Cyberpunk 2077

I've read people say that Witcher 3 was fairly buggy out of the gates. I couldn't get into that game at first and it was months before I came back around to it, although I did end up enjoying the hell out of the game and beat it multiple times. From my recollection I had very minimal problems with W3 when I finally gave it a shot.

Unlike W3 I've been hooked on Cyberpunk right from the start. Very few bugs and no crashes at all. Spent just about every free hour this past week playing the game, reached max level by plowing through all the side missions. Now I'm getting corrupt save files and an internet search leads me to their forums where people are claiming that if the sav.dat file reaches 8192KB then you are fucked. Apparently the problem can be exacerbated by crafting too many items and sure enough I invested perk points into crafting and have done a substantial amount. Looks like my only options are to wait for a fix, go from an older working save file and refrain from crafting anymore, or start a new game.

It's easy to ignore all the bad talk about this game when you're not affected and enjoying your playthrough. But running into a problem like this is a kick in the teeth and is making me wish I had held off on starting.
On the side mission with Panam, if you visit the RipperDoc in her community before the mission and choose the skeleton upgrade, I couldn't run anymore.
I saved the game came back and still couldn't run. Thankfully for the constant game and manual saves I was able to start again just before that and test it.

There are times sound of footsteps would mute, music will pop in loud, I'll jump on the edge of something and it would shoot me almost 200ft away. (Playing 1.4 patch)
There are so many other things that takes you out of the immersion of the story, like too many damn phone calls. I was on a mission, the dialog and phone were playing simultaneously.
I had to take a call just before a sex scene while the lady was sitting on the bed half naked, waiting patiently until I was done, felt like real life.

The bugs are there. The biggest bug/design flaw is allowing too many side missions before finishing the game.
During the game the side missions should enhance the story then when complete, just random crime and jobs.

For Ultrawide monitors, using photo mode, you're stuck in a 16:9 window even though you can visibly see 21:9.

Last edited:
There are times sound of footsteps would mute, music will pop in loud, I'll jump on the edge of something and it would shoot me almost 200ft away. (Playing 1.4 patch)
There are so many other things that takes you out of the immersion of the story, like too many damn phone calls. I was on a mission, the dialog and phone were playing simultaneously.
I had to take a call just before a sex scene while the lady was sitting on the bed half naked, waiting patiently until I was done, felt like real life.

For Ultrawide monitors, using photo mode, you're stuck in a 16:9 window even though you can visibly see 21:9.

I've encountered just about every bug you listed there, plus a few other odd quirks with ultrawide. I've seen cars being launched in the air when they are a good ways away from me. Audio bugs when dealing with characters are probably the most immersion breaking thing for me but none of what I encountered was more than a minor annoyance until this practically game breaking bug. Selfishly I want them to fix this corrupt save issue asap but it seems they have a PR nightmare with the older consoles and a lot of energy will be spent in that area so I'm a bit pessimistic I'll be able to continue my current game anytime soon. I guess I could start a new game with a different background and focus on different perks for the time being.

I've encountered just about every bug you listed there, plus a few other odd quirks with ultrawide. I've seen cars being launched in the air when they are a good ways away from me. Audio bugs when dealing with characters are probably the most immersion breaking thing for me but none of what I encountered was more than a minor annoyance until this practically game breaking bug. Selfishly I want them to fix this corrupt save issue asap but it seems they have a PR nightmare with the older consoles and a lot of energy will be spent in that area so I'm a bit pessimistic I'll be able to continue my current game anytime soon. I guess I could start a new game with a different background and focus on different perks for the time being.
Ultrawide, you will die I think and comeback and can only see 16:9. Have to pause and come back into the game for the aspect to reset.
Ever saw two RipperDoc icons and the second is floating randomly pointing you in the wrong direction?
Having all the items to craft something but it's still saying you don't have enough.

Why does this game allow you to take on Very High side missions knowing you will get one shot killed?
Even with Legendary armor, I'm still getting wiped in under three seconds. What's the level required to take on those enemies? No one knows.

Ultrawide, you will die I think and comeback and can only see 16:9. Have to pause and come back into the game for the aspect to reset.
Ever saw two RipperDoc icons and the second is floating randomly pointing you in the wrong direction?
Having all the items to craft something but it's still saying you don't have enough.

Why does this game allow you to take on Very High side missions knowing you will get one shot killed?
Even with Legendary armor, I'm still getting wiped in under three seconds. What's the level required to take on those enemies? No one knows.
I can do them if I'm careful. The secret is to just never get hit in the first place.

I just hack the shit out of them and they're completely helpless because they have zero line of sight of me.

Hacking is pretty ridiculous overall. If you get control of a security camera, everything you can see with it is basically as good as dead at zero risk to you.

As far as the crafting, I've not had issues with it not letting me craft if I have the materials except for upgrading items when it says "You are not high enough level to upgrade this item". It's like items have a level but you can't see it. I would upgrade items until I couldn't, and then when I level up I can upgrade them again one more level.

