Cyberpunk 2077

Just finished it. I did kind of rush through it and set the difficulty on easy though.

After Christmas, I plan on another play through this game playing a different role, either Nomad or Street Kid the 2nd time around. And of course, ramp up the difficulty and try a different style of play too.

There are 5 different endings with one being secret. I want to try and get the secret ending.

38.2 hours for my first play through.

Not sure how cherry picked this is, but it's not a good look compared to a game as old as GTA V:

To be fair, GTA V has incredible attention to details. Compare it to latest versions of other sand box type games (like Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Wild Lands) and they will also come up short. Not making excuses for Cyberpunk because I would obviously prefer for it to be as detailed as GTA V, but there aren't really any other games like it except for perhaps RDR 2.

It's fair to compare the two, but I don't think any other open world games have came close to Rockstar in terms of attention to detail with regards to realistic physics and interactivity with the environment, but they have 20+ years under their belt in that area. CDPR has maybe 3-4 solid years of work on modern open world cities, I would expect they get better in the future. The difference is stark that's for sure. Can't wait to see what Rockstar does with GTAVI.

Last edited:
It's fair to compare the two, but I don't think any other open world games have came close to Rockstar in terms of attention to detail with regards to realistic physics and interactivity with the environment, but they have 20+ years under their belt in that area. CDPR has maybe 3-4 solid years of work on modern open world cities, I would expect they get better in the future. The difference is stark that's for sure. Can't wait to see what they do with GTAVI.

Came here to basically say this. GTA 3 came out in 2001... Rockstar has spent two decades perfecting open world cities, pedestrian interaction, driving, shooting, etc, etc. With CP2077, basically everything beyond the base RPG mechanics is foreign to CDPR. Much of Rockstars attention to detail comes from just how long they've been learning how to make GTA as good as it can be, I wouldn't expect CDPR to have all the same considerations in this sort of environment. I'd also say this is a pretty biased comparison. Sure, both games have similarities, but they have a ton of differences too. It's not fair to compare the areas where CP2077 falls short of GTA V without acknowledging all the things it does better, or that GTA doesn't do at all. GTA V isn't an RPG. It doesn't have dialog choices, branching story, multiple endings, bountiful side quests, relationships, skill trees, hacking, crafting, extensive inventories/loot, character customization... I could go on and on. My point is, CDPR had to get a lot of things right that don't exist in GTA, things that I'm sure we can all agree are a lot more important than how a vehicle reacts to getting hit by a baseball bat, or running over fat people, or landing in a lake. It's unfair to say that just because GTA V got certain open world city game mechanics right, every other game with a remotely comparable setting also has to have those same things. For all their similarities, these games have even more differences, and vastly different priorities.

There are plenty of things going on right now in the world of CP2077 that aren't a good look... I don't consider the video posted above one of them.

I'm 31 hours in and I still haven't encountered any bugs that break quests or anything along those lines. There's something to be said for that. I still encounter physics bug every few minutes, but (luckily) that doesn't seem to affect anything. Hell, most of the time you can just turn around and everything that isn't a designated enemy or piece of loot disappears anyway. Whatever collision detection they used in this game is the single biggest culprit for bugs.

I'm 31 hours in and I still haven't encountered any bugs that break quests or anything along those lines. There's something to be said for that. I still encounter physics bug every few minutes, but (luckily) that doesn't seem to affect anything. Hell, most of the time you can just turn around and everything that isn't a designated enemy or piece of loot disappears anyway. Whatever collision detection they used in this game is the single biggest culprit for bugs.
Pretty much the same story here. I have had one progress related bug, one of the side missions, where I couldn't destroy something I was supposed to. Loading the autosave at the missions start fixed it... I lost about 5 minutes of time. Not going to complain about that. Otherwise, it's been minor silly physics bugs.

I'm still not defending CDPR, though. PC players got lucky. The consoles, especially the older ones, are a total shit show. They did wrong by nearly half their customers. I trust they'll get it running well eventually, but the game really should not have been allowed to release in the state it did.

I am about 16 hours and having a blast! I really do feel bad for the consoles users. They really got fucked over from CDPR, and this game should of never been released for them IMO.

I havent had any major bugs etc. Now, I have ran into issues with bugs etc, but no more than when I played Skyrim or Fallout 3/4 at released. I will say though I do think this game could of used more polish, but man I am really digging this story to this game.

Last night I handed my buddy the controller and was like "Here ya go, open-world GTA - in the future!"

Within less than 10 mins, he had dead bodies suspended in mid-air and all kinds of other glitchy behavior I'd never encountered....

I guess it really depends on how you play the game lol

I don't feel bad for console players at all, consoles have been fucking over pc gaming for so long it makes me happy to see this happen, they got exactly what they deserve.

Edit: If I complained about how the game played on an 8 year old PC with middle of the road parts, I would rightfully be told it isn't the game's fault I have shit hardware.

