Cyberpunk 2077

Everything I've read about the game makes it seem like it cold use another 6-12 months of work, seems like a lot of features were cut, there's a lot of bugs, and the AI is really bad. That's kind of disappointing, considering how good RDR 2's AI is, I was expecting this to come close to matching it that. I'll probably try and hold off until the first couple patches come out and then give it a run. Plenty of other games to play in the mean while.
There are so many issues with AI that it's hard to imagine it ever truly being "fixed." I'm sure it can be improved, but trying to stealth most of the time is ridiculously broken, clunky and unpredictable. You know how there are those games where stealth was added as an afterthought to combat gameplay and it just sucks and nobody uses it after they realize it? Yeah, this is like the ultimate example of that.

does anyone know what quick hack components are for? whenever you hack one of those hubs where you have to find the correct sequence, you get a bunch of those in various qualities but so far, i havent really had any use for them?

It's used in creating/upgrading quick hand components after you invest in quickhand crafting under Int -> quickhands

There are so many issues with AI that it's hard to imagine it ever truly being "fixed." I'm sure it can be improved, but trying to stealth most of the time is ridiculously broken, clunky and unpredictable. You know how there are those games where stealth was added as an afterthought to combat gameplay and it just sucks and nobody uses it after they realize it? Yeah, this is like the ultimate example of that.
Please, show us on the doll where CDPR and CP2077 touched you.

agreed. I can see the difference between medium and ultra but you have to look for the changes. its not night and day.

Also, I just tried out dlss for the first time ever on the quality setting. I went from 70 fps to 100 on the medium preset. and 45 fps to 75 with the ultra preset. I'm impressed. my cpu usage went from 75% with dlss off to 95% with it on. I'll have to see if that causes problems during gameplay.

here are some comparison screenshots, you'll have to click on the images then copy and paste the url of the blank page, no idea whats going on.

medium preset dlss off:
medium preset dlss on quality:
ultra preset dlss off:
ultra preset dlss on quality:

You can upload screenshots directly to the forum. And it would be great if you did. Because, its a real pain to use imgur for image comparisons.

B461590D-E70A-47E8-92CC-9047F384D69A.jpeg

This game is really pushing my 2080ti

Hopefully missing HUD elements, objects + npcs sticking in view, and mission elements breaking get addressed.
I’d be way more into this game if you could deep dive just being an utter scumbag living the augment chase lifestyle, corpie ladder climber, or anarchist nomad where you destroy the city.

Hot fix 1.04

New hotfix to Cyberpunk 2077 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC. For Xbox systems, we are working to have the update out as soon as possible. Here is the list of changes:
Quests
  • Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
  • Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
  • Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
  • Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
  • Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
  • Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
  • Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
  • Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M'ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
  • Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
  • Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
  • Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
  • Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
  • Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
  • Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
  • Other quest fixes
Gameplay
  • Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.
Visual
  • Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
  • Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
  • Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.
Performance & Stability
  • Improved stability, including various crash fixes.
Miscellaneous
  • Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
  • Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with "Disable Copyrighted Music" feature toggled on.
PC-specific
  • Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.
Console-specific
  • Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
  • Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
  • Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.

Working all day today - any one see an improvement with this patch?

I did notice one or two of the patch notes that I've noticed in game. The vehicle pop ins was pretty bad at a distance.
Not even a distance. Anything outside your field of view it seems, sometimes.

Turn around and occasionally you'll catch a whiff of N64 cars for a second or two.

The streaming in general in this game seems SUPER aggressive sometimes. Look away from a pedestrian or vehicle for like 5 seconds then turn back and occasionally they're completely different. Bizarre.

Nice getting a patch on Friday when I can finally dig DEEP into this thing!

Now, if only I could find a tweak guide that wasn't just copy-paste garbage-time clickbait.....