On hard at level 50 just about everything is a pushover. I don't know exactly when NCPD missions and side quests no longer show as hard or greater but it happens sometime around 40 if I remember right. By the time you are 50 I think every NCPD (blue) side mission is either low or very low rated difficulty and nothing at all shows as higher than Moderate difficulty rating. I will say that even with what has to be close to max armor those moderate level difficulty things can still hit hard especially when you are surrounded. But between the damage you can put out yourself along with cyber mods like second hearts and bio monitors it's a bit hard to actually die.

I've experienced the same thing with the ultra-wide displays. Before the second patch, I'd have to change the resolution in the graphics settings and then change them back to my native resolution to fix it rather than just hitting escape twice. As for the rest, its a design decision. Keep in mind that the difference in your gear early on and at late levels is huge. You'll have an armor rating in the low 100's early on. You'll be north of 2,000 by the end of the game. You'll go from weapons with double digit DPS numbers to some that do over 2,000 DPS.

Well, I have a cat now...

Cat.jpg

And Johnny and I are starting to talk more...

Devrm_Johny.jpg

Lastly, I did use the duplication glitch to build up some money and crafting materials. It sucks trying to decide which Caliburn to drive, lol. I have about 4k armor now, from crafting Armadillo mods and using Legendary clothing with lots of mod slots. I'm also immune to fire, shock & AOE damage. Plus my smart weapons nearly one shot most the enemies in the game while barely looking in their direction. I prefer to sneak and play non-lethal, but even then, my Cottonmouth does 1700+ dps, plus shock damage. I had to kick the game up to hard.

I have not finished the story yet. Currently trying to clear the map and find all the Crafting recipes in the game. There are LOTS of things hidden all over, but most can be found in the blue colored missions on the map. Still, I have learned to stop and check everything. Not for everyone, I've over 100hrs in now. But I am a completionist if I am anything.

--

As far as the crafting, I've not had issues with it not letting me craft if I have the materials except for upgrading items when it says "You are not high enough level to upgrade this item". It's like items have a level but you can't see it. I would upgrade items until I couldn't, and then when I level up I can upgrade them again one more level.

On hard at level 50 just about everything is a pushover. I don't know exactly when NCPD missions and side quests no longer show as hard or greater but it happens sometime around 40 if I remember right. By the time you are 50 I think every NCPD (blue) side mission is either low or very low rated difficulty and nothing at all shows as higher than Moderate difficulty rating. I will say that even with what has to be close to max armor those moderate level difficulty things can still hit hard especially when you are surrounded. But between the damage you can put out yourself along with cyber mods like second hearts and bio monitors it's a bit hard to actually die.

All the NCPD missions are Moderate or lower for me at level 34.

Well, I have a cat now...

View attachment 310360

And Johnny and I are starting to talk more...

View attachment 310362

Lastly, I did use the duplication glitch to build up some money and crafting materials. It sucks trying to decide which Caliburn to drive, lol. I have about 4k armor now, from crafting Armadillo mods and using Legendary clothing with lots of mod slots. I'm also immune to fire, shock & AOE damage. Plus my smart weapons nearly one shot most the enemies in the game while barely looking in their direction. I prefer to sneak and play non-lethal, but even then, my Cottonmouth does 1700+ dps, plus shock damage. I had to kick the game up to hard.

I have not finished the story yet. Currently trying to clear the map and find all the Crafting recipes in the game. There are LOTS of things hidden all over, but most can be found in the blue colored missions on the map. Still, I have learned to stop and check everything. Not for everyone, I've over 100hrs in now. But I am a completionist if I am anything.

--

All the NCPD missions are Moderate or lower for me at level 34.

How did you get the cat?

So I found out by accident that the arm rocket thing locks onto whatever is within sight. Fired it randomly and it locked onto some hobo and blew them 50 feet into the air...lol.

Speaking of which, seems OP to just have unlimited rockets in your arm. There is barely even any cooldown outside of waiting for the animation to finish.

Hopefully this helps planning your builds and where / what to spend your Eddies on:

--

You have to put catfood outside your apartment. Theres a tablet thing to read right around the corner. Forgot exactly.

Each time I return to my apartment, he's in a new spot. Meows at me, I pet him, and I am at peace once more.

Last edited:
So I was doing the mission where you have to find the missing cabs...there are seven of them....I found six and was chasing the seventh and the mission/quest just disappeared. It's gone. There are no messages about it, and its not listed in the quest logs. The car is still driving around but there is no way to finish.

Restarted and It's back..go figure.

Last edited:
Cyberpsyco police response would have been amazing. Like you can hear them coming from a distance causing you to run but they still find you, hacking doors or forcing their way through them. Kind a like how the Agents chase Neo in the Matrix. More of a physical cat and mouse fight rather than shooting. If you shoot at them or kill a certain amount, then it takes a drastic turn of the worst. Multiples show up, high and low.

You got out of their sight, but suddenly you are being hacked and you have to find the netrunner officer doing it or you're fried.

Now, around 4 stars you can see some officers have cyber abilities but it's mainly dash and shoot.
CDPR needed more time, 2yrs in fact.

