Cyberpunk 2077

Fell about 4 stories off a building I managed to climb up.

Except instead of dying, I apparently managed to land on top of some poor bastard, kill him instantly, and immediately draw the ire of the police who saw this and promptly opened fire.

This game is a marvel

I just picked this up today. They actually released a patch before I played for the first time, so yea...

For those who haven't considered trying it and are running an Nvidia card and have GeForce Experience. Go to the games tab and "optimize" the settings for the game and go from there. Maybe make a few tweaks to suit your preferences, it is probably a good starting point rather than putting everything on max settings and complaining that it runs like hot garbage. This is a true next gen game from what I have seen so far, the phrase, "Can it run Crisis?" comes to mind and I'm happy to see something that can push even the most top end hardware.

Using the optimized Geforce experience settings, I ended up with almost always 60-70 FPS, the odd dip down into the 50s, but honestly it felt quite smooth and nice. At some point in the future I'll probably play around with upping detail settings and seeing the difference but it looks VERY nice using the Geforce Experience recommended settings.

I plan to upgrade my computer when the Ryzen 5000 series CPUs become available for purchase, this game pegs my CPU at ~100%, but honestly it isn't causing any crazy stuttering or anything. Now my i7 6700k is OC'd to 4.6Ghz, so I guess that helps a bit, plus I splurged on an EVGA FTW3 Ultra Gaming RTX 3090 and I don't regret it, it seems to be a perfect match for CyberPunk 2077. :)

My game playing experience is basically the first main mission to the point where I go to my Apartment, so my experience is limited, but so far it has been super playable, enjoyable and honestly I am not disappointed with how this looks at 4K with HDR with the Geforce Experience Optimized settings.
Turning down the crowd size in gameplay significantly helped my poor 6700k. Not really sure why it's so brutally heavy on CPU, but I'll take 60 fps over barely 40 in parts of the city.

The game is great. Medium settings and high textures, the game looks great. Stays above 70fps avg, never goes below 60fps on a RTX 2060S 3440x1440 stock clocks.
Only things that annoy me are no walk button, no defined game menu button for keyboard (only menu shortcuts work), had to turn down the audio quality to stop the cracking, and the combat is confusing.

I wished I started on an easier setting because the enemies only become bullet sponges on hard and it makes learning the combat difficult.
Trying to taking on bounties with limited abilities is next to impossible.

I don’t think this game is my kind of thing.
Too story driven.
Yeah, I can understand this. I need to play this for 2 or so hours at a time before I need to get up and digest whatever lore was just spewed at me.

This is coming from someone who didn't watch any pre-vids or read any comics or whatever. Just went in 100% fresh. It's a lot to take in.

I wonder if I am the only one that palns on waiting for 4080 Ti before playing this game. Plan on getting 3080 / Ti in Spring or sooner if available but I highly doubt I will be able to run this game 60+ fps at 4K with max settings and max ray tracing and quality DLSS with currently available hardware.

I wonder if I am the only one that palns on waiting for 4080 Ti before playing this game. Plan on getting 3080 / Ti in Spring or sooner if available but I highly doubt I will be able to run this game 60+ fps at 4K with max settings and max ray tracing and quality DLSS with currently available hardware.
Seeing the current state of this game, I'm probably with you on that. Frankly, I may never play cp2077.
I mean I still only have like 10 hours in witcher 3. Barely touched it.

The things I gotta wear for street cred

streetcred.png

The things I gotta wear for street cred

View attachment 308331

Honestly, I'm really thankful this game is fpp and you almost never see yourself, because the "armor" in this game is usually hideous. And if you equip based on stats over looks, you'll spend the entire game looking like a dipshit.

AC Odyssey got armor loot right. Being able to change the visual appearenc of an armor piece to an any other piece youve previously acquired was a great idea. That needs to come to 2077. Would love to see the option to hide Headwear too. If cdpr doesnt fix this, hopefully modders do.

At 1440p with rt and dlss off. My 5600x is at 32%. The 2080 super is at 97%. Just fyi. Oh and fps is 70+. Have yet to see it dip below that.

As of the new patch today my performance has gotten worse, and I wasn't minding the performance prior to it. Now? Missions are getting stuck or extremely delayed on my end and I'm feeling a bit off choppiness from time to time.
Ok, I'm not the only one.

I feel like I can't find performance settings I'm happy with.
One minute it'll seem like I'm there, and then I enter a new area or room and everything gets cut in half. I wouldn't mind it as much if it wasn't amplified every time I started looking around, too.
I'm half tempted to just say "screw it" and either max everything out and settle for 30fps or turn everything way down (including RTX) to finally stay at 60.

I feel like I can't find performance settings I'm happy with.
One minute it'll seem like I'm there, and then I enter a new area or room and everything gets cut in half. I wouldn't mind it as much if it wasn't amplified every time I started looking around, too.
I'm half tempted to just say "screw it" and either max everything out and settle for 30fps or turn everything way down (including RTX) to finally stay at 60.
If you want try these out, I've been pretty happy with it the past 20 hours of play at 4K. Yea no RT Shadows, but I felt it was a good trade off. Only thing I wish I could do is run DLSS Quality, but that will have to wait til either the game is more optimized or next gen cards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.12 - 10.12.43.83.pngCyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.12 - 10.12.53.74.pngCyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.12 - 10.13.01.97.png

If you want try these out, I've been pretty happy with it the past 20 hours of play at 4K. Yea no RT Shadows, but I felt it was a good trade off. Only thing I wish I could do is run DLSS Quality, but that will have to wait til either the game is more optimized or next gen cards.

