Cyberpunk 2077

photomode_14122020_181041.png

CDPR apologizes for some of Cyberpunk 2077's launch woes, promises regular updates and improvements

View attachment 308962
This is some bait and switch BS.

They knew full well exactly what they were and were not showing. Hell, the One X driving sequences which they did show-----were driving very slowly, in a strait line. Which was absolutely done to hide frame rate dips. They didn't show the base consoles, because the game running on those was an unshowable mess. They also made streamers and reviewers agree to not show any base console (and other versions) footage, until after release. Reviewers could not even talk about the base console version, until release. The PC version was the only version allowed for public review, before release. It was a concerted effort to hide from us the poor state of the game.

And they also know full well that most retailers/etailers would have to make a special case scenario to refund an opened and played game/downloaded and played game. In other words, most people won't be getting refunds. CDPR gets to keep your money, but say they tried to help you. Sony and MS have already been resisting refunds, based on their regular refund policy.

*also seeing reports of denials from physical stores, such as Target. Likely a YMMV based on management at each individual location.

Last edited:
slight spoiler but cool easter egg

I came across a mission where I needed to pick up a car from a Russian guy who was complaining about a hit man who had a dog. "What kinda hit man has a dog?"

Few bugs for me a little over thirty hours in. Nothing game breaking.
Enjoying the game a lot. With the cost of some of the legendary items out there I feel like it will be another thirty hours before I can afford one.

I came across a mission where I needed to pick up a car from a Russian guy who was complaining about a hit man who had a dog. "What kinda hit man has a dog?"

Few bugs for me a little over thirty hours in. Nothing game breaking.
Enjoying the game a lot. With the cost of some of the legendary items out there I feel like it will be another thirty hours before I can afford one.

I just finished the campaign after 46 hours and they're still too expensive. You get quite a few just playing so I'm content for now. I'm sure there will be guided up eventually of not already listing were certain ones drop.

If they ever added VR support to this game, maybe a year down the road, I wouldn't necessarily say no.
I mean, considering how it performs now...I suspect you would need a supercomputer to run it in VR at more than potato graphics.

If you bought the Xbox version of the game at Amazon and aren’t happy with it they will give you a full refund if you contact support. They did for me today. I’ll be shipping it back tomorrow and will pick up the PC version after it has some time for patching.

Wow that’s cool.

a few questions/observations

1. so far I’ve found that there is not much value in upgrading weapons or armor, since I keep finding new drops that improve the gear I have in nearly every mission. Is this your observation as well?

2. I wish the game had a mechanism similar to Borderlands where I can favorite certain gear and make it easier to sell everything but things that I have marked as favorite.

3. are the various NCPD, side gig and other optional content randomly generated or can a completionist Address all of it?

Ok, so I’m playing @ 1440p with everything on Ultra and all the Ray Tracing on ultra. DLSS is set to performance. I’m on a 2080 super. Performance feels great BUT

Why the fook does my game look kinda washed up and blurry? ( not motion blur or anything, I turn that crap off ) If that makes any sense. It just seems soo much more crisp on YouTube reviews and what not.

What am I missing here? Or what do I need to turn off ?

Ok, so I’m playing @ 1440p with everything on Ultra and all the Ray Tracing on ultra. DLSS is set to performance. I’m on a 2080 super. Performance feels great BUT

Why the fook does my game look kinda washed up and blurry? ( not motion blur or anything, I turn that crap off ) If that makes any sense. It just seems soo much more crisp on YouTube reviews and what not.

What am I missing here? Or what do I need to turn off ?
it's DLSS. Keep it at balanced or quality... but you're gonna feel the hit on your frames bad.

3. are the various NCPD, side gig and other optional content randomly generated or can a completionist Address all of it?

If I had to make an educated guess, the blue icon stuff (reported crimes, criminal activity, etc.) is randomly generated and infinite (?), but the yellow stuff (side jobs, gigs, etc.) is not.

