Cyberpunk 2077

I mean yeah, a car doesn't function without tires? I've gotten 60 hours and counting from Cyberpunk, it's not that bad.

This is probably relative to platform. I've 100+ hrs on PC and the bugs have been aggrevating, but fortunately not game breaking.

On current and last gen console this is not the case. Personally I never understood why CDPR choose to release on prior gen, but they did... and they did at full retail. Those customers deserve at least as good of a play experience as we're having, albeit not as pretty. Now I believe CDPR will do whatever they can to make it right in time, but the damage to their rep is done. It will take a Hello Games level investment to get the respect of the bulk of their Console customers back. I think a lot of news and YouTube outlets are making bank on the current outrage, and in spots blowing things out of proportion, but over-all I believe their outrage is justified.

I mean yeah, a car doesn't function without tires? I've gotten 60 hours and counting from Cyberpunk, it's not that bad.
But it's not good. I play it because it's interesting but I know this game needed at least another year. Charging $60 for an unfinished game isn't good, even if the PC users are getting something out of it.

Bugs and drama aside, CDPR didn't get the "good will" from fans because they released bug free games. They gained their good will because they fixed and supported the games they released.

The Witcher 3 release would have looked the same as CP2077 had it been released in the current clickbait, every one and their mother is a vblogger, pinstagram queen environment.

That is not an excuse for the bugs, and the game should never have been released on prior gen consoles until it was playable.

Thank you. People have short memories. Let's face it: Anyone that bought the Witcher games on day one got themselves a pile of bugs and headaches. (Although 3 was decent in the early goings.)

The Witcher 3 was buggy at launch, but it was a different sort of buggy. The game felt polished (more or less), but was a victim of being so huge that some stuff was bound to break. Cyberpunk feels like a game that wasn't finished. It isn't exactly Big Rigs, but it feels like they needed another 6 months to get things up to snuff. The PC version feels way closer than the console versions, though. The PC version mainly needs some work on the world physics and AI. Performance optimization, too. The console versions flat out feel like they were hastily thrown together and only about 75% done.

What the hell is going on with Cyberpunk 2077?

Cyberpunk 2077 is a mess. When it works, it’s a solid role-playing game set in a classic, grimy sci-fi world — but the thing is, it often doesn’t work. Since launch, players on every platform have been sharing videos and images of the game’s ridiculous, frustrating and game-breaking glitches...CD Projekt RED’s stock has dropped by more than 20 percent, a loss of $1.8 billion

Even on PC, Cyberpunk 2077 is hit-or-miss. Reviewers and players have reported serious, game-breaking bugs on every platform, though the issues are most pervasive on PS4 and Xbox One. At best on these consoles, the game looks like a cheap parody of the version that was advertised; and at worst, it simply breaks down...

https://www.engadget.com/cyberpunk-2077-bugs-playstation-xbox-refund-removed-183051405.html

Last edited:

Cyberpunk 2077 is a mess. When it works, it’s a solid role-playing game set in a classic, grimy sci-fi world — but the thing is, it often doesn’t work. Since launch, players on every platform have been sharing videos and images of the game’s ridiculous, frustrating and game-breaking glitches...CD Projekt RED’s stock has dropped by more than 20 percent, a loss of $1.8 billion

Even on PC, Cyberpunk 2077 is hit-or-miss. Reviewers and players have reported serious, game-breaking bugs on every platform, though the issues are most pervasive on PS4 and Xbox One. At best on these consoles, the game looks like a cheap parody of the version that was advertised; and at worst, it simply breaks down...

https://www.engadget.com/cyberpunk-2077-bugs-playstation-xbox-refund-removed-183051405.html
It looks like a lot of click bait bullshit articles and headlines being written to try and make some extra bucks off CDPR to me.

I tell you what is going on with the PC version: Mass Effect Andromeda 2.0. Occasional bugs represented as if they are a constant that prevents players from playing the game, when in reality they are a freak occurence that is mildly annoying, but not game breaking, not even immersion breaking for the most part.

I tell you what is going on with the PC version: Mass Effect Andromeda 2.0. Occasional bugs represented as if they are a constant that prevents players from playing the game, when in reality they are a freak occurence that is mildly annoying, but not game breaking, not even immersion breaking for the most part.

This is a lot more realistic of an assessment vs a nuclear catastrophe.

CDPR has work to do to be sure and yes, the game probably should have been delayed again until Spring or some such and even though that wouldn't have "looked good" it would have been better than this and trying to fix a game via patches.

