Cyberpunk 2077

HDR is working fine here. I can't speak to settings or anything else, it's always worked great for me in the games that support it, outside of Metro which had broke ass DLSS 1.0, and they never 'learned' it on HDR, so HDR + DLSS was screwed up.

I have a 2950x and dumped everything to the lowest quality settings, and only get 70ish fps. What else is there to do to get better FPS?
There isn't much more you're going to be able to do. Time to upgrade, honestly. For most games you're looking at something that could barely keep up with a PBO'd 2700x..

I'm pretty impressed with the level of detail in this game. This will be the first game of this scale that I think I play through multiple times.

Walking out into street level the first time was almost overwhelming. There's shit happening everywhere.

I'm pretty impressed with the level of detail in this game. This will be the first game of this scale that I think I play through multiple times.

Walking out into street level the first time was almost overwhelming. There's shit happening everywhere.
Which lifepath did you go with?

Has there been any mention of a demo version coming in the future at all?

Whatever the counter-intel guy was.

Same here. I wanted to get a Deus Ex-ish thing going. Still no complaints here. Just some minor adjustments.

Incidentally: How do you holster a weapon or "put your hands down" out of combat?

Raytracing Medium mode preset. First Image is DLSS balanced, second is DLSS quality.

Note, that the photo mode seems to add a little blur. May have to do with how it does it with DLSS, I don't know. Also, in HDR the photo-mode saves as SDR. That being said, this scene looks remarkably better with HDR enabled. Seeing the photo after the fact in SDR, it just doesn't wow as much.

photomode_09122020_204900.png
photomode_09122020_204831.png

Of note, right before I got in place to take the photo, there were far more people in scene. However, a crazed old lady in a car that looked like a Prius decided to run a bunch of people over and they all fled from the area. This game is going to piss some people off w/ GTA style random-ness I think.

Last edited:
This game is legit pretty buggy.

Had literally the first mission break where I had to read something on my computer and it wouldn't register. Knocked everyone out in the 2nd mission and had the DEFEAT THE BANDIT or whatever object get stuck on my screen.

Mirror is fucked up and I mysteriously lost my hair.

Just a bunch of little things.

Same here. I wanted to get a Deus Ex-ish thing going. Still no complaints here. Just some minor adjustments.

Incidentally: How do you holster a weapon or "put your hands down" out of combat?
Same as in combat, just hit alt twice.

45-90+FPS No RTX. Dumped motion blur , film grain and Chromatic. 1440p medium settings on a Ryzen 3600 and 2080super. Looks good no crashes in pushing 3 hours. Also on older Nvidia drivers. Plenty fun so far. RTX cuts the frame rate in half For me but does look good though.

So, other than the key binding I am totally amazed by this game to far. For performance I turned off RT, kept everything on Ultra. I did turn off Film Grain, Cromatic crap, and DOF. Motion Blur is also off cause I cant stand it.

With those settings I was getting around 45-60 FPS starting off as a street kid in 4k. So, I decided to try out DLSS quality and I instantly shot up to around 75-90fps. SO FAR I cannot tell of any loss in IQ, but I am just starting the game out.

The only other weird issue I am having is with my mouse....just seems like there is some odd ass latency issue or something, specially when trying to scroll up and down in menus and in game?

last thing....HDR is AMAZING so far on this Oled!!!
Install directory, r6/config/inputUserMappings.xml. You can edit the file, it's... dense, but not overly complex. Stunning how many actions were left out of the in-game rebind page.

MY POOR 6700k and GTX 1080

Walk outside for first time, both are pegged at 90 something % usage. RIP computer, you have nothing else to give.

Step 1. Locate your Cyberpunk files

Step 2. Cyberpunk 2077 > r6 > config

Step 3. Open "inputUserMappings.xml" using notepad++ or the like

Step 4. Ctrl+F > replace

Step 5. replace every instance of "IK_F" (WITH QUOTES!!) to "IK_G"(or whatever you want your "use" key to be)

Step 6. Save the file and launch the game

after that you should be able to bind F to whatever you want; In my case walk right is now bindable to F.

