Cyberpunk 2077

T8eME4r.png

Fucking love this gun

Patch 1.05 has better thread usage than 1.04 but definitely not the usage of the SMT fix. Core 2 and one of the others is still in single digits

I have been getting pretty consistent CPU usage across 6 cores, with HT (10600k). I do not have a single core that seems to be favored, sometimes the core may hit single digits but it will go to 60+ % a second later. The average is a pretty consistently 60+%. My GPU stays pegged at 98-99%.

I also see 10-14 Gb system ram usage and 6+ GB vram as well since day one.

It is why I didn't undertand the "ram fix" and thought it was a placebo. But it is awesome a quick fix boosts performance on AMD chips.

Best performance boost I made was turning off the FPS counter.

Well.... I may be done with this game, at least for now.

With all the dumpster fire surrounding this game right now, my biggest complaint has nothing to do with what most are upset about. The largest flaw I've found so far has nothing to do with bugs or performance, its that it is boring.

I'm only level 38, haven't finished the story, barely put any thought into where best to spend my Skill points, don't have the best or most optimized gear, and yet on Very Hard, no enemies can touch me. I have so much Armor unless I stand still and let a whole mob do sustained damage for minutes on end, they cannot kill me. My weapons are so strong, without even putting effort into making them so, that I spray a little in their general direction and everyone is dead. Keep in mind that I'm an old fart who doesn't particularly care for Hard mode or "challenging" games like Dark Souls. I started this game on Normal and cranked it up from there. Now, outside of clearing the map for the sake of clearing it, and finishing the Story, I've really no desire to keep playing. I know they meant for us to chase several playthroughs, but this game needs some serious play-testing and rework before the Skill tree even starts to matter imo. Right now you slap points into whatever, throw a few key mods on and basically do anything you want. Like I said, boring.

I know this amounts to '1st World Problems' compared to the bulk of the Player base, but once those issues get worked out, there has to be a game there worth playing long term. The potential is there, but it is just further evidence this game wasn't ready. Maybe in a year it will look better, but right now it's just too sloppy in relation to what I was expecting. Personal opinion.

I've been running gorilla arms for about 20 hours. I consistently run into doors I can force open. Currently around 14 on body and I've found a couple doors that require 18 or 20 to open
Yeah, Ive run into plenty of doors that require strength to open. But how do the gorilla arms help? Do they lower the strength requirement?

Well.... I may be done with this game, at least for now.

With all the dumpster fire surrounding this game right now, my biggest complaint has nothing to do with what most are upset about. The largest flaw I've found so far has nothing to do with bugs or performance, its that it is boring.

I'm only level 38, haven't finished the story, barely put any thought into where best to spend my Skill points, don't have the best or most optimized gear, and yet on Very Hard, no enemies can touch me. I have so much Armor unless I stand still and let a whole mob do sustained damage for minutes on end, they cannot kill me. My weapons are so strong, without even putting effort into making them so, that I spray a little in their general direction and everyone is dead. Keep in mind that I'm an old fart who doesn't particularly care for Hard mode or "challenging" games like Dark Souls. I started this game on Normal and cranked it up from there. Now, outside of clearing the map for the sake of clearing it, and finishing the Story, I've really no desire to keep playing. I know they meant for us to chase several playthroughs, but this game needs some serious play-testing and rework before the Skill tree even starts to matter imo. Right now you slap points into whatever, throw a few key mods on and basically do anything you want. Like I said, boring.

I know this amounts to '1st World Problems' compared to the bulk of the Player base, but once those issues get worked out, there has to be a game there worth playing long term. The potential is there, but it is just further evidence this game wasn't ready. Maybe in a year it will look better, but right now it's just too sloppy in relation to what I was expecting. Personal opinion.

Thank you! I've said all along that I thought it was boring.

Same, been thinking about that all week, not sure how I managed to put 80 hours into the game... then start a new game and put another 11 hours into it so far.

Well I'm going to stick with it but I dont find it compelling or exciting.

Wow, I don't know how 've been sucked into such a boring game. LOL.

Dude, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I've 100+ hrs in, so its not like I didn't get sucked in initially. I'm just disappointed with the Skill Tree (among other things). I thought I'd have to plan out where / how I spent my Skill points carefully, but it currently doesn't seem to matter. Any old build with Crit and Armor breaks the game. Hopefully after some AI work, this will be less of an issue.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Dude, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I've 100+ hrs in, so its not like I didn't get sucked in initially. I'm just disappointed with the Skill Tree (among other things). I thought I'd have to plan out where / how I spent my Skill points carefully, but it currently doesn't seem to matter. Any old build with Crit and Armor breaks the game. Hopefully after some AI work, this will be less of an issue.

I haven't had a chance to shake this down after yesterday's new patch to see what's what.