Tech snipers + ping are a sight to behold

Yeah...it's a bit OP, I crafted an uncommon tech sniper and it can one-shot basically anyone if you get a headshot. Through objects, as you see in that video.

Yeah...it's a bit OP, I crafted an uncommon tech sniper and it can one-shot basically anyone if you get a headshot. Through objects, as you see in that video.
Every streamer has been using that.
Kinda takes some of the nuance out of gun fights when you wallhack headshot them thru walls.

Cdpr needs to expand the “Pound Town” concept into missions like bone every npc behind a dumpster, or in a car on the way to a mission.

Wow that’s cool.

1. so far I’ve found that there is not much value in upgrading weapons or armor, since I keep finding new drops that improve the gear I have in nearly every mission. Is this your observation as well?
In my experience, I'm not finding an abundance of "Amazing weapons" over and over again to the point upgrading is entirely useless. I'm looking for purple or gold guns, and an occasional blue.

While blue weapons drop frequently enough in general, these should obviously be the absolute lowest tier of weapons you're using.

However, since they drop so periodically, no I wouldn't upgrade them as you said they can be easily replaced.

Purple and Gold Weapons/Armor do not drop every few minutes like the blues and under do. So only upgrade when they're purple and gold, as they have significantly more damage.

Speaking of the devil - I can't be the only one on here who's been using the Lizzie Handgun still from the very beginning? It's easily still the best handgun I've seen in the game(level 23 now). Only recently have I found another purple handgun within it's DPS, but it was still lower.

I suspect myself to finally be replacing the Lizzie soon (And yes, I've upgraded it several times)

It's really crazy how many different environments there are. One minute I'm in a skyrise, the next in a desert wasteland.

Tech snipers + ping are a sight to behold

Haven't tried one of those yet. Looks fun.

When I go up againt "Very Dangerous" enemies, I use the rocket arms + tranquilizers since I'm doing a non-lethal run, and they are currently bugged or OP as can be. I hit take down on any enemy that isn't a Story Boss.

This gen console still looks poor. It just runs smoothly while looking poor instead of both running poorly and looking poor on last gen consoles. (Based on my Xbox series X experience and 8 hours into the game).

I looked up return policy on Amazon for a used game. Says must be unopened to be returned for a full refund. Opened game copies can have as much as a 100% restocking fee. ??? Not sure what’s really most common here. I tried to look up others experiences on the restocking fee on the web, but didn’t see any recent guidance or feedback. I’ll probably just sell my copy locally on Facebook market place for $40 and rebuy it on PC later. This game will be better on PC for several reasons. Mouse and Keyboard for aiming (thumb sticks aren’t my cup o’ tea), Ultrawide resolution (after playing everything ultra wide for a few years on my Dell 34” Alienware, a 116” 16x9 projector image seems narrow! And PC has the best graphics options.

EDIT
I contacted Amazon via chat. I showed them the CD Projekt Red notice to Xbox/console game disk owners. The CSR said they would give me a full refund on my opened game, and pay return shipping. Amazon customer service is still second to none.

I don't understand it. They delayed the game over a month ago and specifically said it was to make the older console versions better. Now they are saying that "we should have paid more attention to making it play better on PS4 and Xbox One." No way they didn't know... Were they just worried of the potential backlash if they were to announce the game's potential delay again so they just did a hail Mary and threw the game out there and just thought it would be better releasing in the state it was in rather than saying "Hey sorry guys, but we have to delay the game again until February."

Remember the last time they delayed the game and they had death threats sent their way, and everyone was memeing the shit out of the game that it'll release in 2077 and all this shit? It feels like CDPR was damned if they did release and damned it they didn't. I fucking hate the modern gaming community to be honest... bunch of whiney little turds... instead of bitching about a game delay and acting like psychopaths sending death threats to video game developers... people can't respect a developer wanting to take their time in creating a worthwhile game. I get CDPR has had plenty of time, but who gives a shit what people think? CDPR is one of the few developers out there who had good "street cred" with gamers in that they created a quality game in Witcher 3, and supported it with free content and worthwhile DLC... Now because they were feeling the pressure from the entire gaming community and after numerous delays I bet they were not willing to delay the game again in fear of what would happen... so it's either get shit on for delaying your game for the umpteenth time, or you release a game that plays like shit on last-gen consoles and just take the fallout on the chin and release your planned free updates and DLC to try to win the community back in time kind of how Hello Games did with No Man's Sky.