Play everyday. Had one crash but the game plays and beyond a few graphical glitches alls good. Nothing different from any other game

1608415534347.png

from NY Times article: "Refund requests are pouring in by the thousands. Lawyers and investors in Warsaw are circling the situation, contemplating a class-action lawsuit against the company for potential criminal “misrepresentation in order to receive financial benefits,” according to a regulatory filing

from NY Times article: "Refund requests are pouring in by the thousands. Lawyers and investors in Warsaw are circling the situation, contemplating a class-action lawsuit against the company for potential criminal “misrepresentation in order to receive financial benefits,” according to a regulatory filing
Are you cheer-leading for sticking it to one of the last game developers who actually tries to make good games instead of battle royale?

Are you cheer-leading for sticking it to one of the last game developers who actually tries to make good games instead of battle royale?

just reporting the facts...I plan on buying the game but I can't ignore the reality of the situation...even if it mostly effects consoles CDPR was very shady and purposely deceived the public with their comments prior to release...CDPR built a sterling reputation but now that is suffering a major blow...

Reactions: Meeho
like this
Hotfix V1.05 is coming. Or maybe already out.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37166/hotfix-1-05

Hotfix 1.05 is now live on Xbox and PlayStation systems! PC version will follow soon.
Here is the full list of changes:

Quests
  • Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
  • Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
  • It's no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
  • Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don't Lose Your Mind.
  • Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
  • Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv's arrival was loaded.
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
  • Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
  • The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor's clinic.
  • Wakako's dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
  • Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
  • Brick’s detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
  • Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
  • Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
  • Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
  • Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
  • Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer...
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don't Lose Your Mind.
  • Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
  • Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
  • Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie's in The Information.
  • Added description for Don't Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
  • Fixed an issue preventing player from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
  • Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.
  • Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.

Gameplay
  • Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
  • Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.

Visual
  • Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
  • V's mouth doesn't stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
  • Fixed some UI overlap issues.
  • V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
  • NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
  • Added some warmth to HDR.
  • Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
  • Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
  • Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.

UI
  • Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
  • The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
  • Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.

Performance & Stability
  • Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.

Miscellaneous
  • Offscreen explosions make noise now.

PC-specific
  • [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
  • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
  • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
  • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
  • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
  • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Console-specific
  • Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.
  • Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts.
  • Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
  • Corrected the look of several vehicles.
  • [Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed.
  • [Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible.
  • Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset.
  • Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love.

Looking good to me. Might need a few more (don't have it myself) but this looks like a good list of important fixes. Sounds like it includes some of the user made fixes that help CPU performance?

Not out on PC yet - they talked about a massive patch on the 21st, not sure if this is what they were referring to or if there's another one in the pipe. Glad they are coming fast and furious, though - I'd love for many of the issues to be resolved before I get too deep into this save file.

So what's the roadmap like? Will it be similar to Witcher 3, with paid expansions? Or is this a one-and-done for CDPR?

So what's the roadmap like? Will it be similar to Witcher 3, with paid expansions? Or is this a one-and-done for CDPR?
In the emergency investors call they said they are going to have expansions but they will be delayed work on them until after consoles recieve the next gen update, that is higher priority.

Uf, that sounds very bad. Do they say where they got their info regarding the refund numbers? That latter part could be quite devastating for them.

I really hope this ends up being a massive wake up call for CDPR and the whole industry, but that it doesn't end up being fatal for them.

Last edited:
Just finished the game - 40 hours played. Fully enjoyed the playthrough. The story is absolutely fantastic. Well thought out and thought provoking. Can't wait to play through it again. I went with a gunner build, didnt really touch hacking too much, plan is to go that route the next time I play. Graphics are top notch, sound and music top notch, voice acting and lip sync were spot on. All of the side quests I did were engaging, I dont recall a single "go-fetch" side quest in the game.

My complaints: I did have a handful of progress stopping glitches. A reload of the game fixed them. I wish the police system was a little more advanced. Several times I went to head shot a perk with my sniper rifle, to only hit the cop behind as well. Cop chases are as simple as driving in a straight line in the opposite direction.

I look forward to playing through this again but I think I'm going to give CD Project some time to patch the game.

9.5 out of 10 for me.

I played this game on a ultra-high end PC. I'm sure my score would be a lot lower if I wasnt running bleeding edge hardware. I think they have a long way to go in terms of optimization.

After work I'll have to see if it goes back to the disproportionate mess on my 2700x's threads that it was before the SMT fix.