I haven't had a chance to shake this down after yesterday's new patch to see what's what.

Me either. Taking a break currently. Just went back to work after 13 days off. Straight back into 12's and I'm adjusting back to 3rd shift hours after living a normal life for a couple weeks, lol. I'm tired and grumpy, probably half my issue.

So far 30hrs in, easily a 8-9/10 so far, only the AI is dissapointing and frankly thats not surprising as all game AI is garbage these days.
I'm largely enjoying the game as well, but the AI is 100% for me the worst aspect that needs to be fixed ASAP on all platforms. It just ruins the immersion and the fun. If the AI were at least marginally intelligent the game would be so much better across the board.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
I often wonder what happened to the 'better' AI's back in the day. Half life had military that would flush you out and sweep from the sides (afaik or remember). Once I picked up a tech rifle with punchthrough it was game over for them.

I often wonder what happened to the 'better' AI's back in the day. Half life had military that would flush you out and sweep from the sides (afaik or remember). Once I picked up a tech rifle with punchthrough it was game over for them.

Late 90's focus was on AI because graphics where starting to top out on what systems could handle.

Then came the graphics revolution, AI stuck around as a focus for a bit, but by 2010 AI was firmly in the backseat over pushing graphical fidelity and mass market appeal. I beleive today the triple A developers are actively afraid of good AI opponents, games have to be easy and accessible for the masses, having an AI that requires people actually be good at games is a detriment to sales.

You don't have to be good to beat darksouls (or similar games), you just have to be patient, there is little AI in it, just difficult attack patterns that once memorized become easy.

I can't currently remember the last game that felt like it had some reality behind their AI, maybe Kingdom come deliverance.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
I'm largely enjoying the game as well, but the AI is 100% for me the worst aspect that needs to be fixed ASAP on all platforms. It just ruins the immersion and the fun. If the AI were at least marginally intelligent the game would be so much better across the board.
That's far more disappointing to me, along the shallow RPG, than graphical and stability issues. It's as if they gave up on the game long ago and spent the majority of time throwing pretty surface polish and distractions to wow you with visual complexity, hoping you don't notice the hole behind it.

Well I'm going to stick with it but I dont find it compelling or exciting.
The game breaks right when you need $15,000 to progress in the story.
CD wrongly encourages ADD gameplay where people are torn between finishing the story or continue grinding for parts.

Up to this point you probably only have 3-5K, so the other 10K will take a few missions. Then you want to upgrade to get the money easier (you have to spend money as you make money)....but as you earn 15K needed, 30+ calls from fixers are coming in asking you to keep doing side jobs instead of getting back to the story.

There's no penalty for leaving the storyline too long. Time should mean something.

CD wrongly encourages ADD gameplay where people are torn between finishing the story or continue grinding for parts.

Up to this point you probably only have 3-5K, so the other 10K will take a few missions. Then you want to upgrade to get the money easier....but as you look for the 10K, 30+ calls from fixers are coming in asking you to keep doing side jobs instead of getting back to the story.

There's no penalty for leaving the storyline too long. Time should mean something.
Really? I had 50k by the time I hit that by just doing activities enroute to the main quest.

Really? I had 50k by the time I hit that by just doing activities enroute to the main quest.
Then you didn't spend any money and did side jobs. Just do the story and see how much you will have.
The game economy sucks and money shouldn't be a requirement to continue.

Then you didn't spend any money and did side jobs. Just do the story and see how much you will have.
The games economy sucks in that its too easy to make massive stacks of cash and very little to actually spend it on (outside of ripper docs I have yet to find one thing I'd buy and ripper docs are literally a forced mechanic).

The whole design of the game is to do side jobs on the way to the main job, if you just want to rush through it then frankly open world games are not what you should be playing.

I do the side jobs that interest me and yield the most reward and especially if they involve supporting characters that I have helped in more important quests. I have no intentions of doing all side jobs and gigs.

I have a certain "efficiency" where I do things generally on my way to bigger goals. It's worked out.

If I warp somewhere to buy something, I'll check the map and do anything local to me, pretty much the same with major quests, check the route and start working my way down.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Players don't want better AI, they want dumb AI that gives the illusion of being smart. When devs actually implement smart AI in their games, players dislike it.
This article explains in more detail: Game Development Myths: Players Want Smart Artificial Intelligence

There's about 3-4 quests which fail if you leave them too long, you get a call from the quest giver acknowledging your delay and that the quest failed. (not main quests, but the side quests, like for panam, river etc)
Also money isn't an issue if you pickup loot (mostly guns) and sell it to vendors. Never needed to 'grind' at all.