Edit: Make sure you do it with quotes or else replacing all IK_F will also replace your F1 - F12 binds and will likely break the game

Edit Edit: If anyone finds out a way to do toggle aim instead of hold aim *PLEASE* let me know, I'm at the post prologue tutorial and it is killing me

Welp. This is like the first game since GTA5 first came out that i've spent a good 2 hours just driving around causing mass chaos. The level of mass chaos this game is capable of delivering is a new height for gaming. Running over trans-sexual midgets while a police mech is dropped on top of my car. It's incredible.

Have to wait for my physical copy from Amazon being delivered tomorrow. :(

Oh well, by then the servers will have calmed down so it'll download super fast.

So far, the only bugs I've come across have been funny ones.

Mirrors would show me not wearing pants. GPS routed me over a cliff and into a lake. Summoned my car once and it arrived upside down and on fire.

Thats it. Not to be for being 4 hours in.

I'd embrace this as a feature.

Made me laugh.

I don't think the route on your map differentiates being in a car or on foot. Or really takes any sort of logic into account. It brute forces the fastest way to your next objective. In my case, that was going over a ledge and then swimming to shore, I guess.

There isn't much more you're going to be able to do. Time to upgrade, honestly. For most games you're looking at something that could barely keep up with a PBO'd 2700x..

So, I benchmarked some more. And apparently it's the GPU. It's at a solid 95-97%. But DLSS does nothing. It doesn't matter if I set it to Ultra Performance or Quality or Off, nothing changes. The graphics stay the same, the frame rate stays the same, etc. And apparently that's what most of the online benchmarks use to push the game to higher quality. I'm wondering why DLSS isn't working for me.

CP2077 has huge potential, but omg it's SO BUGGY lol. The reviews weren't exaggerating, just about every minute there's some pretty significant bug. Just doing that first fist fight quest with the "twins," I got my ass handed to me, reloaded, could not climb the ladder to their little pad for the life of me (it'd do the finish climbing ladder animation then spit me off) - after a dozen tries it finally worked. Got my ass beat again, reloaded, then my health bar would not show up. Reloaded, finally won, one guy goes over to the sidelines normally, the other guy gets up and does this weird fists up/fists down animation over and over, slowly walking over to the other guy. It's just full of this kind of stuff, lol.

I will say it performs good on my PC but I'm keeping RT effects off. With all other settings maxed, DLSS "balanced," and 1440p, I have it locked solid at 90 fps. The game is still absolutely gorgeous without RT and butter smooth at 90 fps.

So, I've seen a few minor bugs so far (including one where the NCPD literally spawns into existence in a cut-scene), but not too much major or game-breaking. HOWEVER: The game has some ultrawide issues. It works, most of the time, but I've seen a ton of hints, tool-tips, and tutorial messages just appear half off the screen when they pop up in menus. It almost seems like menus are rendered in 16:9 and in doing so it breaks the pop-up messages while playing at 21:9. Not the worst thing in the world, but very annoying.

DLSS performance mode is kind of garbage too. It has a masses negative effect on visual quality. I'd suggest not using anything except "Quality" mode if you plan on using DLSS at all, the visual impact just isn't worth it.

So, I benchmarked some more. And apparently it's the GPU. It's at a solid 95-97%. But DLSS does nothing. It doesn't matter if I set it to Ultra Performance or Quality or Off, nothing changes. The graphics stay the same, the frame rate stays the same, etc. And apparently that's what most of the online benchmarks use to push the game to higher quality. I'm wondering why DLSS isn't working for me.
I mean, it's probably because you're still running an Apple IIe.

Fork you GOG , cannot login due to 2fa not sending me confirmation code email. Checking reddit, I am not the only one either.

I mean, it's probably because you're still running an Apple IIe.
So, I went onto YouTube, and even people with 10900s are only getting 50-60 fps @ 1440p with everything cranked to max. That Linus video doesn't have everything cranked to max, as there are two settings you can set to Psycho, rather than Ultra.