Reactions: w35t
like this
View attachment 308197

That's def one way to "handle" it.. (y)
LOL.. the 5820k was dated anyway and my psu is probably nearing a decade old, felt like the only way to get a 3080 as well, plus it's the asus tuf model which I really like. I'm pretty happy so far other than the case but yeah, didn't wake up planning on dropping about $3500.

my point was that the delays were mainly to satisfy Nvidia (AMD as well to a lesser extent) in terms of launching the new GPU's...sure they fixed some more bugs in that time but I can't see how this game could be much worse 8 months ago after 7 years of development...today the game is still buggy as hell...Fallout New Vegas looks like a great release compared to this (genitals hanging out of clothing, physics, textures etc)

of course there's always the same 2-3 people who will say the game runs great and they haven't seen any bugs or performance issues

I don't buy for a second that Nvidia or AMD had anything to do with the initial delays. The game was supposed to come out 8 months ago. Neither Nvidia or AMD have enough pull to make CDPR delay one of the biggest gaming releases of all time for 8 months. Nevermind the fact that back in spring, Nvidia launched a Cyberpunk 2080ti, a parnership that would have taken a few months to orchestrate, no doubt intended to coinside with the games original release date. Why would Nvidia do that if they were secretly trying to force CDPR to delay the game.

After that first delay, we saw tons of articles about crunch over at cdpr. 6 day work weeks. Manditory overtime. You don't do that if your delay is because the GPU mfgs want your game delayed. You do that because your game is not where it should be and it's crunch or miss your 2020 release entirely and seriously piss off fans and shareholders alike.

I've seen some talk of Nvidia pushing for a delay because there were performance problems. I can believe that the final 3 week delay was because of that. That makes sense, especially when we see the split of pre orders that were pc, and nvidias marketshare... That means a lot of Nvidia gpus to cater to. I'll buy that all day long. But thinking this game would have been the same 8... Eight! Months ago, and all these delays were the will of Nvidia... No way man. Not a chance.

So...is the game any good. Or just another glorified tech demo like Crysis?

on the Krenum "I hate things people like to be edgy" scale, it's definitely a "this game fucking sucks" out of 10
No no, I'm genuinely curious, because Crysis was a turd, despite having good looking graphics.

So the game fucking sucks, well, I'm not surprised.

No no, I'm genuinely curious, because Crysis was a turd, despite having good looking graphics.

So the game fucking sucks, well, I'm not surprised.

Asking if the game sucks or not will obviously get a subjective answer.

In my perspective - I think this game has its definite ups and downs. While this is Hardforum, I expected most of us to talk about graphical settings for the first 48 to 72 hours as we have, but not much of us are detailing the lore, the setting, the gunplay and what not. And maybe that's because we're overly obsessed with our 2 to 4 thousand dollar machines working as expected versus caring about the gameplay mechanics at hand. However, it's also a possibility that the majority of us aren't discussing such things because the game isn't what it was anticipated to be?

Either way, this game has its thrills and its definite "meh" sides to it.

Gunplay, and driving mechanics are quite clunky at first - at least in my perspective. Yet the open world is quite different than what we're used to which is a bit refreshing. I can't state how big the map is - it's rather large, but I think CDPR was going for a "Shit to do per capita" type of game than making the biggest boring map in history.

I'm seriously digging the looting system in this game as it kind of pulls similar mechanics from Borderlands and other FPS RPG's we've all played in the past. The action in this game is definitely there but I wouldn't call it impressive or state of the art. The overly pushy missions and cutscenes that get crammed down your throat during and just after the prologue are a bit of an annoyance more than anything. When fights do break out(for the most part), it happens at a more random and "Finally!" feeling than actually being fun. I'm pretty sure half of my gameplay has been me cutting through cutscenes, because I clearly don't give a shit about the lore at this point. Probably would be 80% of my time if I didn't cut through most of the dialogue.

Like in the Witcher, you can buy prostitutes and have a good time with them, which is always a plus :)

As of the new patch today my performance has gotten worse, and I wasn't minding the performance prior to it. Now? Missions are getting stuck or extremely delayed on my end and I'm feeling a bit off choppiness from time to time.

Overall, it's a fun game - takes a bit to get used to all the controls and clunky mechanics, but the weapons and loot system are fun, the world is alive and plentiful, and the perk system is in-depth enough for a long term playthrough.

