Cyberpunk 2077

idk...I can't tell a difference between Ray Tracing off and on in the below screenshot. I've been turning it off and on for a while now kinda shrugging my shoulders and not really seeing the difference. This is at 3440x1440 no DLSS, when ray tracing is on, it is set to maximum settings. For ray tracing to be on - I have to use DLSS quality, and even then the frame rate doesnt break 70fps, with ray tracing off I see fps between 75 and 100fps.

First screenshot is RT off, second is RT on. 45fps drop on a 3090 at 3440x1440...DLSS is off in both screenshots.

View attachment 308714

View attachment 308715
I did these same tests in Control and Metro Exodus. I couldn't really see the difference either unless I was looking at very specific things. The lightmaps that are used without ray tracing are especially good these days and unless you have a very critical eye - you won't even see the difference. Things like looking in glass reelections and such should help you notice the difference. There are videos out on youtube to show you where to look to see the difference, things like in shadows, or at the 'roof' of an overpass, etc, where ambient light bounces up from other sources that wouldn't be there in rasterized methods - but it's pretty subtle, IMO.

I did these same tests in Control and Metro Exodus. I couldn't really see the difference either unless I was looking at very specific things. The lightmaps that are used without ray tracing are especially good these days and unless you have a very critical eye - you won't even see the difference. Things like looking in glass reelections and such should help you notice the difference. There are videos out on youtube to show you where to look to see the difference, things like in shadows, or at the 'roof' of an overpass, etc, where ambient light bounces up from other sources that wouldn't be there in rasterized methods - but it's pretty subtle, IMO.

Found an area to really show the difference. My god that FPS loss. Bare in mind this is on a 3090 at 3440x1440 with DLSS off, all other in-game settings maxed. First shot is RTX off, second is on...I tried DLSS ultra performance, it raised the frame rate to 40...Note the GPU clock speed, pretty much top tier RTX 3090. Sure the RTX screenshot looks amazing, but thats a 54fps drop...

a0JKual.jpg

mTsmzVg.jpg

Raytracing is only noticeable in certain areas. The game was largely built with baked shaders before raytracing was added, so most of it won’t look much different. It’s only noticeable in those areas where less time was spent building out the baked lightmaps.

Raytracing is only noticeable in certain areas. The game was largely built with baked shaders before raytracing was added, so most of it won’t look much different. It’s only noticeable in those areas where less time was spent building out the baked lightmaps.

RT Reflections are fairly noticeable in the city as they make more surfaces reflect the scenery, though not having V reflect in anything feels weird.

RT Reflections are fairly noticeable in the city as they make more surfaces reflect the scenery, though not having V reflect in anything feels weird.
I hope they make V reflect sometime in the future, it's one of those annoyances that break immersion.

It’s just too taxing with current hardware. It’s partially how they can get RT to run at all on current hardware, most dynamic objects are tagged as not being part of the calculations.

so folks with 1080 TIs (11gig versions)

Will this run with maxed out graphics at 1080p at an acceptable framerate?

Those shorts are currently the highest armor piece I have for lower body right now. Still can’t bring myself to put them on my guy. Which is stupid because you rarely even see yourself in this game...I just can’t go around Night City acting like a badass in daisy dukes.

Nothing says armor better than exposed flesh!

Do yourselves a favor: Technical, Crafting, unlock scrapper ASAP. Basically you can be a vacuum cleaner and it automatically breaks down junk for you. Easy points, easy everything.

I would highly recommend AGAINST doing this. Some junk items can be worth upwards of $1000, and it will just break them down automatically without any regard for the value.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I would highly recommend AGAINST doing this. Some junk items can be worth upwards of $1000, and it will just break them down automatically without any regard for the value.

Maybe.. i feel like i'm getting tons of money with these never ending side missions to have to worry about it.

I think crafting will become more important than cash in mid / late game. Cash is helpful at the start but it's also abundant anyway.

Those shorts are currently the highest armor piece I have for lower body right now. Still can’t bring myself to put them on my guy. Which is stupid because you rarely even see yourself in this game...I just can’t go around Night City acting like a badass in daisy dukes.
I posted earlier in the thread but; you can just keep upgrading whatever piece of clothing you want. You're not 'forced' to wear anything stupid.