I'm wondering if the people who are getting better frame rates just happen to be in a different area of the game than me.

Only played for a about two of hours, as the release time was 1am here.

I only hit two bugs in that time 1 background npc was T posing in Lizzy's bar in the prologue, and had an instance where during the training program/tutorial the hacking overlay glitched and I couldn't get out of it. I had to load an auto save to get out of it. I haven't seen anything that looks like an unfixable issue.

One noticeable visual improvement was turning off Chromatic aberration and film grain if using DLSS, these two setting seem to make the visuals very blurry/fuzzy when on. The game looked disturbingly fuzzy during character creation, but once in the starting area I started poking at the settings, turning these two off seemed to fix the issue.

I purposely had my FPS counter turned off as I didn't want to be staring at it while getting first impressions, but the game ran very smooth at 1440p ultra settings (the recommended pre selected settings) with DLSS auto and Gsync. I'll update at some point with fps.

I am running a 2080 Super and 10600k.

I love how cars just clip the concrete block right behind Jackie when you walk outside for the first time. Every 30 seconds you cars plowing into it.

Like how does that make it into the game. I know it's not just me because I've seen it happen in videos.

Also huge what the fuck at how you just get warped for apparently driving too far out? Like I'm on a highway, haven't seen another car in a couple minutes... then 3 seconds later I'm at a standstill facing a wall because you just get teleported to avoid you going past this invisible barrier. Terrible.

Only played for a about two of hours, as the release time was 1am here.

I only hit two bugs in that time 1 background npc was T posing in Lizzy's bar in the prologue, and had an instance where during the training program/tutorial the hacking overlay glitched and I couldn't get out of it. I had to load an auto save to get out of it. I haven't seen anything that looks like an unfixable issue.

One noticeable visual improvement was turning off Chromatic aberration and film grain if using DLSS, these two setting seem to make the visuals very blurry/fuzzy when on. The game looked disturbingly fuzzy during character creation, but once in the starting area I started poking at the settings, turning these two off seemed to fix the issue.

I purposely had my FPS counter turned off as I didn't want to be staring at it while getting first impressions, but the game ran very smooth at 1440p ultra settings (the recommended pre selected settings) with DLSS auto and Gsync. I'll update at some point with fps.

I am running a 2080 Super and 10600k.
CAPSLOCK is the ‘toggle’ option for the hacking overlay (as opposed to TAB being the ‘hold’ option). So if you accidentally hit capslock that could be why your overlay stayed active.

45-90+FPS No RTX. Dumped motion blur , film grain and Chromatic. 1440p medium settings on a Ryzen 3600 and 2080super. Looks good no crashes in pushing 3 hours. Also on older Nvidia drivers. Plenty fun so far. RTX cuts the frame rate in half For me but does look good though.
Why not install the new drivers?
Does your FPS improve if you set the game to 1440p or 1080p, instead of 4K?
Do you have the new nvidia drivers from today?

I am downloading now and it's late but going to play this damn game for a bit..... it's only been like 10 years waiting lol.

edit: oh new driver time... lol

Impressive power consumption with this game - still not as well beautifully sculpted as RDR 2 IMHO, but it's definitely a beautiful game

2070 super -
RT OFF / high settings
75 to 90 inside @ 1440p
55 to 70 outside @ 1440p
RT ON/high settings
30 to 35 outside
45 to 60 inside

MSI Afterburner immediately crashes the game with OSD activated. Ended up just moving task bar icons to second screen, added a frame counter too.

Overall - story is okay so far, have only a few hours in. The tech is cool, and I'm quite anxious to hit up the city life a bit more freely, I'm pretty much at that point.

Was pretty neat to see Keanu's Arch motorcycles in game too!

QKN6GYH.jpg

CAPSLOCK is the ‘toggle’ option for the hacking overlay (as opposed to TAB being the ‘hold’ option). So if you accidentally hit capslock that could be why your overlay stayed active.

Interesting I will test that and see if it was what was causing the issue, sounds plausible.

Back