Cyberpunk 2077

This (at least for PC players) is the most damning thing I've seen thus far about the game. Particularly since GOG updated the games support page yesterday to acknowledge the issue and they used the language "we might fix this later". Might? You might fix an issue that can completely break someones game without warning? This made worse by the fact that the mods over on their forums are basically saying this isn't a bug, it's a feature, and players should simply alter their play style to fall within the games purposeful limitation. You fucking kidding me? These aren't people modding their games or exploiting anything, just making money by crafting using the in game tools. You mean to tell me that playing the game within it's defined parameters can break the game, and this is by design? How the fuck are players even supposed to know that their actions are fast-tracking them to a broken save? Both their explanation and solution defy logic. I expect better from CDPR.
Can it even get any worse at this point? Jesus, CDPR, what have you done?!

I saw someone point out the change in the marketing description from RPG to action-adventure story. Looks like they gave up on the promised complexity some time ago.

Screenshot_20201220-230213~01.jpg
Screenshot_20201220-231036~01.jpg

Last edited:
I hope not. I've always white knighted CDPR, they've always genuinely acted in the consumers best interest. I consider them a bright light in a dark, greedy industry.

That changed this past week. They did the industry a massive disservice. CP2077 is going to down in history as the example of why a delayed game is better than an unfinished game.

Don't have the game so not qualified to say either way, but this is a pretty hard dunk of the game, going beyond just the obvious bugs and lack of polish, right down to the core:

https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2020/12/15/looking-for-the-cyberpunk-in-cyberpunk-2077/
"But the fundamental fact about these choices is that they don’t matter as anything other than moment-to-moment role-playing within the narrow confines afforded by this dispassionate gamemaster. This is not choice-and-consequence in any meaningful way. The dialogue has no narrative or gameplay implications. I will eventually choose one of about three endings, regardless of how I treated the puppy. The journey to my selected ending is a series of empty choices, poorly integrated with the rest of the game and weakly disguised. As is often the case in these hollow dialogues, CD Projekt can’t even be bothered to keep up the charade."

Ehh you can say the same for almost every other big budget rpg out there. Choice is mostly an illusion. The time/resources needed at a tripleA level to craft multiple paths for the player to take is astronomical.
This game is about on par with 'player choice' as every other high profile big budget rpg out there. It's the mid tier and indie budget games which tend to offer more branches, but the trade off is the production quality of the game is usually much lower.

I’m wondering if you’re actually playing the game in between complaining about it in every thread about it on this forum at all hours of the day and night? If so (and if not for that matter) how do you have that kind of time?

Personally I’ve been enjoying it for about 40 hours now, and that leaves me little time to gripe or praise it (it deserves both). Regardless, I love it and am hooked on the storytelling and characters. Video game stories are usually garbage compared to, you know, real books, but this is an exception so far.

I’m wondering if you’re actually playing the game in between complaining about it in every thread about it on this forum at all hours of the day and night? If so (and if not for that matter) how do you have that kind of time?
I'm following and commenting on the happenings around the biggest event in recent gaming history as they unfold, consequences of which will have an impact on the whole industry. I'm sorry that it's going from bad to worse and there's something new every day, but that is not my fault, nor am I going around telling anyone who enjoys themselves that they are wrong and bothering them.

My time is mine to spend as I please.

I'll play the GOTY edition when the game is actually finished.

Has there been a fix for no main character reflection in ray traced reflections? Kinda weird when you can see the body you are carrying but not your own reflection lol

Dude...what? If you're 38 you're far past halfway to the level cap (50), and at 100 hours I'd say you got your money's worth. I certainly wouldn't put 100+ hours into a boring game.

I get some of your criticism but framing it against the amount of time you already put in I am not sure it hits quite the same way.

I never said I didn't feel I got my money's worth out of it, only that I was going to give the game some time to be completed before I came back to it. I have 100+ hours in because I took time off work, and I was legit trying to give the game a fair shake.

As so many others have said, the story is good, the world is good, the character development is mostly good... but the RPG elements of the game feel incomplete, half done. They need more work to truly be up to the level of CDPR's previous games, in my opinion.

So I think part of the "fun" is digging into what you can do with the skill tree's. Though.. you're right, its a little too easy. I'm about 80 hours in, finished the story a few times and level 47 (cap is 50?) and I've been doing a full Stealth/Quickhack playstyle. Essentially if I can get into the security cameras, everything is dead in a minute or two while i'm crouched in a corner somewhere. That's only fun for so long and there is definitely a balance issue going on here somewhere. I'm not really sure what the solution is.