Fingers crossed for some general improvements. I hope they focus on AI at some point.

Man, the requirements for certain gear / perks really seems to shoehorn you into once specific niche. You have 50 levels to put into attributes, with each having a max of 20, so you can only theoretically max out two of them, and that's if you mostly neglect everything else. A lot of the gear/skill checks/dialogue options seems to require 8, 12, 20 in a given skill or attribute, making a lot of it unattainable for a given run.

I also didn't realize that your skill level is limited by your overall attribute level, making it even less flexible.

I'm guessing we will see mods and/or DLC that increases the level cap, but the requirements feel so restrictive for some of the really cool gear. I guess that is by design, but I don't want to focus ONLY on quick hacking, but I have to choose between boostng Int versus Reflexes, oh, but I can't get full use out of this pistol without boosting Body...etc.

Conversely, I like when there's a door that requires 3 body to open - which I have.

I like to imagine it isn't even locked, just sticking a little, and I'm fuckin yanking at the thing with every ounce of my strength to get it open. My lanky ass noodle arms getting all veiny as I struggle to exert barely enough force to snap a stale cheeto.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
Maybe a few days before PC gets theirs, but this is still good to see:

PC related stuff starts at 6:34

--

Some important info in this video about making sure each Legendary armor piece you pick up has the maximum mod slots. Most Legendaries can roll with up to 3 mod slots, with the chest piece getting 4. However it seems some unique pieces can roll with 4 no matter which piece they are. For example, the Samuri 2020 Concert T-Shirt. I also have some Nomad pants with 4 slots.

Skip to the 15 min mark for how to get the ridiculous Armor amounts.

I saw this after getting most of the clothes. Another bad gameplay choice to randomize the attributes of pickups. I enjoy the game but as you play the game to get the most out of it, the game is setup to force you to play through it several times before you do. Only having one chance at getting certain Icoinc weapons is another bad gameplay mechanic.

The Witcher 3 was buggy at launch, but it was a different sort of buggy. The game felt polished (more or less), but was a victim of being so huge that some stuff was bound to break. Cyberpunk feels like a game that wasn't finished. It isn't exactly Big Rigs, but it feels like they needed another 6 months to get things up to snuff. The PC version feels way closer than the console versions, though. The PC version mainly needs some work on the world physics and AI. Performance optimization, too. The console versions flat out feel like they were hastily thrown together and only about 75% done.

Yup, this is next level bugginess in comparison to Witcher 3.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-pc-bug-causes-corruption-in-game-saves-reports

https://www.dualshockers.com/cyberp...ve file size limit,files will remain that way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kg47yz/psa_your_save_file_is_capped_at_8mb_on_all/

just reporting the facts...I plan on buying the game but I can't ignore the reality of the situation...even if it mostly effects consoles CDPR was very shady and purposely deceived the public with their comments prior to release...CDPR built a sterling reputation but now that is suffering a major blow...

I bet Cyberpunk gets fully patched before Anthem does... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I saw this after getting most of the clothes. Another bad gameplay choice to randomize the attributes of pickups. I enjoy the game but as you play the game to get the most out of it, the game is setup to force you to play through it several times before you do. Only having one chance at getting certain Icoinc weapons is another bad gameplay mechanic.
It's something that I imagine mods will address if CDPR won't do it themselves. I think the approach is another one of their design quirks that just misses the mark entirely.

Also, holy fuck do I hate the impractical scroll bar in this game.

Conversely, I like when there's a door that requires 3 body to open - which I have.

I like to imagine it isn't even locked, just sticking a little, and I'm fuckin yanking at the thing with every ounce of my strength to get it open. My lanky ass noodle arms getting all veiny as I struggle to exert barely enough force to snap a stale cheeto.

lol. I picked up the Gorilla Arms cyberware because the description says it allows you to force open doors. But I have yet to actually receive a prompt of some sort to use them. I dunno if it's a bug, not in the game yet, or I'm not using them on the correct 'type' of door?

lol. I picked up the Gorilla Arms cyberware because the description says it allows you to force open doors. But I have yet to actually receive a prompt of some sort to use them. I dunno if it's a bug, not in the game yet, or I'm not using them on the correct 'type' of door?
I did the same. I’ve seen two doors where I think I’ve used them. I thought they would allow me to open some of the random doors you come across on the street that are locked, but that’s not the case.

I've been running gorilla arms for about 20 hours. I consistently run into doors I can force open. Currently around 14 on body and I've found a couple doors that require 18 or 20 to open

Back