View attachment 308353View attachment 308355View attachment 308357

I'll give 'em a shot! I'm super particular with FPS going up and down and that's been my biggest issue. I feel like no matter what I try, I can't hard lock anything at 60. Yet cranking literally everything to the moon does pulls right at 30fps almost perfectly. I don't like 30fps, but I'd kinda rather have that than some random framerate between 45 and 60 that changes every other room.

I'll give 'em a shot! I'm super particular with FPS going up and down and that's been my biggest issue. I feel like no matter what I try, I can't hard lock anything at 60. Yet cranking literally everything to the moon does pulls right at 30fps almost perfectly. I don't like 30fps, but I'd kinda rather have that than some random framerate between 45 and 60 that changes every other room.
If this doesn't work for you turn SSR to Ultra, then turn off RTX Lighting, personally I think the non-RTX lighting looks really good, it's just RTX Lighting gets rid of some LOD flicking, not sure why.

If this doesn't work for you turn SSR to Ultra, then turn off RTX Lighting, personally I think the non-RTX lighting looks really good, it's just RTX Lighting gets rid of some LOD flicking, not sure why.

Actually, these settings do seem to be pretty solid. I'm guessing that RT shadows could be some of what was giving me issues. I played around for 5'ish minutes and these settings seem like they'll probably work. Cheers!

Honestly, I'm really thankful this game is fpp and you almost never see yourself, because the "armor" in this game is usually hideous. And if you equip based on stats over looks, you'll spend the entire game looking like a dipshit.

AC Odyssey got armor loot right. Being able to change the visual appearenc of an armor piece to an any other piece youve previously acquired was a great idea. That needs to come to 2077. Would love to see the option to hide Headwear too. If cdpr doesnt fix this, hopefully modders do.
If you find a weapon/armor that you like, you can upgrade it continuously throughout the game so it levels with you.

But I do agree, the majority of the stuff looks awful. You just don't need to wear any of it.

I think I'm going with DLSS ultra performance even with the visual glitches it comes with. At least until I can grab a 30 series card. It just plays soooo much better than the 35-40 fps mess I'm getting with DLSS quality.

I'm enjoying this one a lot so far. One thing I find interesting is that in most of these open world games I always get irritated when it's dark out. Hard to see and landscapes look so much better in the daytime.

Here the night aesthetic is amazing. The neon lights, smoke billowing out everywhere. It really looks amazing.

After 25 hours of playing the game, I am definitely enjoying it, but I don't think this lives up to all the hype. The game runs well enough for me and while I have experienced several of the common bugs, nothing has been game breaking so far. The character customization is underwhelming for this type of game. The graphics and level of detail are very nice, but that's where it kinda ends to me. The world seems alive, but all the NPC's just wander around aimlessly. There is really no interaction with the world NPC's at all except for vendors or limited interactable ones for mission-related stuff. The NPC's also don't really react much at all to your actions in-game; they simply run away or cower in place if you draw your weapon in public. The world NPCs are definitely a downgrade compared to GTA in my opinion. The game's story so far is good, and there are lots of world missions to provide unique experiences. The dialog options are fine, but I find that the main quest doesn't' really give you many options in their outcomes. You may try to influence the direction through the dialog but in the end, the outcomes feel like they are locked-in. I will finish a full playthrough, but then probably shelve this until more gameplay is released or the game becomes heavily modded. For those sitting on the fence, I would recommend waiting to pick this up unless you have nothing else to play.

Yeah, I can understand this. I need to play this for 2 or so hours at a time before I need to get up and digest whatever lore was just spewed at me.

This is coming from someone who didn't watch any pre-vids or read any comics or whatever. Just went in 100% fresh. It's a lot to take in.
It’s a lot like watching a Marvel or DC movie in theater and not reacting to inside jokes or references like most of the crowd.

Then what is the point of G Sync at all, if you are not going to let it do its job? I have two machine with 144hz Freesync monitors and this game and others run really smooth, because of the Freesync.

Reactions: Parja
like this
I'm terrible with aiming the gun...any suggestions? It's killing the game for me. Oh. PS5, controller.

Last edited:
I'm terrible with aiming the gun...any suggestions? It's killing the game for me. Oh. PS5, controller.
Dump points into Cool, buy a revolver, put silencer on it. Take your time 1 clicking people in the face because the AI has no fucking clue what's going on as their heads explode.

Starting the mission "Lightning Break" where you get into the truck in the garage with Panam, my game goes to load the mission pulling out of the garage, screen goes black and the data loading bar moves really slowly then locks up. Loading animation still spinning......

Perhaps others have noticed this, but after the patch I noticed the UI seemed extremely dark/dull for me. I realized in the HDR settings that there is a separate target nits for the UI (nice!) that was set to 100; for my eyes and setting that was far too low and bumping it up gave me a much brighter and usable UI for inventory, etc. I'm fairly certain it was set to 100 before, and I *think* it was not an issue pre-patch, which had me wondering if the setting wasn't working in HDR before 1.04.

In any case if your screen is too dark when managing inventory and going through the skills tree, take a look here.

All my HDR stuff is set to default, including the max nits in game as that was close enough to my own display's max nits.

Generally, if you're seeing something too bright/too dark it's because your display has some weird adjustment outside of the baseline, or you messed with the correction factor in the game.

On a properly calibrated HDR display from the factory, you really don't need to be touching anything, outside of matching the nits to your own display.

That, or you have a quote 'HDR' display with such a low nits rating / contrast ratio that you really shouldn't bother using HDR because you don't have the range needed. All of these 600 nits displays I see on the market are a complete marketing gimmick.

Sorry I think you misunderstood. HDR works fine on my system. I was pointing out the existence of a target nits setting for UI elements for those that didn’t know about it, and a possible change in behavior with the patch.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Back