I've cleared out all the side missions so really all that's left is to hit Lvl 50 then keep chasing all the Iconic weapons then crafting Legendary versions of them (which I promptly won't use since quickhacking makes easy work of everything). Though.. I did find and complete Skippy and that thing is hilarious.

So I think part of the "fun" is digging into what you can do with the skill tree's. Though.. you're right, its a little too easy. I'm about 80 hours in, finished the story a few times and level 47 (cap is 50?) and I've been doing a full Stealth/Quickhack playstyle. Essentially if I can get into the security cameras, everything is dead in a minute or two while i'm crouched in a corner somewhere. That's only fun for so long and there is definitely a balance issue going on here somewhere. I'm not really sure what the solution is.

I've cleared out all the side missions so really all that's left is to hit Lvl 50 then keep chasing all the Iconic weapons then crafting Legendary versions of them (which I promptly won't use since quickhacking makes easy work of everything). Though.. I did find and complete Skippy and that thing is hilarious.

I was initially going for a Stealth / Hacking build, but was having enough fun with the guns I moved away from it. I'm sure they will eventually get to the balancing issues, but they have a lot to address else where before that.

If I go all in on a particular type of build, I expect to feel powerful, but currently the game allows you to turn on god mode and that is ruining the experience for a lot of people, myself included. I'm guessing Armadillo mods will get nerfed (at least only allow us to equip one per piece of armor, or only equippable on 2 or 3 pieces); the ability to quickhack through camera feeds will also get whacked; and headshot + crit damage buffs will be reigned in so 100-200k crits with any ol' Blue you pick up isn't a norm. When I browse through the Skill tree, I see lots of builds I'd like to experiment with, but right now that isn't even necessary to completely walk through Very Hard mode with no challenge whatsoever. I know this stuff will get addressed, and I can choose to play without those advantages until then. Still, before I do a second playthrough I think I'm going to wait for the Dev Team to do their polishing.

--

On a different note, I discovered after the patch, that I have to go back into the config files and change all my left handed controls back. There are 6-10 instances of F, C, Alt, Ctrl, etc that I have to hack because the game still will not let me change them via the Key Bindings.

Has there been a fix for no main character reflection in ray traced reflections? Kinda weird when you can see the body you are carrying but not your own reflection lol
Supposedly there's an INI tweak for it, but the problem is your character isn't rendered properly when in first person, so you're some weird headless homunculi.

I never said I didn't feel I got my money's worth out of it, only that I was going to give the game some time to be completed before I came back to it. I have 100+ hours in because I took time off work, and I was legit trying to give the game a fair shake.

As so many others have said, the story is good, the world is good, the character development is mostly good... but the RPG elements of the game feel incomplete, half done. They need more work to truly be up to the level of CDPR's previous games, in my opinion.
I getcha, I guess the term "boring" just didn't make sense to me for a game you put 100+ hours into, is all. There are definitely a lot of valid complaints about the game, for sure.

I getcha, I guess the term "boring" just didn't make sense to me for a game you put 100+ hours into, is all. There are definitely a lot of valid complaints about the game, for sure.

Agreed. I'd look sideways at someone who made that comment too. Took a while to unlock enough of the Crafting tree before some of these issues started cropping up, but was barely half leveled and the game was starting to feel like I'd turned on god mode. Just struck me that I hadn't even tried to min/max or dig into the 'good' skills and I seemed to just stumble across being OP while using things I hadn't spec'd into at all. Mostly balancing issues that will get worked out in time, or at least I hope.

--

Last edited:

I wouldn't put more than a few hours into a game that I didn't like. If a game doesn't grip me in about two hours it typically never will. In Cyberpunk's case, I think you have to at least play past the prologue and do a bit after that to get a real flavor of the game and what you can do and explore given the limitations imposed on you prior to completing the prologue. So, about 5 hours is a fair shake. It doesn't make sense to throw the better part of a week of your time into a game you aren't into. When someone does that, I either think they are lying about their play time or they are one of those super negative people that bitches about everything and will never be happy no matter what.

