Cyberpunk 2077

I don't think it does anything. Unless it takes the settings and changes it elsewhere after you initially set them in the file. Because after I changed it I thought I saw a difference and it seemed like a big difference. But then I went back and retested with the original values nothing changed. Not sure if it works, someone who never did it would have to test before and after, because it doesnt seem to "revert" to default if you change the values back.

If it ends up doing nothing, I'm just going to crank everything else to the moon and set DLSS to performance and play like that.

I listened to the emergency investors call and gathered in order of priority:
- Fix the majority of bugs and all game breaking bugs
- Fix last gen console version (increase fidelity and improve performance to get more in line with other last gen games)
- Repair relationship with customers and regain trust (they said money is no object on fixing the game as well)
- Fix game AI short comings (considered a bug at this point)
- Finish next gen console version (after above is completed)
- Work on Cyberpunk 2077 expansions (2 confirmed)
- Multiplayer (Lowest priority, it may actually get cancelled, but they didn't say that, it is the impression I got) an investor asked if this would be by 2022, and CDPR responded they have no expected time of release currently.

There is no special treatment for refunds, if players past the point that stores limit in playtime there will be no additional refund privilages (I would think that most players would know this after previous launch disasters like NMS, ME:A, FO76, Battlefront 2)
CDPR told one investor they are putting customers above all else. (It will be interesting if this holds true)

I'm about 60 hours into my first playthrough. Yea I no-lifed it so far.
1608132437300.png

I'm enjoying the game a lot right now, but am considering taking a 6 month break after this playthrough is over and seeing what it ends up becoming in the future.
I would expect they do a Cyberpunk 2077 Directors Cut that brings back some of the cut content and rebalance game mechanics. I think this would be a good idea for them to help repair their image.

Last edited:
Anyone who wants to get Skippy, do not return to the owner and do the current theory is to start with puppy love setting, then eventually choose the option for "I dont know" or something along those lines.

The head shot setting only lasts 50 kills if you pick it right off the bat.

Anyone who wants to get Skippy, do not return to the owner and do the current theory is to start with puppy love setting, then eventually choose the option for "I dont know" or something along those lines.

The head shot setting only lasts 50 kills if you pick it right off the bat.
After 55 hours in the game, had to look up what Skippy even was. I enjoy that there are things like this you just have to discover on your own.

I don't think it does anything. Unless it takes the settings and changes it elsewhere after you initially set them in the file. Because after I changed it I thought I saw a difference and it seemed like a big difference. But then I went back and retested with the original values nothing changed. Not sure if it works, someone who never did it would have to test before and after, because it doesnt seem to "revert" to default if you change the values back.
I don't think it boosts fps. It just seems to stabilize it. It lowers the amount of spikes. The game just feels smoother. Doesn't replace my need for a new GPU (whenever those get in stock) but it at least makes it so I'm not throwing up. HAHA! Also, you can revert back by just "re-verifying the files.:

Well, i've reached my personal endgame. Johnny's 930. In proper 930 fashion, it basically wants to kill you. I also got his gun but hell i wanted the car.

View attachment 309551

As someone who's driven one (a '79) I concur. Haven't driven it in the game though as I haven't made it too far in yet. Driving a 996 now, and it can be pretty brutal while still being quite friendly to drive in comparison to the 930 :D

As someone who's driven one (a '79) I concur. Haven't driven it in the game though as I haven't made it too far in yet. Driving a 996 now, and it can be pretty brutal while still being quite friendly to drive in comparison to the 930 :D

Well there is a reason it's one of the models referred to as "the widowmaker" :D

I don't think it boosts fps. It just seems to stabilize it. It lowers the amount of spikes. The game just feels smoother. Doesn't replace my need for a new GPU (whenever those get in stock) but it at least makes it so I'm not throwing up. HAHA! Also, you can revert back by just "re-verifying the files.:
That's actually more of what I need. I'm at 60FPS probably 95% of the time. Then I pan left or right and it gets super choppy. Then it pops back to 60FPS again. On my machines the FPS plummets when panning and especially when there are shitloads of smoke/fog effects. If I walk in a straight line, things look great. It actually reminds me of Assassin's Creed 3 back in the day. It did the same thing when panning around with smoke/fog effects.

So like...are there iconic weapons that you can only get the first time when you do a mission? Like for example, during the "heist" for the chip (not really considering this a spoiler since it's in the trailer), you can get a unique pistol. But as far as I know you never go back to that location again, so if you miss it the first time, is it gone forever?

If so, that is kind of crappy design for a game that is supposed to be so open and expansive.

So like...are there iconic weapons that you can only get the first time when you do a mission? Like for example, during the "heist" for the chip (not really considering this a spoiler since it's in the trailer), you can get a unique pistol. But as far as I know you never go back to that location again, so if you miss it the first time, is it gone forever?

If so, that is kind of crappy design for a game that is supposed to be so open and expansive.

There definitely are things that are like this and I've been complaining in other places about that very aspect. I don't like how if I pick the wrong dialog option at one point, there is an item or collectible that i'll never have access to without starting a whole new game.