Right now, I wouldn't rate it any higher than a 6.8 out of 10 on my book, and this is absolutely because the game just doesn't feel finished. I can't tell you how many times already (within 22 hours of gameplay) that I've had missions overlap with a mission I'm currently on, or how many times I've had to reload a quick save because progression, an NPC or a mission is delayed or stuck.

Other than that, it's an enjoyable experience. If you have a solid rig to play it on, sure, get it. If you can wait a few months for them to iron out most of the really noticeable bugs, do it. This game will be pretty epic once things are mostly in order.

Last edited:
There's just so much to do, within just the first 4 hours even. The world just sucks you in, bugs and all.

It's also incredibly satisfying running around with a katana and pistol. Can't wait until CDPR irons out the janks because I can see myself coming back to this repeatedly, just like Witcher 3.

Yep, I agree with this and in fact, I have to pay attention that I do not get totally sucked in. :)

Asking if the game sucks or not will obviously get a subjective answer.

In my perspective - I think this game has its definite ups and downs. While this is Hardforum, I expected most of us to talk about graphical settings for the first 48 to 72 hours as we have, but not much of us are detailing the lore, the setting, the gunplay and what not. And maybe that's because we're overly obsessed with our 2 to 4 thousand dollar machines working as expected versus caring about the gameplay mechanics at hand. However, it's also a possibility that the majority of us aren't discussing such things because the game isn't what it was anticipated to be?

Either way, this game has its thrills and its definite "meh" sides to it.

Gunplay, and driving mechanics are quite clunky at first - at least in my perspective. Yet the open world is quite different than what we're used to which is a bit refreshing. I can't state how big the map is - it's rather large, but I think CDPR was going for a "Shit to do per capita" type of game than making the biggest boring map in history.

I'm seriously digging the looting system in this game as it kind of pulls similar mechanics from Borderlands and other FPS RPG's we've all played in the past. The action in this game is definitely there but I wouldn't call it impressive or state of the art. The overly pushy missions and cutscenes that get crammed down your throat during and just after the prologue are a bit of an annoyance more than anything. When fights do break out(for the most part), it happens at a more random and "Finally!" feeling than actually being fun. I'm pretty sure half of my gameplay has been me cutting through cutscenes, because I clearly don't give a shit about the lore at this point. Probably would be 80% of my time if I didn't cut through most of the dialogue.

Like in the Witcher, you can buy prostitutes and have a good time with them, which is always a plus :)

As of the new patch today my performance has gotten worse, and I wasn't minding the performance prior to it. Now? Missions are getting stuck or extremely delayed on my end and I'm feeling a bit off choppiness from time to time.

Overall, it's a fun game - takes a bit to get used to all the controls and clunky mechanics, but the weapons and loot system are fun, the world is alive and plentiful, and the perk system is in-depth enough for a long term playthrough.

Right now, I wouldn't rate it any higher than a 6.8 out of 10 on my book, and this is absolutely because the game just doesn't feel finished. I can't tell you how many times already (within 22 hours of gameplay) that I've had missions overlap with a mission I'm currently on, or how many times I've had to reload a quick save because progression, an NPC or a mission is delayed or stuck.

Other than that, it's an enjoyable experience. If you have a solid rig to play it on, sure, get it. If you can wait a few months for them to iron out most of the really noticeable bugs, do it. This game will be pretty epic once things are mostly in order.

Thank you, I am an enormous fan of the Witcher series. And I realize that these are totally different games, but cut from the same development cloth. I'll probably wait to play it then, and I really do want to play it but playing it on sub par hardware which I have and the amount of bugs & performance issues are too man variables to justify the purchase at this time.

Appreciate you taking the time to type all of that.

So...is the game any good. Or just another glorified tech demo like Crysis?
Its fun. I'm seeing hints of vamp masquerade, borderlands and ME. Didn't play watch dogs but prob that too. The system is good enough, skills are flexible and useful throughout the game, and not many 'dump here' or 'must have' perks.
Combat is ok, little buggy but you get to play however you want. sword, gun, stealth, hack or mix of them all seem viable.

What I don't like is the number of 'go and kill' quests they have. I thought that was over with WoW. Still plenty of quests with stories, voices and dedicated NPCs, but there are obvious fillers that stick out.
I also think they could have done better without keanu reeves. There are some annoying..things.