I wouldn't put more than a few hours into a game that I didn't like. If a game doesn't grip me in about two hours it typically never will. In Cyberpunk's case, I think you have to at least play past the prologue and do a bit after that to get a real flavor of the game and what you can do and explore given the limitations imposed on you prior to completing the prologue. So, about 5 hours is a fair shake. It doesn't make sense to throw the better part of a week of your time into a game you aren't into. When someone does that, I either think they are lying about their play time or they are one of those super negative people that bitches about everything and will never be happy no matter what.

Or the issues they are complaining about do not begin to become apparent until mid to late game, and they are not willing to give up on it just yet, in part because they took time off, plus they can still change play styles to see if the issues are persistent.

Not everyone who puts a lot of time into a game, yet has critical feedback is "overly negative". Myself, for instance, had a lot of positives to say about the game in prior posts. However the one post where I mentioned how boring the game got after becoming over-powered, which was at the end of my time off when I was summarizing, is the one post that seemed to get any attention.

Or the issues they are complaining about do not begin to become apparent until mid to late game, and they are not willing to give up on it just yet, in part because they took time off, plus they can still change play styles to see if the issues are persistent.

Not everyone who puts a lot of time into a game, yet has critical feedback is "overly negative". Myself, for instance, had a lot of positives to say about the game in prior posts. However the one post where I mentioned how boring the game got after becoming over-powered, which was at the end of my time off when I was summarizing, is the one post that seemed to get any attention.

I can agree that there are some balance issues. Even on very hard, at max level with some of your skills upgraded, the game is a cake walk.

I can agree that there are some balance issues. Even on very hard, at max level with some of your skills upgraded, the game is a cake walk.
Yeah, if you get the right weapons it's pretty easy, though I will say that I stumbled into a "Very Hard" quest and the enemies were significantly tougher - quickhacks took *way* more RAM to function and were way less effective as well.

I'm sure eventually the game will get sorted. I'm not too concerned, just a bit surprised given the development time and Developer reputation.

I took about a third of my Armadillo mods off. Put the couple Smart weapons I'd been toying with in my stash (all my guns are OP, so not sure what to do there) and started messing around with my weakest Skills. This should hopefully occupy me until I finish the story.

--

I was hoping the latest Nvidia drivers would fix HDR for me, but it is still disabled in game with no option to enable it. 2080ti with a certified 8k HDMI 2.1 cable to my LG CX. Not sure what the issue is, but digging into that should distract me as well.

I'm sure eventually the game will get sorted. I'm not too concerned, just a bit surprised given the development time and Developer reputation.

I took about a third of my Armadillo mods off. Put the couple Smart weapons I'd been toying with in my stash (all my guns are OP, so not sure what to do there) and started messing around with my weakest Skills. This should hopefully occupy me until I finish the story.

--

I was hoping the latest Nvidia drivers would fix HDR for me, but it is still disabled in game with no option to enable it. 2080ti with a certified 8k HDMI 2.1 cable to my LG CX. Not sure what the issue is, but digging into that should distract me as well.

I had this issue as well. You must enable HDR in Windows 10. When you do that, your image should be washed out and gross. Don't worry about that. Go ahead and launch Cyberpunk and then enable HDR. Alt-Tab back out to Windows and disable HDR in the Windows graphics settings. And that's it. You'll have normal, working HDR in Cyberpunk. You can then configure the feature to suit your tastes.

I'm 15'ish hours in and have been mostly enjoying myself. The game feels a little bit shallow with the various police shootouts and quick sidequests, but occasionally one will have some real depth to it. I find it amusing that I can keep short-circuiting most enemies from a distance and they're clueless what to do. There was a mission with a stealth bonus for wiping out a huge tiger claw's martial arts dojo. I hopped on the roof and short circuited like 15 of those guys by looking down through the skylights.
I have shitloads of money, so I dunno where that complaint is coming from. Just doing whatever pops up in my way has netted me 60K. That's after I spend 15K on some hacking upgrades, too.

Glitch-wise, the game is definitely a bug-fest. Especially on the physics front. Enemies stuck in walls/objects, things floating in the air, etc. is super common. Shadows can be really, really wonky, too. Random people walking around might as well be phantoms since you can walk through them and they disappear so often. Luckily none of those things are that big of a deal. They kill some level of immersion, but they're more eye-roll worthy than anything game breaking. It's buggier than a launch Bethesda game, but luckily the PC version is at least mostly okay.