I actually had a shit ton of money by that point and I barely did any side jobs. The key was to upgrade the daemon that gives you money from hacking terminals, you can get like 1-2k a pop with those if you get the puzzle 100% done. Requires a cyberdeck with a decent buffer (I think mine is 7) but I've purchased a lot of stuff, including a 20k motorcycle and that 15k buy-in for the mission, and I am still sitting at almost 90k I think. You can also get a lot of money selling junk items that are worth $750 apiece.

I think I am at level 17 or so? Not really that far in.

Dude...what? If you're 38 you're far past halfway to the level cap (50), and at 100 hours I'd say you got your money's worth. I certainly wouldn't put 100+ hours into a boring game.

I get some of your criticism but framing it against the amount of time you already put in I am not sure it hits quite the same way.

This mentality always confuses me. I'll be cruising steam reviews and see a negative review because a game is bad/boring/broken and the person has 1,000 hours into it and it's just... what?

I'm a big advocate of time played != quality or value, I'm absolutely not saying a game is good or worth the cost because of how long you can play it for... rather I'm saying that, if you do not like a game, if you cannot recommend a game, then how do you spend so much time in it? There are plenty of games intended to be very large, 50-100 hour experiences that I would say are not worth $60 because they aren't worth investing 50-100 hours into. But if you happen to find a game compelling enough to do that, surely you enjoyed it and got your monies worth. Any time I see that, I can't help but feel like someone is just jumping onto a hate bandwagon.

Players don't want better AI, they want dumb AI that gives the illusion of being smart. When devs actually implement smart AI in their games, players dislike it.
This article explains in more detail: Game Development Myths: Players Want Smart Artificial Intelligence

A game dev's tumbler feed is anything but definitive. Players dislike it, what players? the last few games that actually utilized tactics I loved, but I'm a gamer of 30 years experience. To me a AI that is fun to beat is an AI that acts in a realistic manner with the same tools I have. The problem is most gamers are not hard gamers, its a casual thing for them and they expect every experience to be relatively the same as the last, so a drastic change in AI behaviour catches them off guard and they cry fowl and make a stink.

Sadly it is a microcosm of everything happening, particularly in triple A, gaming. the game has to appeal to the broadest demographic possible, thus we get stuck with paint by numbers gameplay and archaic systems because its what people expect and execs know roughly what kind of 'review' they will get, and can predict cash flow and income.

Basically mainstream gaming is becoming the movie industry, boring same ol titles, with boring predictible plots and action.

90% of my gaming these days is in the indie scene, at least they try something different even if the edges are rough. I'd rather play that then the next BotW clone.

CP2077 hits so many marks of a great game, yet falls short on its AI by a large margin that even normies notice it.

Hopefully they fix that before I get too close to that number. I think my saves are only about 3 MB so far but I am also less than 30 hours in.

This (at least for PC players) is the most damning thing I've seen thus far about the game. Particularly since GOG updated the games support page yesterday to acknowledge the issue and they used the language "we might fix this later". Might? You might fix an issue that can completely break someones game without warning? This made worse by the fact that the mods over on their forums are basically saying this isn't a bug, it's a feature, and players should simply alter their play style to fall within the games purposeful limitation. You fucking kidding me? These aren't people modding their games or exploiting anything, just making money by crafting using the in game tools. You mean to tell me that playing the game within it's defined parameters can break the game, and this is by design? How the fuck are players even supposed to know that their actions are fast-tracking them to a broken save? Both their explanation and solution defy logic. I expect better from CDPR.

1.05 before and after SMT fix
1.05.png

1.05 fix.png

And yes, it's as noticeable as it was in 1.04 with much more smooth driving and gameplay in general. Fixing this is a big deal and it's annoying that they downplay it. If it affects the 5800x it certainly does something to the prior gen 8 core cpus, too.

The games economy sucks in that its too easy to make massive stacks of cash and very little to actually spend it on (outside of ripper docs I have yet to find one thing I'd buy and ripper docs are literally a forced mechanic).

The whole design of the game is to do side jobs on the way to the main job, if you just want to rush through it then frankly open world games are not what you should be playing.
But indeed, I'm a FPS player, never put 100+ hours into anything other than MP and I think Mass Effect.
Just giving my 2077 experience. After buying a good OS (35K), didn't have the cash for the story to continue. Back doing jobs.

If you can't see how this game constantly breaks immersion then it's the perfect game for you.

I am like level 4 or 5 and I just can't get into the game at all. I have tried it a bit when it released then waited till I got my 3090 installed, now I played it for like a couple of hours or so and I just can't get into it at all. Thought I'd at least be as into it as much as The Outer Worlds, but the game just doesn't work for me for some reason. I have a bad habit of not liking FPP games, but there are exceptions here and there, but it looks as though this isn't one of them. Kind of sad really since it is beautiful with a 3090. Not sure if I am going to continue.

Back