Last edited:
Man, the requirements for certain gear / perks really seems to shoehorn you into once specific niche. You have 50 levels to put into attributes, with each having a max of 20, so you can only theoretically max out two of them, and that's if you mostly neglect everything else. A lot of the gear/skill checks/dialogue options seems to require 8, 12, 20 in a given skill or attribute, making a lot of it unattainable for a given run.

I also didn't realize that your skill level is limited by your overall attribute level, making it even less flexible.

I'm guessing we will see mods and/or DLC that increases the level cap, but the requirements feel so restrictive for some of the really cool gear. I guess that is by design, but I don't want to focus ONLY on quick hacking, but I have to choose between boostng Int versus Reflexes, oh, but I can't get full use out of this pistol without boosting Body...etc.

How can I tell what version of the game I have? I'm getting 7fps with the settings as low as I can set them with a 3070 and 6600k an it is making me want to jump in front of a truck.

so frustrated

Now, if only I could find a tweak guide that wasn't just copy-paste garbage-time clickbait.....

I hate to quote myself... But, this might help a lotta people:

First, crank it to Ultra. (Cuz this is [H])

Then, disable Chromatic Aberration and Motion Blur. Set the four Local and Cascaded Shadow options to medium
and the two Volumetric options and Ambient Occlusion to medium as well.

Finally, set Screen Space Reflections Quality to low.

Boom, if you're not getting over 60 fps consistently.... I'm sorry? (y)

Hotfix 1.05 is now live on Xbox and Playstation systems! PC version will follow soon.

Here is the full list of changes:

Quests
Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
It's no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don't Lose Your Mind.
Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv's arrival was loaded.
Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor's clinic.
Wakako's dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
Brick’s detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer...
Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don't Lose Your Mind.
Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie's in The Information.
Added description for Don't Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
Fixed an issue preventing player from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.
Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.

Gameplay
Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.

Visual
Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
V's mouth doesn't stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
Fixed some UI overlap issues.
V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
Added some warmth to HDR.
Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.

UI
Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.

Performance & Stability
Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.

Miscellaneous
Offscreen explosions make noise now.

PC-specific
[AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Console-specific
Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.
Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts.
Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
Corrected the look of several vehicles.
[Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed.
[Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible.
Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset.
Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love.

Kind of boggles my mind that CDPR thought it was a good idea to release this game in its current state. Some minor and isolated bugginess might have been overlooked, but the obvious broken systems and conspicuous problems which destroy immersion are too overwhelming to ignore. Have pretty much obliterated all the good will they built up over the years - I doubt there will be many people who pre-order their next game on blind faith especially given all the negative media attention they are receiving.

The game has been out eight days and has already received two patches. The sky isn't falling. They should put a warning on some of these games "Drama Queens must wait at least two months before purchase".

They should put a warning for drama queens, but they want that sweet preorder cash... If they can’t deliver they need to deal with the blowback of their two year marketing campaign and hype train.

The real simple thing here is for people to stop preordering games if they plan to bitch about it later. Like you are giving your money to a company before knowing what you will get. It’s your own fault if it doesn’t turn out well.

Last edited:
More to the point was there any console footage revealed at any time over the last two years?

I actually had no idea they were releasing it on the last gen consoles and just assumed it was PS5 and Series X only.

The game has been out eight days and has already received two patches. The sky isn't falling. They should put a warning on some of these games "Drama Queens must wait at least two months before purchase".

I don't give a shit if its received two patches or fifty patches in eight days, it is unacceptable to release and sell a product in such an appallingly broken state.....whether its EA, Ubisoft, Activision or CDPR. No weak excuses for any of them.

Imagine buying a car and the four tires come later.
You'll turn into a drama queen as well. People have their individual tolerances.

Imagine buying a car and the four tires come later.
You'll turn into a drama queen as well. People have their individual tolerances.
I mean, that's basically Tesla on every new model.

The latest, Model Y, hasn't been awful, but the two people I know with one had the thing in the shop multiple times in the first half year. The one friend who got a Model 3, that thing was a nightmare. Ended up lemon-lawing it.

Last edited:
Bugs and drama aside, CDPR didn't get the "good will" from fans because they released bug free games. They gained their good will because they fixed and supported the games they released.

The Witcher 3 release would have looked the same as CP2077 had it been released in the current clickbait, every one and their mother is a vblogger, pinstagram queen environment.

That is not an excuse for the bugs, and the game should never have been released on prior gen consoles until it was playable.

Last edited:
Maybe a few days before PC gets theirs, but this is still good to see:

PC related stuff starts at 6:34

--

Some important info in this video about making sure each Legendary armor piece you pick up has the maximum mod slots. Most Legendaries can roll with up to 3 mod slots, with the chest piece getting 4. However it seems some unique pieces can roll with 4 no matter which piece they are. For example, the Samuri 2020 Concert T-Shirt. I also have some Nomad pants with 4 slots.

Skip to the 15 min mark for how to get the ridiculous Armor amounts.

Last edited:
Back