Anyone been in that building with the High Priestess Tarot card? I explored the entire thing and it seems like a whole lot of cut content, found a legendary implant in there. Seems like there is supposed to be more some scav missions that was probably graphic and was cut, there are still sound effects playing in the place, sounds like people getting implants ripped out lol

I also found a smaller place similar to this a few days ago but didn't think anything of it, I think it was in Japantown or Kabuki. Now I really want to go explore for cut content.

The game has now sold 13 million copies in less than two weeks, even taking refunds into consideration.

PpNSCto.gif(source)

This has surpassed predictions from some analysts, it's pretty impressive considering there's a chunk of people waiting for videocard and console supply to stabilize before picking it up.

There a vocal minority complaining about this game - but by in large most people are enjoying the heck out of it. The numbers reflect that. But it’s the same in that sense of any popular title.

Edit: I’m personally having a blast and I’m still in the prolog. I did so many rerolls I’ve spent a lot of hours just in the beggining portion of the game. I expect it will only get better.

Last edited:
Anyone been in that building with the High Priestess Tarot card? I explored the entire thing and it seems like a whole lot of cut content, found a legendary implant in there. Seems like there is supposed to be more some scav missions that was probably graphic and was cut, there are still sound effects playing in the place, sounds like people getting implants ripped out lol

I also found a smaller place similar to this a few days ago but didn't think anything of it, I think it was in Japantown or Kabuki. Now I really want to go explore for cut content.
There is a main story mission in that building eventually.

The vast majority of complaints are from console players - and they are 100% right to be upset about it.

Absolutely. CDPR has traditionally been a PC centric Developer, but they chose to release not only on Console, but on current and prior gen Consoles. Statistically, this is the bulk of their customer base. Those customers paid the same price as us, and they deserve a playable experience relative to their console specs. This isn't a "vocal minority", there are far more of them, then there are of us. They have the option to get a refund, or to upgrade when they eventually get a newer Console, but right now their games are largely unplayable. That isn't right.

We all guessed the Studio heads choose this path to cover the costs of 7+ years of development, and I don't think anyone doubts CDPR will eventually 'make it right'... but let's face it, the experience on prior gen consoles is never going to be 'right'. It was a mistake that they will pay for no doubt, and as much as I love CDPR, they deserve too. It was a bad call and a greedy decision; hopefully one they learn from in the future. I still think they are more prosumer than any other company in this Industry, including Valve (second place imo) and I want to see them continue to blow us away with each new game. Here's hoping they can repair their reputation, and do right by their fanbase.

Video to watch if you want to maximize your framerate while minimizing hits to visual quality.

Good info but I absolutely despise the trend to move these pieces to video - total waste of my time. These recommendations could have been shared in a few thousand words of text and a few screen caps.

Absolutely. CDPR has traditionally been a PC centric Developer, but they chose to release not only on Console, but on current and prior gen Consoles. Statistically, this is the bulk of their customer base. Those customers paid the same price as us, and they deserve a playable experience relative to their console specs. This isn't a "vocal minority", there are far more of them, then there are of us. They have the option to get a refund, or to upgrade when they eventually get a newer Console, but right now their games are largely unplayable. That isn't right.
I'm pretty sure the majority of sales were on PC and not last gen consoles. Until you can back that up with numbers, I have to press extra doubt on this one.

Frraksurred

IGN said in this YouTube video that 41% of the pre-sales were console. That leaves 59% to be PC pre-sales. Console sales are minority.

There is a main story mission in that building eventually.
Oh ok, is that the one where you have the option to save Takemura? I've played through the game once already, am about 50 hours into my 2nd playthrough.

Good info but I absolutely despise the trend to move these pieces to video - total waste of my time. These recommendations could have been shared in a few thousand words of text and a few screen caps.

The good thing about DF's videos is that they do just that in the description and they have bookmarks in the video where they break things down as a slide. Saves a lot of time.
I have a system very similar to their test setup and his settings work well. I'm a little surprised they don't get into how much steam/fog/smoke affects things. They recommend lowering those settings, but at least if I don't - things chug a lot.

Frraksurred

IGN said in this YouTube video that 41% of the pre-sales were console. That leaves 59% to be PC pre-sales. Console sales are minority.

I'm pretty sure the majority of sales were on PC and not last gen consoles. Until you can back that up with numbers, I have to press extra doubt on this one.

Alright gentlemen, I was wrong. Historically Console sales are higher than PC, so I assumed.

Not sure this makes the money they spent any less valid. Unless we're saying that being a minority makes you deserving of less. I bought on PC because I wanted the best experience, but I have cousins & nephews that bought for PS4 because that is what they had. How does being the minority make them any less deserving of the experience CDPR's own marketing said they would have? Just seems like a pointless argument to me.

Those were pre-sales market share, they sold a net 5 millions copy since those figure were out, considering the PS4 controversy and removal on the store, maybe those percentage moved a bit.