There definitely are things that are like this and I've been complaining in other places about that very aspect. I don't like how if I pick the wrong dialog option at one point, there is an item or collectible that i'll never have access to without starting a whole new game.
Yeah, there have been a couple of side jobs like this too, where I either didn't know I was "supposed" to do it a certain way, or it felt like there was literally nothing I could have done but the quest "failed" anyway. I am not really a big fan of that, because for some of the time-based or multi-step quests it's not like you can just revert to a save point 5 minutes ago and redo, you might have to revert back hours of progress to undo it.

Ultimately though, I probably will end up replaying this game with another playstyle (and later down the line when it's patched more) and try to maximize getting all of the unique stuff using a guide. For now I am just trying to enjoy the ride, and so far I am for the most part.

This game is pretty much built to be played through multiple times. It’s why I’m not caring/bothering to do everything like I normally play open world games. There’s just no point, and you’re better off just letting things happen since you’ve got an easy 3 playthroughs.

This game is pretty much built to be played through multiple times. It’s why I’m not caring/bothering to do everything like I normally play open world games. There’s just no point, and you’re better off just letting things happen since you’ve got an easy 3 playthroughs.
Yeah I'm basically doing the same thing and using the first playthrough as the learning experience.

I crafted a legendary smart sniper rifle that shits peeps for 85k+ :D it's endlessly satisfying watching the round curve through the air and splatter heads

The game has it's bugs, but honestly on the PC I think it's perfectly playable. I don't really feel sorry for the console plebs, to be honest.

I keep hearing everyone say 'CD Project has a great track record', etc. None of their prior games were bug free at release either, and none of the prior games, at release, were big console games either. PC has always been their primary platform.

• I've finished the game in about 27 hours. Shorter than I expected, and much shorter than their 170 hours claim. Of course I didn't do all the optional activities. But I only left one main character arc hanging halfway through, I think I've exhausted all others.
  • Bug wise it wasn't that bad, I didn't get any game breaking bugs - No I'm not saying they don't exist, I just got lucky, as I've encountered one literally 10 minutes into my second playthrough.
  • Plenty of other bugs however, but they were far from ruining the experience, the game was enjoyable as is.
  • I don't have much to complain about performance. 2080ti, 3700x 64GB (but you are more than fine with 32 possibly even 16). Played at 3840x1600 everything at ultra, DLSS - Quality, usually averaging about 45 fps, I expected worse.
  • The FPS is pretty consistent, I know it might sound stupid to say but the game feels well optimized on the PC. The bugs I've seen are all asset and ui related
  • I think this game is meant to be played in HDR and with RT, if you aren't you are missing out. It looks stunning this way.
  • The first few hours of the game I did not enjoy that much, it was a bit of a letdown.
  • The best side missions only reveal themselves late in the game, almost at the point of no return. But some of them were really great. Too bad doing side gigs clashes with the narrative urgency of the game, so I did them sparingly.
  • I fully expected to be able to continue side missions after finishing the main story. Sadly that is not the case, when the game ends all you get is the main menu. Of course you can reload your last save before the point of no return but that's just not the same. This is probably the biggest letdown of the game to me. IDK how will the expansions work then? They'll tie into the middle of the game further contradicting the urgency of the main story? But that's a question for another day.
  • I've seen 4 of the possible endings, and hated all of them so much that it killed my determination for a second playthrough.

• I fully expected to be able to continue side missions after finishing the main story. Sadly that is not the case, when the game ends all you get is the main menu. Of course you can reload your last save before the point of no return but that's just not the same. This is probably the biggest letdown of the game to me. IDK how will the expansions work then? They'll tie into the middle of the game further contradicting the urgency of the main story? But that's a question for another day.

So at the end of the ending I chose, you get an option to keep playing which I selected and all my side missions are there and at the stages I left them at.

I had forgotten to finish the Judy questline and was pretty bummed but once the final mission was over and I was back in the game, it just dumbs you right back before the final mission with all your side quests where you left them.

I'm actually super happy it worked out this way since I was able to go and finish the Chippin In quest for Johnny's gun and car and now i'm working on the Judy stuff.

So at the end of the ending I chose, you get an option to keep playing which I selected and all my side missions are there and at the stages I left them at.

I had forgotten to finish the Judy questline and was pretty bummed but once the final mission was over and I was back in the game, it just dumbs you right back before the final mission with all your side quests where you left them.

I'm actually super happy it worked out this way since I was able to go and finish the Chippin In quest for Johnny's gun and car and now i'm working on the Judy stuff.
I did say you can load a save from before the end. That's what the game offers you to do. I feel weird rewinding time. Immersion first to me, I can't get immersed after seeing the end.

I did say you can load a save from before the end. That's what the game offers you to do. I feel weird rewinding time. Immersion first to me, I can't get immersed after seeing the end.

Ok well that's fair I guess. I'm far too invested in just the gameplay and there is plenty more of that to do. I will not rest until the map is clear!

• The best side missions only reveal themselves late in the game, almost at the point of no return. But some of them were really great. Too bad doing side gigs clashes with the narrative urgency of the game, so I did them sparingly.
This cracks me up because as soon as I got outside, I went sprinting past Jackie and I hear him yelling back at me, asking where I was running to in such a hurry and if I had to take a piss or something as he faded into the distance.

