Cyberpunk 2077

PS5 and XSX have a 60 fps option (granted, I believe it's 1080p) that looks pretty damn good. Just sayin'.

I hope DLSS looks good in this, in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, which I finally just recently played, at 1440p the DLSS looks really bad, blocky shadows and shit at medium-distance.

It seemed good in Control, and okay in WD: Legion (though it messed up the hair).

Finally out eh? Good. I guess I'll get around to playing it when I can go to a store and actually purchase some upgrades to play it at a decent frame rate.

from the benches, looks like my Vega 64 should be good for 1080P Ultra at 30-50fps which is good enough for me. I just hope my crappy FX CPU doesn't cause massive performance issues.

Lol...what? No. By all accounts it's buggy, but by no means a flop.
Yup... very much on course to be another CDPR hit... great game, but just like every Witcher game, it's probably best to wait for the GOTY edition... though I'm not going to wait that long. :D

I do hope they can patch it quickly, and fix most of the bugs.

So rather than having a small drop in IQ that is barely noticeable 99% of the time, you take a huge drop in graphics quality.
Have you played games with RT on? All I've noticed is a massive drop in performance. I swapped back to RT off in games and honestly couldn't tell the difference. I probably could find it if I really looked for it, but if I have to stop and find the difference then I don't see the point.

Have you played games with RT on? All I've noticed is a massive drop in performance. I swapped back to RT off in games and honestly couldn't tell the difference. I probably could find it if I really looked for it, but if I have to stop and find the difference then I don't see the point.
You don't need RT enabled to use DLSS 2.0.

You don't need RT enabled to use DLSS 2.0.
I never said you do, I wasn't even talking about DLSS. I was responding to his post saying "huge drop in quality" without RT.

Depends on the game - it was super noticeable in Control and WD: Legion, but I could barely tell the difference in SoTTR.

No idea what I'm going to do if I find this unplayable on my laptop lol.

No idea what I'm going to do if I find this unplayable on my laptop lol.
Buy a console. If I didn't have my 2080ti already i'd likely give up playing this on PC and get a console.

some people are mostly upset that in the future there are still distinct men and women, not everyone is trans/gender-fluid or something... knowing nothing about the game I just wonder why that is a complaint at all, does it actually relate to the story/characters or is it just crappy reviewers who can't get their own head out of their ass?

some people are mostly upset that in the future there are still distinct men and women, not everyone is trans/gender-fluid or something... knowing nothing about the game I just wonder why that is a complaint at all, does it actually relate to the story/characters or is it just crappy reviewers who can't get their own head out of their ass?
It's pretty annoying. Not that I care that much, but it's pretty over-the-top in AC Valhalla where just about every main character you meet seems to be homosexual, for some reason, even though it's statistically improbable.

Buy a console. If I didn't have my 2080ti already i'd likely give up playing this on PC and get a console.
Honestly I'd consider it. Plus I've never owned a single Playstation in my life lol so I wouldn't mind giving that a try. But aren't those just about as hard to snag atm?

Interesting.. the performance results from that Tom's article were definitely pretty shocking, hopefully that's true

Honestly I'd consider it. Plus I've never owned a single Playstation in my life lol so I wouldn't mind giving that a try. But aren't those just about as hard to snag atm?
I'd think getting a new console is still going to be easier than a sufficient GPU to run this game at 4K.

Yeah if the DRM is hardcore enough, it can easily cause performance issues. This is why I bought the game on GOGamer. Not only do I want to give the developers 100% of the profit. I also wanted no DRM!
Dang, what a blast from the past.

https://www.gogamer.com/

They were actually selling boxed games back in '07 still... didn't realize they were still in business :LOL:

Yeah if the DRM is hardcore enough, it can easily cause performance issues. This is why I bought the game on GOGamer. Not only do I want to give the developers 100% of the profit. I also wanted no DRM!
Why not just buy it from GOG.com?

Has it not until now!?