Shame they couldn't get Patrick Swayze in the game for some other major role. Would have been perfect to compliment Johnny Utah.

I posted earlier in the thread but; you can just keep upgrading whatever piece of clothing you want. You're not 'forced' to wear anything stupid.
Yeah I just haven’t been deconstructing junk so I have very view resources for upgrading and crafting at the moment.

Maybe.. i feel like i'm getting tons of money with these never ending side missions to have to worry about it.
I think crafting will become more important than cash in mid / late game. Cash is helpful at the start but it's also abundant anyway.

Possibly, but a lot of the cyberware and vehicles are super expensive, and junk isn't going to give you a whole lot in terms of crafting mats, other than common stuff.

Sniper rifles are super OP when used with the hacking mode to slow down time then quick scoping headshots.

I run 2k with almost everything on high/ultra with exception to a couple shadow options turned those to medium. I get a fluid 38-50fps. Looks beautiful. I would imagine a 1080P for +144fps wouldn’t be that difficult to tweak around.

I run 2k with almost everything on high/ultra with exception to a couple shadow options turned those to medium. I get a fluid 38-50fps. Looks beautiful. I would imagine a 1080P for +144fps wouldn’t be that difficult to tweak around.

60hz monitor. I want 60 or close to it at max settings or at least a compeltely fluid FPS without massive dips.

Hard to say what's acceptable for you. I run 1440p and do a solid mix of high settings and with the amd "fix" my fps has improved enough to where I can run those settings with high density crowds and max textures with occasional dips below 40, particularly in the crowded markets. I don't think this game needs a high framerate to be enjoyed, just a smooth one.

Hard to say what's acceptable for you. I run 1440p and do a solid mix of high settings and with the amd "fix" my fps has improved enough to where I can run those settings with high density crowds and max textures with occasional dips below 40, particularly in the crowded markets. I don't think this game needs a high framerate to be enjoyed, just a smooth one.

Is the Amd fiz the same fix mentioned on a previous page?

60hz monitor. I want 60 or close to it at max settings or at least a compeltely fluid FPS without massive dips.
check this, they dont have a 1080 ti but they have a 2070 super which is what I have and I think very similar to a 1080 ti and their numbers match what I get.

like this
Combat sucked in this game until I realized any battle/precision rifle, light/submachine gun and most shotguns are underpowered and needs to be patched.

My loadout is currently:
Pistol
Sniper
Katana

Just find the most powerful for each and you'll make quick work of enemies.

Last edited:
like this
Is the Amd fiz the same fix mentioned on a previous page?
Yes. I didn't expect any improvement but it helped me out a lot. Ultimately, I'll likely go back to the settings I was using before just to up the minimum frame rate.

For reference my cpu usage was all over the place with the heaviest load consistently being on core 3 and a range of up to 60% load difference from one core to another. Now they're all around 45-50% or something.

I like how I can make a tech sniper rifle non-lethal. A hot rail slug tearing through 20 feet of concrete and slamming directly into someone's noggin just knocks them out.

Then again, apparently literally lighting someone on fire with a quickhack is considered non-lethal as well...

Speaking of quickhacks, I honestly forget about the guns most of the time, I start every encounter in stealth and basically quickhack my way through all of them via security cams while hiding in a corner. Its crazy how powerful it can be.

Reactions: Parja
like this
Speaking of quickhacks, I honestly forget about the guns most of the time, I start every encounter in stealth and basically quickhack my way through all of them via security cams while hiding in a corner. Its crazy how powerful it can be.

Yeah it's totally ridiculous. If you get control of a camera system, you've pretty much wiped the building out.

The fire and poison ones are crazy.

I wish there was more depth in the npcs so I could trigger responses.
Id like to walk around with no pants on doing stuff to drinks until I get banned from every bar in NC.

Just walking around, I agree, it's not like GTA 5 or RDR 2.

That being said, when you're in missions they did a good job with the crowds/NPC's and a lot of the reactions. They don't just stand there not doing anything, they actually are part of the scene.

I wish dismantling items could be done without going to my inventory.

Back