I'm 15'ish hours in and have been mostly enjoying myself. The game feels a little bit shallow with the various police shootouts and quick sidequests, but occasionally one will have some real depth to it. I find it amusing that I can keep short-circuiting most enemies from a distance and they're clueless what to do. There was a mission with a stealth bonus for wiping out a huge tiger claw's martial arts dojo. I hopped on the roof and short circuited like 15 of those guys by looking down through the skylights.
I have shitloads of money, so I dunno where that complaint is coming from. Just doing whatever pops up in my way has netted me 60K. That's after I spend 15K on some hacking upgrades, too.

Glitch-wise, the game is definitely a bug-fest. Especially on the physics front. Enemies stuck in walls/objects, things floating in the air, etc. is super common. Shadows can be really, really wonky, too. Random people walking around might as well be phantoms since you can walk through them and they disappear so often. Luckily none of those things are that big of a deal. They kill some level of immersion, but they're more eye-roll worthy than anything game breaking. It's buggier than a launch Bethesda game, but luckily the PC version is at least mostly okay.

60K is nothing in this game. You can spend upwards of 45,000 on a single piece of cyberware. Most of the good vehicles are 60K plus. There are a dozen of those or so. A decent jacket or pants later on around upwards of 15-20k right there. If you want to respec your skills that's 100k right there.

I haven't done any of the money cheeses and after buying a few of the expensive cyberware mods and clearing all the jobs, i'm at ~500k. Still not enough to buy all the cars on the map, though I haven't really felt the need to since I have 6 or so just from doing missions.

I usually give it a bit more than two hours. Maybe closer to 4-5 if a game isn't clicking with me. If it still doesn't, I put it away for a while, and try again in a few months, or a year or something like that. Sometimes it's just my mood at the time, and I'm just not feeling it. Occasionally when I've given something another chance later I end up loving it.

One classic example was that I played System Shock 2 the first time (after loving the original) and while I thought it was cool, and knew I should like it, I just didn't get too far into it. I shelved it for a while, and tried again another time. Then I was absolutely hooked, couldn't put it down, and have played it every year or three ever since. I guess this game is kind of a special case since I was already into the original, but it's happened with other games I put down.

I'm actually hoping that this happens with Doom Eternal, because I just couldn't play past 4-5 hours or so. (I think, it says I've played more, but I don't feel like I have :D ) Maybe I'll be in the mood for it some day though, and finish it off.

I usually give it a bit more than two hours. Maybe closer to 4-5 if a game isn't clicking with me. If it still doesn't, I put it away for a while, and try again in a few months, or a year or something like that. Sometimes it's just my mood at the time, and I'm just not feeling it. Occasionally when I've given something another chance later I end up loving it.

One classic example was that I played System Shock 2 the first time (after loving the original) and while I thought it was cool, and knew I should like it, I just didn't get too far into it. I shelved it for a while, and tried again another time. Then I was absolutely hooked, couldn't put it down, and have played it every year or three ever since. I guess this game is kind of a special case since I was already into the original, but it's happened with other games I put down.

I'm actually hoping that this happens with Doom Eternal, because I just couldn't play past 4-5 hours or so. (I think, it says I've played more, but I don't feel like I have :D ) Maybe I'll be in the mood for it some day though, and finish it off.

It depends on the type of game. If we are talking about something like the Witcher III, Dragon Age Inquisition or Cyberpunk, you will need more than a couple of hours to truly experience the game. If its a shooter, I can generally tell in about 20 to 30 minutes if its trash or not. That being said, I normally give it 3-5 hours before really making my decision. If in that time the game doesn't hook me, I usually drop it and rarely go back and try again.

My tip to new players would be don't get bogged down by everything you can do, overthink builds, etc. I wish I knew how quick skill points would come when I spent all night just staring at skills \ stats and trying to decide the best build direction. Then I was getting hung up on perfectly executing every mission and leaning heavily on quick saves \ loads, which was getting old when I wanted to be out exploring the world.

Once I told myself it was ok to mess up and just go Rambo some times, the game got a lot more fun.

The game has some quirks, but if this was Elder Scrolls or Fallout no one would bat an eye. Wasn't there a recentish AAA launch that couldn't even be played for like the first month it launched? I can't seem to recall the specifics. Maybe I'm thinking all the way back to BF2. Regardless I think this is a case of "The hypetrain giveth and the hypetrain taketh away." I'm just happy we can finally play the game. I would gladly have opted for this over waiting another six months to a year.