Yeah I don't see a FX CPU doing well here lol

the FX 8320 hasn't been an issue in the sense that I value visuals so much more than framerate that I max out every setting and load up the Vega with Reshade FX (including screenspace raytraced global illumination/ambient occlusion) to the point I'm getting 30-45fps at 1680x1050 and I don't notice the CPU bottlenecking 🤷‍♀️
I'm sure that even reaching 60fps in modern games would be a struggle for this chip but 40fps with vsync off and anti-lag on feels snappy enough for how I play. I know, not very [H]ard lol

So looks like performance numbers from the pre-launch version should be ignored. CDPR told Gamers Nexus that the DRM in the review copies hurts performance.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1336066826233651202
this is what I'm thinking because the toms benchmark numbers and the official system requirement numbers are very different. according to toms I would be getting fps in the teens on ultra settings. but I exceed the system requirements for ultra, so whos right?

this is what I'm thinking because the toms benchmark numbers and the official system requirement numbers are very different. according to toms I would be getting fps in the teens on ultra settings. but I exceed the system requirements for ultra, so whos right?
Toms numbers aren't using release day Nvidia drivers - which obviously aren't done yet. The game itself is also going to remain in development up to the minute it releases.

Therefore take prerelease FUD with a big grain of salt, always factoring that we're in the deepest depths of the clickbait era - every site and 'tube channel wants to be first to throw feces at the big new thing.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure DLSS 2.0 on Quality has improved IQ on every game that I have tested it on at 4K. According to TH it improves performance 90% on Cyberpunk 2077, not sure why anyone would be against using it unless they are a purist and want to see aliasing.

Check the other thread about DLSS made by a member here. Checkout their Death Stranding video. DLSS seems to affect a good bit. Changes the way things like rain drops appear on surfaces and waterfalls look like.

I'll double check it again eventually on my own PC, but it was certainly a degrade in image quality. Small details were harder to see and effects were subdued. But some textures may appear better looking.

Still kind of sad Cyberpunk isn't a bit darker like Blade Runner. So close, but so far in tone.

Dark is great for an atmospheric film. When I'm looking for targets, loot, NPCs, threats, whatever, being able to see them is a plus.

Dark is great for an atmospheric film. When I'm looking for targets, loot, NPCs, threats, whatever, being able to see them is a plus.
uhh, you do understand Mchart meant dark tonally, not literally like less light? I mean sometimes darker environments are a part of that, but..

Looks like the game flopped. I'll wait until the Christmas sale for it.

Universal critical acclaim, marred only by technical issues (like basically every other massive open world rpg ever released). Unprecedented hype and preorder numbers "visibly higher" than any previous CDPR title.

Sounds like a flop to me. I heard Skyrim was a total bomb too...

Check the other thread about DLSS made by a member here. Checkout their Death Stranding video. DLSS seems to affect a good bit. Changes the way things like rain drops appear on surfaces and waterfalls look like.

I'll double check it again eventually on my own PC, but it was certainly a degrade in image quality. Small details were harder to see and effects were subdued. But some textures may appear better looking.

Original DLSS hurt imagine quality a lot. DLSS 2, IMO, improves it. I saw the thread your talking about, but i didn't see it as a problem. DLSS made the game look sharper than even native resolution, never mind the performance gain. In motion, it looked great. Under a microscope, there are imperfects, but I'm not walking arond analyzing raindrops when I play games. Given that 60fps could be a challenge for most of us, I'm going to say any visual artifacts caused by DLSS will likely be far less glaring than frequent performance drops. If DLSS locks in a solid 4k 60fps, I'll be running it no questions asked.

Original DLSS hurt imagine quality a lot. DLSS 2, IMO, improves it. I saw the thread your talking about, but i didn't see it as a problem. DLSS made the game look sharper than even native resolution, never mind the performance gain. In motion, it looked great. Under a microscope, there are imperfects, but I'm not walking arond analyzing raindrops when I play games. Given that 60fps could be a challenge for most of us, I'm going to say any visual artifacts caused by DLSS will likely be far less glaring than frequent performance drops. If DLSS locks in a solid 4k 60fps, I'll be running it no questions asked.

It depends on what you consider an acceptable loss of image quality I suppose. But to say there is no loss would be misleading. Some of the animations did look odd with DLSS on, and without a lot of the weather effects and how the world reacts to it the game looks a lot more flat. I'd say that is a good drop in image quality. Much like dropping down from your native resolution results in a big performance gain, but with a big loss of image quality. Each game will be a bit different though. Seems like Death Stranding it was more notable than Control.

native looks better then DLSS in 99% of the cases...the only exception is Death Stranding which for some reason looks better then native with DLSS enabled

Back