should have said "replace"?

It becomes a problem if you have a max-slot Legendary item and you want to swap out a mod rather than destroy it.

Yeah, you are correct, what I meant by "overwrite" was replace one with another while getting the old one back. I guess I should have said "replace"?

It becomes a problem if you have a max-slot Legendary item and you want to swap out a mod rather than destroy it.

For some reason the Perk in the Crafting tree that returns the mod to your inventory when replaced, only seems to work on Weapons. I noticed none of my Armadillo mods coming back when I replaced them with higher level versions. There are so many bugged Perks at the moment however, who can say if that is as designed or not.

--

With 160+ hours in I am finally starting the Point of no return mission. Obviously I did not rush through. In fact there were times I just road out into the wasteland to see what I might find. I have a few blue missions left on the map, but I was getting eager to wrap up my first run. Here is my build going in:

V Cyberware.png

Mostly Netrunner, high Crit non-lethal build. Haven't used a weapon in probably 50 hrs or gameplay. That will be for my second run.

V Skills.png

Went all in on Crafting. Was fairly disappointed unfortunately. A lot of perks are bugged, and the amount of Legendary recipes (clothing specifically) in the game at launch was a let down for me. The potential is certainly there, but needs more Dev time imo.

V.png

The Corpo Suit was the first Legendary set I found, so I stuck with it. I have a ton of others now, but I was hoping to Craft my own. There are perks in the Skill tree that give extra Armor for Clothes, and Damage for weapons that are Crafted. Unfortunately, there are next to no Iconic clothing, and precious few Legendary recipes. I know this will change in time, so for now its fine. It is not like the game is balanced enough to not become a complete cakewalk by the end at the moment anyway. In time I'm sure this will get fleshed out more.

Planning to stick with Panam and complete my Nomad playthrough as pure as possible. More once I finish.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the GitHub CyberEngineTweaks utility? I'm not interested in the cheats (although a teleport could be useful for getting out of the one-way areas while exploring), but my 1080ti could probably use some of the other features...

(edit to remove random bold text)

Last edited:
Back