I got massively side tracked right out of the gate.

After the first act, I went looking through all my messages and found one from him asking where the fuck I went for so long.

I crafted a legendary smart sniper rifle that shits peeps for 85k+ :D it's endlessly satisfying watching the round curve through the air and splatter heads
How do you get your crafting level up? Do you just have to spam crafting low end items or something, like in Skyrim? Seems like really slow progression since besides consumables you aren't really crafting a whole lot regularly. And even then, there is no reason to craft consumables since you find an overwhelming amount of them in the world anyway.

How do you get your crafting level up? Do you just have to spam crafting low end items or something, like in Skyrim? Seems like really slow progression since besides consumables you aren't really crafting a whole lot regularly. And even then, there is no reason to craft consumables since you find an overwhelming amount of them in the world anyway.
Upgrade shitty white items

Also yeah I literally have like 500+ various healing items. The game absolutely drowns you in them.

Also yeah I literally have like 500+ various healing items. The game absolutely drowns you in them.

Good call, I think I have some white weapons that I might still use, I guess I can just upgrade those. Tons of crafting mats from breaking down consumables and other garbage items that sell for almost nothing. Honestly the balance there is a bit broken, you gain the same amount of materials from a high-end white item as you do a low-end. Seems like it should be based more on actual weapon model or something rather than just the rarity, but oh well. Also, no extra materials from breaking down items with mods as far as I can tell, and you can't replace mods which kind of sucks.

Perk for auto dissemble junk gives you a small amount of xp as you pick up junk items. Also, at least for the psycho quest, on the psycho you can find items that boost your xp in a skill, like 500 xp for blades etc.
Haven't noticed if those drop anywhere else...didn't actually notice until I had done a few already.

Yeah, the healing items is one example of bad game design choices in CP2077. I'm not shitting on the game (I finished it tonight and did enjoy it immensely - I'll write up more on my thoughts later) but there are so many things that are half-assed or make no sense at all. The health items are so plentiful and effective, they probably should have just gone with either a regenerating health system or an estus flask style system where you get a few uses per encounter (that can be changed with perks or special items.) They just turned into a totally senseless item where I could spam it.

The other consumables like food and drink items or the few other medical items I found were also completely pointless. They just became a chore to sell or disassemble to keep my carry weight down.

Basically the game is full of missed potential... but also did a lot of stuff VERY well.

edit: more thoughts...

This game absolutely should have been a third person shooter with traditional third person cutscenes. I applaud CDPR for making a pretty bold decision but I'm 100% sure it would have been better as a TPS. The aesthetic choices for your character really do mean diddly (as many people feared and discussed ad nauseum when they announced it would be first person only.) There is one third person cutscene in the game and it was SO FUCKING NICE to see my character doing something outside of staring into a mirror.

For sure they would have had to redesign some things to make it work as a TPS (some of the interiors are very cramped, those would need to be expanded a little or risk a lot of camera collision issues) but as a whole it would have worked so well. The fact that you pretty much NEED to use third person view when driving is testament to this IMHO.

Last edited:
  • I've finished the game in about 27 hours. Shorter than I expected, and much shorter than their 170 hours claim. Of course I didn't do all the optional activities. But I only left one main character arc hanging halfway through, I think I've exhausted all others.

I took time off for this game. I have 87hrs in as of today, have maybe 70% of the story done (guessing) and no where near the map cleared. I've only just begun to utterly break the game through Crafting, so there is a ton of gameplay left for me.

This game absolutely should have been a third person shooter with traditional third person cutscenes. I applaud CDPR for making a pretty bold decision but I'm 100% sure it would have been better as a TPS. The aesthetic choices for your character really do mean diddly (as many people feared and discussed ad nauseum when they announced it would be first person only.) There is one third person cutscene in the game and it was SO FUCKING NICE to see my character doing something outside of staring into a mirror.

For sure they would have had to redesign some things to make it work as a TPS (some of the interiors are very cramped, those would need to be expanded a little or risk a lot of camera collision issues) but as a whole it would have worked so well. The fact that you pretty much NEED to use third person view when driving is testament to this IMHO.

I honestly prefer it be first-person, but for god's sake, they could at least have made it so you can see yourself in reflections. It works for every other NPC... :rolleyes:

Agree with you about the food though - it seems pointless. Also alcohol seems doubly pointless, I just sell it because it's worth $30 a pop.

I honestly prefer it be first-person, but for god's sake, they could at least have made it so you can see yourself in reflections. It works for every other NPC... :rolleyes:

Agree with you about the food though - it seems pointless. Also alcohol seems doubly pointless, I just sell it because it's worth $30 a pop.

I used to sell alcohol but now I break it down for scraps, I don't know how it works without investing perk points but the materials can make far more money through crafting (and I don't even have the perks for higher sale prices on crafted goods, just the ones that increase the amount of mats you get for disassembling and decrease amount required to craft). Really wish you could craft more than 1 thing at a time though. I made a simple left click mouse macro for crafting sessions. Now if I could just find a legendary tech shotgun, starting to think they don't exist.

Back