Curious to those stating you're OP too early, have you tried going to zones with 'very high' risk jobs? I was demolishing everything in my path so decided to try a high risk job and got put in my place super fast.

There is no scaling though, some would help for sure, I prefer keeping them in a range of you. at the point i am at there are no jobs higher than moderate.

The only high risk job I was unprepared for was the twins fight. Just not leveled enough of a brawler. Every other task, you can hack/snipe/melee to victory. This is on the very hard setting which is basically a joke. If I do get nailed, I just try a combination of approaches, but the hack a few people down, melee 1 on 1, and snipe the campers usually cleans up areas quick.

I actually beat the Twins as my very first mission. The melee parry function (where you block at the last second) pretty much eats them and most other melee fighters up.
I'm not all that far, but it seems like the gear definitely scales. Random weapons that are dropping from every enemy = way stronger than they used to be. Not sure if that affects them while you're fighting them, though. I'm fine with the difficulty. Those psychic enemies are definitely annoying enough where I have no desire to make them tougher.

I actually beat the Twins as my very first mission. The melee parry function (where you block at the last second) pretty much eats them and most other melee fighters up.
I'm not all that far, but it seems like the gear definitely scales. Random weapons that are dropping from every enemy = way stronger than they use to be. Not sure if that affects them while you're fighting them, though. I'm fine with the difficulty. Those psychic enemies are definitely annoying enough where I have no desire to make them tougher.

The psycos get a lot easier.

Curious to those stating you're OP too early, have you tried going to zones with 'very high' risk jobs? I was demolishing everything in my path so decided to try a high risk job and got put in my place super fast.
I guess maybe it's the fact that virtually everything shows up as "moderate" and feels way too easy, but then "very hard" is like, REALLY hard. I don't often see anything in-between.

60K is nothing in this game. You can spend upwards of 45,000 on a single piece of cyberware. Most of the good vehicles are 60K plus. There are a dozen of those or so. A decent jacket or pants later on around upwards of 15-20k right there. If you want to respec your skills that's 100k right there.
Exactly, 60K? What is that. I got up to 1M glitching and still ended the game around 145K, without buying any cars or bikes. Upgrades are expensive.

But after putting 59hrs in the game I got the Arasaka ending. I played as a Corpo so that was fitting. Watched Youtube for the rest.
Just need to replenish funds then take a break from it. I'll fire it back up once they patch things and I can get my hands on a 3080Ti/3090.

Go down to Pacifica or Downtown and get zero'd. I used the car to run over enemies outside but if you have to go into a building, it's over.
You'll need very powerful weapons and armor 2K+ to endure enough fire. Hacks aren't as effective unless you can find Legendary mods or have the patience for cooldowns.

Look up the Armadillo mod recipe location. It is a common mod, so you don't need to be spec'd into Crafting to craft it. Slot these into any and every spare mod slot you have on your clothing. They add Armor. You can buy them from clothing Vendors also, so any Rare or Epics you find are even better.

Anytime you see a Legendary pick up, save before you pick it up. If it is a clothing item, make sure it drops with 3 mod slots - 4 if it is a chest or shirt piece. If not, reload your save. This can be done with Epics too, but I don't know what their max mod slot cap is yet. The more mod slots you have, the more Armor you can stack, along with Immunities (Shock, Thermal, Physical). This will help your survivability. On a side note, after they are equipped, they scale with your clothing when you Upgrade it.

For Damage, you can look for Deadeye or other Crit hit chance & damage mods. Put Crit where ever you can. It does not stack on Armor, so one mod on one piece of clothing is sufficient. Otherwise there are some decent crit perks in the Cool & Reflex Skill trees. Weapon mods can add to this too. Lastly, equip a Supressor on eligible weapons and go for the headshot. A Rare suppressor can be bought at a weapon vendor, offers 2.5 headshot damage with only 15% reduction to weapon damage (more than makes up for it).

Lastly, you can reload Vendor stock by stepping away from them and using the wait function to wait 24hrs. I use this if they have a low rarity version of something I want. For example a common suppressor or mod when I'm after a Rare or Epic.

Hope this helps, have fun man.

--

EDIT:

Last edited:
For some reason it seems to take longer to reload a save or to load from fast travel than it does to load the game fresh. Kinda odd.
Not really, starting with a clean slate is easier than having to clean up to be able to load another game state.

Back