Like most else here I would not have given a damn if they delayed 2077 again b/c it's not like I don't have anything to play... all of our backlogs are endless...

tk31x7iah8561.jpg

Wow that’s cool.

A completionist can definitely address it all... there are even achievements for completing all gigs/NCPD scanner missions in each neighborhood.

Anyone seen any comparisons of strictly CPU performance on Cyberpunk with say a 3080 or 3090 and a host of different CPUs. I suspect there will be very little difference and that’s the point I’d like to convey to a friend objectively with some data in a review. He has a i5 8600k and is thinking he’ll need to upgrade CPUs to play it. He games at 4K on a LG OLED and has a 3080. I expect he won’t see much difference if he upgrades CPU because the GPU is typically the bottleneck at 4K, but haven’t found any recent benchmark data to confirm.

This is some bait and switch BS.

They knew full well exactly what they were and were not showing. Hell, the One X driving sequences which they did show-----were driving very slowly, in a strait line. Which was absolutely done to hide frame rate dips. They didn't show the base consoles, because the game running on those was an unshowable mess. They also made streamers and reviewers agree to not show any base console (and other versions) footage, until after release. Reviewers could not even talk about the base console version, until release. The PC version was the only version allowed for public review, before release. It was a concerted effort to hide from us the poor state of the game.

And they also know full well that most retailers/etailers would have to make a special case scenario to refund an opened and played game/downloaded and played game. In other words, most people won't be getting refunds. CDPR gets to keep your money, but say they tried to help you. Sony and MS have already been resisting refunds, based on their regular refund policy.

*also seeing reports of denials from physical stores, such as Target. Likely a YMMV based on management at each individual location.

I am not trying to excuse any of this but let me ask: Sadly, isn't a lot of what you described here more or less par for the course by and large?

it's the same deal with the street racing side quests... their AI is so bad they literally don't actually even race behind you, the icons just stay on the mini map behind you. they're completely invisible/not "real" until you look behind you, THEN they spawn in and suddenly start crashing into each other and missing turns (which is obviously why CDPR took the shortcut of just not actually spawning them otherwise.) pretty lame.

One thing that I'm learning after completing the main story is make sure you finish Panam, River and Judy's side quests entirely.

I did Panam and River, however I feel like Judy's side quest was stuck in one of those "Wait for Judy to do x" places for two days of my IRL playtime so I just forgot about it. When I got to the point of no return before the final mission, I was pretty sure I had done anything that mattered and I guess not.

Still though, after reading up on the endings after I completed mine, I seemed to have just lucked into what some are considering the "best ending" so that's pretty cool.

Last edited:
When the fuck does the Human Nature quest finally 'finish' and you get your original car back? I've done the 'Tune Up' quest and visited the AI cab driver, etc. Is this thing just bugged?

That doesn’t answer my question.

WHEN did you get it back?
Not sure how it works, but I advanced the main story a few missions and did some side quests...and Delamin finally calls you stating it is ready and to come get it. But I keep using the bike.

Is there any real reason to go non-lethal? There are options for it but I haven't seen a tangible benefit to doing so.
There's a side-quest line with super-psychos or something that require non-lethal takedowns. You get some pretty good loot from each one.

Other than that? No idea.

That doesn’t answer my question.

WHEN did you get it back?

Some one peed in your coffee!

I got the car back after a good while, I got the bike and ran a dozen or more side jobs around there, and progressed the main story by a few missions, then I got called by Delamin.

Back