Worth it? yeah probably, but I think you can wait for a bit.

I don’t think this game is my kind of thing.
Too story driven.
I want something I don’t believe is technically possible right now...like run my character into the depths of cyber augmentation addiction.

My nomad would wreak havoc on the City basically shutting down services, sabotage, outright terrorism.

My corpie character would subjugate the population and try to make them mindless consumers of my products and services while I murder my way thru my competition. Sabotage their products and services along the lines of flipper arm babies and horrific death from their products. I’d probably start a couple illicit side ventures using the population as test subjects. 100% use the funds to implicate corpie coworkers in my way in all sorts of career ending crimes. It’d be fun just to evade capture.

Hell, it’d be fun to fail as 1 of the 3 character pr8mitives and have to rebuild along 1 of the other paths.....assuming any of the people I did dirty along the way don’t kill me first.

I just picked this up today. They actually released a patch before I played for the first time, so yea...

For those who haven't considered trying it and are running an Nvidia card and have GeForce Experience. Go to the games tab and "optimize" the settings for the game and go from there. Maybe make a few tweaks to suit your preferences, it is probably a good starting point rather than putting everything on max settings and complaining that it runs like hot garbage. This is a true next gen game from what I have seen so far, the phrase, "Can it run Crisis?" comes to mind and I'm happy to see something that can push even the most top end hardware.

Using the optimized Geforce experience settings, I ended up with almost always 60-70 FPS, the odd dip down into the 50s, but honestly it felt quite smooth and nice. At some point in the future I'll probably play around with upping detail settings and seeing the difference but it looks VERY nice using the Geforce Experience recommended settings.

I plan to upgrade my computer when the Ryzen 5000 series CPUs become available for purchase, this game pegs my CPU at ~100%, but honestly it isn't causing any crazy stuttering or anything. Now my i7 6700k is OC'd to 4.6Ghz, so I guess that helps a bit, plus I splurged on an EVGA FTW3 Ultra Gaming RTX 3090 and I don't regret it, it seems to be a perfect match for CyberPunk 2077. :)

My game playing experience is basically the first main mission to the point where I go to my Apartment, so my experience is limited, but so far it has been super playable, enjoyable and honestly I am not disappointed with how this looks at 4K with HDR with the Geforce Experience Optimized settings.

got my first real bug. I couldn't progress in the story. a google search told me to save the game and reload it. it fixed it. the next part after that I was doing the mission where you go and get the robot from some jerk and kill all his buddys. I kept running out of ammo, and getting more/different guns off bodies. I guess I need to vender all the crap I've been picking up and buy ammo and better guns? I never play single player games so this is a learning curve. also, the interface to choose what I wanted that guy to implant in me was confusing.

got my first real bug. I couldn't progress in the story. a google search told me to save the game and reload it. it fixed it. the next part after that I was doing the mission where you go and get the robot from some jerk and kill all his buddys. I kept running out of ammo, and getting more/different guns off bodies. I guess I need to vender all the crap I've been picking up and buy ammo and better guns? I never play single player games so this is a learning curve. also, the interface to choose what I wanted that guy to implant in me was confusing.

I'd focus on one or two gun types you like and increase their power(Head shot multiplier, crit chance, overall damage, etc)with the perks.

Pistols and snipers is what I've been rocking and I'm absolutely destroying dude's with headshots in nearly a blink of an eye.

The ammo boxes are scattered everywhere - only on an occasion have I ran out of ammo.

You can also craft ammo on the fly too. Definitely salvage anything you aren't using and you'll be fine on ammo.

Also to note - stick to blue quality weapons as they'll last a while until they're obsolete. You should be finding at least one or more blue quality or higher items every main mission. And that includes the small side quests around every corner(street gangs and saving quests). Just loot everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabe3
like this
I'd rather not use cash on weapons. They drop frequently enough, and real good ones are too expensive in the beginning.
Crafting health pots, ammos and grenades out of junks will help more.

Save money, you want to buy implants that help your build later on.

Back