How does being the minority make them any less deserving of the experience CDPR's own marketing said they would have? Just seems like a pointless argument to me.
This, once marketing and the company say the games run well it is completely different. And 40% of a games that sales over 10 millions copies right of the bat would still be a really big market.

If we take the big sports game, they are either not being released on PC or have the PS4 version of them instead of the next gen being released on PC for the most part, that normal because it is a minority and one that bring a lot of problem relative to the sales to them historically, if marketing and trailer would have showed otherwise and people would have bought them on PC, than it become an issue.

Alright gentlemen, I was wrong. Historically Console sales are higher than PC, so I assumed.

Not sure this makes the money they spent any less valid. Unless we're saying that being a minority makes you deserving of less. I bought on PC because I wanted the best experience, but I have cousins & nephews that bought for PS4 because that is what they had. How does being the minority make them any less deserving of the experience CDPR's own marketing said they would have? Just seems like a pointless argument to me.

Agree 100%. What platform is the majority isn't relevant. It doesn't change the argument. Stop splitting hairs to avoid acknowledging the problem.

We know there was 8 million pre-orders, 3.3m, or 41% on console. We know a week after launch, sales reached 13m. Assuming the same sales split, that's 5.3m console copies. 5.3 million players with a broken copy. It's estimated that 4m next gen consoles have been sold. Even if half of all those customers bought cp2077, that leaves 3.3m players on last gen with a completely unplayable version of the game.

3.3 million unplayable copies. 3.3m customers who were mislead to believe the game ran "surprisingly well" on their platform when it does not. That is straight up not ok. It doesn't matter if there are more pc players with working copies. Cdpr fucked up, and they fucked up huge. There is no defending it.

Well this game's a juggernaut on PC and will remain so. My entire steam friend list every day "Cyberpunk". Every build or upgrade I'm doing for a friend wants it for Cyberpunk. Every person in line at Microcenter is yapping about Cyberpunk as they pray for a stock drop. Selling various surplus rig parts locally, and everyone that shows up at the door, I say "lemme guess, Cyberpunk" and they nod.

Bummer for the console dudes, but on PC I dont remember a release like this in my lifetime.

Last edited:
Battlefield 4 drove a billion dollar PC upgrade surge. This seems like a few times larger than that

Agree 100%. What platform is the majority isn't relevant. It doesn't change the argument. Stop splitting hairs to avoid acknowledging the problem.

We know there was 8 million pre-orders, 3.3m, or 41% on console. We know a week after launch, sales reached 13m. Assuming the same sales split, that's 5.3m console copies. 5.3 million players with a broken copy. It's estimated that 4m next gen consoles have been sold. Even if half of all those customers bought cp2077, that leaves 3.3m players on last gen with a completely unplayable version of the game.

3.3 million unplayable copies. 3.3m customers who were mislead to believe the game ran "surprisingly well" on their platform when it does not. That is straight up not ok. It doesn't matter if there are more pc players with working copies. Cdpr fucked up, and they fucked up huge. There is no defending it.
Everybody loved Golden Eye on N64. That game played at 10FPS.

CyberPunk 2077 looks way better and runs at 20FPS on consoles.

:p

Battlefield 4 drove a billion dollar PC upgrade surge. This seems like a few times larger than that
Battlefield 4?

does that site that gave you that stat track upgrade surges for other games? Because...

Battlefield 4???

Guys. This is the most incredible thing I've ever seen. I complained in the past that I didn't think Cyberpunk was utilizing my hardware. My GPU (2080 Ti) was only 40 degrees or so. My CPU was oddly cool as well. My fans were barely spinning. I had to run DLSS ultra performance to keep a frame rate over 60. With DLSS off I was dipping into the teens. Complete slideshow.

Today I noticed that my fans were actually working hard and my temps were high (as they should be when gaming) so I'm like wtf... Is it actually utilizing my hardware now? I immediately went into settings and switched from DLSS ultra performance to DLSS quality. And to my delight, it was still buttery smooth. Like holy shit... I was getting 35-40 fps in DLSS quality before. Now I'm getting 80-90+. I even turned DLSS completely off for kicks. What used to be 15-20 fps is now around 50-60+. This is the most MASSIVE performance gain I've ever experienced.

The game looks absolutely beautiful now. I spent over 24 hours playing at DLSS ultra performance (ugly ugly ugly) so you can imagine the contrast I'm experiencing when I switch to DLSS quality or even DLSS off. I'm so giddy right now.

Thing is, I don't know what fixed it. Either the 1.06 patch did something huge that isn't mentioned in the patch notes or an Nvidia driver update fixed it. I was running the original Cyberpunk driver (460.79) that launched with the game, but yesterday I updated to the latest (460.89). Guessing the driver update did it, and now I'm kicking myself for not updating it sooner.

Anyone else experience performance gains like this?
Sounds like rather than a performance increase, you experienced a bug or something getting worked out. Allowing your system to fully load your hardware.

Back